Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: From Rookie to Champion - The Indigo Road

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default From Rookie To Champion - The Indigo Road

Oakbark: Ok, glad you're doing the quiz! It will be a little longer: The deadline is three weeks on Saturday! I'm writing Chapter 14 now, which will debut the quiz winner. However, the chapter is big, so i can write quite a lot before the character comes in. Lets say Martin from Toha Island returns with his Raichu, and Chris and Krystal enter a cool tournament in Pourie Town!

Dragonfree: Anne-Marie is such a b!tch! Daniel has a POV in Chapter 14, and i'm going to have George have a very interesting battle in Vermillion as the fic rolls on.

Ultra_Poke2000: Charizard, eh? How do you feel about a shiny one? I ask because Krystal still has hers. I suppose it could work, what do you think? Anne is patronising and rude, but i suppose we may see her inner person as the fic continues....maybe...

More spoilers for Tommorrow's Chapter...
    “Electabuzz, endure!” Chris cried, remembering the day he and his sparky friend mastered this attack. They had gone against Suzie’s Rapidash and endured all of her fire attacks, plus Suzie’s Politoad’s water attacks. It had been well worth it.

As Electabuzz’ waist was wrapped with vines, Electabuzz managed to use his powerful hands to grab the vines and yank them forward, causing Meganium to lose her footing slightly.

-but who is the strange figure they meet when they emerge from the Gym?
    “It’s alright,” Chris said, looking at the shards of his Pokedex. “Who are you?”
    “Me?” The boy said. “I can’t tell you. All I can say for now is that you must not tell anybody about me; no mention of me to close friends, near friends, close enemies or even your Pokemon. You hear?”

Keep going along the Indigo Road.....and you'll soon see!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Sounds awesome! I wonder who that boy is?
    The Quest for the Legends

Chapter seventy-seven, THE END, up!

Also check out the spin-off, Scyther's Story, as well as its sequel, The Fall of a Leader.

Morphic
    Winner of six 2008 Silver Pencils, including Best Fiction Overall and Best Plot
    Now concluded with chapter fourteen!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Dragonfree: You'll find out soon enough!

The Indigo Road
    Chapter 04 - The First Gym
    By Shinymarill

After a restless night on Route01, Krystal awoke to the extinguished fire and a ready-to-go Chris. His Pokemon had been recalled (Except Pidgey) and he looked wide-awake.

“Morning” He said. Krystal sighed deeply to herself.
    “We need to get some sleeping bags,” Krystal moaned. “I hated sleeping on a Pineco”
    “Who wouldn’t?” Chris said lightly, walking off through the forest.

“One day…” Krystal muttered, as they walked off through the forest. Pidgey seemed to really enjoy this nice place; he chirped his name several times while gliding through the air. Krystal didn’t mind him really; she just wished she could catch some new Pokemon in Kanto.

As they continued along through the forest they heard some gurgling. Krystal stopped and turned around, unsure of where it came from. Chris turned, too. He didn’t really know who or what made that noise, but all became apparent when a jet of water hit Kecleon from behind.

“Leon!” He cried. He turned around and looked at the attacker. He saw a small Squirtle running forward, water gun spraying from his mouth. There was no sign of a trainer at all.

“Hmm” Chris mumbled. “Pidgey, wing attack now!”
    Chirping, Pidgey shot forward and hit Squirtle with his brown wings. Squirtle fell back, landing on his buttocks.

“Squirtle!” a shrill voice called. Squirtle turned around, and saw a 10-year-old boy running as fast as he could, a Rattata by his side. The boy had fawn coloured hair that looked rather messy and had green eyes. He was wearing a woolly sweater with some nice diamond patterns on it and had green shorts on.

“Squirtle!” He cried again. Squirtle looked up and ran towards his trainer, hugging him.
    “Squirtle squirt” He pined, while massaging his buttocks.

“There, there” The boy said. He turned to Chris and Krystal.
    “What was that for?” He snapped, a lot of stamina and voice for a 10 year old.

“Because he sprayed my Kecleon” Chris snapped. “So I ordered Pidgey to counter strike”

“Oh, I see” The little boy said. “I’m George, and this is Squirtle and Rattata”
    “Hey George” Chris said. “Sorry about that, Squirtle”

Squirtle nodded. George, however, recalled Rattata.
    “We’re searching for some Teddiursa, have you seen any?” He inquired.

