Thread: The OMG Contest!!

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default The OMG Contest!!

Yes yes yes! I'm going to host a Contest cause Halloween is fast approaching! Here's the skinny.

8 contestants total.

1 Pokemon per Contestant.
    3 rounds. Reg-Reg-Sup Appeal.
    3 round battle at the end to decide the winner. No SUBS allowed in this battle. Point total will show who attacks first (So getting first may not be advantageous after all... >D)

No holding place. You post in here, you post your Pokemon and your first appeal. If no appeal appears in your post, you will not be counted.

1. Ayeun
    2. Ultimate Charizard
    3. Blademaster.
    4. Mikachu

This Contest will not take more than 22 days. First appeals due by the 9th.

Oh and the Theme! The THEME for this Contest is
    "Things that go Bump in the night."

Happy Hauntings!! Mwahahhahahaah!
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 8th October 2011 at 04:54 PM.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

The Damsel of Disaster! Moderator

Default Re: The OMG Contest!!

I'm in.

Dusknoir, the spook (f) (shiny).

Bump in the night hey?

Use Ominous wind to set the dark, scary vibe.

Then use Will-O-Wisp to make the 'thing'

Finish off with Shadow Punch near the 'thing'

And you just made 'A thing that goes BUMP in the night'

Vs Seeker - 99% complete. Click here.

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Ayeun's Safari adventures.

Screw it, its been a while. Im in and ill enter with Gengar (f)

So....something creepy?

Ok Gengar lets set the atmosphere. Use a Haze to roll in a nice thick fog over the arena. Make sure it gets into the crowd so it gives them chills.

Follow that with a 'gentle' Ominous wind, again pushing outwards so the clearing haze rolls out slowly through the crowd to really get the creepy tone.

Finally use that Ghostly body of yours to hide in the fog for as long as possible, moving invisibly from where you were in center stage before popping up with Scary Face, right in front of the crowd!

That should get some pulse's racing.

Afterworld ~ Chapter 2 | Blood Bowl ~ Chapter 3
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

I'll join in with Grand Star, my Starmie(N).

Star, we're gonna go with something a bit more... antique than a pop scare. First, turn yourself invisible with Camouflage. Turn away from the crowd if you can't cloak your gemstone. I've heard about that somewhere... Anyway, once you're cloaked, zip up into the sky overhead as fast as you can, and then use Signal Beam to set up a few spooky lights, like a UFO. Once you have the crowd mesmerized, zip up higher into the sky until you're just a little speck of light, and then vanish into space entirely with a Flash!

Move: Camouflage, Signal Beam, Flash
    Last edited by Blademaster; 10th October 2011 at 04:29 PM.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Veteran Trainer

o.O 5 more open spots, and only 2 days left. Dun worry, if its you three, I'll host it still and base it off points, rather than elimination.

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

I Finnished last Moderator

Kyllä kyllä kyllä!
    Yes yes yes!

I just have to try.

My Pokemon of choice is Haave, my female Misdreavus with Levitate ability!

Haave, start off with Thunder to bring a storm to the arena.
    Then, sing Perish Song.
    Lastly, use Echoed Voice so that nobody knows where this spooky song comes from.

Veteran Trainer

'ello everyone.

Dl here, eager to host this Haunted Contest. I'll leave the heavy handed words to other wordsmiths today, and simply bark out the rules.

All contestants will perform in the middle of this flattened field. It's in the shape of a circle, and the audience-which is you all-will surround them completely. Be ready, you never know where they may come out from.

Without further ado, let's get this contest started! *Gunshot to the sky*

Round 1: Things that go bump in the night.

1) The crowd leans forward collectively, as the first contender rises up from out of the ground. Shaded growth does nothing to shade or hide the bright yellow lines across its massive build. The phantom raises both arms, and with its enormous stomouth-exhales a chilling breeze that causes the smallest of children to huddle a bit closer to mom.

The breeze whips through the field, and just when they think the worst has past, the crowd is privy to the flame. A small flame, barely floating of of the ground. It starts its journey, snaking along toward the left...then to the right, almost aimlessly.

People watch the flame wander, until a sharp rapping noise hits the bleachers where they sit. The flame floats by, and again that sharp rapp can be heard. People look into the darkness under the bleachers, and all they can make out is the halo of the flame, as it passes under them all.

the spook reappears, to a mediocre applause, and floats back to the sidelines.

