Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To The Rainbow's End

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Default To The Rainbow's End

To The Rainbow’s End

Chapter One

Monday morning…September 2nd…7:00 AM:

The morning sun shone brightly over the peaceful population of Seafoam Island. In the gardens and forests, Grass Pokémon of all kinds were opening their eyes to soak up the sun’s warm rays. Bird, Bug, and other types were up to their usual pre-fall routine: stocking up on food, digging deep burrows---some of the Bird-types were even preparing for their long flight South.

The islanders were also preparing for autumn. Farmers and gardeners were harvesting newly grown fruits and vegetables, children were getting ready for their first day of school---many were getting an early start on selecting costumes for the coming Halloween, and the summer beach crowds had become very small. In the streets, cars and numerous bicycles were zooming up and down through the city. People who weren’t driving strolled along the sidewalks, looking in shop windows and talking to each other. Of course, some of these people stopped what they were doing as the sound of sirens was heard coming up the street.

Four police cars quickly appeared. As they neared the intersection, two of them suddenly headed down the right street---towards a large brick building. The two that didn’t turn continued straight ahead, in the direction of the seashore. Along the seashore was a white marble mansion, at least two stories high and very long. The two cars parked in the front driveway. Officer Jenny and another policeman came out of the first one, and several other officers from the second. All of them walked up to the door, and knocked…

Almost instantly, a young woman opened the door. She had red hair, blue eyes, and appeared to be in her thirties. Officer Jenny didn’t need to look twice to know something was wrong: the woman was greatly distressed---tears were falling down her cheeks like a couple of tiny rivers. She spoke hastily to them as they came in.

“Oh, Officer Jenny!” she sobbed, “I’m so glad you’re here; something terrible has happened!”

“What’s wrong, Mrs. Ketchum?” the policewoman asked, “Has your husband escaped?” The reason she was here was to arrest Mr. George Ketchum---who also happened to be Giovanni Rochet, the leader of the notorious Pokémon organization known as Team Rocket. Three of its members had just turned him in two nights ago, and now the police were here to take him into custody.

Mrs. Ketchum shook her head at the question, “No, he’s still here, but…” she struggled to be calm before finishing, but after she spoke, she burst into tears once more; “It’s my son, Ash…he’s…he’s disappeared!”

Officer Jenny was shocked! She knew about Ash as well; he---with the help of his friends---had made a name for himself in many Pokémon League competitions; including those in Kanto, the Orange Islands, the Whirl Islands, and Johto. Before she could ask any questions, however, her walkie-talkie suddenly began to beep. She picked it up, and put it to her lips.

“Yes, lieutenant, I read you loud and clear. Over.”

Officer Jenny, we’ve got a situation over at the Seafoam Island Mental Institution. Over.”

“What’s the problem? Over.” Jenny replied, her face lined with concern.

It appears that one of their patients has gone missing during the night. Over.”

Both Jenny and Mrs. Ketchum turned very white upon hearing this.

“Lieutenant, do you have any leads on who is responsible? Over.”

Actually, we do. We’ve reviewed some videotapes from the security office, and the events seem to involve a young boy, a young girl, a Pikachu…and a Jigglypuff! Over.”

Mrs. Ketchum gasped sharply at that statement, and fainted. Jenny was quick to react; she caught the lady as she fell, and then called the other officers over.

“Call the department; tell them we need everyone to conduct a thorough search: we’re looking for two children---a boy and a girl---, a Pikachu, and a Jigglypuff. Also, report that they may have a Mental Institute patient in their custody. Hurry!”

The other guards saluted, then ran to the car and delivered the message. During this time, Jenny helped Mrs. Ketchum to her feet, and they both went inside the house.
    “Challenge is a dragon with a gift in its mouth...
    Tame the dragon and the gift is yours.”
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Oo... cliffhanger!

Great work, Zelda! You're a great writer! Man, even better than me! Can't wait to hear what happens and who the people were (has an idea but won't say anything).

Need... more... going... to have a lot to read when I get back...

Well this should be intresting. *looks up. Waves hand* Hello. Just wanted to let you know I'm reading.

Banned

Well, You've got things off to a great start.

Well, I had some things to say... But I don't know if I can talk about them. They'd technically be spoliers because they haven't been explained in this fic yet... but they technically are not, becuase they happened in the previous fic.

Anyway, I'll be waiting to see what happens next. (And this time, I'll be here from the begining. ^_^) Keep it up!

Banned

cool! the first day im back after a while is the day this fic takes off!!! cant wait for the next chapter to appear. hehehe... a Jigglypuff...

btw, I GOT A GAMECUBE!!! ya! *claps for self*

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Damn! You go out of town for a week and you miss the conclusion of your favorite fic!! (The Bittersweet Reunion, obviously...)

First off, yahoo! Top Subscriber Award! Sweetness! Thanks for putting the tally up there, ZeldaFan20! Much appreciated!

