Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official Searching for a Fic thread

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: The Official Searching for a Fic thread

Don't worry about the necro; it's stickied for a reason. ^_^

I believe you're referring to The Misdventures of Hiro by The Decapitated Mole. That fic was posted several times as he wrote and rewrote it... here's the final version.

The Misadventures of Hiro

If you'd like an older version of it, I'll see what I can do. Feel free to ask, as we're happy to help.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu View Post
    Don't worry about the necro; it's stickied for a reason. ^_^

I believe you're referring to The Misdventures of Hiro by The Decapitated Mole. That fic was posted several times as he wrote and rewrote it... here's the final version.

The Misadventures of Hiro

If you'd like an older version of it, I'll see what I can do. Feel free to ask, as we're happy to help.
    Yeah that's the one, thanks for the help. Was just looking for his animated version of it. I'm sure a little searching through his profile will lead me to it. His profile led to a website so I think I'm on the money now

Yep, few clicks here and a few click here and I found it. A shame though, looks like he abandoned the project after Ep2
    Last edited by Whisper in the Wind; 23rd March 2007 at 11:55 AM.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Oh, the animated one! Hang on a sec...

Jimm's Website

Click on "Flash" on the left, then the link for "The MisAdventures of Hiro." He never went past two episodes (apparently Newgrounds gave him bad reviews), but you should be able to see what he completed.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu View Post
    Oh, the animated one! Hang on a sec...

Jimm's Website

Click on "Flash" on the left, then the link for "The MisAdventures of Hiro." He never went past two episodes (apparently Newgrounds gave him bad reviews), but you should be able to see what he completed.
    Heh, you replied around the time I found it and was editting it into my previous post. And yeah, I think that Newground thing rings a bell actually, bit of a shame really, I guess a big factor in parody humour is if you don't know what it's parodying then it's a fair bit harder to enjoy. Oh well, at least I've found it now. Thanks again.

Chairman Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    (Donator)

So, it seems that this thread is now going to direct people who ask here for fics to other sites, eh? Well then...

I am thinking of working on a Pokemon trainer fic to post here, where the main character trains almost nothing but a certain type of Pokemon in order to compete in leagues based on that type(sort of like Misty and her desire to become a Water Pokemon master, but I'm not going to do a Water theme, of course ) and I wanted to do a bit of research. Therefore, two requests:

(1) I'd like to read more trainer fics besides Pokemonese and The Emerald League(which I remember was popular when Ruby and Sapphire were just glimmers in the developers' eyes, iirc). Fan Pokemon are allowed in it, because I'm going to make up an entire new region in a possible sequel for my character to travel and it has new Pokemon beyond Sinnoh's ecosystem.

(2) The fanfic that inspired me to do this story was a story about a boy who was raised on Cinnabar Island and mentored under Blaine and he went through Kanto seeking to train fire Pokemon and become a fire master. Just like the character in my future project, he was unable to procure the right type in the beginning(starting out with a Pikachu ala Ash) and he met a cute girl who helped him train for the Pewter Gym. Later, he trades a Pidgeotto to a man for his Charmander, and finds out that person he traded to was a member of Team Rocket. I think the main hero was called Blaze. Anyone who knows about that story, can you PM me the link to where you saw it?

Thanks to all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorak
    Ever wonder what it'd be like if a person who could barely speak English were to rom-hack one of the Pokemon games, replace the characters, plot, and Pokemon with ones of his own creation, while at the same time making a terrible mockery of the English language as a whole?

Of course not. Because that'd suck really, really hard. Unfortunately, even though you didn't think about it, this guy did.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Uh... TMAOH was on this site. The only thing that wasn't on TPM was the animated stuff, but that was entirely based off his fic here. I figured it was worth stretching the limits for something that really was a TPM project.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Chairman Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    (Donator)

Oh, sorry about that. Nevermind then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorak
    Ever wonder what it'd be like if a person who could barely speak English were to rom-hack one of the Pokemon games, replace the characters, plot, and Pokemon with ones of his own creation, while at the same time making a terrible mockery of the English language as a whole?

Of course not. Because that'd suck really, really hard. Unfortunately, even though you didn't think about it, this guy did.

Banned

I'd like to put up a message for anyone who wants to read "City of Souls". (If you indeed want to - it wasn't one of my best.)

It may be missing here, but it is readable on another site.