2) The field is silent once more, and the audience still seems well adjusted. That is, until the fog begins to roll in. It builds slow, first a light fog hovering over the flattened wheat. It builds to the point where the lower bleacher viewers are waist deep in this fog.

Eyes peer out from the center of the Haze, planning their next move carefully. As people on the higher bleachers search for the culprit, they realize the fog is starting to blot their vision. The center of the circle clears, and the few folks that can see through it see nothing at all. The crowd is cloaked in Haze.

In no time at all, the left side of the bleachers scream. People start to talk in wonder, until another set of screams catches another part of the crown off guard. In no time at all, as the haze begin to fade off, every main section of the crowd is frightened by a massive face-complete with dagger like teeth and a bloodshot set of eyes. The Haze fades, leaving only a Gengar floating above the audience, who clap and cheer for the good scare.

3) As Gengar merely flies outside the rings parameters, her replacement begins its appeal with an equally creepy start. The now pretty perturbed crowd watches the ground move. Some people suspect some sort of camouflaging Pokemon, but with the way Grand Star lies flat on its gemstone, no one can tell for sure.

The colorshifting Starmie suddenly shoots skyward, collecting a gasp from the audience. It floats there, and that gemstone starts to glow brilliantly, before soft lights begin to ebb from it, in all directions. Everyone stares at the sky, enthralled by the light show that is getting higher...and higher..and higher, before a massive blast of light permeates everyone's vision. People shout and block their eyes from the glare, only to see....nothing.

No sign of a Pokemon...if it even WAS a Pokemon. They all look to the center of the arena, and clap for what all probably believe was a close encounter!

4) With Grand Star removed from play, there's only one left. The crowd settles back into their seats, and look for a new fright. They get it in the name of Haave. Unlike the other three appeals, this one brings a vocal component to the easily startled crowd. The phantom appears in front of them all, followed closely by the ear-splitting shriek of lightning. People jump in their seats, only to have their ears haunt them next.

A melody fit for the dying plays in their minds, and possibly their hearts, as they look around fearfully. The all look for the phantom to stop singing, but they all see her just floating there-not singing. But the song, its still Echoing! Its still building! People start to stand in fright, and hold their head in quiet agony.

The melody finally passes, leaving the crowd to clap, but also to keep their wits about them. This Contest was truly testing their solidarity with the imperceptible!!

Round 1 Stats

Ayeun and Dusknoir, the spook: 7.9 - 10

You took the theme literally, and it was fine. The main premise was the Sucker Punch, which would have garnished more effect if the Will-o-wisp was to see in its formation. Since people could see the flame, they could safely assume that its moving flame could have been making those sounds. It still was a great appeal-it got the crowd nervous and cautious.

Ultimate Charizard and Gengar: 8.5 - 10

Hiding in plain sight was nice. Its always good to see a very good display with just so little. The peek-a-boo tactic worked to your favor, delivering a small but strong fright to the crowd one section at a time.

Blademaster and GrandStar: 8.5 - 10

The hiding in plain sight tactic hurt you, only because its general gist was done already. But the direction you took your appeal completely redeemed it. UFO's are an original source of fear and wonder, and the way Grandstar made its "exit" left just that-a wonder if the crowd was visited by something otherworldly.

Mikachu Yukitatsu and Haave: 7.8 - 10

Game changer! The last three appeals dealt with stealth and the unknown...things that are silent. But you went and pushed for sound, for the fear that comes with hearing nature. Now, I was not sure if the song was the thing that went bump, or the effect it has on your heart, or was it just the lightning strike and the thunderclap that followed. That made it hard for me to judge-hence the lower score.

Round 2 is another regular appeal. You all see the scoreboard. This next round is due by the 15th. No eliminations, so this is still anyone's Contest. Oh! Motivation for round Two: Fuel for your nightmares.

Entertaining quotes!

Hmmm....Nightmare fuel eh?

Lets take that a little literally shall we.

Gengar begin with a Hypnosis, widespread to put the audience to sleep, then follow with Nightmare to get them tossing and turning, building it to Crescendo with a Thunder strike to wake them screaming!

If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Veteran Trainer

Time for some more old-fashioned terror - Cthulhu style!

Grand Star, start off by blasting a torrential Hydro Pump into the sky. Then use Psychic to catch the water and shape it into a creepy, cosmic form... You're pretty much an alien, right? Put that otherworldly mind to use and make up a nice floating Lovecraftian horror for the crowd. Then, let a Round echo through it - a hellish proclamation from the Elder Gods themselves - and let it crescendo just as you loose your Psychic hold and make the form burst. Bonus points if any of the 'monster space goo' hits the crowd!