Okay, this segment has certainly gotten off to an interesting start. Delia's in panic mode! "ASH!! ASH!! WHERE ARE YOU???!!!" *chuckles*

Keep 'em coming, man! I'm sticking this one out for sure!

P.S. Can I put the Top Subscriber Award on my sig?
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Rambunctious Jamirus: Hey, if it isn't one of my favorite writers!! I'm glad to see you here....wait a minute, better than YOU? Hardly ;o!

Doomykins: Nice to meet ya! I was hoping for some new faces, and it looks like I've got some! Welcome to the group!

GeneChildMewtwo: Well, I certainly don't want any spoilers (giggles). It's nice to know that some old friends will still be here, and I will do my very best.

Ultra_Poke2000: Surprising, huh? And congratulations on getting a GameCube! I'm hoping to get one myself soon---boy, you're lucky!

mr_pikachu: 1. That's right, you're the big winner!!! I thought it would be interesting to record all of my subscribers at the end of my story---maybe I'll do it again...
    2. Yeah, she's really going nuts (hey, wouldn't you if your child ran away with a lunatic?)!
    3. As for the Award...go ahead, knock yourself out; you definitely earned that title !

The first official chapter will be here around this Friday, so stay tuned !
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Banned

thanx! ive been saving the money myself for about a year or so. ive got 1 game (Super Smash Bros. Melee) and 3 controllers, but i plan to expand. hehehe... neways, im just waiting here patiently for the next chapter, so cya!

The Aura is with me. Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Aha! Yes, we immediately start off with a cliffhanger! Too bad I can't comment too much for the sake of spoiling...
    Thanks Orion, for my reflection...
    Numbuh 24/7, Teen KND Operative of Sector TNT, [Hey, I can dream, can't I? ]
    My AP Page, a construction site since 20XX AD.
    (Spoiler:) The Compas Is A Lie!

Me likoreze I will like this fic as I liked your first one^_~

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Okay this bothered me at first, why Sept 2nd did you do that so Ash would miss our first day of school in Wisconsin, or is it your birthday like mine. Just Curious, why you picked that date.

Well it sounds pretty cool but I want to see more of Ash and his psycho bro.
    If something is wrong, please say so.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Ultra_Poke2000: Are you planning to get Zelda: The Wind Waker? I've played the demo at Wal-Mart, and it looks very cool!

Crystalmaster Mike: I thought you'd like it. I knew that some readers like cliffhangers .

legendary fisherman1: Thanks, I'm very flattered ;o .

CHAPTER 1

WOOOOOOOOOOOO...WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

The horn of the S.S.Coral echoed across the waves as it continued on its journey. On board, many people and Pokémon strolled onto the deck to breathe in the fresh morning air. Wingulls---and a few Pelippers---flew across the sky in great numbers; some circled around the ship, looking for scraps of food from the passengers. A Wailord slowly rose up on the port side, spraying water from its spout into the air. Many spectators got soaked in the process.

Among the wet crowd was a young girl, no older than thirteen. She had laughing violet eyes, ivory skin, and a smile that could warm the hearts of everyone around her. The one trait that was most noticeable, however, was her hair: it was deep purple with a light blue front, and cascaded down to her waist in a waterfall of soft, wavy curls. She was leaning on the guardrail of the ship, supporting the person next to her.

It was a young man, around nineteen years old. Compared to his female companion, he looked very strange. The hair on his head was short, gray, and dingy. Every limb was white as salt, not to mention incredibly thin. His green eyes seemed tired, but also calm and curious; they moved in every direction, as if to survey the surrounding area.

The girl suddenly looked into his face. She knew the boy, and the terrible secret about him. She smiled sweetly as he glanced back at her.

“Look, David,” she said, pointing to the enormous creature below, “It’s a Wailord.”

The young man looked at the Pokémon and began to speak, "Way...Way...Waylord?" he asked.

His friend nodded happily, “That’s right, a Wailord; that means we’ll be in Lilycove City soon.”

At that moment, she glanced at her watch: it read 7:59 AM. She immediately looked to her right. Standing on the guardrail were two small Pokémon: a Pikachu, and a seasick-looking Jigglypuff. Both turned to face her.

“Pikachu,” she said as they jumped down to the floor, “you’d better go wake up Ash, or he’ll miss out on breakfast.”

"Pika!" Pikachu nodded. In a flash, it raced down the stairs to the lower level.

No...NO!...........Stay away...!

Ash didn’t know where he was; a look of sheer terror was on his face. There was nothing but darkness in every direction. There wasn’t even any ground to run on; and yet, that’s exactly what he was doing---running. All he could do was run---run from whatever was chasing him.

Looming behind was a large figure. It appeared to be human, because it had the shape of a human; yet it also seemed inhuman: the face was hidden in shadow, but a pair of sinister-looking eyes shone bright red against the darkness. An enormous hand (also in shadow) was reaching out to Ash, as if it were trying to catch him. It was so close that the fingers were almost scratching his back.

