Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Lisa the Legend: Chapter 82 - Last Night on Earth now up! (24th June 2013)

Default Lisa the Legend - Chapter 52 up!!

ah, new chapters, that's what i've wanted.

GO GAVIN!!!! BOO OtHER GIRL!!!! LISA, DO SOMEWHAT OKAY!!!!!!

NEXT ChAPTER!!!!!
    The Almighty SuperSonicMewtwo

People and Pokémon alike be very afraid. I am unstoppable & unbeatable. I laugh in the face of danger, eat when I'm hungry, and belch in your face. Bow before me or face my wrath, for I am SuperSonicMewtwo, Master of all Pokémon and those who are annoying!

Yea! You got back up to the new chapters!

More new attacks! Maybe Quagsire can make a new attack to deflect all of these enormous cyclone/whirlpools.

To bad he isn't psychic. Then he might have a chance of controling the attacks' path.
    Have an old pokemon cartridge laying around collecting dust?

Join the Pokemon RBY Speedrun
    or
    GSC Speed Completion Challenge

How fast can you beat the game?

If your game can't save anymore, replace it's battery!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

SSM: I hoped you'd be happy that we finally got a new chapter! Yay! Oh, and you're cheering for Gavin instead of Lisa? Cool!!!

Master Kirby: WOOHOO! New chapters at last! It's actually old chapters for me, we have another 10 chapters to go until the actual new ones come out. Yay! I dunno if quaggie will be able to deflect that cyclone, it looks like he'll just have to face it. Or will he? Find out next chapter!
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

Donator Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    (Donator)

Yayness, a "new" chappie! This is a new development, the 3-way battle. That'd be really tricky.
    It's nice that Lisa finally remembered what she started out to do. And i look forward to seeing who wins!
    Mew Master's Officially Approved #1 Fan

Read his fics, or I'll bash you with the Mallet of Ficcy Goodness.

Follower of ~DR the Art God, possessor of The Mechanical Pencil of Reality and The Book of Recorded Reality.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

MTR: Hi!!!! Yeah, finally something 'new' to read. I personally don't think I created the 3-way battle to it's full potential the first time around, so I will be editing a little bit!

I think it's good that Lisa remembered her original goal. After the Whirlpool Cup finishes, the plot really deepens and begins to get a bit more serious. Much of the first book is just getting to know Lisa, Gavin, etc, and building up to the real stuff!

Only 4 chapters til the end of the book!

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Alright!!! New chapters! ^_^ I really like this fic. But there's only four chapters left? It still seems like it's just starting to me. How many books are there? Can't wait to read more!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Aquababe727: Hey! Yeah, only four more chapters (17,18,19,20) but the new book will be posted in this topic straight away. As of yet, there are only and will only ewver be 2 books, but it depends how i feel at the end of the book.

So far, I am up to chapter 10 of book 2. The amount of chapters in that book will be between 15 and 20 (most likely 20!)

Oh, and the story really is JUST starting. Chapter 18 is really like the start. The first 17 are to build up, drop hints, etc etc!

Thanks! Cheers!

- Gavin.

Lisa the Legend

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Yay Gavin and Lisa! It would be sacrilegous not to cheer them both! And nice idea on Psyspin! Sounds pretty cool. But it won't be if it messes up Quagsire. Poor guy. All the crazy crap ahs to always happen to him! Cheers, Gavin! PS. Which state do you live in? I get the impression you're on the east coast, but all three of those states are pretty different. I know Ozzy's a Queenslander and that Misty is a Sydneysider, but I didn't know about you.

PS. I hope you're not a Collingwood fan. BECAUSE I HOPE BRISBANE ABSOLUTELY MURDER THEM IN THE GRAND FINAL! Damn them for denying Adelaide the chance to play in another grand final! Damn them for making Port Adelaide play Brisbane! Damn that overexposed knobhead Eddie McGuire!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

CCC: Hey!! Yes, we must cheer them both on, it's the only fair thing to do. Unless you'd prefer one of them to win. I didn't ... the result of the battle was a tough one for me to make!

Quagsire gets better soon!

I'm from Western Australia, actually, and for some reason I always think you are from South Australia but maybe not. Although if you were from Victoria I would know a person from each eastern state (Mist, Oz).

Funny you should mention the footy. I AM actually a Collingwood fan. Lol - almost everyone i know wants them to lose!! But it's their first grand final in 12 years, i think they deserve to win!!

Cheers!

Finally, the conclusion to The Whirlpool Cup. I hope you all appreciate the winner, and understand why they won. After this chapter ... the real story begins!

Cheers!

-------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 17 - Whirlpool Champion - Part II.

The water/psychic mass of energy spiralled wildly across the pool, it’s diameter booming, it’s volume increasing with each metre it forced along. Quagsire, originally not sighting the cyclone, had now turned to view it in all its spinning glory.

And he panicked.

Quagsire’s first thought was to dive under the cyclone and swim underneath. Obviously, the pokemon had some common sense, and he quickly abandoned his original instinctive strategy, instead opting to swim to the side. This soon proved impossible – the waterspout had such width now that it took up almost the entire diameter of the pool – threatening to break through the sides with its amassed psychic and water powers. Quagsire found himself in a blackening shadow seconds before the tornado crashed onto him, picking him up and throwing him mercilessly. The strange pokemon was flung around while Lisa buried her head in her hands, until a sudden blast of mauve light from the other side reduced the attack instantly to a tiny whirlpool, which eventually spun itself out. Lisa pried her hands away.

Over the other side of the pool, Gavin was looking proud, winking at Lisa, while Marina slowly looked out of her hands and gave a sigh of relief. But Quagsire was brutally injured – knocked out. Eyes crossed, the celeste pokemon drifted in the wake of the blast. Lisa put two and two together – Staryu has Psychiced the waterspout to neutralise the psybeam and end the water attack, which on it’s own would have disappeared after a few seconds – knocking Quagsire out in the process.

Lisa nodded a quick sarcastic ‘thanks’ to Gavin, and regretfully returned Quagsire, who was definitely not going to come to. She pulled out the new pokeball, and swiftly released Dratini, her final hope to win the Cup. She glimpsed up at the crowd, trying to find Jack again in case he was biting his nails again – that always made her laugh. But Marina and Gavin promptly began again and Lisa had to turn her attention back to the battle.

“ Golduck – set up a Safeguard against both of them!” Marina called.

“ Staryu – try Water Gun on Golduck! Wait for Lisa to call her move before attacking!” Gavin ordered. And then a brilliant scheme popped into his head, something he had never tried and had never really thought of much. However, it was worth a try, so quickly he balled his sweaty palms into fists and punched his head twice. Marina looked at him as though he had just sprouted wings and turned into a Pidgeot, but Lisa gave him a sidewards glance, cautious of his actions. What game was he playing at? Gavin took control of the slight pain immediately, and thought at Staryu – telepathy. Staryu, disregard what I told you to do! Pretend to aim for Golduck, then make a quick Ice Beam at Dratini!

Staryu turned to face its trainer in confusion, but Gavin made a subtle nod to it. Staryu cried out “ hyaah!” and waited for Lisa to order her move. “ Dratini – Thunderbolt – both of ‘em!” Dratini squeaked back at Lisa in a tone of confidence that only Lisa could understand. And then the round went into play.

Golduck waved its clumsy hands in an oval around him, and instantly a bright golden aura appeared in its wake. Tiny golden stars were spinning around the duck, keeping him protected from such things as Paralysis and confusion – both of which were possible with Dratini and Staryu out. At the same time over the other side, facing the Golduck, Dratini quickly set to work. His normally curvy, serpent-like body became erect, and small azure light began wavering between his ears. Staryu looked at Gavin, and he again gave a subtle flick of his head, which signified the beginning of the attack on Dratini. Evidently, Gavin thought it best to remove one opponent from the fight as quickly as possible – regretfully Lisa was the one to be eliminated.

“ Ti!!!” Dratini fired off the electric-blue light which was his greatest thunderbolt. The light cut silently through the air until it reached the middle of the pool in midair, where it forked and sent two branches at Staryu and Golduck. Golduck shrieked at contact, and his body went into horrible convulsions. Staryu took the attack a little better – it didn’t go into fits anyhow. But in a brief moment, Staryu broke through the pain and Gavin cried “ Now!” Lisa whipped her head around to see the effects of the Water Gun on Golduck, but suddenly a blast of crystalline whiteness with a tinge of cerulean whizzed in front of her, her hair blowing into her face from the wind picked up by the blast. She glanced quickly to where the beam had been headed, and found a dazed Dratini, almost KO’ed by the surprise attack.

Anger welling up inside, she flicked her gaze to Gavin, who had a mixed expression of regretfulness and triumph. Lisa felt rage inside, spiralling up her body and eventually into her mouth like a long, snaky Gyarados, promising destruction wherever it travelled. Lisa herself felt like a Gyarados. Seething inwardly, she yelled out “ Dratini – Ice Beam back!” opting for the most powerful attack they had really tried to build up, all those days ago after Gavin’s first fight at the Qualifying Finals.

“ Staryu, counter with Bubblebeam.” Gavin ordered, at once.

Marina watched on, with her nose screwed up at the sight of the angry friends. Golduck mirrored its trainer, wondering if it should interfere or just sit back and spectate at a safe distance. After some silent musing, it crept up onto the platform that its trainer was on, and decided to stay back.

Its choice was safest, and may have, in effect, decided the entire battle result.

The commentator was rattling off the attacks so fast that Lisa promptly tuned out. No point trying to listen, she just had to watch. It was like an ordinary two-on-two battle, with Marina and Golduck not attacking. Dratini and Staryu continually exchanged attacks, often the blows doing virtually nothing, since they were both becoming so aggressive that they became extremely inaccurate. Finally, Lisa was fed up with the petty exchanges of beams, and called for something more powerful, of which she hoped Dratini would manage.

“ Hyper Beam.”

Gavin shook slightly at the words, but smirked to himself, saying at once to Staryu “ Thunderbeam”. Staryu spun wildly, and began converting all it’s energy to electricity. Gavin had been biding his time since that night on the beach, when he had taught Staryu the fatal attack. Although likely to damage both pokemon, Thunderbeam was Gavin’s secret weapon against all the water pokemon in the tournament, but he had yet to use it. Things were rough, though, especially with a Hyper Beam.