I don't believe I am able to post the link to another site on TPM. However, anyone is free to PM me, and I'll give them the link.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Since it got deleted during the server move, Dark Sage, you're always free to repost it. You could even choose to post the whole thing at once without waiting for replies, and one of us can promptly move it to the archives. Just wanted to let you know that you have options for getting it back on TPM.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

i ♥ f a n f i c f o r u m Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

You know what - I am going through a really nostalgic phase right now and there are heaps of stories i'd love to re-read.

So if you can find me these, I will love you forever:

1. MPCEL
    2. Damons Menace (which i never ever finished reading)
    3. The Adventures of Tyler.... or something , by Silver Machop
    4. What was the first Captain Pringle story he wrote? Before TEL... there was another one but I really have blanked out. Don't know what it was called or where it is. That, and just so you all know, those TEL links, none of them link to TEL.

haha

♥ Funeral for a Friend . Opeth . Faith No More . Dream Theater ♥
    Unown ! Award (2008) for Amazing Comback!
    Unown S Award (2009) for Smile
    2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

TEL chapters 1-38: http://p218.ezboard.com/fultimateboa...t=361&stop=368 (I know you didn't ask for TEL, but ha, this link from a previous post does link to TEL, so there! ) Re: MPCEL and Damon's Menace, I've asked dh if he has them on his computer, so we'll see how that goes
    Last edited by mistysakura; 30th October 2008 at 11:51 PM.
    mistysakura
    2007 Golden Pens: Co-winner of Best Poem (Rain Eternal) and Best Reviewer
    2007 Silver Pencils: Winner of Best Poem (Death Sonnet -- Untitled)
    2004 Silver Pencils: Winner of Nicest Fanficcer & Least Likely Couple (with PancaKe)
    Former 3-time winner of Most Dedicated Reader at the Fanfiction Forums
    Also Keeper of the 'A'ctivator Unown

Brimstone Diamonds. The Artist. Tightrope. Solitude. Autopsy.
    Glitter (one-shot).
    Listen to Rain Eternal -- a song.

Random thought: 2+2=5.

Master Trainer

Haha . Well, what about Michaels Pokemon Journey by Captain Pringle?

gosh that was the first story i read on these boards. hahaha
    so long ago!!! back when it was thriving.

2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

UBOCS! Man, that place used to be cool.

Who wrote The Adventures of Firewood Ketchup and His Friends Cloudy and Sock (or something to that effect)? Was that Ceeps too?
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

Master Trainer

UBOCS was the bomb diggity. I remember for a while I was there more than TPM. Gosh, those were good old days.

Yes yes Firewood Ketchup was a work of CP. I remember Michaels Pokemon Journey was like, one of the first stories I read on these forums. Ahhhh memories! I was merely 12 at the time! Goodness, that is almost 7 years ago. I AM SO OLD T_____T

Anyway - I still want to find Silver Machop's stuff. I remember that the adventures of tyler and magmar was on fanfiction for a while ... I wonder if its still there.... Gosh Fanfiction.net is terrible...

OH LOOK WHAT I FOUND:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/647911/1...ler_and_Magmar

THE ADVENTURES OF TYLER AND MAGMAR! OH MY GOODNESS I AM SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW!!! I'll never get anything done now that I have this to read!

2009 Silver Pencils:

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Does anyone know where I can read Captain Fringles comedy fic about Firewood Ketchup and all this other sweet shit?

Master Trainer

look what i found...

THE ADVENTURES OF FIREWOOD KETCHUP!!

http://ultimateboardofcoolstuff.yuku...ds.html?page=1

brilliaaant!

2009 Silver Pencils:

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I love you.

Master Trainer

Hey Ada (or anyone really), how do you use wayback machine to seach up the fanfic forum?? Grrr at not being able to figure it out.

2009 Silver Pencils:

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

It's rather difficult, because the Wayback Machine often struggles at archiving forum pages in an easy-to-access manner. Oftentimes the main forum page will be archived perfectly well, but none of the links to subforums or threads work.

My most common trick? If you can figure out what the old thread URL was, try searching that in Wayback.

Finding the URL, though, can be difficult. You'll likely have to access multiple editions of the forum until you find one that will let you in the Fanfic section. There is an alternative if you're feeling lucky. If the Wayback Machine ever archived a version of the forum with the fic you want as the most recent post, then you'll be able to get the link from that. That should make searching significantly easier.