Keep away from me!......GO AWAY!!!” Ash screamed as he began to run faster. No matter how fast he ran, however, the figure always seemed to be getting much closer. Suddenly, Ash lost his footing, and fell. He didn't land on anything solid, though---he was falling into an infinite darkness...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!...

“No!” Ash sat up in bed, breathing heavily. He wiped the sweat from his forehead and looked around.

He was lying in bed, in the same cabin he shared with his friends. It was a medium-sized room with two sets of bunk beds, and a porthole that let you look out to the open ocean. However, the bunks on the opposite side---as well as the bed above his---were empty.

“I guess they all went upstairs,” Ash sighed as he got up and proceeded to get dressed. Pikachu burst into the room just as he was tying the laces on his sneakers.

“Pi pika-chu,” Pikachu said.

Ash smiled at his little partner. “Let me guess: Aurora sent you down here to wake me up, right?”

“Pika pi!” Pikachu nodded, smiling.

“Well then,” Ash stood up, “we’d better get upstairs and have some breakfast. Let’s go.”

With that, the two friends walked out the cabin door, and headed upstairs towards the main deck.

“Good-morning, Ash,” Aurora said when she saw him and Pikachu walk up.

“Morning, Aurora,” Ash replied before glancing at David. “Giving my big brother some early-morning exercise?” he added, chuckling.

Aurora giggled back, “No, we just wanted to admire the scenery.” Suddenly, she took a closer look at his face, and a worried expression crossed her own, “What’s wrong? You look a little pale. Are you feeling okay?”

Ash nodded, “Yeah, I’m fine---just had a little nightmare, that’s all.” Then he shrugged his shoulders and gave another chuckle, “Who’s up for some breakfast? I’m really hungry.”

The whole group soon strolled across the deck together, and headed for the ship’s dining room.
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Banned

It was kind of short but, that's okay. It seems that David is doing pretty well, It must be very exciting for him, considering his previous situation.

I wonder what Ash was dreaming about... People like him don't have strange nightmares that mean nothing... That just wouldn't be right. ^_^ Does this mean that something's going to happen? Well, this is only the first chapter, so of course something is going to happen. I guess now I wait and find out what it is. You did a good job setting the stage for the future. Although as for now I've got no idea what will happen, and that's the way you seem to like it. ^_^ (Not that that's a bad thing at all.)

I guess Jigglypuff doesn't take well to ships... Everyone else seemed fine however.

I guess now it's back to waiting for the next part. Keep it up!

(On a side note: The Wind Waker is super-neat.)

Elite Trainer

Yeah, I feel a plot line building... And David is probably getting the time of his life! Seeing the sea, cruising, ... Very nice!

Banned

nice but short chapter. there's a prelude in the form of a nightmare, David having fun, Jigglypuff getting seasick, and breakfast! lol! i was planing on getting Star Wars: Clone Wars sometime, but ive never had the cance to get into the Zelda series, so i might as well, start, so thanx for the suggestion! in the mean time, theres a ton of stuff to unlock on SSBM, so its not likely that i'll get too bored anytime soon. ive also got a PS2 for Cristmas a while and im planing to get Ace Combat 4. (ive always been into fighter jet games/ sims). neway, keep it up!

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Powarun: Oops! Didn't see ya there. I guess we both posted around the same time (laughs). Anyway, the answer to both questions is "No." You'll see more of them, don't worry .

GeneChildMewtwo: Yeah, things seem very calm........for now, at least... And Jigglypuff getting seasick---is that weird or what?

Crystalmaster Mike: If you mean that little dream-sequence,...you'll just have to wait and see.

Ultra_Poke2000: Glad you like it. I've never had a thing for Star Wars, but...never got into the Zelda series??!! I'm surprised at you!! It's one of the greatest game series in the entire world (besides Pokemon, of course)! When you DO decide to get it, let me know how it turns out.
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Banned

i know that the Zelda series is one of the best, but the first game system i got was an N64 on Christmas of '99, and i never got Orciana of Time or any of the others, so i just never got into it,although im sure im missing out. cant wait till they get to shore, and start the new adventure! cya!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Well the Zelda series is for hardcore brain machines, it took me hours trying to find a swithch was just under a rock. Sheesh. but with the story, yay the psycho is actually cool, I was hoping that Ash will teach him about pokemon in the first chapter sorta like in video games, but it was fine.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Nice job! I like the descriptions, as well as David's attempt to pronunciate "Wailord." Very realistic! And Ash's nightmare sounds like he was being chased by Giovanni... or David gone psycho... or Lawrence III... or one of David's mother's other relatives... or maybe...

Anyway, the only suggestion I have is, as a writer, don't EVER say you don't know what something's called. It really takes away from the drama of the story. And if they were on a cruise ship, they would be eating in a dining hall.

