Thread: The Official Searching for a Fic thread

Hybrid View

Default Re: The Official Searching for a Fic thread

This thread has been dead for awhile, sorry to necro it but it's stickied so I assume it's okay.

Around about the time I pretty much 'left' these forums a guy was turning his fic into an animated series type deal. Lord help me but my memory is a mess, I can't remember the fic's name or the writer's name, nor do I really remember any details about the story aside from the fact that it was a "Parody" of the Game-storyline, iirc based on GSC. I'm really relying on the fact that this was turned into a crudely self-made animated series, and hoping it sparks someone's memory who knows what it was called.

When I left, iirc it was only an episode or two into production, I'm quite curious to see how far it went.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Don't worry about the necro; it's stickied for a reason. ^_^

I believe you're referring to The Misdventures of Hiro by The Decapitated Mole. That fic was posted several times as he wrote and rewrote it... here's the final version.

The Misadventures of Hiro

If you'd like an older version of it, I'll see what I can do. Feel free to ask, as we're happy to help.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu View Post
    Don't worry about the necro; it's stickied for a reason. ^_^

I believe you're referring to The Misdventures of Hiro by The Decapitated Mole. That fic was posted several times as he wrote and rewrote it... here's the final version.

The Misadventures of Hiro

If you'd like an older version of it, I'll see what I can do. Feel free to ask, as we're happy to help.
    Yeah that's the one, thanks for the help. Was just looking for his animated version of it. I'm sure a little searching through his profile will lead me to it. His profile led to a website so I think I'm on the money now

Yep, few clicks here and a few click here and I found it. A shame though, looks like he abandoned the project after Ep2
    Last edited by Whisper in the Wind; 23rd March 2007 at 11:55 AM.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Oh, the animated one! Hang on a sec...

Jimm's Website

Click on "Flash" on the left, then the link for "The MisAdventures of Hiro." He never went past two episodes (apparently Newgrounds gave him bad reviews), but you should be able to see what he completed.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu View Post
    Oh, the animated one! Hang on a sec...

Jimm's Website

Click on "Flash" on the left, then the link for "The MisAdventures of Hiro." He never went past two episodes (apparently Newgrounds gave him bad reviews), but you should be able to see what he completed.
    Heh, you replied around the time I found it and was editting it into my previous post. And yeah, I think that Newground thing rings a bell actually, bit of a shame really, I guess a big factor in parody humour is if you don't know what it's parodying then it's a fair bit harder to enjoy. Oh well, at least I've found it now. Thanks again.

Banned

I'd like to put up a message for anyone who wants to read "City of Souls". (If you indeed want to - it wasn't one of my best.)

It may be missing here, but it is readable on another site.

I don't believe I am able to post the link to another site on TPM. However, anyone is free to PM me, and I'll give them the link.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Since it got deleted during the server move, Dark Sage, you're always free to repost it. You could even choose to post the whole thing at once without waiting for replies, and one of us can promptly move it to the archives. Just wanted to let you know that you have options for getting it back on TPM.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

i ♥ f a n f i c f o r u m Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

You know what - I am going through a really nostalgic phase right now and there are heaps of stories i'd love to re-read.

So if you can find me these, I will love you forever:

1. MPCEL
    2. Damons Menace (which i never ever finished reading)
    3. The Adventures of Tyler.... or something , by Silver Machop
    4. What was the first Captain Pringle story he wrote? Before TEL... there was another one but I really have blanked out. Don't know what it was called or where it is. That, and just so you all know, those TEL links, none of them link to TEL.

haha

♥ Funeral for a Friend . Opeth . Faith No More . Dream Theater ♥
    Unown ! Award (2008) for Amazing Comback!
    Unown S Award (2009) for Smile
    2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Two of my old fics have seemingly been in the voids of time. I thought it might be worth seeing if they exist in any form somewhere.

A Boy and His Bear
    and
    Monica's Army

I'm doubting it, but no harm in trying right?

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013