Surely can give you more info,

After they got dumped there Ash and Misty tried to follow TR and ended up in a alley beside some store. As Pokémon was still quite popular then they got some rude comments from the adults as they thought they were taking the game waaaaaaay too seriously. I believe they got into a fight with TR as usual and got Pikachu back that way. A male teen witnessed the fight I think and decided to help them out. They decided to play Pikachu off as a hologram.

They were stuck there and some how or another they attracted way to much attention as Bulbasaur (and a few others but I can't remember) got stolen and were going to be dissected for science. They didn't believe they were Pokémon, just mutated animals or something. Ended up Charizard escaped from Ash and was rampaging around New York (he wasn't listening to Ash yet). Ash re-captured him and got back home with the teen in tow. The teen told his not too bright mother he was going off to the 'special' school that Ash and Misty went to. So he could learn to make holograms and such. The sequel starts off from there but like I said it was never finished.

Yeah... help the memory any?