I've GOT to get me a GameCube someday! Oh, and sorry for not replying sooner, but our internet was down for the last week. Something about our surge protecter being screwed up. Anyway, great chapter, can't wait for the next one, blah-blah-blah... oh no... song started in my head...

All I hear... every day, blah blah blah.
    All I he-e-e-ear, every day blah blah blah (blah blah blah!)
    blah blah...

(Excerpt from song on "Pokemon 2000" CD... think it was called "Blah Blah Blah" or something creative like that.)
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

mr_pikachu: Thanks for the advice. I managed to do a little correcting today, so it should seem a little better.

As for the songs in the head, I have the same problem: I've been listening to my Phantom of the Opera CDs so much that I hear most of the songs in my sleep (laughs)!
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Don't worry about it. The most important thing I've learned about fic writing is: Know what you're talking about.

And as for the Phantom of the Opera, I've actually never seen the play or heard the songs. Is it really as good as people say? One thing I do know, though, is that I am OBSESSIVE about Pokemon music. I'm not kidding. I listen to it day and night. The reason I hear it in my sleep is because IT'S STILL PLAYING. Not to mention the fact that it's awesome music that sticks in my head like glue. So you're probably no more "in tune" with your music than I am with mine. Anyway, catch you later! Write that next chapter!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Uh-oh! I'm falling behind here! Anyway, we're having a heat-wave over here, and it's too hot too write anything, but I'll try to get the next one up tomorrow.

mr_pikachu: It's actually BETTER than what people say!
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Wow! That IS good material!

Anyway, don't worry about being late. If your fans are truly loyal to the fic, they'll stick with you through thick and thin. Just don't let it die altogether! Some of the best authors have lost tons of readers and interest by letting their fics melt away into the shadows, such as CCC with WDC, and Mist with LVHII. (For those of you who don't understand those acronyms, you either haven't been around very long, or haven't read the works of some of TPM's best writers.) Anyway, I'll wait EVER so patiently for the next chapter! ...Okay, I'm through waiting. Get that chapter up already!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Banned

(Oh no! I broke my rule of only replying after a chapter! Although it's not really a rule... More of a habit.)

It's fine as long as you stick with it. As mr_pikachu said, the loyal fans will wait for you, no mater what happens. (Just don't disappear, becuase then the loyal fans get sad... and they might cry and such.) Although getting the next chapter sooner is better than later, later but good beats sooner but rushed. Always.

So, I'll be waiting patiently. ^_^ See you then! (Well, at least I'll read what you typed, but yeah, It sounds a whole lot better than "Read what you typed then!" ^_^)

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

mr_pikachu and GeneChildMewtwo: Worry not, friends. I said I'd have the next chapter up sometime today, and I have kept my word! I hope you enjoy it!

CHAPTER 2

What began as a calm and uneventful morning turned out to be quite interesting on Seafoam Island. After the events at both the mansion and Mental Institute, the entire populous was in a state of shock. How could two children and a handful of Pokemon possibly cause such a huge amount of commotion?

Throughout the day, the police went up and down the streets of the island, often stopping to question people. Every single person---down to the street musicians---was questioned by at least one or two officers.

Brock, Daisy, and Delia were making inquiries too. They searched the Pokemon Center, PokeMart, park, Mall, and every video arcade in the area, hoping to find Ash and Pikachu at any of these locations. Their search proved fruitless; no one had seen Ash, or any of his other companions---especially not a deranged nineteen-year-old. Delia sank further and further into despair with each negative reply.

“What could’ve happened?” Delia asked out loud, “Where could they have gone?”

“I’m sure they’re okay, Mrs. Ketchum,” Brock said, placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder, “Ash might be a bit quirky sometimes, but he’s also resourceful. Plus, he has Pikachu and his other Pokemon with him, so they should be alright.” At that instant, a police car pulled up next to them. It was still running as Officer Jenny stepped out.

“There you are!” she said opening the rear door for them, “Get in, quick!”

“Did you find out anything?” Daisy asked hopefully.

“You bet we did!” was the reply, “One of my men says that they were seen down by the pier. He’s questioning the ticket-seller right now.” The threesome was in the car before she could say anything more, and they were soon driving down the street towards the harbor.

Upon arriving, they spotted the officer talking to a young man, jotting down some notes in the process. Delia ran up to them, clearly frantic.

“Where is he?” she asked them, “Where’s my son?!” As the officer tried to calm the frightened woman, the ticket-seller looked at her with concern on his face.

“Are you that kid’s mother?” he asked, “I sold him and his friends three tickets late last night. Said they were heading for Hoenn, down South.” He then lowered his voice, as if afraid of being overheard, “Personally, I didn’t like the look of the guy he had with him: looked like he just had a break-down, or something…”

“Did he say where in Hoenn?” Delia asked, ignoring the added comment.