Finally, Dratini, who had been progressively building up light within its mouth, formed it into a dense globe of energy. Lisa thought the time was ripe, and made her move. “ Now!” Both trainers called out at exactly the same time, and two beams, one intensely white and one a bright, flavescent hue, shot out, this time deadly accurate, each one whistling through the air and slicing through the heavy atmosphere, cutting the tension. As the beams reached the centrepoint of the pool, at the same moment, Lisa picked up an error, just a little too late.

They were too accurate.

Two jets of light collided at once, each one still streaming from it’s source. Lisa thought she saw a red spark, but moments later all thoughts were wiped from her mind, as an explosion thundered around the stadium. Lisa was deafened, unable to hear girls in the crowd scream, men and boys swear, and parents clap their hands over the children’s eyes. Lisa would have done the same, except she saw something that stopped her in her tracks. A mushroom cloud of thick smoke was billowing from the epicentre of the attacks, covering both Dratini and Staryu. It took Lisa a moment to realise that the smoke was tinged with scarlet – tiny sparks were drifting in the wake of the explosion, showering down over the pokemon. Dratini gave a shrill cry which pierced the cloudy air, now enveloping both pokemon. Just before Dratini was swallowed up, Lisa saw it writhing around in pain from the sparks, and stop moving abruptly.

She gasped, and felt the cloud expand over her. But there were no longer bright red sparks raining down, instead a fine blue dust lingered, as the cloud cleared away gradually. The blue dust landed on her with a tingly sensation, which made her feel suddenly fresh and cool. Lisa let a smile break out over her face, despite the recent happenings. The crowd was opening their eyes now, as the cloud cleared completely and the fine blue dust rained down, although now more sparsely. And she noticed each one of their mouths curve upwards, in a peaceful smile.

Across the other side, Marina was grinning too, and Gavin was smiling half-sheepishly. But Lisa shook the feeling off and set her mouth in a straight line. Time to see the devastation.

Dratini was lying lifelessly in the pool, which was rippling slightly, affected only slightly by the mid-air explosion. Staryu was lying face-down, mimicking Dratini. Gavin and Lisa were equally devastated, though for different reasons. Gavin’s only real fighter was down – that meant Lanturn was his only hope, if it could be called a hope. Lanturn was, without a shadow of a doubt, more of a hindrance than help. But Lisa was goggling at the sight, and, although she had confirmed with herself that it no longer mattered whether she won or not, it was still a shock to the system.

Stunned and reluctant, Lisa pulled out the empty pokeball pertaining to Dratini and sent out a crimson beam to recover him back, safely. Gavin did the same, and the pool was instantly back to it’s usual empty self. Lisa clipped the pokeball sadly back onto her belt, salty tears springing to her eyes – she hated losing, although had tried to overcome her problem. But when she looked back up she winked at Gavin and Marina and began walking to the front row, where a team of journalists and TV reporters sat at a wooden row of desks, taking notes and filming the action. Lisa then took a shiny, almost unused pokeball and released the pokemon inside it. A purple monkey leapt out and landed on her shoulder, grinning brightly and clinging on as Lisa arrived at the foot of the commentary tower, and opened the glass door to go inside. Once the door shut behind her, all the noise was blocked out from the outside, and Lisa sat miserably on the first step in the flight of blue-carpeted stairs.

“ We lost, Aipom.” Lisa broke the news abruptly, but Aipom just patted her back with it’s odd tail and comforted her. Lisa sat for awhile, for once glad to be alone with her thoughts and her first Pokemon.

Back at the battlefield, Gavin felt like he had lost the match, too. He slowly, with a sweaty, trembling hand, reached down to his belt and pulled off his final, uncertain hope. He enlarged the pokeball slowly, and suddenly, spurred on by the cheering crowd, zapped it open, revealing the half-green, half-yellow Lanturn. The crowd oooh-ed, and even Marina looked over inquisitively. But Gavin cringed slightly at his own daring. He was going to be fried, he knew it.

“ Golduck, use Safeguard again.” Marina called, speaking for the first time since Gavin’s order for Thunderbeam, which now seemed eons ago. She had noticed Golduck’s defensive aura was losing it’s shine, and looking rather worn out, so she decided to replenish it. Gavin thought now was as good a time as any to let her win, so he called out “ Thundershock.” In a timid voice.

Lanturn flapped angrily in the water, and frowned at Gavin in a way only a Lanturn could. The boy cringed, and ducked his head to ready himself for the attack. Shutting his eyes, he heard Lanturn cry out, and electricity spark through the air. He cried out, and waited for the electricity to come. He suddenly heard a thump, and looked up, confused. Golduck had toppled over on the platform, next to Marina. Unconscious.

Gavin felt like he was in a dream. No way – why now? How? Why?

Lanturn had obeyed.

It was as though the last few weeks since Gavin actually caught the little guy had never happened. The merciless shocks and attacks – gone suddenly, taken from Gavin’s memory. Lanturn had obeyed – obeyed! The electric fish had a grin spread wide across it’s face, exultantly. Gavin gaped, and wondered what could have possibly made Lanturn obey since last time, when he shocked Gavin so hard that…

“ Oh.” Gavin muttered, recalling that he had psychiced Lanturn away and knocked it out himself. Apparently Lanturn had been impressed with this. He was going to use this to his advantage. He still had a chance!

Marina had recalled Golduck, and was preparing her final pokemon. Gavin felt adrenaline rush through his body. This was the final new pokemon to be sent out this Season. He had to win, Lanturn was on his side now, he HAD to win.

“ Go Tentacraw!”

A pokeball zapped out in mid-air and a grey pokemon appeared at once, landing in the water with a tremendous splash. Gavin’s first impression was that he had never seen anything so ugly. His second impression was that he had no idea what that thing was, so he did the smart thing and quickly tuned into the commentator’s speech. “…wisely sends out the Tentacruel evolution, Tentacraw, who has properties of not only water but Ghost and…” Gavin tuned out; A Ghost type – hard to injur, but he still had a chance. Electricity would still be of use, possibly water too.

Gavin looked the creature over. It looked semi-transparent, but that was only it’s outer layer of body. It’s inner layer was a pale blue, but the ghostly grey cover obscured this almost totally. The thing had two large, jelly-like eyes, both as wide as saucers. However – Gavin was surprised to see this – the thing had only two grey tentacles, many less than it’s unevolved form. Easy work for Lanturn, only a bit of evasive skills needed here.

“ Tentacraw – Wrap, then Acid.”
    “ Lanturn – use Agility to dodge the tentacles and then thunderbolt it!”

Lanturn immediately began swimming faster to evade the incoming tentacles from Tentacraw, who towered above it six feet out of the water, it’s ghostly outline flickering every so often, like some form of hologram. The Tentacraw was large and strong, but Lanturn had the speed. Gavin watched gleefully as the fish swam straight past the larger opponent. What a stroke of luck that it was now obeying. Gavin turned back to the jellyfish, and noticed even more gleefully that Tentacraw had tangled it’s two tentacles in a knot. Even more luck.

Panting after the long, painful swim, Lanturn glowed bright yellow and shot out a beam of electricity which contacted it’s adversary and shocked it, making it shake. Lanturn looked like the victor, and Tentacraw seemed to have forgotten it’s orders. Just as Lanturn was beginning to gloat, two more tentacles shot out of the jellyfish’s side and struck it, first slapping it cruelly and then tying it up! Gavin noticed that the tentacles were almost transparent, and they were flickery and ghostly – as though something made up from nowhere. Gavin suddenly guessed, correctly, that the creature could make up tentacles whenever it wanted – that was part of it’s ghost element coming through. No wonder it only had two to begin with.

“ Lanturn, try to struggle free!” yelled Gavin, while trying to think of the next move.

Marina grinned. She now had the advantage. “ Get a good grip, Tentacraw!”

More and more tentacles shot out, until fourteen of them snaked out, entwined around the tiny Lanturn, and eventually lifting it up. Now the Green Lanturn was unable to move. Tentacraw spat out a venomous-looking acid from it’s mouth, which globbed onto Lanturn’s back and seemed to put it in great pain. It squealed, and Gavin, although having been put into pain many time by the thing before, suddenly felt sympathy. He had a sudden urge to end it’s pain and pulled out the pokeball without thinking.

“ Stop!” he muttered to himself. “ There’s still hope – I just gotta figure out a way to beat it. I know it’s water and that means it can use Ice attacks – no, that won’t help. It’s a ghost and apparently also poison type like it’s pre-evolutions, but I don’t think anything there will help me. So – I guess I’m just gonna have to try something really stupid and really risky.”

It was very risky. “ Lanturn – shock yourself!”

Lanturn shook it’s head absently in the pain, but came to his senses. He was obeying his master now – and he was in pain anyway. Not much more could go wrong anyway. The green/yellow thing powered up, and thundershocked, sending mega voltage though his body, coursing all around …

… through the tentacles, as Gavin predicted. They travelled down and shocked Tentacraw violently. Suddenly, twelve tentacles evaporated, as though they had never been there. The other two dropped limply, and hung by Tentacraw’s side as Lanturn dropped back into the water. Instantly, the acid washed off and Lanturn was back where it belonged – in the water.

Marina was taken aback by the technique, but suddenly her eyes glinted with delight. “ Tentacraw – Shadow Ball.”

Gavin shook with fear – Lanturn probably couldn’t counter this, but he had to try. What could block a Shadow Ball? He realised very suddenly - “ Water Barrier!”

Both strong attacks went into action. Tentacraw’s eyes turned pure black, and shot out black energy, which netted itself into a sphere about two feet in diameter and shot at Lanturn. Lanturn’s attack worked also, and water rose out in a huge, protective wall between Lanturn and Tentacraw. The Wave fell suddenly, but straight away a new one washed in to take it’s place, and this happened repeatedly. Gavin grinned – Lanturn was well trained after all. He might just win this thing yet…

“ Good logic, but Tentacraw is really strong!” yelled Marina to Gavin. “ Sorry, Gavin; Tentacraw, summon all your ghost energy and force the Shadow Ball into the wave!!”

