Thread: Tales of the Yin Yang Islands. - Prologue and Tale 1

YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Tales of the Yin Yang Islands. - Prologue and Tale 1

Prologue:

You are in a Bar, along with your Pokémon - Spoink and Monferno. You sit down in your usual corner, away from the hustle in at the bar. You always lived a quiet life, a simple office worker on a simple 9 - 5 schedule. You once loved a person, and that person loved you, until they shredded your heart and left you. Yes, I know it's ironic for me to tell you about yourself. Think of it as a reflection.

A man hobbles over to you, takes out a piece of paper, and gives you a rather heavy book. He tucks the paper away with the faintest of a smile spreading across his lips. You weigh the book, and flick through it. There is an index labling 100 sections - But the other pages are empty. You finish your drink, then return home. It intrigues you, but for now you will leave it be. There is no title on the book, nor an author.

The time is 2:47. You wake up to hear a humming. You rush downstairs and find there is nothing that could have caused it. You clamber back upstairs and find the book is open on your bed, and glowing. Realising it is the source of the humming, you look at it. The first section glows, and you touch it. A jerking sensation occurs, and you are thrust into the book. Spoink and Monferno both wake up, and find the book. They both read the front cover and author grimly:

'Tales of the Yin Yang Islands'
    'Author - Unknown'

Tale 1 - Welcome to Yin Yang Islands
    You find yourself in front of a large castle.It towers over the area, giving of a white shine. The towers are topped in yellow, reflecting light in all directions. Looking around, you see a crystal moat and a brigde across. Intrigued once again, you take a step towards it, advoiding stepping on any flowers, a near impossible challenge with such nature. As you reach the bridge, a pair of Meowth Places spears in front of you. You stop, and they ask what you are doing here. You briefly explain how you just landed here, and after muttering something about a prophecy and about tricks to gain entry, they decide to let you see the king of the castle.
    You enter a golden room, and you are blinded by light. The King looks down on you, and bellows
    'I AM ARCEUS, RULER OF THIS LAND. WHAT HAST BROUGHT YOU HERE!' You explain the situation, and then arceus adresses one of the guards. 'IS THIS TRUE!'. The guard looks shaken, but manages to squeak out an answer.
    'Y..y..y..yes sire'.
    'VERY WELL THEN!' Arceus looks down, and speaks in a more gentle voice. 'YOU SEE, PROPHECY FORTOLD A SAVOUR WOULD COME DOWN TO THESE ISLANDS. THERE WOULD BE 99 BATTLES, INCLUDING THE FINAL BATTLE. WE HAVE HAD 98 SO FAR BETWEEN THE MANY DOMINANT POWERS HERE, BUT THE GRAND FINALE HAS YET TO ARRIVE.'
    'Dominant... races?' you ask.
    'IN THESE ISLANDS ARE 17 TYPES. WE NORMAL ARE THE PURIST, AND AIM TO DEFEND THE YIN YANG ISLANDS. THE OTHER 16 FORM THE OTHER TYPES, AND HAVE BEEN BICKERING AND WAGING WAR FOR SOME TIME. THERE IS SAID TO BE ANOTHER TYPE, BUT ONLY AINCIENT RACES HAD ACCESS TO THEM.' Arcues stopped here, and pondered on something. 'I SHALL SHOW YOU THE 98 BATTLES, AND RETURN YOU TO YOUR WORLD, SO LONG AS YOU COME HERE EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. AND ONE OTHER THING...'

A blinding light washes over you, and stings crazily. You kneel down, and start to cry. a tear hits the ground, and the light stops along with the pain.

'JUDGEMENT. MY WAY OF CHECKING PEOPLE FOR CLEANLINESS. MAKE SURE YOU RETURN, AND TELL NOT ONE PERSON!'

You get lurched out of the book, and land in your room. Nothing has changed, apart from the number of times you have been regurjitated out of a book and onto your pokémon. You open the book, everything you said is there, as is the words of Arceus. You quickly fall asleep, hoping it is a very bad dream in a very bad dream.

You wake up to your alarm, and hurl the book open. The page is filled in, and it is still the same. The closing words are etched into your mind, 'Tell not one person'......

Tale 2 - The Powers of war - Fire and Ice
    Coming soon...

------------------------

I'm hoping to do 1/2 Tales a week, so stay tuned ^_^
    Last edited by Dogfish44; 4th May 2010 at 03:03 PM.
    Back bitches