Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Fanfiction Hall of Fame

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Default Re: The Fanfiction Hall of Fame, 3rd Biannual Election - Nomination Phase

Who's already in the Hall of Fame? I know mr_pikachu is there, but I missed the last election.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: The Fanfiction Hall of Fame, 3rd Biannual Election - Nomination Phase

IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Veteran Trainer

OK, then, my nomination goes to the devoted and Award-winning writer Chris 2.1.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

I'd like to nominate resident mod mistysakura, I am surprised that she is not on there yet. Though, well, I guess this is a relatively new feature. ^_^ She hasn't posted many stories lately, but if you take a look at some of her one shots you can tell the quality of her work. She has a very elegant writing style. Her E-zine articles are lovely, too, and the comics bring a smile to my face. I like her as a reader, because even though she sometimes takes a long time between responses, they are so thorough and insightful that I'd say they're enjoyable (and definitely helpful) to read.

There's one more person I'd like to nominate for being a fantastic reader and story writer, as well as an excellent E-zine article writer, but I'll save Lady Vulpix for next time.
    Last edited by Lune the Guardian; 22nd February 2009 at 12:17 AM.
    ~ Lune ~

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

There are a few people I'd like to nominate, but I think the most deserving at the moment, in my view, is Tara (PancaKe). A former mod of fanfic, she was a prolific writer during the 2001-03 era with her fic Lapras Valley High, its sequel LVH 2, its real-world spin-off Full Moon, era-definining smiley fic Living In Pichu's House, TFIBE (co-written with Last Exile/CCC/Ryan), and a smattering of other one-shots, lyrics and poems, including ~North~ and, more recently, Hiding Charlie.

Aside from her writing, she replies often to other people's fics, and has been exceptionally active in the Writer's Lounge since its inception, frequently beginning discussions and debates, not to mention creating Smiley Town (someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm relatively sure it was Tara who came up with the idea for that thread --- or was it someone else?) which is still running today.

She also helped run the awards as a mod and, aside from an eighteen-month absence, has been a friendly, helpful fixture around TPM for the better part of eight years.

So that's my rationale - I think Tara deserves a place within the Hall of Fame.
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

i ♥ f a n f i c f o r u m Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

*tear* I love you Gavin.
    Makes my vote seem somewhat inadequate

♥ Funeral for a Friend . Opeth . Faith No More . Dream Theater ♥
    Unown ! Award (2008) for Amazing Comback!
    Unown S Award (2009) for Smile
    2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

You only have a few days left to submit your nominations. Make your choice before the deadline passes!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I would like to nominate Lady Vulpix for writing one of the most long-standing fantasy fics at TPM, for being a very dedicated reader who gives useful and kind replies, for taking a large part in the e-zine and writing contests, and for making this a friendly place.
    mistysakura
    2007 Golden Pens: Co-winner of Best Poem (Rain Eternal) and Best Reviewer
    2007 Silver Pencils: Winner of Best Poem (Death Sonnet -- Untitled)
    2004 Silver Pencils: Winner of Nicest Fanficcer & Least Likely Couple (with PancaKe)
    Former 3-time winner of Most Dedicated Reader at the Fanfiction Forums
    Also Keeper of the 'A'ctivator Unown

Brimstone Diamonds. The Artist. Tightrope. Solitude. Autopsy.
    Glitter (one-shot).
    Listen to Rain Eternal -- a song.

Random thought: 2+2=5.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Re: The Fanfiction Hall of Fame, 3rd Biannual Election - Voting Phase

I voted for ze grande PancaKe!

I pretty much admire ALL of the nominees for their writing abilities and commitment to extracurricular stuff in Fanfic - not to mention I'm close to many of them - but I really think Tara's contribution over the years - especially in the 01-04 years, but also recently - really stands out and should be applauded.

I got your back, Tara!

Get voting, peoples!

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Wow, I've been nominated? O.O But I'd much rather see "A Peaceful Land" than "Separate Paths" on my list of contributions to the forum. "Separate Paths" is, like all my other attempts at poetry, just something I wrote to get a certain feeling off my chest.

I don't know who to vote for... the choices are so even...

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I voted mistysakura. I remember when she rated a fic of mine on the main website before I must have even joined the forums. It got 3/5, when really, it was a poor piece of work. I always felt she valued my effort more than the result, and grew in this forum always holding her in high regard.

...but everyone else should vote for me.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

...are you sure? I was never a rater on the main website. Hell, my stuff got a D on the main website. By the time I joined the Fanfic forums and wrote properly, the main site was long gone.
    mistysakura
    2004 Silver Pencils: Winner of Nicest Fanficcer & Least Likely Couple (with PancaKe)

Glitter (one-shot).

The real Shonta Moderator

I'm voting for Pancake, my worthy adversary. *salutes*
    Random Quote:
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

My XBox Live gamertag is gleameyes26. Feel free to add me!

Vote for your favorite fanmade video game lyricshere!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Now I think about it it was Pancake. That aside, you're still a great member so you still get my vote

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Master Trainer

To be honest, rating fanfics was fun but very time consuming. I don't remember many of the fics I read, and a lot of the fics that ended up getting 5 stars were nothing comapred to the quality of the fics on this forum

But I'm glad my rating made you happy Chris! To be honest, I can't remember rating your fic but I'm sure it was good :-)

2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Well chapter one was the length of what you just posted. It was bad. Bad. Bad.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

I Finnished last Moderator

To me, it's a tie between PancaKe and mistysakura. Both of them gave me feedback in the Poetry Corner. However, my vote went for mistysakura because she has helped me out even more.

