Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poetry Corner

Banned

Default Poetry Corner

The rumble of talk fills the room. A man walks up with a slow gait, full of energy and light, his step ever so slight. He looks around, his hair slicked back, his eyes filled with to the brim with simple sound. He sports the wear of a man who knows who is, confident and the gait of a lion within its lair. The rumble of talk fills the room, for the lights goes dim, and lighters flicker in the darkness, only a slight glow does loom. His yearning eyes gaze once more searching for that one gal. His stalking eyes look about, and for he knew the end of the wait was near, he could feel the one he sought. He steps down from the wooden stage, his eyes filled with a tiger’s rage. He sees her in all her beauty, the light unaware of her form so right. His gait-the leopard’s stalk, eying his prey, her form so right, set straight under jet black hair the color of charcoal’s chalk. The rumble of talk simmers down, as he approaches his beautiful lady set apart in her gown, like a lamb in lamb in a wild cat’s groun’. He sets his hand upon her own, bringing her closer to the stage, freeing her from a dreary cage. His gait, a cheetah’s speed, for he is of the sun’s own seed. He speaks, his eyes so bright, his hair slicked back, hanging from his ear a silver ring, his voice speaks like the scorpion’s sting.

“To you my love, “

With a click of his hands, the lights do die, and a spotlight so right comes upon his being. The glimmer doesn’t die from eyes even in the blinding sea of light.

To you my love
    I show you my song.
    To you my love
    my passion’s throng.

To you my love.
    I strip away my cool
    To you my love
    I give my heart’s rule.

To you my love
    I light my body’s flame
    To you my love
    Burn me with your name

To you my love
    I show my song
    To you my love
    Right my every wrong.

Then he stood awaiting his heart’s desire, not knowing what should be for he was not given the gift to look at future’s sea.
    ~~

Banned

Default Poetry Corner

The rains of blood flow,
    Down from the sky.
    The redness that stains,
    Down from upon high.
    Darkness is eternal,
    Light then does sigh,
    For death goes on willingly,
    Away it does cry…

Banned

Default Poetry Corner

(Awww, Sweet poem Tyger. mesa likes. "*is killed by Jar Jar fans*" ^_~)

With careful nervous steps a young woman steps up to the mic. She scans the audience with eyes that are like pools of emerald ice. They flicker momentarily with apprehension as she brushes a wisp of short auburn hair out of her weather-tanned face. With shaking hands she unfolds a piece of scratch paper and begins to read from it. (This is a sonnet, Btw. o.O;

To make a statement in a profound way
    One must stop to ponder life's real meaning
    Or consider what love is if you may
    Or maybe find why hope is so fleeting

To be profound is not an easy task
    From my own expierence I say that
    Why not? A great many people may ask
    That is what I am about to get at

One can not force themselves to be profound
    It's something that only comes on a whim
    It also takes knowledge from what I've found
    And a cup of coffee filled to the brim

The moment you give up, I'll guarentee
    Profound thoughts will be flying right to thee

Banned

Default Poetry Corner

A smallish, “pleasantly plump” male of Oriental heritage dressed in black carpenter jeans and a gray polo t-shirt stumbles onto the stage, coughing and wheezing due to all the smoke in the room. He drags his feet to the microphone, takes a sip of his Evian, and then runs his hand through his scraggly, short jet-black hair as he looks around the room with his small, terror-filled brown eyes. “I’m new to the poetry scene,” he says in a shy, timid voice while he nervously grinds his brown-leather sandal clad feet into the imaginary pits he has imagined into the stage floor. “But I’ve tried my best to share with you a little piece of me.” Then, taking a big breath, he closes his eyes and speaks…

“I Once Thought…”

I once thought that time would grant me superpowers
    “When I grow up,” I said,
    “I could be like Spider-Man, Superman even!
    I just have to wait for high school.”

I once thought that the best was in store for me
    “I’ll be in Harvard, Yale, Princeton…
    I just have to wait to be #1.”

I once thought that I would be a superstar
    “I can be a singer, a tennis star, a TaeKwonDo Master!
    I just have to wait to become better!”

I once thought that I had my whole life ahead of me.
    “I can be…
    I just have to wait…”

I once thought that time was my friend
    Would wait ‘til I was ready.
    I was wrong.

I now know that time is not an entity at all
    “When is now,” I say,
    “I can be whatever I want
    I just have to make my own time.”

“Thank you,” he says, before scurrying off the stage into the comfort and safety of his seat in the shadowy-est corner of the room.

Smoke and fire Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Poetry Corner

10 years ago today I was seven years old, with three of my friends, we walked along the railway, not knowing what dangers would be ahead, laughing talking about what we'll do when we grow up, having so many dreams, having so many hopes.

Walking along the railway laughing and teasing each other, having no worries at all, pushing each other and laughing our heads off, not caring, not wanting to care.

Train speeds along the track track, we're laughing, we're teasing, we see the train, the train keeps moving, wheels going round, train moving, then one of us is left on the track, he's got his foot stuck, and the trains getting closer.

And I'm screaming trying to run over to him, but they're holding me back, and theres nothing I can do, but wait for whats going to happen, and hes crying, and he looks at me, and the train hoots his horn, and he keeps looking, and he looks, and the train goes over him.

And each of those carriages going over him, blood is splattered everywhere, the train is well gone now, didn't even bother to stop, and there he is, not recognisable, and we're looking at each other, thinking it's all a dream, but it's reality.

And 10 years has past, and all I can do is think of that day, the day that changed my life. So much guilt is inside me, I could of saved him, but they stopped me. The other two they don't seem to care but I did, he was my best friend.

And that best friend is gone, and I just keep looking at those eyes, wondering if he'd still be here today, I blame myself for what happened, I knew not to go on it, my parents warned many times, the parents of my best friend, won't even acknowledge me when I'm walking down the street, and everyone else in high school is so happy, they don't seem to have the worries, and those two other friends of mine, they're in the football team, where I should be, but getting near them, just makes me swallow pity

Life changes so much in those 10 years but those eyes keep staring at me, I'm sleeping and I'm dreaming, and I picture that day in my dreams, I picture his foot getting stuck, and I picture myself trying to help, but I get held back, and hes crying and hes looking at me, and the train keeps moving and train goes over him and each carriage rides over, and then the train vanishes, and this bloodied lifeless unrecognisable body is left.