Move: Hydro Pump, Psychic + Round

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Nightmare fuel?

DAMN YOU BLADE, I wanted to go all Lovecraft on the audience! (I just started reading Call of Cthulu. Hence my comment to Papa)

Very well... What's scarier than a ghost?

Look directly at the audience... LEAR at them if you will.

While Learing, turn that in to a Mean Look

And then, while still looking and learing at the audience, Convert the whole face in to a Torment

Fin!

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Veteran Trainer

Damn. That was fast :/ LOL.

Entertaining quotes!

I'm last again?

Destiny Bond with the audience so that they live on through the nightmare you make.
    Create a Shadow Ball next.
    End with Astonish appearing through that Shadow Ball.

Veteran Trainer

[Round 2]

We'll get right back into this contest.

1) Haaza seems eager to get this match started. Without any prompt, the phantom shoots into the midst of the still shivering crowd, and seemingly made eye contact with every person in the crowd. The crowd seemed to be soothed by her eyes, until the sphere flew skyward. The crowd watched with caution, until it exploded into a stream of espers. A small start, but the crowd seemed slightly emboldened.

2) Haaza speeds away, only to be followed up by the bulky phantom that started off the last round. The Dusknoir raised its arms and stared at the crowd. But this time, the crowd felt the fear creep through their spines. The ghost continued the spell casting with its face, forcing a Mean Look from the leer that made the uneasy shift in their seat. It ends the appeal with a roar that gives everyone a start...and made a baby cry.

3) The crowd is stuck in a grip of fear, and the next phantom alights the field with more to temper their dreams with. Gengar shoots over everyone and releases an eerie set of sounds that make even the more nervous pass out. Their sleep is light, as the phantom actually creates a similar nightmare for them all. The crowd simultaneously moans and shivers in their seats, before waking up in a start. A collective start tied together in a massive scream as they awaken to the clap of thunder and the flash pattern of lightning. People are covered in sweat and some seem to be getting up and leaving...

4)...but they don't get far. Almost immediately, Grad Star revolves into the center area, and fires a massive water spray. It powers skyward, catching the attention of the crowd. Grandstar begins to rotate at a hyper speed, allowing its Psychic heritage to bleed off, and take conscious control of its watery projection. It curves and weaves itself into a massive watery beast, which glowers above the now hysterically frightened crowd. A low but powerful bellow escapes the beast, as the watery tendrils try to rise up-but all at once, Star loses control. The watery mass falls-splashing those in the front row. To the audience and discombobulated monster is frightening enough, but its goo hitting them? That drove some people to run for shelter.

Round 2 stats:

Haaza: There wasn't much to this appeal that seemed to generate a nightmare. Moreso startling, a small fright that could be brushed off quietly with a good nights sleep. It still got the crowd's attention, I'll give you that. 7

Spook: Scary faces have the ability to stay in our memories for a long while. It seemed that you were able to perfom this very well, as a base level fear. Good use on sounds as well to enhance your face. 7.9

Gengar: Go getter. The crowd wasn't really ready to be put to sleep, and then to be suddenly awakened from their possibly unsettling dreams-that's always something to worry about. Good way to wake them up, with a Thunder Clap. Makes you wonder if something's around... 8.3

Grand Star: A very complex appeal for 3 moves. Creating a monster and having it growl-especially after being awakened-yeah, that's very creative. You seemed to lose it at the very end there, but the after effect-the splash down- was very convincing and managed to scare the bejeezus out of the crowd. 8.9

This is still anyone's Contest. Super Appeal is next! Max point total is 15 for this round, so you can stage a comeback !

Theme: Your. Worst. Fear.

Appeals due by the 20-I'll have it up by the 23rd.
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 15th October 2011 at 05:50 PM.

Entertaining quotes!

Its been a while, remind me. Super Appeal? Is that 5 moves?

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Veteran Trainer

No prob. Super Appeal is 4 moves.

Entertaining quotes!

My worst fear is drowning.

Unfortunately, Dusknoir doesn't know enough water moves to drown the whole arena... So...

Use Ice beam + Rain dance to make a Block around you big enough for you to fit in, and fill it with water. Since your a ghost, you can't really drown.

Then use Telekinesis as you Struggle about in the water, making splashes over the top as you finally 'Succumb' to the watery depths.

