Thread: The October Fanfiction E-Zine - Call for Articles

The real Shonta Moderator

Default The October Fanfiction E-Zine - Call for Articles

Once again I'm in charge of the e-zine and I, as well as my fellow mods, ask for your contributions. Anything fanfiction related is welcome: rants, raves, reviews, interviews, and so on. PM articles to me by the end of September 31. I look forward to your contributions.
    Random Quote:
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

My XBox Live gamertag is gleameyes26. Feel free to add me!

Vote for your favorite fanmade video game lyricshere!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: The October Fanfiction E-Zine - Call for Articles

I am writing an article about a poetry forum I visit infrequently. It was intended for a previous zine but I didn't have time.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

i ♥ f a n f i c f o r u m Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

So is the ezine ready to go, or do I have time to write an article??

♥ Funeral for a Friend . Opeth . Faith No More . Dream Theater ♥
    Unown ! Award (2008) for Amazing Comback!
    Unown S Award (2009) for Smile
    2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

The real Shonta Moderator

UPDATE: Due to the lack of articles, we're making this month's e-zine a special Halloween edition! So if you have a special article for this, please submit it to me by 11:59:00 on October 30.

UPDATE #2: To help ease the pressure of deadlines, anyone can submit an article to any of the mods any time they want. If it is meant for a special time of year (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Super Bowl, etc.), please specify and submit prior to that time. This will help both us mods and you.
    Random Quote:
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

My XBox Live gamertag is gleameyes26. Feel free to add me!

Vote for your favorite fanmade video game lyricshere!

Master Trainer

You should have about six articles sitting in your PM box. I have one more to come. I just need you to reply to my questions, that's all =)

... you did get them, right?
    Last edited by PancaKe; 15th October 2009 at 06:09 PM.

2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

Master Trainer

Sorry to double post; but just a suggestion.

Maybe, if there are people who might like to write for the ezine but don't actually know what to write - there could be a list of things to write about that they could just select, or they could ask someone else for something to write? I know a lot of the times (not this month) that I struggle to find ideas and struggle to know what would be interesting for people to write.

Perhaps this way people could put up their hands and say "I'd like to write but I don't knwo waht to write about," and then you can reply and go "here, choose one of these three things; a review on a poem/feature poem, a review on a fanfic, a short blog (200 words) on how you feel about Bad Dialogue/Original Fics Vs Fanfics/Invented Pokemon in fanfics etc..." and then that person has a choice.

Or you put up a list of six or seven article ideas and then ask for people to write those... as well as give room for people to submit whatever they want???

AH SO MUCH PROCRASTINATION ><

2009 Silver Pencils:

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Heh heh... in months past, I did that, Tara. Then I found that no one wrote articles for my issues and I was stuck composing three at the last minute to fill space, so I stopped listing ideas. ^^;
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Master Trainer

Hmmmm ok. Trial and error.

Maybe if people wanted to write something but didn't know what to write, then that could be useful...

OR just making note that each month you want someone to do a review... I dunno. On anything. Not just the forum. *Shrugs* not sure where I'm going with that. I guess at the end of the day you need people who will write articles, and people who will respond etc. (I'm thinking like a journalist here)

Maybe you could even just approach somewhat active members and ask them if they could write like, 100 words on topic X. (i dunno what topic X is. maybe its whether they think people should make up pokemon in fics). It doesn't take long to type up 100 words... this post is longer!

2009 Silver Pencils: