Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The 2011 TPM NaNoWriMo Support Group - Final Week Underway!

exit stage Crowley Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: The 2011 TPM NaNoWriMo Support Group - Final Week Underway!

Hit 47,000 tonight! 3000 left for tomorrow, a walk in the park! Only with less walking in the park, because I can't write at the same time...

Ends are fun, Gav! I'm currently working up to the endgame, but getting everything in place is boring, lol. I wanna write the bloody final scene already, I know what's going to happen, haha. But then again, there's gonna have to be more after all that jazz anyway, so even when I get to 50,000 I'm not gonna be finished. Blaaah.

this is hell
    we have a little something called integrity

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

~HOPES AND DREAMS~ Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I'm not going to finish in time, that's clear at this point XD But I am glad for the fact that I STARTED and that is something that is hard for me in itself. All together I have written more than I have for one story since High School, and I have yet to finish an actual story which isn't a stand alone short, so I will be determined to finish this one! I have a timeline as well, I want it to be done before I get married so I can give it to friends and family

.: Ben + Brandy :.
    .: September 14th 2012 :.

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

o.O. Well then Gav...I'll sit down and read it all when you finish. I absolutely hate cliffhangers, LOL.

I made 60K today...and I think my brain is done trying to construct anymore further. I finished two major points, so that's awesome beyond compare.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I know i'm not going to reach the finish this month, and it will be hte first year that i haven't finished despite the almost losing it all last year... but i made a goal for myself to reach at least halfway. I met that goal tonight with 25,109 words. I'll try to write a little more tomorrow but i'm not feelign all that great tongiht...
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Adoptees, Captees, Expedia, & Plushies
    Recent Success: Christopher Redman (12-16-11)

Got CSI?
    Thanks to froggy_freek at lj for the icon

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Good work DL on finishing (or passing the 50k at least), and goooo Kirsten for your walk in the park tomorrow (or today now) haha.

Amy, congrats on hitting the goal you set yourself, that's great.

I'm refusing to count until I'm done now, but I know I've passed 100k for sure. However, I'm still half way through the second-last chapter, so I'm going to be writing through the night to get this done at last.

For me, this isn't just about finishing NaNoWriMo, it's also the end of literally a decade of writing Lisa the Legend (posted the prologue here on December 1st, 2001 O_O) so to actually finish writing it on the same day ten years later will feel really cool. I've even bought a bottle of champagne for when I finish, so I can have my melodramatic JK Rowling moment.

ON THROUGH THE NIGHT, as Def Leppard would say.
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Congrats to those who finished, or are about to. I'm afraid I can't make it this year. I've been very sick the last couple days, and right now I'm sitting at 44005. I'll try to make 45000, but it depends on how not-shitty I feel. Ah well, I almost made it and I'm pretty happy with how far I got. Never wrote so much in my life, so it's cool. ^^ Well done everyone for even making an attempt at this madness! ^^

Edit: 45155, I'm happy. ^^'
    Last edited by Pichu Luver; 30th November 2011 at 05:48 PM.
    Whoot.
    *Dad talking about his filling.*
    PL: Did it fall out?
    Dad: Yeah! ****in' thing only lasted two days.
    PL: Huh.
    Dad. I can stick my tongue down in my hole--
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

Mom: We're one warped family.
    *through hiccups*
    PL: I didn't know you were that flexible!

Winner of five Awards in RPG, including Best Writer.
    Winner of 2009 Golden Pen for Most Original Fiction

PSN: River_in_Time
    XBOX tag: DameSquishdalot

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I. Win. 8D

Special thanks to Kirst (Weasel Overlord) who totally motivated me with Uncharted 3 multiplayer. I WANNA GO KICK SOME ASS NOW.

Btw: good songs to motivate you to write: The End Run from the Mass Effect 2, and One Final Effort from the HALO 3 soundtracks.

Good luck to those still writing! ^^

GAV what's your PSN name thinger? I will add and you can play with us! *runs off*

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Pichu Luvr: :O NO way! You can make 5000 more words. Give your lead character your cold XD. But yes, I also commend everyone for attempting this and to all those that finish, good on ya.

Congrats to Kirsten and CT :F. LOL At Uncharted madness. I have a friends that has not touched his AC: Revelations til he finshed NaNo. Now I have no contact with him for the next 14 days.

Two notes.
    1) Gav, that has to be a terribly amazing moment when you push on and finish this. I'm sure it'll go under the editing blade (I know mine is going to before I post it.) before you reveal it to everyone, but I'm glad to hear your project is nearing its end cycles. I can only ask, is there another epic starting to pen out in your brain?

2) I kept on writing today after work, and I'm so glad I did. Hit 66053 words...and its awesome. I haven't written this much in ages.....literally ages.. It works out well because I actually finished the Second "Book" in the series, so I DID finish something.

For everyone that wants to see it, I'll post it up here in the coming week, after I've edited it (so it might grow in length) in AC/CC in segments...cause Shonta strictly forbade me to post it up all at once.

So now, I'm gonna enjoy the world of Skyrim XD Later!

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Elite Trainer

I'll post a sneak preview of mine when I get home from work but I won't post all I have because I'm not done yet and when the whole thing sees the light of day I want it to be good lol

Congrats all of you who finished

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Just finished Lisa the Legend. Big, big moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Tears View Post

I. Win. 8D

Special thanks to Kirst (Weasel Overlord) who totally motivated me with Uncharted 3 multiplayer. I WANNA GO KICK SOME ASS NOW.

Btw: good songs to motivate you to write: The End Run from the Mass Effect 2, and One Final Effort from the HALO 3 soundtracks.

Good luck to those still writing! ^^

GAV what's your PSN name thinger? I will add and you can play with us! *runs off*
    I don't know it, I asked the bf cause it's his Playstation 3 and he is currently refusing to tell me because I have this habit of breaking most electronic things in the house. Also he reckons our internet connection is so shit that there is too much lag and it doesn't work cause he tried it with some other mates. But Multiplayer Uncharted 3 sounds really quite ridiculously fun! Give me time, I shall try to obtain the information required and join you guys. Man, Uncharted is just ace.

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu Luver View Post
    Congrats to those who finished, or are about to. I'm afraid I can't make it this year. I've been very sick the last couple days, and right now I'm sitting at 44005. I'll try to make 45000, but it depends on how not-shitty I feel. Ah well, I almost made it and I'm pretty happy with how far I got. Never wrote so much in my life, so it's cool. ^^ Well done everyone for even making an attempt at this madness! ^^

Edit: 45155, I'm happy. ^^'
    Congrats, that's still a massive effort for a single month.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestLight View Post
    Two notes.
    1) Gav, that has to be a terribly amazing moment when you push on and finish this. I'm sure it'll go under the editing blade (I know mine is going to before I post it.) before you reveal it to everyone, but I'm glad to hear your project is nearing its end cycles. I can only ask, is there another epic starting to pen out in your brain?

2) I kept on writing today after work, and I'm so glad I did. Hit 66053 words...and its awesome. I haven't written this much in ages.....literally ages.. It works out well because I actually finished the Second "Book" in the series, so I DID finish something.
    1) It was a terribly amazing moment, happened about half an hour ago. I'm now drinking champagne and feeling slightly numb. There are indeed other projects in my brain, and I'm very excited, because they are finally ones that I can take really seriously and work to get published. I'm vacillating between doing a literary, semi-autobiographical first novel first, or a popular fiction young adult/action/adventure/thriller kind of thing.

2) Wow, congrats! And that must be a good feeling to actually finish something off. Good on ya mate!

MOAR CHAMPAGNE!

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

The real Shonta Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestLight View Post
    For everyone that wants to see it, I'll post it up here in the coming week, after I've edited it (so it might grow in length) in AC/CC in segments...cause Shonta strictly forbade me to post it up all at once.
    I forbade it because someone has to read it before they can rate it. And it'll take us a while for me or Gabi to read a 50,000+ word story.

Me? I don't think I cracked 10,000 words. NaNo's not for me, not when deadlines make me perform even worse.
    Random Quote:
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

My XBox Live gamertag is gleameyes26. Feel free to add me!

Vote for your favorite fanmade video game lyricshere!

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Congratulations to everyone, whether you finished or not! It's great that you've all pushed yourselves this far.
    mistysakura
    2007 Golden Pens: Co-winner of Best Poem (Rain Eternal) and Best Reviewer
    2007 Silver Pencils: Winner of Best Poem (Death Sonnet -- Untitled)
    2004 Silver Pencils: Winner of Nicest Fanficcer & Least Likely Couple (with PancaKe)
    Former 3-time winner of Most Dedicated Reader at the Fanfiction Forums
    Also Keeper of the 'A'ctivator Unown

Brimstone Diamonds. The Artist. Tightrope. Solitude. Autopsy.
    Glitter (one-shot).
    Listen to Rain Eternal -- a song.

Random thought: 2+2=5.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mistysakura View Post
    Congratulations to everyone, whether you finished or not! It's great that you've all pushed yourselves this far.
    I strongly agree with this. If NaNo spurred you on to do even 1000 words, that's 1000 words toward your goal. Well done, everyone!

Lisa the Legend

exit stage Crowley Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Yaay, well done everyone who even wrote anything at all this month! Speaking as someone who started nano in 2007, got to 11,000 then abandoned it, it's still good to have written something!

And us winners~! *dances around in group circle* I had this epic moment when I was writing the last paragraph that got me to 50k, where Requiem for a Dream (Orchestral Version) was playing. I tell you, it made finishing it COMPLETELY EPIC.

Did anyone else have something awesome come on their music during the last few words?

Ooh Gav, you should totally play Uncharted with us! Then I can annoy another person with how terrible I am at the game, haha.

...only now I've gotta finish writing the damn thing, lol! OH THE JOYS.

this is hell
    we have a little something called integrity

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel Overlord View Post
    Yaay, well done everyone who even wrote anything at all this month! Speaking as someone who started nano in 2007, got to 11,000 then abandoned it, it's still good to have written something!

And us winners~! *dances around in group circle* I had this epic moment when I was writing the last paragraph that got me to 50k, where Requiem for a Dream (Orchestral Version) was playing. I tell you, it made finishing it COMPLETELY EPIC.

Did anyone else have something awesome come on their music during the last few words?

Ooh Gav, you should totally play Uncharted with us! Then I can annoy another person with how terrible I am at the game, haha.

...only now I've gotta finish writing the damn thing, lol! OH THE JOYS.
    Nope - I wrote the last part of the epilogue in this feverish, reverent silence, which was quite powerful of its own accord. But I often write with music, so I can only imagine how epic some massive orchestral music would have been as you approached your goal.

I love Uncharted muchly, but denied myself playing it until NaNo was done. Back to playing tomorrow! I seriously would like to play multiplayer, I doubt it will eventuate though.

Lisa the Legend

Elite Trainer

Do any of you find yourselves talking in the 'voice' of your story irl after you've been writing for awhile? I did and it made people give me some strange looks because I don't often utilize my full vocabulary in my every-day speech lol