10 years ago my life has changed, but for my best friend, he never got to have a life, he never got to get his first kiss, never got to go to the Prom, never went on a date, never be the Detective he wanted to be. For he had only started life, and that life was stopped, while I have life, but I'm not using it.

Those eyes keep staring at me, in my dreams, he stares, when I'm on the bus to school, he stares, hes watching me, I can see him, I saw him and I couldn't help him. Haunted eyes keep staring, haunted eyes keep following, life must go on. But that look in his eyes, those eyes of his and then theres that bloodied lifeless body. And then theres him crying staring into my eyes. I see those eyes.

----

I like those poems you've all written. Toge yours is really short but it had so much impact.

Tyger yours was kinda sad. In a good way though.

Poetry is such a forgotten art. Quite sad really.
    Registered March 24th 2000

Dude, you were the dumbass who was pissing us all with your "game", you've lied to us, spammed. (yes you have) and utterly annoyed us, you big, fat hypocrite.

Oh I miss you Calaveron

Banned

Default Poetry Corner

Erm... yeah, another poem thingy that I just did. Its a bit weird.

Control

When you loose everything,
    And the night gone away,
    And far away a bird does sing,
    Together pianos play.
    For life is a certain thing,
    And it goes on each day.
    Even if you are the king,
    Not even you have a say…
    In how life does it's dancing,
    And which way it may sway,
    For life is prancing…
    Far, far away…

Life is out of control...

---

^^;;;

WHO DO YOU THINK I AM!? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Poetry Corner

A cough comes from the direction of the stage as a newcomer stands holding a tattered paper in his hand. His tanned skin is a direct contrast to the white coat he wears and the immaculate harvard shirt underneath. Strands of dark black hair frame his face emerald green eyes shining with a bit of nervousness. "Uh..hi." He mutters into the microphone. "I..uh...thought I would share a little poem with you guys." He takes a deep breath. "So uh...here I go."

Invisible Heart
    Cold logic. Tangled emotions. An icy enigma.
    That is what you show.
    Blue strands of unruly hair frame a slender face.
    A face as pale as the moon, a mysterious beauty to behold.
    Glowing crimson orbs shine from blank features.
    Two windows into her very soul, a soul filled with confusion.
    It wanders her icy depths, seeking that which she cannot find.
    The invisible heart that contains her emotions.
    Her unseen heart that houses her true self.
    Tender emotions. Unexplained longings. An answer to a question not asked.
    They burn like fire within her heart.
    Slowly melting the icy mask from her face.
    Revealing the tender soul hidden beneath.
    Ayanami Rei.
    An Invisible Heart.
    A Heart beating withing a shell of a body.

Rolls the papers up and puts it in his pocket before walking off the stage.

GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE AND KICK REASON TO THE CURB!

BELIEVE NOT IN YOURSELF! BELIEVE IN ME WHO BELIEVES IN YOU!

THE DRILL IS A TRUE MAN'S WEAPON!

WE'LL PIERCE THROUGH THE HEAVENS, DIMENSIONS, AND TIME ITSELF!

WE'LL SHOW YOU OUR PATH THROUGH FORCE
    THIS IS THE GURREN-DAN WAY!

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!?

Banned

Default Poetry Corner

great poems everyone. now i reply

i'll go from the latest poem to the ealiest, seeing that's the way the vb seems to order the posts 0.o

prof jb. wolf: jon becaulier Wolf. WHoo, its been a long time since i've seen you on this board or any board or any im prog for that ^^:;. how have you been? if by any stray chance you post another poem or just post , please do give me your im (or im me on msn or aim at tygerofdanyte@Hotmail.com or tygerofdanyte, respectivel). so we could talk and such. now about your poem. very poetic, but it some how doesn't flow completely. you tend to suddenly put in words that don't blend with the rest of the text, example "orbs" hmm i can't seem to suggest another word aside from eyes, but heh ^^;; go figure. there are a few more instances. although i must say this is the first time i'm seeing a poem on ayanami rei. anime character, if i remember right. very short term memory ^^:;

togechukku: not at all wierd toge. Its actually very interesting view. ALthough it looks to have come out of a more depressed person than the very hyper, active also hyperactive person that is you, ooh i forgot to mention pesky =P (gotcha back for that aim convo) anyway back to your poem. it was interesting. a nice way of looking at life. but heh you sure did put me in perspective by calling life a certain THING. emphasis on thing ^_~. interesting view on the world. although i don't usually agree with constant A-B rhyme structure (that is using the same type of rhyme ever time) it had a very dulling presence to it. interesting. if something's wrong. i'm almost always on aim or msn. so you can talk to me if ya want to.

konnix: *cringes as i look at your bloody and wet hands* ^_~ feuding wih someone? err its a good poem. best poems are done with emotion. like yours.i can feel the emotion bursting through the words. I could feel how much you wanna kill this guy =P it scares me ^^;; but its good poetry. oh change the word "Ran" in line five to "run" so it makes more sense, unless thats what you were driving for ^_~.

firepokemon: heh, sad in a good way. XD. pathetic fellow isn't he-the guy in my poem. I used to be him, well i sitll am, but i'm less pathetic now. I don't have a earring in my ear at least ^^;; I'm not that hyper, okay maybe i am. but meh. but i digress. on to your poem. I LOVED IT. I love any poem done in paragraph format. Although i loved the writing style, the poem in itself was sad. You brought the mood from a happy one and then you crush it like a flower in a closed fist. it was very interestnig. ALmost seemed real. bah, i speak too much ill ~_~. OH well it was very sad and you put it out in a beautiful manner.

mousie: aww that is so true. i know what your feeling alex. heh, i also felt a few of those things. i wanted to be the terminator when i was growing up though =P i could become liquid .