“No. He said this was their first trip to Hoenn, so I showed them a map. I recommended Lilycove City---a beach community on the Western coast. Still, I thought it was kinda weird when he asked if it had any hospitals, but…”

“Now I understand,” Brock cut in gravely. He’d been listening to the man very carefully, and during that last statement, he’d clearly gotten the picture. Everyone present immediately looked in his direction. “He’s trying to get both himself and David as far away from here as possible.”

Delia gasped and turned ashen white, but Daisy looked very confused, “What are you saying, Brock?”

“It’s simple: Ash probably thinks that David’s ‘mental instability’ will improve if he’s far away from Giovanni; but, at the same time, he’s found an excuse to run away from his troubles here.” Before he could continue, however, another man walked up. He looked like a policeman, except the color of the uniform was slightly different. The group figured that he was one of the harbor security guards.

“Excuse me,” he started to say, “But I just got off the phone with our people over in Lilycove City: there’s some trouble brewing over there, and I fear that the S.S.Coral will soon be in the middle of it.”

“What do you mean?” Delia cried, “What kind of trouble?!”

“Now, I’ve heard that some breakfast foods are interesting, but Fruit Loops’ waffles? Weird!”

Ash and Aurora were in line at the buffet counter, selecting their breakfast and helping David (who was being supported by Ash) get his. There were so many things to choose from: waffles, pancakes, eggs (fried or scrambled), hash browns, French and regular toast, a variety of cereals, bagels, English muffins, etc. Aurora had chosen a fruit salad, toast with grape jam, and orange juice. David’s plate had an orange, a bowl of Cheerios’, and a carton of milk. Ash, however, was having a hard time deciding between waffles and pancakes.

Pikachu and all the other Pokemon were sitting at a table near one of the windows. Even with a beautiful view of the waves, they were bored to death with waiting. Meganium was letting Eevee, Mudkip, and Bee (Aurora’s Unown partner) play around it, while the rest sat still and twiddled their paws. After about five minutes, the three humans arrived, and the relieved little creatures made room for them.

“So,” Aurora began as she poured some milk into David’s cereal, “What are we going to do once we get to Lilycove City?”

Ash thought for a second. “Well, first of all, we need to find a hospital where David can get some help. After that, we might as well explore the region---but we’ll need to find some way to get back to Lilycove quickly so he doesn’t get too worried……hey, stop that!” Ash was cut short as he tried to stop David from eating cereal with his fingers. Milk was dripping from his mouth, trickling down the chin and onto his shirt.

Aurora giggled as she watched Ash teach David how to hold the spoon. “I have an idea,” she said cheerfully, “There’s probably a Pokemon League in Hoenn; this might be a great opportunity to check out the Gyms and win some new badges.”

The Pokemon all started howling and dancing with excitement: new Gyms, new Pokemon, and a whole new League to compete in!

However, Ash didn’t seem too thrilled with the idea. He massaged his eyes with a sticky hand, and made a slight face before speaking.

“I can’t believe I’m actually saying this, but……I think I’m gonna take a break from Gym battles for a while.” When Pikachu and the others heard this, they were dreadfully shocked; Ash not wanting to go for a Pokemon Gym Challenge? Something was amiss here!

Aurora didn’t seem quite as shocked as the Pokemon, but she WAS surprised. “Why not? I thought it was your dream to become a Pokemon Master.”

“It still is,” Ash said hastily, “It’s just that, well,…this trip is supposed to be about getting my brother here some help.” He paused for a minute or two before continuing, “Also, I want to clear my head of all that’s been going on.” Then he turned to the wide-eyed herd around him, and smiled. “You guys understand, don’t you?”

The Pokemon smiled back. They knew about the trauma Ash had gone through back on Seafoam Island, and that he needed all the support he could get. Pikachu and the two little ones hopped on his lap and nuzzled his chest; the others made cheerful noises as they rubbed against his legs and shoulders.

Ash was so touched by the overwhelming affection of his friends that he almost didn’t notice David trying to open the closed milk carton with his teeth.

“No, Dave!” Ash said, almost hissing in his older brother’s ear, “Don’t do that! We don’t use teeth to open those things; use your fingers!” After opening the carton, Ash slapped a hand over his forehead, “Brother! I can’t take my eyes off this guy for even a second!”

With this, every one of his friends started laughing. David laughed too---much like an Arcanine getting a tummy-rub. After wondering what was so funny, Ash started laughing too.

Once the laughter subsided, the two other humans began eating; the Pokemon feasting on their Pokechow at the same time.
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Banned

Good CHapters! I justed finsihed them and the two are good. I like how you have not wanting to do the gym battles and stuff. Makes it sound like he maturing from that and caring for something else. Good length and Descriton. Keep it up!

