Thread: The Official Searching for a Fic thread

Hybrid View

Chairman Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    (Donator)

Default Re: The Official Searching for a Fic thread

So, it seems that this thread is now going to direct people who ask here for fics to other sites, eh? Well then...

I am thinking of working on a Pokemon trainer fic to post here, where the main character trains almost nothing but a certain type of Pokemon in order to compete in leagues based on that type(sort of like Misty and her desire to become a Water Pokemon master, but I'm not going to do a Water theme, of course ) and I wanted to do a bit of research. Therefore, two requests:

(1) I'd like to read more trainer fics besides Pokemonese and The Emerald League(which I remember was popular when Ruby and Sapphire were just glimmers in the developers' eyes, iirc). Fan Pokemon are allowed in it, because I'm going to make up an entire new region in a possible sequel for my character to travel and it has new Pokemon beyond Sinnoh's ecosystem.

(2) The fanfic that inspired me to do this story was a story about a boy who was raised on Cinnabar Island and mentored under Blaine and he went through Kanto seeking to train fire Pokemon and become a fire master. Just like the character in my future project, he was unable to procure the right type in the beginning(starting out with a Pikachu ala Ash) and he met a cute girl who helped him train for the Pewter Gym. Later, he trades a Pidgeotto to a man for his Charmander, and finds out that person he traded to was a member of Team Rocket. I think the main hero was called Blaze. Anyone who knows about that story, can you PM me the link to where you saw it?

Thanks to all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorak
    Ever wonder what it'd be like if a person who could barely speak English were to rom-hack one of the Pokemon games, replace the characters, plot, and Pokemon with ones of his own creation, while at the same time making a terrible mockery of the English language as a whole?

Of course not. Because that'd suck really, really hard. Unfortunately, even though you didn't think about it, this guy did.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: The Official Searching for a Fic thread

Uh... TMAOH was on this site. The only thing that wasn't on TPM was the animated stuff, but that was entirely based off his fic here. I figured it was worth stretching the limits for something that really was a TPM project.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.