Shaylir: profound is as profound does. err heh, i tried to say something profound but failed miserably. all i could do was take "stupid is as stupid does" and change it to "profound is as profound does" it does make some sense, but not much ^^;; heh, your poem was interesting. but you forgot to spell check it =P. although i agree with the whole bit about coffee. it is a must for deep thinkers. i mean look at us poetic ppl here ^_~.

togechukkU: hey again. now that is graphic. Never thought i could see a bloody sky :-P but i can now ^_~ interesting way to show death as well. i agree with FP on this. i mean its short but damn does it have impact.
    ~~~~~

heh now for my poem.

A boy short in stature, but tall in soul walks with an air of innocence ot the stage. HIs eyes flicker with light. He eyes the crowd with daunting eyes, almost daring them to say something. BUt he does not give them a choice, as his tiny pre-pubescent voice voice, a shrill tone.

"I have something to tell you all."

The voices died down in kind yet playful accomodation, yet there were a few snickers here and there from a few of immature age.

He started again.

" i wanted to read this poem, I wrote.

I had a little puppy.
    I called him fluffy
    I washed him every day
    We talked from APril to May.
    It was a lot of fun
    We used to run
    in the morning.
    and i heard a ring
    from a bell on his collar.
    but now i miss her.
    It became sick
    it was something to do with the superhero Tick.
    SO he was sick but he died
    i was said then mommy told me he was near god's side
    So i'm happy for this little puppy
    He was mine and I called him fluffy."