Elite Trainer

*is in shock* Ash not wanting to win Badges? The world is falling apart! Everybody, run!! *everybody stays in place while he runs around frantically* *stops* Umm, yeah... Other wise, fine chapter, with those two story lines knowing things about the others they don't know yet... And we have a semi-cliffhanger already!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

NOOOOOOOO!!! No Gym battles... no league... *snif* IT'S JUST NOT FAIR!!!

Oh, right. Um, well, anyway, nice chapter all in all. The bits of comedy were perfectly melded with the suspense of the "events" in Hoenn! Perhaps Ash is going to do more battling than he thinks! Heh heh heh...

Well, what more can I say? Good work, and I'll definitely be looking forward to Chapter 3!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Nice chapter, a little short but meaning ful, wonder what the crowd thinks watching a gray haired teen ager unable to use a spoon, and nothing is wrong with opening milk cartons with your teeth, as for Delia, your son is old enough to be on his own for crying aloud, he was captured by Team Rocket you know to get Lugia. Sheesh, she doesn't worry about him when he tells her that he is leaving. Am I one of the few knowing that Ash would quit the league, it would be too stress ful to make a story with Ash a complete moron on a TV show, Aurora, a person who was made up dxept for desing and a PSychopath, or retarded teenager what ever suits you. It would be hard to include a league of pokemon gyms in it. So Zeldafan you are doing a good job as it is.

Banned

I liked a lot of things about this chapter. It's very interesting how you payed attention to the fact that David would be most likely unaware of many of the normal things we take for granted. (This was shown earlier too, like with the Wailord scene.) And that Ash wouldn't be aware that David didn't know. It's nice to see that kind of forethought. I really feel that the characters have a lot of planning behind them. Like they are real in a way.

As for Ash turning down the league, I would never expect the TV Ash to do that, but somehow, the Ash you've portrayed, given the situation, this seems completely like something that this Ash would do. It makes perfect sense form both his standpoint, and your position as an author. Overall, I think it was a good decision, as this story seems to be very heavy on character relationships and development. I really enjoy that, and I really enjoy your writing, becuase of all the little things you put in to add up into the big thing that we see here.

I'm glad that you update regularly. ^_^ Keep up the good work!

(On a side note: I think that it would actualy be easier for Jigglypuff to become seasick, do to the elastic and bouncy nature of it's body, although I wonder if you had thought of that, or if it was just randomly Jigglypuff that was chosen? ^_^)

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

IloveX-TINA: Thanks, I'm glad you like my story. Say, haven't I seen you somewhere before? I usually never forget a face---or, in this case, a screen-name. Anyway, welcome to our little group!

Crystalmaster Mike: Hey! Hey! Take it easy! Sheesh, only the first two chapters and you're already making a fuss ! Yeah, something big is gonna happen, but you'll still have to wait.

mr_pikachu: Oh no, not you too! I seem to be surrounded by comics here (laughs hard)! Speaking of which, glad you think the comedy-reliefs are so amusing.

Powarun: Really? Short? It seems longer than the first chapter. I guess next time I should do a word count . Delia wasn't worried because she always knew where Ash was; this time, he didn't even leave a note. As for David, I'd prefer the term "mentally unstable." I really appreciate the compliment, too . Wait, though; I didn't actually say he'd quit, did I?

GeneChildMewtwo: Well, I try to keep his original "TV series" personality while mixing in real-life experiences and emotions. As for Jigglypuff,...gee, I really haven't given much thought to that---except I thought it might add a touch of humour.

Well, I have a free week this week (I hope), so expect Chapter 3 real soon!
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Originally posted by ZeldaFan20

Wait, though; I didn't actually say he'd quit, did I?
    Please let what I'm thinking is true be true...

Well, I have a free week this week (I hope), so expect Chapter # real soon!
    Um... are you unaware of what chapter you're on? Seems a bit odd... or was it just a typo?

Originally posted by ZeldaFan20 (from sig)

God Bless the USA!!!
    Glad to see we're in agreement!

Anyway, I'll be waiting somewhat patiently for Chapter #3! That's right, Chapter 3. Write it down so you don't forget again. k? Good.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Oops! Thanks, I guess I was typing a little too fast there .
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Banned

nice chapter! poor David trying to eat cereal with his fingers.

heeeeyyyy.... wait a minute.....
    “I can’t believe I’m actually saying this, but……I think I’m gonna take a break from Gym battles for a while.”
    *eyes bulge* *sharp intake of breath* *falls over*

(5 mins later): *gasp!* no league persuits? nooooo!!! *stops whirling eyes* okay, i just might be able to get over that. but im sure there will be a compensation for that, right? right?

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Right. After all, I've never let the pleasant moments last very long, have I?

Btw, how did you do that "whirling eyes" face? It's really cool.
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

CHAPTER 3

"Hey, Ash! Think fast!" A huge splash of cold water came out of nowhere and slammed hard against Ash's body.

It was around 5:30 in the afternoon, and a great crowd of people were lounging around the S.S.Coral's indoor swimming pool. Aurora was in the shallow area, trying to help David get used to the water.