“ We’ll just see!”

Suddenly, the black ball hit the tidal wave, slamming into it with great force. Gavin smiled, despite Marina’s threat – this was it – now Lanturn could force the waves onto Tentacraw. But things suddenly went awry. The ball blasted directly through the heavy wall of water, and contacted almost instantaneously with Lanturn, knocking the viridian and yellow pokemon through the water, a deep furrow left behind until the water reclaimed the space. Gavin caught a glimpse of Lanturn’s eyes – crosseyed.

KNOCKED OUT.

Gavin felt his stomach turn to ice.

Lanturn was out.

He had lost.

Failed.

The crowd erupted in a roar, and Gavin hung his head reproachfully. Marina cried out in joy, and leapt into the water, swimming with Tentacraw. Lisa, still on the footstep of the carpeted stairs with Aipom, saw, rather than heard, the events, and stood up, a determined look on her face. Time to face facts, and discover the verdict. Who was the Whirlpool Champion?

She opened the door and heard a blast of sound coming from outside. She saw Gavin recalling Lanturn, and walking around the pool to shake hands with Marina. Marina was splashing around joyfully, laughing in the cool water with her Tentacraw as the referee threw her a huge, golden trophy with engraved letters. Marina read it, and laughed again. Lisa squared her shoulders, tried to look happy for her opponent, and went to do the right thing. Approaching the edge of the pool, she called;

“ Congratulations, Marina!”
    Last edited by Gavin Luper; 1st August 2007 at 12:38 PM.

Lisa the Legend

BAH HUMBUG!

Darn it, you mayed it good, then bad! HOW COULD YOU! GAVIN SHOULD HAVE WON!!!!!

Grrrr.

Evil Luper, you shall pay!

*shadow ball forms in right hand*

People and Pokémon alike be very afraid. I am unstoppable & unbeatable. I laugh in the face of danger, eat when I'm hungry, and belch in your face. Bow before me or face my wrath, for I am SuperSonicMewtwo, Master of all Pokémon and those who are annoying!

That was Good and Bad. It was good that now Lisa and Gavin are equal, so they won't feel bad about the other one winning. It was Bad that niether of them won.

At least now Gavin knows that Lanturn will obey him. If Staryu hadn't been knocked out, than Gavin wouldn't have found this out.

Tentacraw! That was interesting. There should be more triple type pokemon( tentacraw was Water/Poison/Ghost). Lisa should catch a Steel/Psychic type or a Dragon/Scizor (adding the Dragon type to a Scizor would take the Fire weekness from 4x to 2x)!

or

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

SSM: Uh oh! Lol, don't get too angry, I wanted Gavin to win, too. But you've got to see the logical side - it's more likely, and fitting, that a water-type pokemon trainer would win the Tournament. Lisa and Gavin's defeat shows not only that they have a way to go, but it helps set them back to their real journey!

Master Kirby: Good and bad? Ah well. Read what I said to SSM above to see why Gavin and Lisa both lost. I think it's good that they are equal.

Yes, if Staryu had remained alive and kicking, Gavin would never have realised that Lanturn could obey him!

I hope you liked Tentacraw. From now on, a few new pokemon are introduced into the story, so I hope you like them. Remember the autumn/fall Fanfic awards will be coming soon (next month I think ...).

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Both of them are out?! Aw!!!!

Well, don't sweat it about Collingwood. I'm more vengeful when it comes to North Melbourne, Carlton, Western Bulldogs and Essendon. They're my grudge sides. Our state is still reeling from the fact your side beat both our sides, so we're a little miffed. And we think that Cloke deserved to miss the grand final, considering he mashed Tyson Edwards's nose!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Ryan: Lol! Both of the people you were going for lost the championship, eh? Gavin and Lisa. And I spose it's just too familiar with Adelaide and Port ...

OK OK, I'll stop rubbing it in. Anyway, thanks for reading.

I don't mind North Melbourne, Western Bulldogs I don't really like, but I hate Essendon and Carlton! Carlton naturally, but Essendon are the most arrogant team ever, so stuck up!

LOL. I had no control over that nose incident!!

Lisa the Legend

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Hello old chap

Hello old, chap, how's your monacle today? Still clean I hope! And your cane and top hat?

Oh well, good to see this is progressing along again! I still find it funny that Gavin and Lisa fought eachother and let Marina get away with winning! Why didn't they make a deal beforehand to take down that lady and then eachother?

And Staryu seems to be Gavin's most Powereful doesn't it! Will we see more natu and Giraffe?

Oh well, keep going and talk to you later!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hello, Andrew old chap! Care for a round of cucumber sandwiches?

Why didn't you tell me about that idea of Gavin and Lisa making a pact? It would've been perfect for building their rela - er - friendship. LOL. They should have killed her off first I suppose, but what the heck. What's done is done.

Yeah, the truth is that Staryu is the strongest at this point in time. But i will be building on Natu and Girafarig (you know about Girafarig, you've seen chapter 9 ...)

Hope to speak some time today, ok? Cheerio old chap!

Lisa the Legend

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Re: Lisa the Legend - Chapter 52 up!!

I've decided to edit Chapter 18 today and post it a little earlier than planned. Since I'm on holidays now, I'll be online a lot more, and by the end of this holidays ... *dum dum dum* I should be able to finish posting the book!!

HOORAY!

And then, the real stuff begins ...

Just gotta edit some stuff. Expect the chapter up in a minute!

Here it is ... this chapter had to be broken into two parts because it was too long, sorry for the inconvenience!

Cheers!
    -------------------------------------

Chapter 18 - Legendaries.

“Leeeeesa!” squealed Aipom, swinging from the jarrah rafters in the high ceiling. “ Leeesa!”

“Ssh!” Gavin muttered, emerging from his couch, with a backpack on his back and all four full pokeballs on his belt. He held in his hand a tiny silver medal and a fast ball – runner up prizes from the Whirlpool Cup the previous day. He still felt sore from losing when the cup was within his grasp: he felt like just being alone for now. He was going to go to the mysterious caves in the island nearby for the day – maybe try to catch a new pokemon. That would give him something to be happy about.

Gavin sat at the murky-mustard bench, and pulled out a notebook from his pocket, only slightly crumpled. He quickly wrote a note to Lisa in his untidy scrawl, and folded it, placing it on the fridge-top, where Lisa was sure to go first. Whispering to Aipom to be quiet, he opened the door, which creaked very slightly, and shut it, with a much louder squeak.

Gavin plunged his notebook into his backpack, and slipped it onto his back, turning to face the beach before him. Stumbling in the beach sand and making slow progress, he approached the wet sand, on which waves were calmly lapping up against the shell which littered the otherwise plain beach. Gavin felt his sneakers sink in the muddy earth, and so decided to idle no more. “Staryu, c’mon!”

Staryu popped quietly out of it’s captivating home, the pokeball. It’s protrusive limbs stuck firmly in the sand at the floor of the shallow water where it had landed. Gavin admired the entire day – a typical summer’s day, and a perfect Friday. The steady breeze carried a hint of adventure for Gavin, he sniffed it eagerly, and grinned, hopping aboard Staryu’s right arm and pointing out directly east.

“Head that way.” He told his pokemon. “It’s not gonna be very far.”

“Quag!” Quagsire cried, firing a hyper-triple-mega-ice beam at Marina’s golduck. It was shot down in one go, and fainted. Marina fell down and began to cry, and Lisa joyfully recalled Quagsire after a high five. A Golden Trophy and Staff appeared in her arms. Then Aipom came up, and did a little dance on her shoulder, which made Marina bawl even more. But then Aipom began gnawing…

Lisa’s eyes fluttered open, and realised it had just been a dream. She grinned to herself – a good one, too, except for the end part, when Aipom bit her ear. Still, it was said that dreams were a distorted reflection of emotions, views and real life …

The girl felt a flash of pain in her ear.

“Aipom!” she squealed, pulling the cheeky monkey off her ear and sitting bolt upright. She rubbed her eyes and yawned uncontrollably for a few seconds. Friday the 15th … about a month until she returned home. Lisa rolled over, wondering why her lower back pained her so much until she actually pulled the bedsheets off to reveal a belt of six pokeballs, one empty, five filled, still on. She forgot to take them off, even after that party last night at the Entertainment centre, where she had been given a Friend Ball, and a tiny copper medallion, which hung now from her neck, along with her pokegear.

She opened the door, and saw an empty hut. Aipom leapt onto the TV, and then jumped up to the rafters in the roof. Lisa glanced around - there was no Gavin, lying like a deadweight on the sofa as usual. Lisa groaned, wondering only slightly where he had gone, and entered the cramped kitchen, the splinters collecting on her thick socks. She opened the fridge while Aipom carelessly destroyed the table next to the sofa as he dropped down – and Lisa couldn’t have cared less – it was their final day in the shack, and frankly, she had had enough anyway.

Pouring milk into a china bowl of Coco’s Crunch, she screwed the cap back on, sighing to herself as she gradually awoke, and returned to the fridge. This time, however, she noticed a tiny sheet of paper folded carefully atop the fridge. Replacing the milk, she picked up the note, sat down at the barstool at the bench and read. It was unmistakeably a note from Gavin.

[I]Dear Lisa,
    Hopefully you find this straight away before you get worried or anything. I’m going to do some training on a nearby island – Silver-Rock – all day probably, so don’t worry. I’ll be back at about 4, so just wait for me, OK? Thanks, I’ll seeya later, hopefully with a new Pokemon. – Gavin.[I]

Short and sweet, Lisa noted, taking a few spoonfuls of Coco’s crunch at once and cramming them into her mouth. She felt really relaxed after last night, as though all the tension between her and Gavin had been dissolved by the battle. In a way, she felt relieved that Gavin finished her off first, so they didn’t have to fight each other, one-on-one, which might have been dangerous. However, she was a little peeved at him for the sneak attack in the fight – she had felt really angry about that, although tried to hide it. She sighed … “Just as I was getting to li…”

She broke off from talking to herself, as Aipom crashed a lamp beside the TV, and she sternly warned him. “ Aipom, that’s enough. We have to leave this place intact!”