WIth this, he got up and ran down the steps and out the door and was never seen again.

~~~~

err this was kind of hard, tryign to write from a kid's perspective. i would have thought it would be easy. but it was hard ;-; heh usually my poems end up looking like they were writtenby a 8 year old. but this time i'm PROUD to say that I tried to make it look like it was written by a 8 year old ^^:;

Random Drop-By Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Poetry Corner

hooray for the poetry corner! *flips on a few of the lights in the back, keeping the room somewhat dim, but not like a frickin' grave*. and poetry and darkness just seems like such a nice combination doesn't it? well don't forget to swivel your head, squint to hard and it'll look like drivel. A wincing bard may have words to give, but one learns to live with ambivalence. Listen.

--

"Imaginary Confession"

You always keep me guessing.
    Keep pressing, please, keep pressing.
    My guesses have me losing.
    Time presses, then the bruising.

The time to heal returning.
    Alive to keep discerning.
    Returning hints emerging.
    Returning hints with yearning.

Fearing calls not existing.
    Fearing falls, then resisting.
    This existance keeps on regressing,
    To resist any progress, now I am confessing:

I want to love you and be loved.
    I want to see you every day.
    Don't want these feelings shoved away.
    I'm missing you in every way.

I'm writing to hide it.
    I'm trying to fight it.
    My feelings are true,
    But I'm running despite it.

I'm longing to right it.
    I'm wrong and I know it.
    I love your whole person.
    Now why can't I show it?

Forget all the guessing,
    I want your heart pressed next to mine.
    I love you, all right?
    -----

"And Everything in Between"

It takes More than Less than enough,
    To create Something from Nothing,
    And with Overwhelming Understanding,
    We are Left to the Right answer,
    That one must Last to Begin.
    ----

The two don't have any relation to each other, just thought i'd put 'em both up.

Konnix I'm liking that last line! Saw it as how u're describing the beating you're gonna give this punk so graphically then making it even more serious by saying you "won't hold back at all" next time. nice.

I like how you put that feeling into verse alex, well done to the very conclusion.

dratini by day

haunter by night

Best. Forum. Ever.

Default Poetry Corner

I cant deny to the fact that you may just
    Break down and cry
    I will not fight this pain inside
    Because the truth would just make it worse
    You look back you can not see
    Just how bad your treatment can be
    So by now I hope you know
    Just where I stand all alone

Life is unfair
    You cannot see
    Life is unfair
    To you and to me
    Why wont you feel the pain I share
    Why won't you feel life is unfair

Maybe someday when were all old
    You will come back with stories that told
    How you were the hero inside
    How youve changed them with your mind
    Maybe someday you wont have changed
    Maybe someday you'll still be the same
    For now I know just why your there
    Just to prove to me that

Life is unfair
    You cannot see life is unfair
    to you and to me
    Why wont you feel the pain i share
    why wont you feel life is unfair?

Thats one of my worse songs... ^^;;;;

~Mist

Default Poetry Corner

I liked reading the above poems. Thought I would revive this topic with one of my own:

Maybe we were wrong for each other,
    Maybe it wasn't the right time.
    Maybe we weren't meant to be,
    Maybe you were never really mine.

Maybe life is cruel sometimes,
    Maybe it's unfair.
    Maybe I still call your name,
    Maybe you're not there.

Maybe it was stupid to try,
    Maybe cursed from the start.
    Maybe you still think of me,
    Maybe you're always in my heart.

Maybe I want you back.
    What can I say? I miss you.

~ Bugsy
    [FONT=verdana]
    Kirei

~-~-~-~ DON'T COVER MY GEM!! ~-~-~-~

~ COME AND ADOPT POKéMON AND PLAY ASB AT TSUYOIS LAIR ~

Click on me!

~~Avatar by Orion~~

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Poetry Corner

Thats good Soo, I like the way it expresses your feelings and how they cant be told. nice work

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Poetry Corner

Soo! That is a great poem! I can think of a lot of other people who'd love to hear that opoem. The other ones here are great too! But, I have to admit, Soo's poem is really good and touching! Nice work!

L_X

Smoke and fire Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Poetry Corner

Heres one I did like six days ago, I'm not happy with it, but can't seem to change it.

It's kind of a song/poem type thing.

My mother shes drinking away her fears
    My father hes drinking away his
    It's a tendency to drink till excess
    I'll swagger home so alone

Alone in a scary world of violence
    where gangs are recruiting children
    children killing children
    their parents getting wasted

Where it's not safe to walk the streets
    20 bars on just one street
    Broken glass and blood on the ground
    Fights they are erupting
    Mothers suddenly rising
    Children running
    Children dying
    father's staggering
    Fights they are eurpting

I'll swagger so alone

Girl heldup at knife point
    Her parents at a bar
    Drinking to excess
    Lady where is your child?

Shes alone in a world where she fears.
    Your always at a bar leaving her alone

Son adoring father
    Father at a bar
    Son all alone
    Son wants to be like father
    son follows father

I'll swagger home so alone.

It's a cycle of destruction
    One way or another
    Mother was once a child
    Child was left alone.

End the destruction now
    Dependency on alcohol
    Hell it's wrong
    All you mothers
    All you fathers
    don't leave your kids alone.

I'll swagger home so alone

I'll swagger home so alone.

It starts with One.
    Have another
    Broken Dreams
    Broken Homes
    Violence erupting
    Because you left your kids alone.

----

Meh it sounds ok when I sing it in my mind, but otherwise when I can't get the tune I sort of want, it sounds like ****.\
    Registered March 24th 2000

Dude, you were the dumbass who was pissing us all with your "game", you've lied to us, spammed. (yes you have) and utterly annoyed us, you big, fat hypocrite.

Oh I miss you Calaveron

Banned

Default Poetry Corner

It was a dark and stormy day on Dreary Man's Way,
    a distant's child's voice cries out in the fray.
    Dear friend upstairs, write a word on my wall,
    so I may know you are watching once and for all.

The thunder speaks with its rising tone,
    just pieces of the distance of the realm of unknown,
    I look at the grass, once covered in dew,
    now soiled with His tears as the rain passes through.

On the sound of the call from the heavens, I wonder,
    Is it God that I hear, that voice in the thunder?
    Was He barking his orders to his creation, mankind,
    The sound blends with voices of men left behind,
    Does man bury himself, Dear God, is it true?
    I recieve no reply as the thunder rolls through.

Father, we reside in our small realm of sin,
    I'll see you, my friend, when the rain comes again.

Banned

Default Poetry Corner

gah here only for a while then back to non-comp land.

anyway.

fp: strange and nice as usual. i seem to have you vying to grab my fanfickian spot as strange poet. En garde.

pory: heh nice ^_~. knew you could write stories, but prose. (Y)

now onto me own. old one. don't feel like writing up papered stories. too lazy

What a time!
    World filled with grime.
    What a time!
    My world full of gloom.
    The past gone and dead,