Pikachu, Bee, and Eevee were floating on the small inner tubes Ash had rented for them, while Mudkip and Croconaw were doing the backstroke all around the entire pool (staying close together, of course).

The only Pokemon who weren't swimming were Meganium, Quilava, and Jigglypuff---who was sitting on a loungechair, wearing sunglasses and a straw sunhat, and looking very content. Meganium was much too big and heavy to swim---especially in the deep end; and Quilava, being a Fire type,...well, you get the idea.

Ash, in the meantime, was sitting on the edge of the pool, trying to keep one eye on his Pokemon, and the other on David and Aurora. However, he received quite a shock as the cold spray hit him.

"Hey!" he exclaimed looking at Aurora, who was giggling behind her hands, "What was that for?"

"Do you want to play with us?" she asked "We're gonna play Marco Polo." Pikachu and the others started swimming over when they heard this.

Ash smiled and nodded, then slipped into the water. It was freezing cold, and went up to his waist. Aurora tied a handkerchief over his eyes, and they started to play.

"Marco!" he said.

"Polo!" was the reply. The Pokemon responded with their usual noises. All David could say was, "Po!"

After about ten minutes, everyone began to feel a little tired, so they all got out and rested on their loungechairs. As he was helping David dry off, Ash noticed that Quilava was looking a little bummed.

"Something wrong, Quilava?" he asked. Quilava looked sadly at Ash, then at the pool, then back to him.

Ash smiled; he'd clearly gotten the idea. Instantly, he got back into the pool, and motioned for the little Fire type to come closer.

"C'mon over, buddy," Ash said, "There's nothing to be afraid of." Quilava, shaking slightly, walked over to him. Ash gently picked it up in his hands and wrapped its slender body around the back of his neck (like those fur wraps you often see rich ladies wear). In this fashion he started wading around the shallow area, his hands still holding Quilava's trembling body.

"Quil...?" it said nervously.

"Shhh," Ash replied, stroking it gently, "It's okay; I'm not gonna let you get wet." Many of the other people had gone to supper, so there was hardly anyone there to criticize his actions. After a while Quilava began to grow calmer, and often padded its paws against the wet wavy surface.

All of a sudden, Ash heard someone yelling, "HEYYYYAAA," and turned around: David had gotten off his chair and, before anyone could stop him, was running towards the shallow end of the pool at high speed. As Ash turned to get out of the way, David jumped into the air and did a belly-flop almost on top of him---causing a frightened Quilava to jump clean off of Ash's shoulders.

David, upon hitting the water, had unknowingly slammed his arm against Ash's back, resulting in both going underwater. Ash, feeling both anger and fear at the same time, dragged David up to the surface and began looking around for Quilava---who was probably soaked to the skin and struggling to stay afloat. What he saw instead, had clearly taken him by surprise.

Just as Quilava was about to hit the water, something solid had risen up in time to catch it. If it was a Pokemon, Ash had never seen one like it: a medium-sized, stone-like creature. It was colored a strange grayish-blue. Red eyes stared out near the top of its head. Silver-like points at the ends of its arms---obviously claws---had a gentle yet firm grasp on Quilava's squirming body. There was another silver point on its face, probably to serve as a kind of nose for the strange Pokemon.

As Ash---dragging David---went over to see if his little friend was alright, a young man suddenly ran up to them. He appeared to be around David's age, but much better looking. He also had gray hair, but it appeared to be more like his natural color; his light-brown eyes had a look of sheer concern. This person had, apparently, stayed a little longer before going up for dinner when the unexpected event happened.

The rock-like Pokemon carefully handed Quilava to the man (evidently, its trainer), who gave a relieved smile in return.

"Great catch, Metang," said the man, and he turned to the two boys coming towards him. "Are you two okay?"

David was too busy coughing to look. Ash gave him a disapproving scowl before turning to the Pokemon's trainer. "Yeah," he coughed, climbing out of the pool with his brother in tow, "We're fine, but how's Quilava?" The little Fire type jumped into his arms immediately and, despite the fact that Ash was soaked, nuzzled him happily.

The other Pokemon, followed by Aurora, quickly showed up behind them.

"Oh, thank goodness!" she exclaimed when she saw that they were alright, "I was so worried!"

"We're fine, Aurora," Ash said, then he turned to the young man in front of him, "I don't know who you and your Pokemon are, but...thanks for keeping my friend here high and dry."

The stranger smiled, "Well, it's a good thing my Metang was raised to resist Water-type attacks. Oh, my name's Steven, by the way---Steven Stone." He held out his hand towards Ash, who shook it.

"My name's Ash. This is Aurora, and (he lowered his eyebrows a little) my brother, David." Ash then took a closer look at Steven's Pokemon, "Metang? I've never heard of that Pokemon before. It kinda looks like a Rock-type."