After Aipom had solemnly promised to behave, Lisa turned back to her cereal while the purple monkey began gnawing on the sofa edge. Lisa felt slightly empty after the match – it felt like her whole life had been building up to the Whirlpool Cup Final Battle, and now that it was all over, she felt undirected in her pokemon quest. Sure, she had been going to find out about Suicune and the other legendaries, but now the task seemed tougher than ever. Where was she meant to start? Back in October she had been to the Radio Tower’s library – there was no hope of returning, in light of the destruction.

She sighed. Legendary pokemon hunting WAS hard work, after all. It wasn’t as if opportunities came knocking on the door, or appearing on the road to various places, or ringing on the phone …

On cue, Lisa’s pokegear phone purred loudly, and she jolted around, shocked at how coincidental it was. As she washed the now empty bowl of Coco’s crunch, she pressed the side button and said “ Hello?”

“Good Morning … am I speaking to Lisa Walters, of Ecruteak City?” a man’s voice said.

Lisa was startled. “Yes … you are … do I know you?”

“Most likely, no.” the man replied.

Lisa’s jaw dropped. “OH MY GOD, you’re a STALKER!”

“No no!” insisted the voice on the other end. “ I am most certainly not. I am Professor Westwood the fifth, and I am seeking your help. I was attending to my Pokedex files a day or two ago and realised some files are incomplete – files you may know of.”

The girl felt still suspicious, but was positive she had heard the name of the professor before, so continued. “What kind of help?”

“ Information on the legendary Black Beast - please can you help me?”

“ I don’t know…” stuttered Lisa, recalling the Black Beast suddenly. “ I can’t really remember much…”

“ Of course you can.” Westwood cried. “ Please, come to visit me at my holiday lab.”

Lisa stayed silent for a moment, and the Professor interpreted this correctly. “ I assure you, I am no stalker. Bring a team of Officer Jennies with you if you like …”

Lisa thought for a moment, and then nodded. She suddenly realised he couldn’t see her, and so she agreed. “ OK, tell me the address.”

After a few more minutes of conversation, Lisa hung up, and quickly wrote a note to Gavin in her neat printing, in case he returned before she. The note basically said that if he came home first, to quickly tidy up, and meet Lisa at Westwood’s mansion. Lisa quickly placed it on the TV top, where Gavin was sure to see it first, as there was no remote. Then she called Aipom, hoisted her backpack on, and left.

Mud stuck to Gavin’s shoes as he trudged up the short beach to the caves which covered almost the entire landscape of silver rock island. Gavin thought it was spectacular – an uninhabited Island which was littered with caves and crumbly brown rocks. However, all the caves were made from a much more solid looking, silvery rock, which looked fake at first, but was actually very real.

Gavin recalled Staryu, and set out, Fast Ball in hand, ready to be used at a moment’s notice. He had actually landed a little off course – possibly 200 metres, actually. This side of the island was obscured from view from the direction in which he had approached, but a quick gust of wind had driven him away, and off course.

Gavin shrugged – he was here now anyway, so he would make the most of his visit. It was already 10am, and the sun was becoming progressively stronger, or so it seemed, heating the island. Gavin began walking to a cave to his left, but found that this trail was too rocky, so he about faced and travelled for about five minutes before he came to a glittery silver cave, which didn’t face directly onto the beach, and it’s entrance was very narrow – unlikely to fit anybody much larger than Gavin himself. He gave a furtive glance around, before pushing himself through the cleft.

Inside, the cave was almost pitch black; light from outside barely penetrated the darkness. Distantly, what sounded like a voice was echoing in short bursts. Gavin pulled his backpack off, and dumped it on the ground. After a moment’s fishing around, he produced his torch, and flicked it on (just in case Lanturn had turned back to disobedience after it’s defeat the previous day, and in case it refused to use Flash technique). The beam pierced the blackness better than the sliver of light coming from outside, and, scanning the walls, Gavin soon found an opening to an adjacent chamber – very low, but quite wide. He slipped his pack back on and continued on into the chamber.

The mansion sat atop the cliff on the northernmost point of Red Rock Island. Marble pillars outlined the surroundings of the wide, glass-made structure, hoisting up long, shaded terraces bordered with new palms and lush green lawns.

Lisa rapped loudly on the door, and heard a scuttling sound inside. Aipom began to get excited, and started swinging off the door handle. Lisa yanked him off immediately, just as the door swung open.

“ Lisa Walters? Please come in!”

In was definitely the same man from the phone – Lisa recognised the voice – but he looked so … odd! Professor Westwood was a squat, balding man in a white lab coat. His buttons, Lisa noticed at first glance, looked ready to explode any second. The man had large, pale-blue, watery eyes and walked so strangely Lisa really considered it waddling.

“ I heard about you on the news a long time ago. I met your brother Thomas by chance last week, and he explained you were on the island.” He paused, and Lisa looked up – things were being explained. Although Gavin had told her Tom was on the island, he had been urgently called back to Ecruteak, and Lisa had failed to meet him.

“ In case you didn’t know, my lifelong study is the Pokedex.” Westwood continued. “ I study every pokemon there is known to exist, and my workers and I create names, and study them to discover what moves they use, how skilled they are, and what they evolve into. One pokemon I know almost nothing about is the black Beast. I believe you can help me.”

“ O – Ok.” Lisa breathed.

“ Follow me.”

The inside of his hybrid mansion/lab was very tempting for Aipom. Through the entrance hall, protrusive, ugly ornaments or various materials were placed neatly on short columns of marble, mostly pewter statues of heads of very noble-looking men, or colourful, fragile-looking vases. Lisa held Aipom’s tail close to her chest, incase he got any ideas. Westwood led Lisa and Aipom through the mansion until they came to a spacious, airy conservatory. The sunroom was filled with exotic-looking plants and palms, which sat in heavy terracotta pots on the green tiles.

“ Sit.” Westwood ordered, as he placed himself in a deckchair under a palm. Lisa pulled one up, and sat next to him, although she was cautious to keep the chair a good foot or two away from the flustered man.

“ Oh, don’t worry about that.” Westwood muttered, gesturing at Aipom, struggling to wriggle free of Lisa’s grasp. “ Let him go – he can make friends with Slowbro is he wants.” Westwood gestured to a bright pink creature over in the corner of the sunroom, and Lisa reluctantly released Aipom’s tail.

“ So – you called me here about the black –”

“ Yes, about that…” Westwood began, taking a sip from a lemonade can which Lisa hadn’t seen sitting next to the deckchair. “ I need your help.”

Lisa almost laughed aloud. Help from her? She looked the man up and down … he was the creator of an entire documentation of every known pokemon … and he needed her help?

“ Well, I don’t know…” Lisa said carefully. “ I don’t really think I can help you.”

“ I assure you it’s not difficult at all.” Westwood said hastily.

“ What would I have to do if I accepted your request?” Lisa enquired, choosing her words carefully.

“ Fill in a pokedex entry on the Black Beast.”

“ An entire thing?!”

“ Only a description, picture and name –”

“ Stats, right? I suppose I make them up?”

Westwood stopped abruptly. “ Is there a problem with that?” he said harshly, in a voice not unlike a cruel teacher at school.

Lisa shook, and timidly answered. “ No … but …”

“ I’m kidding!” Westwood boomed, and Lisa quickly decided he had a problem after all – a mental one. But she smiled politely, and then went on to say: “ No, I don’t think I can make up the stats – speed and all that –”

“ We’ll take care of that.” Westwood interrupted. “ Hardly anybody has ever seen the Black Beast – it’s still yet to be identified with a real name – I’d like to give that honour to you, Lisa. Stats will be discarded for now.”

Lisa thought for a moment, before blurting out. “ Sure.”

Gavin ducked as he walked past a cavern wall with horizontal stalactites sticking out from the wall – a very odd sight to see, made from when movements in the earth’s crust and changing of the rocks over millions of years caused the stalactites to grow on an angle. He walked past and continued through the chamber, the fourth one now since leaving the light of the outside world. Gavin was on the brink of simply giving up – his only finds so far had been a Magikarp out of water.

Just as Gavin turned the corner, Natu fluttering ahead, there was a squeaking cry, and a Psyduck came waddling out from nowhere, approaching Gavin. He would have let it run on by, but it glared at him oddly, and with barely a second of consideration, water gunned the boy. Within moments it had stopped, but Gavin was soaking, caked in mud and lying on the ground.

“ What was THAT?!” he muttered. Natu, still drifting along the tunnel, turned back to see the Psyduck preparing another watergun, and it shot out a thin beam of lavender light in retaliation. The beam slammed into Psyduck’s head, and it suddenly raced down the tunnel, towards the direction of the entrance.

Gavin shrugged the odd experience off, but thanked Natu first. Then followed a very long period of dark nothingness.

“ That’s it.” Gavin told himself, as Natu fluttered along behind his left shoulder, and the torchbeam ahead barely showed any light. “ If there’s nothing in the next cavern, I’m turning back!”

Natu hooted in agreement, as it and Gavin reached the end of the chamber, and found the only thing that could annoy Gavin more – a fork in the tunnels.

Instinct and common sense told Gavin to turn back immediately, but a raspy, heaving breath from beyond the left tunnel entrance told him a creature – a big one at that – was somewhere through that tunnel. Gavin, torn between the possibility of a pokemon and his own safety, was about to turn back when Natu squealed and fluttered into the inky blackness of the tunnel. Gavin gave one deep sigh, and stepped into the tunnel, ducking his head along the way.

His torch was almost no use. It the chambers, it had glittered on the silvery rocks and reflected, making the entire chamber that little bit lighter, though still dull. But this tunnel was composed of ordinary rocks, not gleaming silver ones. Gavin sprinted down, his torch locating a rock wall at the end of the tunnel – a dead end, he would generally presume, but Natu had disappeared. Gavin trudged to the end, and felt the wall – solid, a complete barrier. However, as he turned back in confusion, he noticed there was a wide cleft to his left through which a little light shone out of. Curiously, he stepped through, ducking so low his back was hunched well over.