    words still remain said.
    All said and done.
    The past gone and dead!

The future seen,
    hearts crushed; destroyed zen.
    Life of matter n'er now surged,
    courage, remnant completely submerged.
    The future seen,
    men hope it never been.

Present terrified and atrocious.
    Floods and streams,
    Grime-stricken; thoroughly noxious.
    Destruction of dreams,
    tears rushing out of all seams.
    Present terrified and atrocious!

What a time?
    World filled with grime.
    What a time?
    My world full of gloom.
    ~~~

VERY OLDDD

Elite Trainer

Default Poetry Corner

nice poems! i liked your use of past present and future with time tyga =). and porygonix, your rhythm and rhyme worked great together, made the scene all the more easy to envision. well done.

here's one i posted a couple board's ago i think. who's counting.
    ----
    “Knock at the Door”

Miracle. Chrysalis unfurled.
    Welcome to your world.

The forest so enormous like a chorus sings around you.
    Smallest dot in your surroundings. Amazing, this life found you.

Invisible limits with endless trees. Sky so close, ground far below.
    The dawn of day speaks through the leaves, “Your life has A long way to go.”

And you begin, with knowledge thin, blindly leap from leaf to tree.
    Above it all, the floor intrigues you. Invites you please, to come and see.

To find new glee, your feet take flight. Faith high, in the sky that saves you.
    As you fell, the clouds expel. The clever spell enslaves you.

The drop ends and the top extends away from your familiar eyes.
    Left to befriend the dirt and grass who laugh and humor you with lies.

Hidden despise that can not pass, rises up before long.
    You speak out, relieved to shout. Those friends of yours are gone.

Racing up the bare tree stump, now heeding the eagle’s call.
    Here she flies. The wing she brings, lifts you high above it all.

Sailing through life so anew.
    Airborne feeling seems so true.
    Caressing winds bless you and save.
    Again, the leaves. A welcome wave.

Soars your spirit with your thought.
    A lesson learned. You are taught.

Yet the raindrops hit you first.
    You slip and fall, fearing the worst.

And eagles give their greatest try,
    To pluck you from the crying sky.
    A reach away, it’s all your choice.
    Listen for the treetop’s voice.

Throughout the forest, up and down.
    Frown to smile to smile to frown.
    Searching past the muddy glare,
    The canopy is always there.

But life’s a trend, things tend to end.
    You give that wing a final ride.
    The forest floor a final stroll.
    Then stroll you to the other side.

A doorway graven ‘gainst a tree.
    Many have seen the passage free.
    Yet no one hears of what they see.
    There you stand so anxiously.

You raise and knock the heavy ring.
    Nothing now can change a thing.
    Breathe silently, keep listening.
    The response, is everything.

dratini by day

haunter by night

Best. Forum. Ever.

Banned

Default Poetry Corner

The winter day that made my breath visible
    The coin that I dropped on the frozen road
    The coin that I left to be covered by snow
    The orphan who had not a piece of bread in 3 days
    The orphan who had neither warmth of coat nor love
    The orphan who cried from hunger and cold
    The tears of the orphan that I had not wanted to see
    The orphan who asked me for a coin
    The coin that could have changed the life of an orphan
    The coin that was covered by the snow
    The orphan's corpse covered by snow
    The orphan to whom I didn't give enough love
    The winter day less cold than my heart
    The tears of the orphan, heard never again

Default Poetry Corner

Oo. I think I migght like this place. Well, I'll give it a go.

Fingers
    Swirling, swirling, swirling
    Engulfing, engulfing, engulfing
    Eating, eating, eating
    Boiling, boiling, boiling
    Little boy
    Lying on the ground
    Little boy
    Scared, lying on the ground
    Little boy
    Dying, scared, lying on the ground
    help me
    I cannot hide in the darkness.
    Their light renders it into pieces.
    I cannot go back home.
    They will reduce it to rubble.
    I cannot hide anywhere.
    There is no hiding from them.
    They spit down on me.
    Seething
    Scathing
    Burning
    Bubbling
    Strangling
    I look and see the innocent blue
    But it is naught but a disguise
    A mask, hiding the dark scars of their faces
    But only I know
    The others, they don’t
    They don’t understand
    They never will
    And they will fall too,
    Just like me.
    They roar
    Echoing into my ears
    Sending green tendrils
    Curling through my veins
    Ending at my heart
    Clutching it
    In their cold grip
    The night flashes
    So it begins
    So it begins
    They come out from their quiet abode within the innocent blue
    And come roaring, raging across the vaults
    Dancing in the sky
    Coming to get me
    Because only I know
    No one else does
    Only I do
    So they come to get me.
    They streak across the sky
    Screeching
    Searching for me.
    Someone make them go away.
    Someone make them go away.
    Please someone make them go away.
    They won’t stop until they get me.
    And they get closer.
    And closer.
    closer.
    Spitting down on me.
    Drenching me in their seething scathing sweat.
    Someone please.
    Help me.
    Save me.
    I let out my final pathetic cry.
    Before their fingers finally touch me.

WHOO! Quite a doozy, eh?

Banned

Default Poetry Corner

This is a stupid sonnet. But, what the hell.

September Love
    When out into September's fields I go,
    And gaze into the purest crimson sky,
    The sunset is divine, and yet is so
    Similar to my gentle lover's eye-
    Silent, but not hard, and qui'tly set
    'pon golden fields, my lover's golden hair,
    And never under heaven as of yet
    Has been found a thing so sweet, so fair.
    The whisper of soft winds, it is his breath
    Rolling o'er my body, and my soul,
    Enfused with love, though lightly tinged with death,
    With his intwines, and together rolls
    ___Through Autumn's final warm and tender kiss.
    ___Was there e'er a binding strong as this?

Like I said. It's stupid. Whatever.

Elite Trainer

Default Poetry Corner

alex: sad =( i like the story, impressive how real you made it in just a few lines of prose. *hoorays*

dragonair rider: wow, i like the structure in this, along with the imagery. really good job on it, the feelings with the colors and everything works great. my favorite word of it is tendrils =).

Suzanne: i remember that one! and i like it just fine =P.
    -----

“Dead Mirage Men”

You know that seconds aren’t growing,
    While you wait in the line, prime for fighting.
    A hill’s shadow holds you from going.
    At the order, though, brightens the lighting.

As you gain your footing and stand
    To face pain from the sand,
    The many faces of sand,
    Which will strike mechanically.
    There’s a gun in your hand.

There’s a friend in your hand who will always defend.
    Defend who? Its master, to whom it must render disaster.
    The first bullet defends you successfully, yet offends your brother as well.
    More remorse will spring forth and expel from your eyes, for they are alive, and have sorrow to tell.
    The tears every morrow decline to a slowing, a slowing, a ceasing, an end.

What once was human compassion,
    Is now just your war of pretend.
    ---

dratini by day

haunter by night

Best. Forum. Ever.

WHO DO YOU THINK I AM!? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Poetry Corner

This Pain Becomes Me
    Loneliness. Sorrow. Rage.