Steven chuckled, "Actually, it's both a Steel- and Psychic-type. My family's always been really big on Steel-types."

Ash's eyes opened wide, "Really? Steel-types? Say, do you happen to know the Olivine Gym Leader, Jasmine? She trains Steels too."

Steven nodded, "Yes, I do---in fact, she's my cousin." At that moment, Steven looked at his watch. "Listen," he said looking back at that group, "Why don't you all be my guests for dinner this evening?"

Ash nodded, "Sounds great, Steven. How about we all go to our room, get changed, and meet you there?"

"I'll be waiting," Steven replied as he turned to leave, "It was nice meeting you."

Back in their cabin, Ash was standing in front of David--who was sitting on the bed and looking down at his feet.

"I can't believe you'd actually DO something like that, Dave!" he said crossly, "You were told never to dive, jump, OR belly-flop in the shallow area! What you just did a few minutes ago nearly got yourself and me seriously hurt---and Quilava could've gotten wet!"

"Ash," Aurora said in a calm voice, trying earnestly to calm her friend down, "Please, remember that Dave doesn't know any better. We all know he didn't mean to do anything dangerous---even Quilava knows he didn't."

Quilava nodded and gave a cheerful squeak, but Ash didn't seem to notice this.

"I KNOW he doesn't know any better, but it's the princple of it: I told him not to do those things, but he did them anyway!" Almost instantly, Ash walked quickly over to the wall---near the door,---rested his forehead against it, and started crying. Aurora went over and stroked his back gently, while David and the Pokemon looked on with sad eyes.

"It's okay, Ash," she said softly, "I know this whole thing's hard for you, but once we get to Lilycove City..."

"That's not the reason I'm crying," Ash cut in as he turned to look at her, "It's just that,...well,...I guess, now, I know what it's like to be........Mom."

Aurora gave a quiet gasp, and smiled. She knew that Ash missed everyone back home in Kanto, including his mother. And his recent outburst had no doubt made him feel like a mother scolding her child for some mishap. She put her arms around him, and let his face rest on her shoulder.

"If you need to cry some more," Aurora said, still speaking softly, "Now's the time to do so." With these words, Ash gave way and cried heartily for five minutes.

When the tears finally subsided, Ash and Aurora remained held in each other's arms. Seeing that his brother was finally calm, David walked over, and put his arms tenderly---yet nervously---around them both. The Pokemon were eager to join in the group hug too, and were soon crowding around their human friends, uttering friendly grunts and squeals.

Ash, completely moved by all this affection, looked into his brother's face and smiled.

"I'm sorry, Dave," he said, "I guess all this 'having a brother' stuff is still kinda new to me." David smiled back at his younger brother, and started to speak.

"Y...You...g...good...br...bruuuther." They both hugged each other tighter, until Aurora glanced at the nearby clock, and gasped.

"Oh! We're supposed to meet Steven for dinner in five minutes!" The three humans quickly changed out of their swimsuits (Aurora changed in the bathroom), and the whole party was soon heading up the stairs to the diningroom.

mr_pikachu: Feel free to look for any spelling errors; you have my full consent.
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Banned

that was a nice chapter, and kinda touching at the end part. poor Quilava.

o ya! i got the whirling eyes smiley at the web site:

http://www.mysmilies.com

on the right is a menu with all the catagories of smilies. if you want to put one in a post then just click on the smiley and copy the address in the text box on the top of the page. all you need to do then is paste it exactly the way it is in your post. here's 2 funny ones: & *snicker*

any way, i cant wait for the next chapter!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

The Pokemon weren't hasty in joining the group hug either, and were soon crowding around their human friends, uttering friendly grunts and squeals.
    Okay, so it's not exactly a spelling error... but how could they join the hug SOON if they WEREN'T HASTY in doing so?

Anyway, I noticed you wasted no time in introducing the aspects in Hoenn to your story, which is fine by me. BUT THE "CRUISE SHIP" IDEA WAS MINE, DANG IT!! j/k! Even if you DID steal it (which I'm sure you didn't), I would be honored, not angered. Anyway, I'm still itching to know about the trouble that'll befall the S. S. Coral!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Ultra_Poke2000: Sounds interesting, and those DO look funny. I'll be sure to check it out.

mr_pikachu: Uh-oh! I didn't see that *quickly rewrites passage*. There, that should do it. Thanks for pointing that out. As for the cruise ship idea, I can definitely say that it's pure coincidence---besides, I bet YOUR ship has a different name, huh? Anyway, on both points, I'm sorry .
    ~Noela Evans~

My FanFic Library:

Banned

Great Chapter! I feel bad for Quilava, it cant be part of the gang in the pool. I am glad quilava forgave Dave. Then poor Dave he dont get why it was bad. Good length and description. Keep it up! And what do you mean you think you know me from somewhere? I am at a few other forums but don't post as much at the others.