This is Ada, signing off.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

The best way I've found to look at old forum posts on the wayback machine is to go to the main forum (on the 'chine), find the forum you want to go to and copy the URL from it. Take out all the web.archive.org stuff from the address so you have the original, and search for that on the wayback machine to get to the forum. This usually works for individual topics also, I did it for fanfic a while ago. Read the never ending funny story again, man it's been a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by PancaKe
    The decapitated mole is a fruit loop.

You heard it here first, folks!

3-time winner of Fanfic's "Oddest Writer" award!

Knight of I.N.D.E.E.D.

Master Trainer

Hey guys!

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of Ryan's (Last Exile/Citris Crush Chikorita) story When Destinies Collide. I was reading through really old topics on the forum the other day and saw it mentioned heaps, especially in mine and Ryan's crossover fic. But I couldn't find it.

Anyone know where it is?

xo

2009 Silver Pencils:

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

OMG it's When Destinies Collide on our very own forum! Just when I'd given up on finding old fics actually on TPM, hehe. This makes me remember how much I am in debt to that fic. It was the first fanfic I read, and showed me just how awesome fanfics can be. It kept me hanging around TPM for years. So although Ryan's pretty much disowned the fic now, thanks Ryan
    mistysakura
    2004 Silver Pencils: Winner of Nicest Fanficcer & Least Likely Couple (with PancaKe)

Glitter (one-shot).

Master Trainer

Yeah I've been searching through the really old topics as well. Oh goodness, just looking at old replies and discussions makes me so nostalgic. AUGH the days when there were pokemon fics, and people read and replied!

2009 Silver Pencils:

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Captain Pringle sent Tara and I copies of his old fics, so I thought I'd share! TEL should be required reading for all trainer ficcers -- best battle scenes ever.

The Emerald League
    The Adventures of Firewood Ketchup and His Friends, Cloudy and Sock
    Michael's Pokemon Journey
    mistysakura

Glitter (one-shot).

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

*poofs in*

I come seeking those who hopefully have a better memory then I. This will require you to seek back to around 2002-2003. Though it may have been earlier. I remember reading a story about Ash and co. getting dumped in New York city. This was during the Orange League as Brock was not around. They got there through some means of Prof. Oak opening a portal. It started with Team Rocket snatching Pikachu and running through it. Ash and Misty followed and of course chaos ensued. I hope someone else remembers this story as I do not recall the name, nor the author (yes I fail ¬¬'''). I could give more details on the story if needed. It was fairly popular and it was written by a female writer on behalf of her friend. It was completed and a sequel started but only got maybe 2-3 chapters.

I'd be ever thankful if you could find it, but I won't be surprised if you can't. I'd just like to see if it could be found, as my searches have failed (wayback and me do not agree). Thanks for any sort of answer!
    Whoot.
    *Dad talking about his filling.*
    PL: Did it fall out?
    Dad: Yeah! ****in' thing only lasted two days.
    PL: Huh.
    Dad. I can stick my tongue down in my hole--
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

Mom: We're one warped family.
    *through hiccups*
    PL: I didn't know you were that flexible!

Winner of five Awards in RPG, including Best Writer.
    Winner of 2009 Golden Pen for Most Original Fiction

PSN: River_in_Time
    XBOX tag: DameSquishdalot

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Well, this is 'any sort of answer' - I think it rings a vague bell for me, but honestly that could just be my memory bullshitting me. In any case, I don't remember the title or the author.

Can you give us more info about it? Maybe it'll trigger someone's memory, if not mine.

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Surely can give you more info,

After they got dumped there Ash and Misty tried to follow TR and ended up in a alley beside some store. As Pokémon was still quite popular then they got some rude comments from the adults as they thought they were taking the game waaaaaaay too seriously. I believe they got into a fight with TR as usual and got Pikachu back that way. A male teen witnessed the fight I think and decided to help them out. They decided to play Pikachu off as a hologram.

They were stuck there and some how or another they attracted way to much attention as Bulbasaur (and a few others but I can't remember) got stolen and were going to be dissected for science. They didn't believe they were Pokémon, just mutated animals or something. Ended up Charizard escaped from Ash and was rampaging around New York (he wasn't listening to Ash yet). Ash re-captured him and got back home with the teen in tow. The teen told his not too bright mother he was going off to the 'special' school that Ash and Misty went to. So he could learn to make holograms and such. The sequel starts off from there but like I said it was never finished.