    Three emotions that beat within this fragile heart of mine.
    Always alone and forever wandering.
    Never there when needed
    Always there when unwanted.
    Eternal Sorrow.
    Pining for one out of reach.
    Yet finding myself drawn to another.
    I find that my only solace from the war of my heart
    In a curse of my own choosing.
    Blinding Crimson Fury
    The fires burn deep within my soul
    Asking, begging, commadning me to release it.
    To destroy the one that has crushed my happiness.
    And when the flames burn lown, and my mind is cleared.
    I find myself once again lost in the world.
    Left to dwell on the faults of my own.
    And so do I wander, ever walking.
    Searching for a cure to my curses.
    Perhaps then I will my peace.
    Perhaps then I can forgive the one who has caused me this pain.
    Until then, I can only trudge my weary way.
    Until then, this pain shall always be borne in my heart.
    Until then, this pain shall become me.
    And so...do I lash out at the world.

GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE AND KICK REASON TO THE CURB!

BELIEVE NOT IN YOURSELF! BELIEVE IN ME WHO BELIEVES IN YOU!

THE DRILL IS A TRUE MAN'S WEAPON!

WE'LL PIERCE THROUGH THE HEAVENS, DIMENSIONS, AND TIME ITSELF!

WE'LL SHOW YOU OUR PATH THROUGH FORCE
    THIS IS THE GURREN-DAN WAY!

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!?

Default Poetry Corner

I don't care
    I won't fear
    I will dare
    I think I can bear
    But I won't cry in despair

I don't care
    I won't fear
    Of death and pain
    Of bloodshed and angst
    Of rage and fury
    Of vengeance and rebellious

I don't care
    I won't fear
    I will dare
    I think I can bear
    But I won't cry in despair

Banned

Default Poetry Corner

dratinihaunter13:good message, the poem is good, but a little off in a few lines. but I'm not one to actually advocate line strength seeing my prose and poetry is quite often random ^^;; But as my 11th grade english teacher (whoo that's two years past, yet I remember what he said. why can't my memory work for my PRESENT day classes instead ~_~), structure structure AND STRUCTURE. err that's what he said.

Wolf-sama: long time no see or what not. I love the imagery in your poetry. Its the type of imagery that isn't direct imagery. IT stays muddled in the background and strikes out at you by staying hidden yet visible. err wait that didn't make sense ~_~ but go figure. its me whose talking ^^;;

HLSOE: first of all, PLEASEEEE don't use black color in any of tpm's forums just for the sake of it being incredibly hard to read. at least for me ^^;; Second of all, they were good poems. and don't worry about punctuation. Poetry is a form, that can do with AND without punctuation. But you did have a few errors in spelling and such. Which it can't do with. just saying ja ne. poems are a tad bit small, so just proof read.

burakkichu: aww, I actually felt your dream . And I hope you can solve your problems in life as well.

Count von Dark: hmm, I think I understand. But i'm not exactly sure. also if you meant to use "fear" and "bear" as part of your rhyming structure, its a bit off. seeing fear (pronounced-fee-er) would actually rhyme with seer or near rather than BEAR (pronounced-bay-air ) which would rhyme more with AIR and CARE and dare aned such. well more or less. but aside from that. it was nice.

now onto my own idiocy :-D
    i doubt anyone is smart enough to get this :-P (j/k)
    its something I wrote up a long while ago. i'm trying out my hand and free-style as in non-nomenclature rhyming structure and more free range. it doesn't flow as well as some of my other poetry (which incidentally never did flow ) but meh its a try. also its a bit long.

Sorrow
    ~~~

Stone and Dust
    Let crumble and disappear
    Gone my Trust
    My heart was given
    To you
    My love
    Yet you tore it apart
    Stone to Dust

Ink and Blot
    Let erase and expunge
    You let me Rot
    My Soul I gave
    Into your
    Two Hands.
    Yet you spat on it
    Ink To Blot

Drink and Sot
    Let strip and tear
    Yet you let me pour ‘nother lot.
    My reason I gave dearly
    Towards your
    Very Trust.
    Yet you let me drink and drink
    Drink To Sot

Stone To Dust
    Stone To Dust
    Gone the structure
    Of mind
    Gone the finality
    And strength
    Of this heart Everlast
    Stone And Dust
    Stone And Dust

Ink To Blot
    Ink To Blot
    Rubbed away my
    very thoughts
    Rubbed away my
    Simple emotion
    And hope Everlast
    Ink And Blot
    Ink And Blot
    Drink To Sot
    Drink To Sot
    Ebbed away the shores
    Of my heart
    Ebbed away the fort
    Of mind
    Ebbed away little and
    Last
    Ebbed away Everlast
    Drink And Sot
    Drink And Sot

Gone my love
    Am I to you
    Gone my love
    Are you to me.
    I fool myself
    Allowing this.
    Gone my love
    Gone my love.
    Left to rot
    Left to blot
    Left A sot
    Left in Dust
    Gone my love the
    Stone of heart
    Gone my love the
    Ink of thought
    Gone my love the
    Drink of sense
    Gone my love the
    Sense of thought
    Gone my lo…ve

Gone Am I
    Gone Am I
    Trust and Such
    Such and Trust
    Gone Am I
    Gone Am I
    Adieu to life
    Bring the rope
    Bring the knife
    Adieu to life
    Adieu to life

Gone Am I
    Gone Am I
    Bring the noose
    Bring the Dagger
    Adieu to life
    Adieu to life
    Gone Am I
    Heart and All
    All and Heart
    Gone Am I
    Gone Am I

Darkness tremble
    Light become
    I come to thee
    Heart Atremble
    I come to Thee
    My love at last
    I come to thee
    At last my love.
    Fifteen to twenty
    The years we have
    Not seen each other.
    Fifteen to twenty
    It might have been.
    You still remain the
    Beauty as ever
    Still the beauty
    Splendor.
    I now am the man
    So old. I now am the man
    So old. My heart at mayhap
    Be young, at least I hope.
    Yet my body frail
    And my mind even more
    I come to Thee in the end
    Yet my love, Gone I am
    In this place of light
    Gone I am.

Tell me what ya think ^__________________________^

Elite Trainer

Default Poetry Corner

prof.jbwolf: great poem, i love the words you used to write it and the process of pain becoming someone, why that someone keeps acting the way they do. really cool, i like it =)

burakkichu: the 3 words per line structure was interesting to read, and i love the scene that the poem depicts. powerful dream too, and i'm glad life opened for the speaker. maybe it's just being optimistic, but i do believe good things happen out of all kinds of bad situations.

tyger: well i usually read into these things too much, but here's how i read it. The speaker's heart is broken by another, like a stone crumbling to dust, and the poem goes on to show how love is gone (with great imagery, may i add). the way the speaker's love broke the heart though, was by dying i think. we get going towards the end where the speaker has aged, time has passed, and he goes to his love, an old man. yet his heart still young because he still loves her. the way he goes to his love is suicide with that noose and dagger talk. "Gone I am" would mean more something like 'gone from this world' than 'gone from his love', i think. and he's in a place of light, and here comes probably the biggest stretch i'm pulling here, he's in this place of light that is heaven or something like it (could be the light a fire makes, but i don't think so). He killed himself though, but the reason he still goes to a place of light is because he did it out of grief and love. completely wrong? well i'm willing to take that chance! ^_^ that's the way i read it anyway, wouldn't surprise if it didn't agree with the poet's intent ^^;;. i liked it any way ya look at it!