Ok Gengar for this one were gonna take a trip into the allure of the supernatural, but were gonna need vict....volunteers. Weve all been picking on the crowd all night, why not let them take center stage.

Use a widespread attract on the crowd (Gengar is female) to lure all the guys in the arena out onto the stage, then as they approach use Disable to (mentally) freeze them all in place, hopefully making them all go suddenly quiet and stiff, then, select a group closest to the girls, as many as you think you can handle for the next part, and use Telekenesis to raise them slowly into the air around you.

End with a Role Play but in reverse. Instead of you copying them, force your personality onto your new minions and have them face the crowd menacingly, a horde of Gengar Thralls, some floating, some not, to scare the girls!!
    Last edited by Ultimate Charizard; 16th October 2011 at 11:38 AM.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Haave, start of with Embargo to create a freezing effect.
    Double Team yourself into 6 small clones,
    then spit Psybeams all over the place, bouncing from the audience, hopefully also causing hallucinations.
    Finish with Shadow Sneak, surprising everyone in the end.

Veteran Trainer

Worst fear, eh? Good thing I didn't use my first Round 2 Appeal idea yet after all...

Grand Star, I want you to Minimize and arrange your legs so you look like a spider. Then use Double Team and start multiplying yourself, still keeping up the spidery look. Then use Substitute so it looks like all the copies have just doubled into a swarm. Finally, Trick the audience into thinking y'all are a real spider swarm as you Zerg rush into the crowd!

(Be gentle with them, though. They've been traumatized enough for tonight. And for Arceus's sake DON"T SWARM ANY KIDS!)

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Veteran Trainer

Alright. Round 3

1) With the crowd now returned to their seats (well the ones brave enough to stay), the third and final scary appeals begin. Gengar is first to start, floating upwards to catch the complete attention of this enthralled crowd. Quietly, she begins to wink and flirt with the audience, effectively attracting the male demographic. Some women get defensive, only to realize its a Pokemon..there's nothing to fear...right? The men begin to clambor out of their seas and fall over themselves in their earnest quest to be with the Gengar. The women look on in confusion and horror as the men take center stage...and then freeze. Concerned looks garnish their faces as Gengar concentrates on a small number of them, about 5 guys.
    The other males seem to break free from the disabling technique, and look on in confusion as to how they reached the stage. The males in her grasp however, began to float oddly, almost with a zombified-disjointed look. Females lean back in uncertainty, only to scream audibly as the men all raise their arms up and somehow project a massive mouth full of ghostly fangs and deep red eyes! The effect is short lived as Gengar lands, exhausted. The men fall to the ground, a little dazed themselves.

2) The audience is quick to clear the stage, as that phantom hovers up to try its luck. As everyone tries to settle down, the freezing wind that blows across everyone chills them to the bone. People huddle closer together and blow into their hands in earnestness to feel warm, while watching Haaza cycle into a group of Misdreavus.
    The ghost wastes no time in creating an atmosphere best reserved for a house of mirrors, as light rays blast to and fro throughout the crowd.
    The audience tried to shield their eyes, but some members begin screaming about things that just aren't there! As half the audience fell victim to Psybeams' hallucinations, the other half are startled by the sudden reappearance of the phantoms as they creep up through the ground and from people's shadows. As fast as they appeared, they vanished and reformed back into one form-ending the appeal.

3) With that chilling appeal over, the crowd took a moment to calm down. People collected themselves and drank water to calm their nerves. All the while, Grand Star rotated in place, idly biding time and shrinking in size. The crowd barely got their collective nerve together, when Grand made its move. From one came three, and from three came six, and from six came nine...
    The ever growing swarm doubled again, creating two rows of arachnids that made people lift their feet in nervousness. The shivers grew into shrieks as the front row of starmiespiders charged the audience and ran across them-an elaborate trick, but one that made some people faint from sheer shock.

4) As Grand Star ended the appeal and moved away from center stage, out came Spook, ready to close the show. The crowd needed a minute to revive the fainted-their numbers had been mounting ever since the hallucinations from Haaza. As the crowd watched, more so huddled together than spread apart now- a light ran began to fall on Spook. This rain chilled around Spook-as he willingly froze the downpour around himself. The inside of the ice barrier was hollow, but the rain soon filled that.
    People began to point, wondering how the ghost was going to get out-as the top was pretty high. As Spook showed them, he wasn't. At first, he seemed fine, holding his breath. But as the seconds ticked on, and the audience watched, the lumbering phantom tried to struggle and reach up for the edges, but not quite making it. People gasped in horror, they were watching a Pokemon die! In mere moments, it soon was apparent that Spook was nothing more than a shell of its former self, floating lifelessly in the water.