This cave was actually quite bright compared to the last, so Gavin promptly turned off his torch and squinted his eyes so he could see without being dazzled by the apparent resplendent beauty of the cave. Inside, the breathing sound was even heavier, and this cave was composed primarily of silver boulders – and the light came both from them and from a huge opening above. Gavin opened his eyes fully now, and saw Natu, squawking loudly on a row of well-placed boulders. Gavin shushed him, but Natu insisted, so he walked over to investigate, and was very glad he did.

Behind the row of boulders, an enormous white creature lay, breathing heavily with its indigo eyelids closed – undoubtedly asleep. Gavin rubbed his eyes as he took it the huge bulk, the white wings and body, and the indigo strips on it’s back – definitely a mythical Lugia.

Westwood and Lisa walked down an aisle of shelves piled high towards the roof – Westwood was searching for a fact file on the Black Beast – all the information that had been collected from the few times it had been seen. Lisa was having her doubts now, as Westwood handed her a thin file from a collection of much, much fatter ones.

“ This is it?” she groaned, taking out a couple of sheets of paper, and one or two photographs, which she noted were black-and-white.

“ Very good, considering the Black Beast has been only seen a few times,” Westwood said, his chest swelling proudly. Lisa nodded, but then a new worry came into her mind.

“ Excuse me, Professor, my friend and I were meant to leave our accommodation tonight, there’s some new occupants staying for a while …”

Westwood answered almost automatically. “ I have a guest room at the back. You’re welcome to stay here – your friend too.”

“ Why, thank you,” Lisa said, thinking that people were very hospitable, and wondering whether she should first consult Gavin or not. She nodded, taking the file, and said. “ OK, show me the guest room.”
    Last edited by Gavin Luper; 1st August 2007 at 12:39 PM.

Lisa the Legend

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Gavin breathed almost as heavily as the Lugia before him – he guessed it was a baby, for although it was much larger than Gavin himself, real Lugias, or the ones in movies anyway, were enormous, 6 metres in length.

Natu squawked again, and Gavin clapped his hand over it’s pointed beak, then yelped himself with pain as the bird drilled it’s beak into his palms, which were sweaty. He wiped them on his shorts, and then remembered he had a Fast Ball on him.

He breathed excitedly – it was common knowledge that a sleeping Pokemon was easily captured, and this opportunity was too hard to miss. However, if the mother came home while he was still in the vicinity, or if the baby woke up … maybe it wasn’t too safe at all.

However, as Gavin began to tiptoe away, Natu screeched and awakened the beast – with a soft roar Lugia took to the air. Gavin cringed, but now he had gotten himself into the situation, he had better finish it. Besides – a sudden thought shook him – his family legend of the Psychic Pokemon challenging Gavin himself to a fight might be true – the mother Lugia – was THAT the pokemon spoken of in the legend?

Gavin shook the thoughts from his head, and ordered a quick Night Shade from Natu. Before Lugia could attack in a rage from the rude awakening, Natu had psychically dulled the entire chamber, and a blast of what Gavin could only describe as shadow wavered across the cavern and hit the Lugia hard. It looked weak – although large, it was quite a young baby. Gavin pulled out the Fast Ball – he didn’t truthfully think he had a good chance, but he had learnt by his training to try all the time, so he promptly threw the ball. It zapped open on impact with Lugia, and sucked in all the darkness around in the cave, also turning Lugia into light transparency, gobbling it up into the Fast Ball, which clicked shut and hit the ground, wobbling.

Unexpectedly, it stilled.

Lisa bounced rapidly on her double bed, laughing as Aipom joined in. Quagsire and Elekid sat on Gavin’s bed, in the same room but at the opposite end, drinking lemonade from tall glasses with a lemon slice fitted onto the rim. Butterfree was outside stretching her wings, and Dratini was in the bath which was situated in the gold ensuite. Lisa’s Vulpix was socialising for the first time, darting around to meet each of Lisa’s pokemon. It took to Butterfree mainly, and Elekid seemed to make a good friend too.

The door opened noiselessly, and Professor Westwood entered, looking around at the pokemon before turning to Lisa.

“ I’m going out to the town to pick up some groceries,” he noted. “ I’ll be a few hours, so use your time well.” He glanced at the unopened file lying on Lisa’s bedside table, and Lisa abruptly stopped bouncing and looked guilty.

“ Yeah, I’ll try to work on that.” She muttered.

“ Good.” Westwood stated. “ My cook is in the kitchens if you need anything, and if your friend comes, the key is on the hook next to the statue of Charles Druos in the hall. Alright, bye.”

Lisa blinked.

Moments later, the heavy front oak door slammed, and it was within seconds that Lisa had the radio blaring and had called the cook for some shipments of potato chips. Elekid and Vulpix seemed to be enjoying the relaxing day more than the others, mainly because they had been caught during the course of the Whirlpool Cup and had been quite neglected, whereas Dratini and Quagsire were constantly used, and Butterfree had had a very big battle against Jack.

However, after a few minutes, Lisa felt a flash of guilt, and turned the radio down, finally reaching over to the dusty file given to her by Westwood and opened it.

Inside, the file contained a small collection of photographs, ranging greatly in age. The oldest, Lisa thought, was one which had yellowed greatly and frayed on the edges. The picture was of two girls – about Lisa’s age – standing in front of a bush. Behind them, Lisa could make out the black Beast prowling around in the shrubbery. Turning the photograph over, Lisa read the scrawly writing of Westwood; ‘1902 @ Lake of Rage. Earliest proven sighting of B.B.’

1902 … over a century ago. Lisa looked through the other two photos, which both showed the beast in some way, lurking around, or sprinting away. Then Lisa discovered a few sheets of notes from Westwood – or maybe his predecessor – noting that the beast was a type of beast similar to Suicune, Raikou and Entei.

The work Lisa had to do was cut out for her, although she would have to do a bit of investigating. She read through recounts from the people who had experienced the Black Beast, and analyses of the beast’s type – all of which seemed to point toward it being a Dark Type. However, Lisa had to find a suitable name, and from her memories of that day in the Radio Tower, determine it’s type and if possible, attacks.

She quickly settled down to work, scrawling down everything that might help, while the Pokemon bounced on the beds.

“ She’d better be here,” Gavin muttered to Natu, who was hopping excitedly on his shoulder, as he knocked loudly on the door. He had rushed back to the beach hut immediately after catching Lugia, only to discover Lisa wasn’t there, and she had left a note for him (incidentally, the place he went to first). So he had sprinted over to the landlord’s to return the key before finally coming to the mansion. So it wasn’t surprising that he snapped first at Lisa when she opened the door.

“ Bout time.” He quipped, and Lisa wondered what on earth he was talking about; she had rushed straight downstairs when she heard the knock on the door, and quickly found the key next to a statue of a very posh-looking man, Charles Druos. But Gavin didn’t stay irritated for long, within seconds he was hopping madly as Natu was. “ Leese, you’ll never guess what happened!”

Lisa shrugged. “ What?”

Gavin jumped excitedly and pulled out the Fast Ball containing Lugia. “ I caught a pokemon – a Lugia.”

Lisa blinked. “ Sure.”

“ Serious!!” Gavin cried. “ I have it in here for proof, although I probably shouldn’t open it here –” he glanced nervously at the statues, and then at Aipom who was attacking a vase. Lisa pried him off, before leading Gavin to the sunroom.

“ OK, show me,” she said, voice dripping with sarcasm.

Gavin put on a loud, deep voice very different compared to his own. “ I present … Lugia!”

The Fast Ball popped open, and in a swirl of light, a pokemon appeared. Aipom and the others, Slowbro included, gathered around, as the light subsided, and the pokemon, huge as it was, was almost visible. Suddenly, the light flared back up, and washed all over it again, and the pokemon’s glowing indefinable shape began to shrink, until it was so small it was dwarfed even by Aipom.

The light finally disappeared, and Aipom, Butterfree, Elekid, Slowbro, Dratini, Quagsire, Natu, Gavin and Lisa gathered around the tiny, pink blob on the floor, and Lisa burst into giggles, while Gavin’s mouth opened and closed constantly like a fish.

“ Nice to see you caught a Ditto,” Lisa chuckled, as Gavin stared wordlessly at the shrivelled lump on the tiled floor. Gavin slapped his head, and Lisa laughed more. She guessed easily what had happened – Gavin was trying to impress her. But then she realised the Ditto had first been large when the pokeball opened – maybe it HAD been a Lugia? Which meant it had recently seen one…?

“ C’mon Gavin, I’ll show you our bedroom.”

“ Oh, OUR bedroom, hey?” Gavin said in a different voice again.

“ It’s separate beds Gavin, get over yourself,” Lisa flicked him away, and mouthed to herself. ‘ Boys.’

The dinner that night was quite like a feast, and Lisa indulged in the Greek salad, and the macaroni medley made uniquely by the cook. Gavin told Westwood his Ditto/Lugia story, and the Professor seemed quite interested. However, he seemed much more interested in hearing of the Black Beast’s Pokedex entry development. Lisa admitted she had written out all the known sightings as Background Info, and had given an estimated height based on the photographs and her own experience. She had even tried to confirm a few attacks, and decided from looking at these that it was not only Dark type, but Psychic, too. But she had yet to conclude a name.

Professor Westwood, however, said he didn’t need the entry until the morning, and he was thoroughly pleased with Lisa’s efforts so far. Lisa went to bed that night oblivious to Gavin’s heavy, rapid breathing not too far away, but her mind seemed so clogged with other things that a name that was going to go down in history just didn’t seem to be an easy task.

In the morning, Lisa felt as though she had had no sleep whatsoever. But thankfully, she had concocted a name, which she wrote down on the fact file and handed to Professor Westwood at Breakfast.

“ Very good.” He mused. “ I’m impressed with he name – it flows, even if the structure IS a little unoriginal.”

“ What is it?” Gavin asked, curious.

Westwood told him. “ Lunanine.” He said. “ Lunanine is the Black Beast.”

“ It comes from Lunar Canine.” Lisa told Gavin. “ So, in effect its name is Moon Dog.”

After breakfast, Westwood announced that he was off to Silver Rock Island to search for a Lugia. If what Gavin had told him held true, the Lugia was recently in the area, and it wasn’t to be missed. Westwood invited Lisa, and she briefly thought it would be a great opportunity. But then she recalled her TRUE quest for Suicune, and politely declined.