the corner's starting to slip off the pages here, so here's a little resuscitation poem.

--
    'Awake in Wait'

Listen. Is there any silence?
    Are we all still sweethearts with violence?
    If so, please do not awake me.
    I fear the world may mistake me.

Mistake me as someone who lifted a lash,
    To see all the martyrs of chaos and cash.
    They may think that they are, yet know that they're not.
    Have more been shot?

A stupid question, my apologies.
    I forget the frequency of your miseries.
    How shameful to say 'my country tis of thee.'
    Sour land of trickery, one none can bear to see.

Why waste my time with this doom awaiting,
    This world, to the very end, will remain debating...
    Over what color eyes are worthy of praise.
    Over when we should calm and when we should craze.

Why waste my eyes, leave them shut tight.
    I'm scared of what's left, of what we think is right.
    Yet I remain in this punishment permanent.
    Immediately! To the heights of the firmament!

Though without helping, I cannot flee.
    Woe, they are human. Exactly,
    Like...
    Me.

dratini by day

haunter by night

Best. Forum. Ever.

Banned

Default Poetry Corner

dh: woah. well you got most of what i meant. now onto yer poem.
    very intrinsic and uhh reminded me of the song by Nas, don't know if you know of it or not. "One mic" i read it in that sense as well ^^;;. love the absence of imagery. its just words that kinda strike out and hurt, well in a good way.

now onto me
    ~~~

Yes
    It's me
    little old me
    boy who once was free
    yes
    its me
    little old me

Don't know
    what to say
    in this world of fray
    i'm yet a boy, stuck amidst
    everythign that goes awry
    Don't know
    what to say
    when i look through
    when i look through
    this.. this...this
    world of feys

yes
    its me
    a little boy
    who could have been a man
    who would have lead a clan
    who could have been a man
    leader of men and all
    shoulders abreast and tall
    yes its me
    a little boy

my mouth stutters
    my lips freeze
    for words come to cease
    world of jargon and song
    mixing matching right and wrong
    size i am of a man
    stature of a behemoth
    one of size one of strength
    makes a two, but naturally
    everything comes in threes
    but i'm yet only
    one of size
    one of strength
    yet none of
    intellect
    my mouth
    stut..stutt.stutters
    my lips
    freeze

yes its me
    just a little
    boy?

Elite Trainer

Default Poetry Corner

yea i remember that song. with the sirens in the background i think, cool that you thought of it that way. I rap a lot so huzzah ^_^. i liked that words you used in that poem, and how you showed how "little" the narrator is and how he could have been big. Nice poem =).

here's one -
    --

"A Raindrop's Cry Too Late"

Plummet from the summit of the sun.
    Streaking lists of meaningless reasons.

Trailing failure tails through the air.
    Tears in a field of gray failing to care.

Searing towards and reaching for the ground.
    Clearer sight, frightened of what they've found.

Indeed, the eyes are widest when they splash.
    Bleed beneath the new costume of ash.

Where did the last raindrop hit?
    Where did the glass teardrops quit?

On what surface did the drop bid goodbye?
    With what purpose did it stop fit to dry?

At what moment could sunlight peek to pry?
    In what moment would some light leak from high?

Where was the gleam
    Of the nearest sunbeam
    That could lead
    To the cease
    Of the last
    Raindrop's
    Cry?
    --
    not very many poems that are happy, more downbeat melancholy tones really. it's always like that. Maybe cuz poetry can be a very popular method of venting pent up feelings and thoughts, but when one thinks happy thoughts or feels happy they don't need to hold it in. just a thought!

dratini by day

haunter by night

Best. Forum. Ever.

Banned

Default Poetry Corner

aw... all these poems are so beautiful... ;_; and touching... I love poetry!!!

Here's a stupid little poem I wrote once for school:

I see them coil around the trees
    Right outside my school
    And soar about in the clouds
    The soft white land they rule
    I hear them whisper words of wisdom
    softly in my ear
    Wings, clawed hands, and large cat eyes
    I find all their features dear
    Their breath a deadly flame
    and their roar fearfully great
    many people find me crazy to call them my playmates
    "Dragons aren't real" they say
    but I must disagree
    For I have found dragons do exist
    Thiving inside of me.

Banned

Default Poetry Corner

dh: nicely done. kinda touching

SM: hey, its been a long time since I saw your face around here, wb. that is if it is the old SM ^^;; and not someone else. I liked your poem. it was shooo cute ^_^

meh i'm in a cyber cafe so i don't have anything with me or not time to actually write something up. so lemme just put something up in about a few short minutes.

the title is

CRAPPY
    ~~~

Hey.
    Guess who I am?
    a little thing left by a boy
    named Sam

Hey
    guess where I stay?
    in a little corner stuck under
    a shoe of a girl named kay.

Hey guess what I see
    a little, well a big place
    called the ground, see

HEY
    its just me
    crappy crappy
    me

~~

err that was odd and stupid hehe ^_^_ *runs*

oh yeah it was CRAPPY

Banned

Default Poetry Corner

Yep, it's me! Back from the dead and back into being obsessed with Pokemon!

Aw, your poem's not bad! It's cute! ^^ It also made me laugh!

Banned

Default Poetry Corner

Hey, I was reading all these poems and I was...inspired, how you say, so I wrote something for this. The first poem is just plain weird, but the second is kind of inspiring, I guess you could call it. They're both short, but..hey, I'm new to the poetry thing.

Ooga Looga Shmooga, Zippety Dippety Da,
    Shmickey Mickey Zickey, Doopty Loopty La.
    Quizzy Dizzy Uumpa, Bibbity Bobbity Boo,
    Ickty Bickty Uweega, Kookry Dookry Doo.

...Disturbing, huh? Just a peek into the inner sanctums of my psyche in it's most twisted state. Here's the second one, entitled, "Creation".

From the microscopic atom
    To the largest lofty tree.
    The most miniature insect
    To the complicated me.

Order in the cosmos,
    Even in the tiny ant,
    So how could all this order
    Be just an accident?

Whaddya Think? Coming soon, "Ode To A Saiyan".

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Poetry Corner

Just, reminding people, there's always the option to post your Poetry here ^^ I would write a poem, but I just suck, so um, I know a Haiku has like 17 Syllables and erm, I hate analyzing them cause school sucked thee fun out of them. I guess this is a glorified bump though...

Oh well um, here's a Limerick

There once was a man from France
    Who went and put wine in his pants
    The Wine went and ran
    Down the back of his pants
    And the police dragged 'im without a chance

i ♥ f a n f i c f o r u m Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Poetry Corner

XD XD Oz! Great limerick its kinda lame but cool at the same time!

Anyway I've been writing a lot latley. A few songs have really inspired me. Like Papa Roach Time and Time Again. I heard that song once and I'm like woah man this stuff ROCKS! So basically it sort of inspired the style of this next song.

^_^

~Mist

And It Will Heal Through Time ~ Written By Mist

"Dont worry it's happened before
    I'm sure he's in a better place
    Time will make things better
    Over time it will feel better
    It will heal over time."

