PancaKe: I don't think raplying makes me a legend, but thanks for the comment. ^_^

The first three poems (Good Company, Silence and The Lotus Eater) made me think about the time of joy spent with a special someone in our lives. From little things like helping them with their homeworks to parties and other crazy stuff, every moment spent with them are moments to be treasured, and I can see that in each of your pieces. I like the simplicity of Sorry, because you can use this to describe a lot of situations in one's life (love, weak spots, the thought of showing someone a part of you they do not know...). Overall, nice job on all of them.

Chris: I have to admit that your poems get the hidden mischievous side of me to think of many erotic scenes while daydreaming (its disturbing sometimes... but that's what I get for being a fan of japanese girls).

But apart from that, I loved the description of the King of Creaks used on this piece. It feels like an open invitation, and that's why I believe that the name was used effectively to dleiver the message.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 2.1 View Post
IMHO if you overthink it, you lose the real essence of the poem.
I agree with Chris on this one Tara. When we think too much of a poem, we might end up losing focus of it, and with it, the essence itself is lost too. But of course, it's worth a try to mix creative thoughts and feelings to make even better pieces. Whatever you think its best, you decide.

OK, this next piece is a poem based on the lyrics of "The All-American Rejects". This was part of an English homework. Oh and one more thing: I do not plan to make any profit from this piece. I just post it here for people to view and of course, most of the credits are for the band than for me.

My Paper Heart
(Based on the discography of: The All-American Rejects. Credits to the band)

I wanna be your sunshine love
If you just have faith in me and believe
But if another heart calls your love
My dirty little secret, you will be.

I have this Straightjacket feeling
That I can someway, somehow change your mind.
I’m waiting with my heart bleeding
As I write the last song to make you smile.

Even if the life gives you hell,
And even if your dreams seem too far gone,
If you don’t leave me, I promise girl,
to dance inside you and make pain move along.

My love like the wind blows for you
And time stands still when you are by my side.
I’ll reach the top of the world for you
Become your star and give you a night drive.

My paper heart’s for you, my dear
Your happy endings draw and paint my life
And if you dream to come back to me
Then I’ll be your world and you’ll be my wife.