Thread: Being Published?

i ♥ f a n f i c f o r u m Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Being Published?

I know that a few of us are studying writing, and do more than just write pokemon stories.

If you are being published, I'd love to read it and I'm sure that others would as well. Perhaps, post links to online sites you're being published on, or even titles of publications so that we can look them up, etc?

I've been published quite a lot on www.sydneyanglicans.net.au lately, cos I'm doing my journalism internship there. So, if anyone wants to check out that, then that's there...

♥ Funeral for a Friend . Opeth . Faith No More . Dream Theater ♥
    Unown ! Award (2008) for Amazing Comback!
    Unown S Award (2009) for Smile
    2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

Is making this place terminal Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: Being Published?

I will check it out! This is a good idea, PancaKey...I wanna get published. I need money, as shallow as that is. But, I dunno. Am I anywhere good enough yet? It seems so painted on the horizone.
    Thank you Saffire Persian. (Complete list coming soon)
    Awards: Contest Ribbons~ Unown Awards ~ Fanfiction Awards
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post

...while you sleep.
    ".....Congratulations. You're the KROOOOOOOZE of female weeaboos. -w-;;;" -Blademaster about my Dragonball Z summary of what I know.

A serious brain-f*** Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I should be getting published soon. The writing society at my university has just started it's own literary magazine with a website and e-zine. One of my short stories is supposed to be getting uploaded to the site and published in the e-zine and I'm awaiting news on whether or not the smaller piece of fiction I submitted is making it into the published edition (fingers crossed).

So things are hopeful. I'll post up links if things go well. I might also put the short stories up here on TPM. We'll see how it goes. ^__^
    WANTED:

One signature.
    Experience preferred although training will be provided.
    Witty slogans only, please.

Imooto-deshi says:
    "BEEEE A ROUGE TOMATO"

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Good luck, Samchu!

I know from experience how rough the process can be... a few years ago I submitted several works to a university journal, didn't hear back from them for a few months, assumed I was in, bought the book, and found out that, in fact, it was a publishing clique of sorts where they only printed multiple works of a select few individuals. (I can confirm that it was merely a clique, as I had classes with some of the editors.) A shame, but hopefully your experience will be better.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

i ♥ f a n f i c f o r u m Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Good luck Samchu! Hope to read your things very soon!!

♥ Funeral for a Friend . Opeth . Faith No More . Dream Theater ♥
    Unown ! Award (2008) for Amazing Comback!
    Unown S Award (2009) for Smile
    2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Good luck with that, Samchu!

I've submitted a couple of things to a couple of places and ... I will let you guys know if anything gets run. One major, nationally-distributed magazine's agreed to run a feature article I wrote, but it's been bumped several times so I won't say any more about it until I see it in print. Don't want to get my hopes up and then get crushed.
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.