They watch all standing around
    As tears roll down his face
    They notice as he sinks down to the ground
    Now hes out of place
    There is no answer to a question of why
    The situation a disgrace
    There is no healer not even time
    Life moves at a faster pace
    And

Time is the worst of all healers
    Its getting worse than before
    Thinking about it just hurts it even more

What is gone
    Its just not fair
    Its gone for good
    Gone for good
    And time wont change a thing
    Because time cant help a thing

Thinking about it just hurts it even more

Its hard to wake up now
    The world has stopped
    Each day goes by somehow
    While his body has flopped
    His mind has paused trapped in a frame
    His spirit is dropped
    The house needs cleaning, the window a new pane
    The floor to be mopped

Thinking about it just hurts more

Its been so long since the
    Will he ever drop the topic
    Its time to move on my freind
    Will he ever get over it
    Turn away look forward to what is ahead
    The first step is the worst of it
    You cant bring back someone who's dead
    Wake up and face it

And its just not fair
    You cant bring back

♥ Funeral for a Friend . Opeth . Faith No More . Dream Theater ♥
    Unown ! Award (2008) for Amazing Comback!
    Unown S Award (2009) for Smile
    2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

i ♥ f a n f i c f o r u m Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Poetry Corner

^_^ glad 2 c dis is coming back. Yeah I always write songs and I HOPE they contribute towards poetry. Here's this song i wrote all about how my best friend was sort of hanging out with other peeps and not with me much.

~Mist

Unwelcomed

Inseprable those two were
    Together every day and more
    Brother and sister like superglue
    I remember when it was me and you...

Best friends
    You were my best friend
    You showed me more than I ever could have seen
    No end
    Our friendship had no end
    Do you have any idea to me what you mean?

But as the days go by..
    Less and less i see of you
    And im beginning to feel

Unwelcomed
    Am I still like super glue
    Am I still stuck to you
    This has been emptied
    I still think of you the same way
    But now I'm being pushed away by you
    And now I feel unwelcomed

Forever
    Thats how long I thought It'd last
    Those thoughts now hang in the past
    Together
    Why aren't we like that no more
    Have we walked out seperate doors

And as the days do pass
    Will our friendship last
    Because now I start to feel

Unwelcomed
    Am I still stuck to you
    This has been emptied
    And now I feel unwelcomed

And how does it come down to this?
    We had a close relationship
    All the times and all those years
    All the laughter all the tears

I'll write our names in a circle
    Hope that we can be like that
    Because a circle goes on forever

But I still feel

Unwelcomed
    Am I still stuck to you
    This has been emptied
    And now I feel
    Unwelcomed
    Am I still stuck to you
    This has been emptied
    But now I'm being pushed away
    And now I get the hint at last
    Is our friendship in the past?
    And am I
    Unwelcomed.

♥ Funeral for a Friend . Opeth . Faith No More . Dream Theater ♥
    Unown ! Award (2008) for Amazing Comback!
    Unown S Award (2009) for Smile
    2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

old guy Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Default Poetry Corner

yeah, i hope it comes back....meh, i'll be posting stuff here anyhow. ^^ sad poem....unwelcomed. =/ good too.

when did i write this? oh yeah...wednesday.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

can't work today.
    so unhappy.
    nothing's wrong.
    yet everything's wrong.

i can't "work it out".
    there's nothing to deal with.
    i can't cope with it.
    though i should be able to.

don't ask me what's wrong.
    my life is normal.
    everything's okay.
    just don't go away.

let's talk about other things.
    make-believe and fancies and far-off adventures.
    our imaginations can be limitless.
    in a way, it makes me glad.
    I.P.D. Reyvateil: "How many people cry for you when you die?"
    Luca Trulyworth: "I dunno, 10?"

Banned

Default Poetry Corner

This was just some poem I wrote when I was bored for a song... nothing special, really.

Standing here I see
    the mirror holding my memories

The stars have begun to bleed
    I don't know where to go
    I'm all alone

I scream my hatred of the world away
    and dream of your face

You had always been there
    to pick me up
    and take me home

And now that you're gone
    this lonely mirror is your only memory

Everything seems so far away
    lost in time

Everything is a mirror
    a reflection of our pasts

The road of heaven has betrayed me
    and the shadows have welcomed me
    but i had known the way

But now that you're gone
    that path has disappeared
    from our world

And no longer can you come
    and take me home.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Poetry Corner

Now that I'm alerted to this place, I shall submit my first piece to the Poetry Centre.

She always wants you
    But she never gives you what you want
    She calls for you
    But she never comes to you
    She speaks to you
    But she never listens to you
    She never leaves your side
    But she's never there

She leaves you full yet empty
    Happy yet sad
    Fulfilled yet incomplete
    Aware yet clueless
    Everywhere yet nowhere
    Everything yet nothing
    Thriving yet insane
    Alive yet dead

Her eyes are poison
    Her hair is fire
    Her skin is ice
    Her blood is lava
    Her flesh is stone

Her name...is Love

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Poetry Corner

Okay, that one was a little heavy. Here's something light. This is a screwed up version of The Zephyr Song by The Red Hot Chili Peppers. I love this song, but I just thought I'd think of what it would have looked like if they write it 10 years ago, like something that would have been on BloodSugarSexMagik.

Nibbling on her hair now
    Flashing eyelids at your head now
    Her top is wet but don't you fret
    You can see right through now
    She's so hot and she's game for you
    She don't smile but will today

Fly away on my zephyr
    I feel it more than ever
    And under clouds and splendour
    We'll be naked together
    In the waters where I centre my emotion
    Our skin against the sky
    Fly away on my zephyr
    Making love forever

I know it's kinda dirty, but the entire BloodSugarSexMagik album was! It was damn funky, funny and so cool. So I hope you guys like this. Kind of the anti to the poem above.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Poetry Corner

Just a thought:

I think this place would be cooler if we called it Dead Poets Soceity. That movie was cool.

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Poetry Corner

No.

That movie just totally sucked... *Shudders*

I had to study it in year 10 and it has to be one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my life. It goes to join Maid In Manhattan, Sweet Home Alabama, and a TON of other movies I have seen. It wasn't inspirational, the boys were IDIOTS! Robin Williams wasn't funny and Carpe Diem still has me shuddering to this day.

Besides I think one part of the Simpsons summed it up

Setting - Teacher of the year awards where they review tapes

Teacher: Well just like in Dead Poets Society I try to teach my students through humor! *Cut to classroom where he's being a total idiot*

Judge: Burn that one too.

Judge 2: A whole generation of teachers ruined by Robin Williams....

*Psycho mode off*