Yeah... help the memory any?
    Whoot.
    *Dad talking about his filling.*
    PL: Did it fall out?
    Dad: Yeah! ****in' thing only lasted two days.
    PL: Huh.
    Dad. I can stick my tongue down in my hole--
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

Mom: We're one warped family.
    *through hiccups*
    PL: I didn't know you were that flexible!

Winner of five Awards in RPG, including Best Writer.
    Winner of 2009 Golden Pen for Most Original Fiction

PSN: River_in_Time
    XBOX tag: DameSquishdalot

Master Trainer

I've never heard of it sorry River.

I found this old fic the other day called Pichu and the Electric Gang of Raichu. It was on the fanfic section of the TPM main website in 2000, 2001, and it was rated 5 stars... although reading it, it didn't deserve 5 stars. Haha. Those fics were the n00biest.

But anyway, my point is that I found it because I typed it into google.

So yeah Another valuable resource!

2009 Silver Pencils:

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Question Re: The Official Searching for a Fic thread

Quote Originally Posted by mistysakura View Post
    Captain Pringle sent Tara and I copies of his old fics, so I thought I'd share! TEL should be required reading for all trainer ficcers -- best battle scenes ever.

The Emerald League
    The Adventures of Firewood Ketchup and His Friends, Cloudy and Sock
    Michael's Pokemon Journey
    Twitches eye, stupid computer... -_-' Ada why did you not just post them in the Archives quoting Captain Pringle or something?

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Mainly because it would take forever
    mistysakura

Glitter (one-shot).

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I have the emerald league in Word format. If it could be off any help?

(Yes I was a little obsessed, and still are, with trainerfics. So I copied every chapter in a word file, giving me some finished fic in word format. It was easier to print. Apologies.)

Master Trainer

Hey, MeLoVeGhOsTs; did you by any chance also copy any of dh13's fics? MPCEL or Damon's Quest? I'm craving to read those.

2009 Silver Pencils:

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Well, here's Damon's Menace from chapter 21 onwards... it's a shame that the URL that Martin gave to the previous chapters is broken now, but I'll try to track down the prior material later.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Master Trainer

I am so excited. Thank you!

2009 Silver Pencils:

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

I know someone said there's a version of the The Adventures Of Tyler and Magmar on FF.NET... but I'm looking for the Altered, LONGER version that was on the forums... if ANYONE can find it for me, I'd be very happy

Master Trainer

Oops... feel bad for not replying sooner.

The FF.net version is the only one we have at the moment. Sorry about that Meowth. If I find anything else I'll be sure to update.

2009 Silver Pencils:

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Two of my old fics have seemingly been in the voids of time. I thought it might be worth seeing if they exist in any form somewhere.

A Boy and His Bear
    and
    Monica's Army

I'm doubting it, but no harm in trying right?

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Hey guys. It's a bit of a long shot since it's been so long, but does anyone still have a copy of Captain Pringle's fanfics lying around? Looking mainly for The Emerald League, but if you got any of his other great fics, I'd appreciate it. Unfortunately all the links posted on this thread have expired. Going through a bit of a nostalgic period, would really love to re-read it . Cheers!

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Loupeitak View Post
    Hey guys. It's a bit of a long shot since it's been so long, but does anyone still have a copy of Captain Pringle's fanfics lying around? Looking mainly for The Emerald League, but if you got any of his other great fics, I'd appreciate it. Unfortunately all the links posted on this thread have expired. Going through a bit of a nostalgic period, would really love to re-read it . Cheers!
    Hey Loupeitak,

Long time since I've seen this thread active - and even longer time since I've seen anyone ask about The Emerald League, which was one of my favourite trainer fics from that era, too.

I don't have a copy of it to hand, and I don't know anyone who does. You could try contacting MLG who posted above saying she had TEL in a word doc, but that post itself was many years ago.

I did a forum search and couldn't find TEL. I thought I might be able to find it on the old ezboard from the 2002 era when we moved there briefly, but I can't access that URL and it has been excluded from the Wayback Machine. There is a thread here from 2012 that talks about how to view the old ezboard: you need to create an account with Yuku to be able to do it (which I can't be bothered doing), but that could be an option? The thread is here, if that helps.

Good luck, and if you do find it - please let us know in this thread. I, for one, would love to read TEL again.

Cheers,

Gavin

Lisa the Legend