The people stood up in awe and fear, shivering at the thought of that happen to them-but not to worry. A hefty kick from one of our refs and the ice block is shattered, Spook spilling out onto the floor. Dragging his "lifeless" body away, the audience is left to wonder if they should clap...or cry out in fear.

---One Week later LOL.

In this final round, the four competitors showed off what they considered their worst fears, and managed to elicit very startled reactions from the crowd.

Gengars started strong, but the changeover from manipulating the men to solely focusing on 5 of them slightly jilted the audience as a whole, it kinda felt like two separate appeals. The end scare was nice, but again, small only because of the concentration needed t execute both parameters effectively. 9/15

Following Gengar's mind control, we had Haaza and her hallucinations. In truth, this appeal was a bit more spine chilling. Being confused and disoriented around a mass of people is a fear many people gain some time in their lives. The reminder about phantoms existing alongside us was driven home a second time with the end of the appeal, but again, this felt like a seperate set of appeals due to the nature of disorienting some, and scaring others. 9/15

Haaza was followed by Grand Star, who used a very creepy phobia. Spiders. So many arachnophobes exist, and the style which Grand Star executed this swarm was unique and spine chilling. Sure, not everyone was an arachnophobe, but seeing a swarm of spiders would make people stop and assess what might be safer for them. 11/15

Ending the third round was Spook-and his representation of drowning was almost too lifelike. It was like watching a snuff film! It's a very real fear, but it also takes a certain type of person to be able to watch it...and that's even scarier than the actual act. Spooks manner of drowning within ice was pretty unique, and I did appreciate the audience not realizing he was a ghost and as such, did not need to breathe. 12/15

Welll-that's the end of the appeal part of the contest. Final tallies are
    UC 9+8+8.5=25.5
    Mika 9+7+7.8=23.8
    Ayu 12+7.9+7.9=27.8
    Blade: 11+8.9+8.5=28.4

Ayeun and Blade will have a three round battle to decide the winner! Spook vs Grand Star. As per the scores, Blade got the highest, so he attacks first.
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 29th October 2011 at 10:03 AM.

Entertaining quotes!

*poke*

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Indeed. *Poke*

Veteran Trainer

Post edited. Sorry about the wait, but at least we are at the last part!
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 29th October 2011 at 09:51 AM.

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer

Thunderbolt, Hydro Pump, Thunderbolt.

If she uses any status moves like Toxic, use Telekinesis to reroute them back at her.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Wait? ME? I got to the last stage?

Oh wow!

Dark pulse ~ Faint attack ~ Dark pulse

Veteran Trainer

>.> Prettification later.

Grand Star wastes no time in taking center stage against this phantom. As Spook lumbers over for the final part of the contest, he's immediately struck by a blast of energy from above. Grand Star rotates rapidly above him, that jewel refracting light as it shoots over to create space. Spook isn't down yet, and fires off a blast of umbraic energy. The splinter force slices across Grand's backside, bringing it down to eye level.

GS: -8E/-16H ===///=== Spo: -8E/-10H

Spook watches as Grand wells up a second force, this one much more to its natural inclination. Fearing teh force of the water that will strike, Spook makes for the bleachers. He dives into the crowd just as the Hydro Pump crashes in the barrier, soaking those unfortunate enough to get the best seat sin the house.

Grand immediately zips over, looking to see if the ghost was there, preferably prone. Instead, out came two hands, slamming Grand into the ground where Spook should have been. Impressive Faint Attack.

GS: -9E/-12H ===///=== Spo: -6E

Spook opened its belly in an attempt to once again slam this mental ninja star into the bleachers. Star barely started to show signs of cognizance when that Dark Pulse struck. Spinning skyward, Star managed to regain composure. Crackles of electric frustration gave way to a full force bolt, zapping Spook across the eyes! Yeowch, this echidnoderm's out for blood!

GS: -8E/-16H ===///=== Spo: -8E/-10H

GS: 55H/75E

Spook: 80H/78E

Ayeun

Entertaining quotes!

Shadow punch ~ Shadow ball ~ Ominous wind.

If he throws back some of those nasty status, use Protect. If he goes for repeats of the same status, Disable.