“ At least take this.” Westwood said, fishing around in his pockets for something. He handed Lisa a small pair of clear, crystal bells. “ Take them. I think they’ll help you on your quest.”

“ Thanks … but how?” Lisa wondered aloud, taking the bells and putting them in her pack.

“ You’ll see.” Westwood grinned. “ Thanks again for the entry – It’ll be programmed into all pokedexes within days!”

“ Welcome! And thank you so very much for your hospitality!” Lisa called.

“ Yeah,” Gavin put in pointlessly.

“ G’bye!”

With that, the front door slammed, and Lisa and Gavin were left on the trail downhill, back into the town, and the ferry. “ So – back to the mainland.” Gavin noted. “ It seems like forever since we left. It was heaps of fun in the tropics, though.”

“ Yeah.” Lisa said, rubbing Aipom’s furry tail, which coiled kindly around her neck. “ But I can’t wait to get back.”

Lisa the Legend

That doesn't make sense; previous POkedex entries state that Ditto's turn into rocks while they sleep, not Lugia's.

Westwood! I remember him! I don't think he's THAT fat...

Well, Gavin got close. Why didn't he go with Westwood back to the island cave place? I would.

So close. Lugia. Gavin should have probably opened the Pokeball before he returned, to stare at his magnificent Pokemon, before realising it was a Ditto. Stupid Gavin. Luper, *snort*, what a weird name.

NEXT CHAPTER PLEASE!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Well, that was an interesting turn of events! Knew it couldn't have been a Lugia! And our dear Lisa is into the pages of history at last! Hopefully she makes even grander entries! Good stuff, Gavin!

PS. I'd like to be sympathetic with you about Collingwood losing the Grand Final, but you know I'd be lying. So therefore, I won't!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

SSM: hi there! I know Ditto is supposed to turn into a rock, but what the hell? It didn't say they ALWAYS do. Maybe that was just one stupid Ditto?

Westwood's podgy, but not huge. I think he's really just clumsy and that makes him seem big for some reason./ By the way, Gavin might have gone with Westwood, but he didn't. I wonder why ...

Yeah yeah, new chapter in a few days!

Ryan: Yeah, it should have been pretty obvious that it wasn't actually Lugia ... as if it could be caught so easily. Even if it was a little baby! We'll be hearing from Westwood again sometime, and Lisa will be put on the map of Pokemon pokedex studiers! Lol ... maybe. Thanks mate!

Oh, I'm over the Collingwood thing. But I still think we played VERY well, don't you? Lol.

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Yeah, they did play well. I'm more of a fan of free-flowing footy rather than dirty and pushy. But then again, North Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs play that style all the time, and I really don't like them! My main quibble with Collingwood is Eddie McGuire. He has helped that club a lot, but that doesn't disguise the fact that he's a wanker and he's an overexposed knobhead! Still, that beats being John Elloit, the redneck boofhead in charge of Carlton, but hopefully he'll be extinct soon!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Ryan: Eddie ... is er, OKish! I can't say he's that good. But I agree he's way too overexposed!!!!!

I like it when they start fights. It was really typical when the camera zoomed in on some pushing, and while we watched them pushing each other around, someone scored a goal. That was cool. But I usually prefer it to be nice and normal!

Chapter 19 up in a few days! Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

At least he isn't Sam Newman! Now there's a real wanker! He's actually better behaved drunk than sober! Have you seen how many times ladies flash him, morons do burnouts for him, the innuedo that follows him? *pukes*

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Jolly good old chap

Oh my Gavin old chap did you hear our close Friend Princess Margret is being taken to court over her Corgi's nipping on people's heels!

My goodness, what is happening to society these days... I remember when Corgis had bellies that scraped the ground and devoured as many people as they wanted, but those were the days.

But poor Gavin AWwwww... What a let-down for him. Vulpix seems Ok, but a tiny bit Hyper, doesn't it have any emotions against Lisa for catching it?

And will we see DJ Aipom? Floatie Kiddie Lisa? Or Shopkeeper Gavin? Only time will tell. My to post in 2 parts that means its very long!

Talk to you later. Good work!

Banned

Default I'm back... (kind of)

Hi guys (basically CCC, Gavin and OzAndrew... and all the others)

I'm using this fic just to signal that I finally got to install myself correctly enough in my new house to finally have the time to use the internet again to comme and say hello to you and of course read your fics... Being a full time teacher also means that I have less time to be here but I still did not forget you so by now I should poke my head from around a corner every once in a while...

Anyway time to go before someone warns me for spamming!

Good to see you still around here...!

X-Wing

P.S. Isn't it good to use that ol' nick again ??? 8)

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Ryan: LMAO! ... I don't really have anything more to say!

Andrew: LMAO again! I say, my readers are quite humerous peoples, are they not?

Damn, why do you always pick out things that I don't see? Vulpix needs to have emotions ... of course ... why did you have to point that out??? Ugh. Lol. And all that stuff you mentioned will/may come soon! Oh, and it was 5 100 words or something I think!

X-Wing: Hey!! Long time, no see! I was just wondering where you went the other day. Nice to see that you're "back". I suppose once we get back to the crossover you will be replying more regularly? I certainly hope so.

Cheers!!

Lisa the Legend

Banned

Interesting story!! A quest for legendaries!! When I was reading this, I was wondering when Eusine was going to show. Eusine is a Suicune expert. Hmmm ... that gives me idea to incorporate Rockets, Legendary Researchers and Legendaries.

Well, keep up the good job. Well, I say that to any fanfic author. It is what I do.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Tyranitar Master: I liekd the plot myself ... it's something a little different than what you might usually see.

LOL don't you dare make a fic of rockets, legendary researchers and legendaries! What do you think this is? Lol!

I hope you keep reading the future chapters! Seeya!!

Lisa the Legend

Banned

No, what I meant is to incorporate those three items into my fanfic "The Twin Terrors." By the way, what Rockets? Are they in the future chapters to come?

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Tyranitar Master: Yes, there are members of Team rocket still coming in this story! I just meant that if you had legendaries, rockets and legendary researchers in a fic it would be too similar to mine!

Cheers! Chapter 19 up soon!

Lisa the Legend

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Chapter 19 - Sacred Suicune.

Pidgeys shrieked in the tall oak trees which bordered the long, gravel road to Moo Moo Farm. Lisa and Gavin trailed wearily behind Aipom, who raced in front, squealing almost as often as the wild Pidgeys. The December morning was dawning bright and warm, and Lisa was sweltering in the rising heat of summer. Her bag weighed heavily on her bag and she reminded herself to buy a new one. Inside, something was jingling and clanging.

“ Are we there yet?” Gavin complained stupidly.

“ Does it look like it?” Lisa snapped, without turning to face him. The path had worn on for over two weeks now since Olivine and for the first time on her journey Lisa realised how lucky she had been to hitch a ride with Suicune on her first day. She had saved herself a LOT of time instead of walking endlessly.

As they arrived on the crest of a hill, Lisa heard some rustling in the bushes – not a common rustling that signified a weak wild pokemon, but a continuous rustling accompanied by a deep growl.

“ Oy, listen,” she muttered to Gavin, who stopped immediately. The growling grew still louder, until, in a flash of ultramarine, a creature bounded out from the bushes alongside the oaks. Lisa gaped, but her previous experiences with legendaries had taught her not to idle. Gavin gaped also, and Aipom halted in it’s tracks.

Suicune prowled menacingly on the path, teeth bared and saliva dripping continuously from it’s fangs. Lisa moved her hands to her belt and quickly sent out Dratini, who floated in awe for a moment before landing on the ground, more tense than usual. Suicune looked up at Lisa for the fourth time in it’s life, and the girl willed it to stay still, not to pelt away and escape like last time. And somehow, it worked, and Suicune accepted the challenge of the tiny Dragon, however, Lisa thought she noticed it’s eyes dart swiftly towards Gavin and linger on him for a moment, before turning back to the fight.

“ Ice Beam!” Lisa ordered at once. Gavin and Aipom both took a quick sidestep to avoid any inaccurate attacks. Dratini powered up, and fired an azure beam from it’s mouth directly at Suicune’s head – no orb of energy this time, just a beam. Suicune stood and bore the brunt of the beam, barely moving except to shake it’s head. But it inwardly gasped, although kept the same menacing look on it’s face. This girl … she had improved since last time … maybe improved a bit too much; that beam actually hurt a little …

“ Full Power Thunderbolt!” Lisa cried, and Suicune saw danger at once. While Ice Beam he was resistant against, a Thunderbolt could really hurt, especially since Lisa’s improvement. Taking a human or Dratini’s view. Lisa ceased fire at once.

“ Hang on Dratini,” she muttered sadly. “ He’s gone…”

Recalling Dratini, Lisa travelled over the hill and into a vast valley in subdued silence. Her flicker of hope had been extinguished immediately. Gavin, however, seemed to think it amazing how Suicune had simply endured the attack before calmly disappearing.

“ Seriously, Leese, that was hell cool. The way he just let you attack him … whoa! And he didn’t even strike back or anything. I wonder why he appeared anyway? I’ll have to tell Uncle Eusine that we’ve seen him twice since Goldenrod.”

For some reason, seeing Suicune again seemed to awaken Lisa from a sort of haze. The past few weeks since the ferry had landed them in Olivine and then they had trekked through the land had been fruitless attempts for legendary recognition – no pokemon had been seen except common ones which Lisa would rather give to Wes and Jean than catch for herself.

After about half an hour of silence, Lisa spotted something up ahead, gleaming in the sunlight. Gavin spoke first, however.

“ Look up there, Lisa, a lake!”

“ Is it a lake, though?”

“ Dunno … looks like it comes from the mountain … maybe a stream?”

“ River – it’s quite wide.”

“ OK – hey I don’t think there’s a bridge.”

“ Oh … we’ll just surf …”

“ Damn … I just got used to NOT swimming around everywhere.”

“ Grow up.”

However, as they came to the river, both were surprised. Aipom raced forwards, and as they arrived in a cluster at the water’s edge, they noticed a tiny hut a few hundred metres west, where a bridge arced over the water, which indeed was very wide. Lisa thought maybe it was just one long lake, until she remembered they had seen water gushing into it from up in the tall, purple-capped mountains. Gavin and Lisa followed Aipom to the hut, where Lisa was shocked suddenly by a familiar figure.