Master Trainer

Just a thought: when the main site is back up, we should include the hall of fame on there :-)

2009 Silver Pencils:

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by PancaKe View Post
    Just a thought: when the main site is back up, we should include the hall of fame on there :-)
    Good idea! Why not?

Lisa the Legend

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Congratulations to PancaKe, the latest inductee to the Fanfiction Hall of Fame!

Good on you, Tara - you definitely deserve this honour!

Please join me in congratulating PancaKe on her success!

Lisa the Legend

Veteran Trainer

Please join me in congratulating PancaKe on her success!
    I didn't vote for her so no. Screw you all and your rigged election. ):<

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Cloyster Moderator

Default Re: The Fanfiction Hall of Fame, 3rd Biannual Election: WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Congrats Tara!

And, it feels good to say this: Looks like I'm gonna have to update the site.
    Last edited by Jeff; 8th June 2009 at 10:19 PM.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

Master Trainer

Default Re: The Fanfiction Forum E-zine ~ May/June Bumper Edition!!!

Wow, I'm in the hall of fame?? *tear*

I should've checked that thread first haha.

I liked Mikachu's article, it was really great to see something so different and so personal to him , and to be able to understand and share that! And as always, Ada is a genius with To Be A Master. That being the final edition, what comic strip will arise next? Somebody better come up with something new for the ezine! (I would, but I am totally uncreative)

And the more I read Chris's work, the more I like it. Haha. Aspiring journalists high five

I like editorials. Not just because I wrote three of them. I frequently write blogs and I find them easy to write, and entertaining to read. I think that we need articles too, of course, it is an e-zine. But when it comes to articles, i really just don't know what to write. I'm the same at uni, I'm terrible at finding news and writing articles, but give me a topic and I can write an opinion piece! That and I have a fetish for good blogs.

I'm a fan of fic and poetry spotlights. Although I would alternate each issue, otherwise we will run out of fics and poetry fairly quickly! It's sad to see the decline here, but it's a reality we kind of need to face. I miss Gabi's interviews with the stars. She did such a great job, she knew her stuff, and they were always so interesting. But, as all of us, she is super busy and probably doesn't have the time to do them anymore. =( I guess that doesn't mean we can't do them.

Or even vox popping. haha I'd like to see how that works out! Hmmmm..... *brainstorms*

Who's running the next one? Just in case I have a brainwave for an article/editorial?
    Last edited by PancaKe; 9th June 2009 at 01:57 AM.

2009 Silver Pencils:

Master Trainer

Default Re: The Fanfiction Hall of Fame, 3rd Biannual Election: WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Augh Jeff that is so exciting!! I think I'm more excited about you having a site to update than I am about winning

Haha. Thanks guys. Um.... am I meant to give a speech now or something? Haha

2009 Silver Pencils:

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Yay! Congrats Pancake! A deserving win indeed.
    mistysakura

Glitter (one-shot).

Is making this place terminal Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Oh, great job PancaKy! ^w^
    Thank you Saffire Persian. (Complete list coming soon)
    Awards: Contest Ribbons~ Unown Awards ~ Fanfiction Awards

...while you sleep.
    ".....Congratulations. You're the KROOOOOOOZE of female weeaboos. -w-;;;" -Blademaster about my Dragonball Z summary of what I know.

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Congrats!

I recommend something along the lines of, "This is my speech. The end."

~ Lune ~

Master Trainer

Thank you thank you thank you all and goodnight

No serz, thanks everyone.

2009 Silver Pencils:

Banned

I would like to congratulate Tara on her success. She earned it.

However, I would also like to say I am ashamed of Blademaster for what he just said. That was uncalled for. The election was not rigged. It was as fair as it could possibly have been. You owe someone an apology.

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Lol, Blade is always like that. It's his sense of humor. The internet just has a tendacy to give people a good reason to misinterpret. It's just irony and sarcasm, mixed with a harmless piece of truth. He doesn't mean anything hurtfull with those words.

If he does, I'll just join him and we'll celebrate Christmas together in Japan!

Anyway, 'grats Tara on winning your step into the internet-immortality!

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Congratulations, Tara! Another close call, but this time you've made it to the top.

And congrats to everyone else who was nominated because... I think you all deserve them.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: The Fanfiction Hall of Fame

Hall of Fame Inductee #3: June 2009: PancaKe

PancaKe joined TPM on February 15, 2001 as Lavern, later using MistyDeeDee and Mist as aliases in turn. An eager member, she quickly made a name for herself as a talented writer and enthusiastic reader. PancaKe is responsible for over 36 literary works on TPM, such as And It Will Heal Through Time, Echoes, Stuff that is not known, Clinging, Countless, Jealousy, Bored, Maths, My Science Teacher Hates Me, Dandruff Dictator, Unwelcomed, Apart, Giving Everything, One Way Street, 24 / 7 Job, All The Same, Never Making Yourself at Home, Angst Of Times, carry the cross, Both of them, Her Job, Replaced, Too Far In, Support, November, Living in Pichu's House, Lapras Valley High, Lapras Valley High 2, Full Moon, This Fic IS Big Enough For The Both Of Us! (co-written with Last Exile), North, Say Hello To Sunshine, shedding.light, A Hidden Innocence, Apart From Them, Memories & Photographs, and numerous untitled poems. Lapras Valley High remains one of the most famous fanfics in TPM history.

Promoted to Fanfiction moderator in early 2003, PancaKe posted the Fanfic 101, which later became the revised Fanfic Rules. She founded Smiley Town, helped run the 2003 Mod Contest and started the 2004 Chain Fic. During her tenure as moderator, which ended late in October 2005, PancaKe hosted the Fanfic Awards numerous times and won a large number herself. She was also notoriously active in The Writer's Lounge where she posted numerous polls and discussions, injecting the forum with a palpable vibrancy.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.