Veteran Trainer

Use Toxic and then Thunder Wave to force two Protects, and then wait for her to use her last move atacking before you counter with a Confuse Ray.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Veteran Trainer

Still too damn busy to prettify this.

Spook, feeling he has Grand in a corner, continues with the show of power. He barrels forth, one fist straight out. Star spies the incoming, and forces its body to flip over, so it can freely spit a toxic straight out of its stomach. The glob flies at Spook, who immediately opens his hand, and allows that energy to wash up and backwards, protecting him from that Toxic mess.

GS: -3E ===///=== Spo: -6E

Without warning, Star rotates and fires off a static charge from its body. The concurrent wave of electricity flies at the Dusknoir, but unbelievably, that Protective barrier still holds. Star harumphs, stinking ghost kept getting lucky.

GS: -3E ===///=== Spo: -6E

Tired of waiting behind its shield, Spook drops the act and rushes Star. The starfish floats aimlessly as a breeze catches under its body ad forces it upward. The breeze is appendage numbing, but it's fine. The sparking jewel atop Starmie's body glints in the light, creating a light show that Spook cannot ignore.

When its all over, and Grand Star is back at ground level, Spook floats there, oblivious to it all.

GS: -3E/-20H ===///=== Spo: -7E Cfn

GS: 35H/66E

Spook: 80H/59E

Final round!!!

Blade

Entertaining quotes!

*Bump for blade*

Veteran Trainer

If she's Confused during the first action or second action: Pain Split, Recover, Bubblebeam.

Otherwise, use Recover, Double Team, Pain Split.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Start with Taunt, then use 2 shadow balls.

If you are confused, use Protect first to block the pain split. If Taunt doesn't prevent Pain split, use Protect to block it when it comes.

Veteran Trainer

Will post finale tomorrow. 8-whenever you finish work is a bit...whoa.

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer

Ok! Here we go!

As expected, Star looked pretty pained from last rounds' exchange. But an emotionless facade speaks wonders, and the starfish rotates up, ready to continue. Its the Dusknoir who seems to be plagued now. Confusion seemed to have set in full force, and the ghost is now playing over by the children. As such, there's no hope for protection as Grand Star begins a sanctimonious link up of their energies...leveling the playing field.

GS: -12E/+23H ===///=== Spo: @_@ -23H

Spook looked back to the star as its health was robbed, positively perturbed that just occurred. With the confusion lessened in its psyche, the phantom quickly tried to rectify matters by flinging a Shadowball assault at Grand Star, The starfish took one straight on, and dealt with the pain before refocusing its energies on itself.

GS: -15E/+25H/-18H ===///=== Spo: -7E

Shaking off the woosy feeling, Star continues to try and stay alive, now firing off a Bubblebeam to stunt the ever angered phantom. The beam hits, but it doesn't do much to slow the Shadowball fury coming its way. One powerful blast knocks Star flat on its back, but was it enough?

GS: -5E/-18H ===///=== Spo: -7E/-7H

GS: 47H/34E

Spook: 50H/45E

...By the skin of his teeth, Spook survives the final round. This makes Ayeun the winner of the OMG Contest She will receive her 6 points and a ribbon from Blade. Thanks for bearing with me, and I guess its almost that time...
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 12th November 2011 at 01:55 PM.

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer

Well done, Grand Star. Dusknoir are powerful Ghosts... You performed admirably.

Ayeun, nicely done. Your Ribbon will be done and posted sometime within the next few days.

Also, good work to everyone for ALMOST getting this Contest done within the Halloween season.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Thanks blade. I wasn't sure I was going to win there.

Veteran Trainer

It'd be nice if we had some sort of ribbon-shaped 'base' to put these on, you know? A lot of times my Ribbons come out either too small or too cluttered because I'm forced to include or exclude an actual ribbon in the... well, Ribbon.

However, I digress. This Halloween's winner, Ayeun, has earned a Ribbon. So a Badge Ribbon she shall get. Ayeun, in recognition of your victory, I award you the O-M-Grim Ribbon.

Congratulations.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Blademaster View Post
    It'd be nice if we had some sort of ribbon-shaped 'base' to put these on, you know? A lot of times my Ribbons come out either too small or too cluttered because I'm forced to include or exclude an actual ribbon in the... well, Ribbon.

However, I digress. This Halloween's winner, Ayeun, has earned a Ribbon. So a Badge Ribbon she shall get. Ayeun, in recognition of your victory, I award you the O-M-Grim Ribbon.

Congratulations.
    AND OMG its so cute!