“ Lisa?” cried a girl’s voice from the door, as they approached.

“ Huh? Kris!” Lisa cried, shocked as she noticed her good friend Kristal Williams from way back in Goldenrod.

Gavin looked on as the two greeted and reunited before him. Kris looked a couple of years younger than himself – maybe she was 13 – and she had aqua hair separated into two parts. Her pokegear hung in a similar fashion to Lisa’s, like a necklace. Gavin soon gave up on waiting, and cried; “ OK, OK, Introduce us!”

Lisa laughed. “ Sorry ‘bout that. Kris, meet Gavin; Gavin, this is Kris.”

Kris held up a petite hand and waved in a way that Gavin thought only a girl would – she held her hand firm and twinkled her fingers along in a smooth ripple. Gavin nodded and muttered hello, as Lisa began chatting a top speed to her friend.

“ It’s been so long … a month anyway … where’s Hiro?”

“ He … left. I wanted to go to Olivine, he wanted to go to Mahogany, so we separated.”

“ Oh right. So have you spoken to him?”

“ We kinda left on bad terms,” Kris muttered, her mouth set in a grim line. “ I didn’t get his number.”

“ Oh,” Lisa said, quite subdued. “ So – how’s your pokemon? They’ve probably all changed by now.”

“ Great, I got a Jigglypuff just the other day.”

“ Great!”

“ And Ledyba evolved too.”

“ What about Chompy?”

“ Not yet – how about your pokemon? I see Aipom is fine.”

“ Oh yeah, he’s great, a little pesky, but fine I got some new ones too!”

While the girls chatted, they gradually walked from the hut towards the long, regal bridge. Gavin stared dejectedly after them as Lisa released Quagsire and Dratini into the river and Elekid and Vulpix to walk beside the river, and a Totodile emerged from one of Kris’ pokeballs. “ I’ll just wait here then?” he questioned, throwing down his backpack against the side of the wooden hut and sitting down on the overgrown grass which ran from the edge of the bushes to the glimmering cerulean water’s edge. One thing that struck Gavin most about the river was the clarity, and from this came the possibility of seeing wild pokemon without them being disturbed. Crawling closer to the water while Lisa and Kris admired each other’s pokemon, Gavin noticed that it wasn’t an average river. It was more like a canal of some form – the bank was an upper edging, which the water came almost level with. The edge of the canal beneath the water sloped immeasurably steeply down, Gavin guessed about four metres by the looks of certain distorted shapes of the sandy floor.

Apart from the occasional Krabby, the canal floor was littered with Totodiles of various shapes and sizes, all playing about underwater in their quiet world. Gavin watched them, his curiousity growing with each moment, as they chased, ran, hid, jumped, skipped and frolicked. The water magnified the sun’s light, it seemed, but not the heat, which would have made an ideal habitat.

Gavin checked for the girls, and found them bickering about a TV show while Quagsire, Dratini and Totodile looked on, either puzzled or amused expressions on their faces. Gavin stripped off his shirt, throwing it in the direction of his backpack and the hut, and slipped easily into the water, rippling it ever so slightly. The water was cool and soothing on his tired muscles, after walking fruitlessly until now. He took a deep breath, filling his lungs to bursting point, and ducked his head under the surface with a small splash.

His shorts clung to his legs, hindering him in his swim, but Gavin was too curious. The Totodile below seemed so – undisturbed, as if they were completely cut off from any form of civilisation.

Gavin reminded himself they probably WERE.

He dived down deeper, finding that the river was not only clear but quite calm, and serene. The Totodiles were much closer now, only a few metres away, to his right, and he was almost level with them, when a thought jolted him. What if the Totodile had never seen a human before? What if they swam away when he arrived, abandoning their home?

All these very fair thoughts raced through Gavin’s head in a split second, and he promptly sought a solution. He so much wanted to watch the creatures; underwater they were much clearer than the wavering, distorted figures he had glimpsed from above. A sudden fleck of green to Gavin’s left indicated a large clump of Salvao bushes – long and snaky, the reedy plants waved around in the water, and Gavin quickly ducked for cover beneath them, hiding behind it’s thick threads.

However, the Totodile’s hadn’t seen him. They suddenly, after a moment, pricked their ears as though something could be heard, and swam off in a cluster, about fifteen of them acting as one. Gavin seized the opportunity and let himself rise upwards to the surface, his head breaking through after a few seconds, for a breath of air. It was like the breath of a Meganium over deadened lawn; Gavin’s previously almost deflated lungs were regenerated with new oxygen, and he was ready for another dive. He hurriedly ducked his head under and began pursuing the school of Totodile.

In the few moments it had taken Gavin to take a breath, the Totodiles had swam out of sight, which Gavin inferred must have been a long way away because the water was so clear he could see for ages. He quickly swam after them, when suddenly his head slammed into a solid, hard wall of some sort, and he fell down.

‘ What?’ he thought inwardly, rubbing his head and looking up. Before him lay the usual river floor he had been swimming along, but for some reason, Gavin found it impossible to get past. The reason was abruptly made apparent, as Suicune crept slowly out of a cleft in the rock wall to Gavin’s right. It’s cobalt fur was glowing seemingly brighter than ever underwater, and it’s mouth was set in a grim line, which Gavin would have previously thought impossible. However, Gavin’s attention was taken by his lungs deciding to empty at that point. He struggled suddenly, trying to swim for the surface, but suddenly, after his lungs were ready to burst, Suicune opened it’s mouth and a jet of lilac energy issued from within it’s jaws. The beam rushed at Gavin, and hit him at once.

Moments later, Gavin found himself incased in an enormous air bubble. Inside the bubble, the sounds of the quiet underwater world were muffled and he was in his silent world. Suicune remained unfazed outside the bubble, and Gavin yelled out at it “ Oy, what are YOU doing here?!”. Gavin hadn’t really expected an answer, but all that happened was that the sound of his own voice merely echoed around the air bubble, until it had been repeated so many times it faded out. However, Suicune grinned menacingly as usual, and Gavin heard words in his head. An odd sensation washed over him, he was hearing the words, but somehow no voice, just the words were played back to him inside his own head. //Human – I have arrived – to help you//

“ What?” Gavin burst out again, hearing the words rebound of the bubble walls and watch them wobble and quiver slightly. Suicune calmly floated in the cool outside water and a radiance emerged from it’s eyes, greater than it’s aurora fur. The azure light was blinding Gavin, and he turned away slightly to view it on an angle, but Suicune seemed undisturbed. //Take this, keep it. It will help you// Gavin wondered what the legendary pokemon was on about, but watched carefully through squinted eyes at the transformation occurring. At first, he thought Suicune was evolving, as the light washed over his body, filling the clear water with azure light. The all the light seemed to form into droplets, beads of power, of energy. Gavin watched in awe, and the droplets all ran down Suicune’s body, and merged with each other, tricking down into the water, which they stained blue. All the blue beads of light now came together, and shaped themselves into a spherical form. Gavin was shaking slightly, despite trying to keep calm and stand still. Suicune watched, completely calm, as the blue shone and turned amazingly into some form of ball – pokeball? The ball was half golden, half indigo. Gavin thought it was a horrible combination, but somehow it managed to shine and look impressive still. Suicune nudged the ball, which was drifting in the water before it’s face, and the ball slowly floated forward and touched the bubble, pressing insistently on the edge. There was a soft ‘pop’ sound, and the ball broke through the bubble, and the water somehow remained outside as the bubble closed back over. Gavin felt the pokeball – it was half smooth, and half rough, but both halves were sparkling in the light. Gavin opened it, and his stomach fell suddenly as the pokeball revealed nothing at all. Empty. But as soon as the ball opened, the bubble popped, and Suicune cried //Keep it!//. Gavin closed it and pocketed it, before he rose upwards. Suicune thought out a final //Good Luck, Human//, before evaporating into the water.

Gavin floated swiftly upwards, until …

“ Lisa!!” Gavin yelled, his head breaking abruptly through the surface. “ You’ll never guess what …”

He looked around, and Lisa and Kris had both vacated the grassed area around the hut. For a moment he thought he saw them on the bridge, for there were a couple of people there, but as he watched, a few others joined those people, so he decided they couldn’t be Lisa and Kris.

The bridge was a about fifty metres away, so Gavin thought he must have floated a fair way. He hauled himself over the edge of the river, and sprawled out, exhausted, on the lawn. Deciding to wait until Lisa and Kris returned from wherever they might be, he pulled the empty pokeball out of his pocket and turned it around slowly in his hands. Suicune’s process of creating it had seemed so – magical – how could it be such a dud, apart from it’s look? It was such a let down, after watching it appear from Suicune’s tears – were they even tears, or were they just … power?

Maybe he could just try it again. It couldn’t hurt, surely? Gavin pulled himself to a sitting position and felt his breakfast slosh around in his stomach. He took the blue/gold ball, and threw it up into the air. A freak gust of wind blew past at that moment, and blew it over to the edge of the bushes and trees which rose everywhere, halting at an invisible line for the neat grass to grow. The ball landed, and a faint popping sound emitted, although again, nothing appeared. Gavin’s stomach fell a little more. It really was a dud. A sudden thud just beyond the beginning of the trees caught Gavin’s attention. The leaves rustled heavily, and suddenly a branch snapped off a tree just visible through the shade given by other trees. Gavin stood up abruptly, and approached the trees near the edge of the hut, pushing past the thickset shrubbery and into the dingy forest. Through all the undergrowth there was a rough path of destruction about a metre or so wide. Pitiful plants and bushed were trampled down into the forest floor, and Gavin felt suddenly as though - he thought this was very typical - there was somebody watching him.

To Gavin’s right, from the direction of the back of the wooden hut which backed onto the forest area, Gavin was sure he saw a flash of light – his first thought was a camera, but then he thought maybe it had been a pokemon’s beam? He averted course to investigate. Suddenly a growl sounded out from his left this time, as he made his way along a very under-used path. He suddenly came to a clearing, where pools of dappled sunlight fell on the ground, and everything was suddenly made clear.

A Raichu was laying on the ground, it’s eyes crossed, looking injured and confused. It was laying very close to the fallen branch, which was spread across the clearing. Gavin realised what had happened – Raichu had been in the tree when the branch fell off and had been virtually knocked out. It used the last of it’s strength to pointlessly use thundershock, or a similar attack. Gavin ran over the details in his mind, and everything fitted, but it seemed like such an anticlimax. He had expected there to be something interesting – maybe something mysterious, even. Disappointed, he about-faced and trudged back to the grassed area beyond the line of shrubbery. Another flash suddenly radiated from the grassed area, and Gavin sprinted back down the path of destruction until he emerged back into the light of the outside world. His special pokeball was laying on the ground, and he picked it up. The source of the second flash was suddenly made apparent.

Lisa and Kris were battling on the grassed lawn. Kris’ Chompy was glowing brightly, as a white light washed over it’s body. It grew taller, and wider. Lisa stood back, recalling her Elekid. The evolution process finished, and before the girls stood a Croconaw. Gavin took that time to clear his throat, and they noticed him.

“ Gavin, there you are,” Lisa said. “ Oy, guess what. If I win this, Kris is coming with us to Moo Moo Farm.”

He smiled. “ What if you don’t?”

Kris grinned light-heartedly. “ I’ll come anyway.”

Gavin nodded, interested, and watched as the girls sent out their last pokemon. Kris took a little longer, as she was rejoicing over her Totodile’s evolution. Finally, Lisa’s Vulpix appeared for it’s first trainer battle, and Lisa wondered if the training she had given it against wild pokemon had been enough.

Kris sent out her Jigglypuff, the bouncy, fluffy, inflatable pink pokemon. It squeaked out various syllables of it’s name and poked out it’s tongue at Vulpix. The crimson fox looked offended, and it waved it’s six tails in a way of showing how distinguished it was. Lisa quickly ordered a Flame Wheel, as well as a wish of luck, as Vulpix had been in few trainer battles before. Vulpix nodded, Kris ordered Jigglypuff’s attack, Jigglypuff nodded, and Gavin smiled as he settled down on the grass to watch the fight.

Vulpix, being the more agile of the two, took command and attacked first. Flames whooshed out of it’s mouth in a circular formation, spiralling at Jigglypuff in a scarlet pulsating form of energy and fire. Jigglypuff had seemingly been idling, but now it’s inactive appearance was revealed. It had been waiting to dodge Vulpix’s attack. It did so almost perfectly, leaping up above the spiralling fire and only just singeing it’s rubbery feet. It landed well away from the wheel of flame, which quickly burned out. Jigglypuff and Kris looked smug and pleased, Lisa and Vulpix (and Gavin too) appeared agitated. Vulpix shot out a burst of enraged embers, which caught Jigglypuff off-guard.

“ Oy, that’s not nice!” Kris protested.

“ Sorry about that!” Lisa cried, but she was actually pleased to have got an attack in.

“ It’s alright. Jigglypuff, use Rollout!”

“ Try agility, then Quick Attack!” yelled Lisa in desperation. Rollout might manage to take out her Vulpix after a couple of turns – she needed it not to hit.

Vulpix purred softly, and readied it’s body for any abrupt movement at any flinch or attempt at attack from Jigglypuff. The crimson fox waited, as Jigglypuff curled into a rubbery orb, and came careering down the grassy slope towards it. Vulpix stayed still until Jigglypuff had nearly careered into her, then leapt up and actually soared over the top of the pink pokemon. Landing on the grass, Vulpix saw the back of Jigglypuff and charged at it with all the strength it could muster. The Quick attack hit accurately, and Jigglypuff, who was slowing down after the exhausting Rollout, slammed into the ground.

“ Sing it to sleep, Jiggly!”

“ Perfect, Vulpix! Now use Safeguard before the song takes effect!”

Lisa’s Vulpix got the pre-emptive strike, and Vulpix breathed out a short stream of golden mist, which began orbiting the air around it’s head. Jigglypuff began singing a sweet-sounding song moments later, but luckily it had no effect.

“ Ember! Finish it off!” shouted Lisa.

Kris was looking in despair, and throughout her earning of her five badges, no battle had been this intense. And she was beginning to realise that Vulpix was at a much higher level. “ Jiggly, use Doubleslap!”

The Jigglypuff tensed it’s tiny hands, waiting for the Fire Fox to get within range of it’s powerful slaps. Vulpix, however, was at an advantage yet again, as it’s ranged attack meant it didn’t need to come in contact with Jigglypuff. The orange embers burst out in a stream of hot sparks, which rained down on Jigglypuff fiercely. The sparks burned it, and the pokemon shrivelled up into an unconscious heap.

Kris looked sadly at her Jigglypuff, and Lisa smiled. “ You won it this time!” Kris said, not sounding at all sad OR happy. “ I guess I’m coming with you to Moo Moo Farm!”

------------------

Suicune sprinted across the vast plains near Ecruteak. He entered the outskirts, and quickly became invisible again, as an extra precaution, although the inky blackness of night-time was acting as a shield. He raced into the Burned tower, and automatically fell down the hole in the first storey’s floor – but did so purposely. His speed was incredible – he had made the voyage easily in a few hours.

//About time// Entei greeted, it’s face hardly visible in the darkness of the basement, lit only by a flame fixed onto a bracket in the wall. Suicune made itself appear, and nodded to the tall, wide form of Entei, standing erect in the centre of the basement, and Raikou, pacing slowly in the corner.

//Did you -// began Raikou, it’s yellow fur sparking slightly with static electricity.

//Yes// Suicune informed, and the other two breathed deeply.

//All done, then? They didn’t work anything out, did they? Suicune?// enquired Entei, now curling up by the flickering vermilion flames which he conjured into the air. //You DID take all the precautions? Invisibility?//

//I’m fine, I did all that. I’ll check again in a few days// Suicune told them. //Don’t worry Entei, he should be safe for a while//

All three sat down together, in silence, and then, as though magic, invisibility fell over them, hiding them all from view. Atop the Tin Tower, a majestic phoenix heard Suicune’s last words in his head. // … should be safe for a while// The phoenix nodded to itself, and gazed slowly out to the stars, which barely lighted the night.
    Last edited by Gavin Luper; 1st August 2007 at 12:39 PM.

Lisa the Legend

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Fan Fic Updates - Find out what's been updated and when!

Lisa the Legend has just been updated with Chapter 19: Sacred Suicune on 2 - 10 - 02.

Link: Lisa the Legend

Lisa the Legend

Donator Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    (Donator)

So the Legendaries (or at least the Legendary Dogs) are in League to keep Gavin safe. I wonder why....

...and i know you won't tell me, because that would be a major spoiler.

The name you came up with for the Black Beast is nice. Since the way you described it, it seemed more evil and stuff, so i expected a name that sounded more evil. Lunanine is kinda pretty. Meh, maybe teh Black Beast will turn out to be not so bad after all, and the name will fit better.
    Mew Master's Officially Approved #1 Fan

Read his fics, or I'll bash you with the Mallet of Ficcy Goodness.

Follower of ~DR the Art God, possessor of The Mechanical Pencil of Reality and The Book of Recorded Reality.

Banned

Interesting, this story is getting more curious by the second.

Oh, my fanfic isn't like yours. Take Ash, Misty and Brock. Throw in the help of Jessie, James, Meowth, Cassidy, Butch and Domino and mix it in with the greatest threat to the pokemon world. Then you get my fanfic, The Twin Terrors. I was just saying maybe I ought to add Legendaries to my story with Eusine of course.

Well, you story is doing great and maybe you could read mine. Unless you already have read mine. Anyways, you are doing a great job so keep it up.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

What a bunch of sneaky bastards those legendary dogs are! Guess it beats creaming each other like the legendary birds did in Movie 2! Good stuff, Gavin!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Mew Trainer Rose: Hi there! Long time no see (not since yesterday when I replied after you in the Road Trip)! Well yes, they are in league with each other. Very evil, no? Like I said, these chapters are where the story really begins. By the way, you're right, no way can I tell anyone what's going on!

You're right, Lunanine isn't really a name associated with evil and destruction, but I couldn't exactly call it 'destructor'. It'll all work out, I know. I'd better stop now before I give away any more secrets!

Tyranitar Master: Ah yes, very curious indeed. It just starts building up the suspense from her onwards, and always the reader wants to know what the hell is going on!

It's OK. I wouldn't really mind if your fanfic WAS like mine, but since it isn't that's even better. I might get around to reading it, it depends. I like anything with legendaries (generally).

Ryan: Hey! Yes, they're evil those guys, they are. Lol. Sneeeaky. It's all a bit mysterious at the moment, and will keep going like that for another couple of chapters. Then we'll have a break. Then more SUSPENSE chapters! WOOHOO!

Lol ... I don't like the legendary birds. All they do is kill each other.

Everyone: remember that the next chapter (chapter 20) will be ... dum dum dum ... the final chapter for the book!

YAY!

Cheers guys!

Lisa the Legend

MORE CHAPTERS!

Hmm. It seems that the legendary beasts and Ho-oh need Gavin for something. Perhaps the Black beast, Lunanine, or Lugia, is going to come and kill him? But this Raichu he caught (he did catch it didn't he? it didn't say specificly what happened) will probably be super powerful now, or something.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

SSM: Well, the legendaries might need Gavin ... I suppose you can put it that way ... depends how you look at it. As for the Raichu, no he didn't catch it at all ... I don't know how you interpreted it that way. But no, the Raichu just stayed there on the ground!

Cheers!

Lisa the Legend

LUGIA! That sure would have been amazing if Gavin really caught Lugia. Maybe he could get his Ditto to remember Lugia to transform again.

Why do Dittos always have to see a pokemon to transform into it? You would think that they would remember how to change into a specific pokemon the same way any other kind of pokemon remembers how to do regular attacks. They must be pretty dumb to be able to transform into something, and then forget how to do it again.

How could Gavin leave that Raichu laying there? All he had to do was throw a pokeball, and he would have caught it. Raichus can be pretty strong pokemon.

I wonder what the legendaries are up to? Maybe they have some use for Gavin's Psychic power?

or