“No, sorry” Krystal began. “Maybe try in the thicker parts of the forest”
    “Good idea” George said. “Thanks, and I’m sure I’ll see you again”

Waving goodbye, Chris and Krystal walked further into the deep forest and onto Pewter city.

On the way, however, Jeanette had advised Chris tried his luck at the Viridian Gym in Viridian City. Although Krystal argued that they would be set back as far as time was concerned, Chris had to admit he needed to get into shape.

Viridian City, as they arrived, was a beautiful place swarming with fountains and benches. There were a lot of flowers in square fencing, giving the whole place a very tidy and neat look.

“So, can I come to the Gym as well?” Krystal asked. Hurriedly, she said, “I don’t want a badge, I just want to see you battle, that’s all”

“Of course!” Chris cried. “I need to heal my team and then I’ll be heading to the Gym”

Now with his team healed and Pidgey back in his Pokeball, Chris and Krystal headed off to the Gym.

The Gym was a plain rectangular building with the words ‘Gym’ written in bold green. It also had a pea-green roof, and looked like a run-of-the-mill Gym. Chris and Kecleon opened the door and walked inside. Krystal and Marill followed.

Meanwhile, on a grassy knoll not too far from the Gym, two young trainers watched Chris and Krystal enter the Gym.

“They look loaded” One boy said. He was about 10, but blonde hair and green eyes. “I bet we could beat them”

“Too true” The second boy said, also about 10. He had brown hair and hazel eyes. “Once they’re out of the Gym they’re Pokemon will be weak enough to take”

The Gym arena was a light, fudge brown colour with white markings. This Gym was so plain it was almost unbearable. A trainer stood on the opposite end of the arena with a red jacket and a red baseball cap on backwards. He was wearing black shorts and had three Pokeballs on his belt.

“The name’s Cal” Cal said boastfully. “And this match will be a 3-3”
    “Fine by me” Chris said, getting a Pokeball out. “Granbull, GO!”

Hurling the ball as far as he could, Chris watched as his great ball opened up and revealed his pink bulldog. He growled and clenched his fists, saliva dripping in globules from his thick jaws.

“Meganium, you’re up!” Cal said. His Pokeball opened up and revealed some sort of Dinosaur Pokemon with petals around her neck. She had two antennas and was green in colour.

“Meganium?” Chris asked. “Easy. Granbull, take down!”
    “Gur-r-r-r-anbull!” He roared, getting on all fours and racing forward at Meganium. Meganium stood there, transfixed at the beefy Granbull.

“Vine whip!” Cal roared. Meganium leapt back as two thick vines sprouted from behind her neck. She shot them forward, having full control of them, and managed to wind them around Granbull, before using them to pick him up.

“Granbull!” Chris cried. “Try a bite attack”
    Granbull sunk his teeth into one of Meganium’s vines, causing the Pokemon to drop him in shock. Granbull collapsed onto the ground and got up. Meganium, however, was nursing her injured vine with her intact one.

“Use vine whip again! Attack!” Cal said. Meganium swished her vine forward, making it thrash Granbull across the face. He fell back, a red mark on his face. He was hit again by the brutal attack before running back.

“Try a dynamicpunch!” Chris said. Fist glowing, Granbull aimed it forward as he leapt through the air at Meganium. However, she moved her sinewy neck out of the way and Headbutted Granbull in the stomach, sending him back down to earth. He ground against the floor and lay there, groaning in pain.

“STOMP!” Cal cried. Meganium positioned her large foot over Granbull’s still body, and forced it down into his chest. There was a loud crack; Granbull had broken at least one rib.

“Oh no” Chris said, shooting the great ball’s beam at Granbull. “Good job”
    “Nice work Meganium” Cal said, giving his Pokemon the thumbs up. She smiled back at him, as Chris launched another Pokeball into the arena.

The light burst from it and formed into Chris’ mighty Electabuzz. He flexed his muscles at Meganium, who looked rather contemptuously at him. Electabuzz growled, sparks flickering across his body.

“Meganium! Vine whip!” Cal cried. Chris noticed this was a good skill Meganium had obtained, and Cal hadn’t let it go to waste. This was a Pokemon even Rika, the Miami League champion couldn’t beat.

“Electabuzz, endure!” Chris cried, remembering the day he and his sparky friend mastered this attack. They had gone against Suzie’s Rapidash and endured all of her fire attacks, plus Suzie’s Politoad’s water attacks. It had been well worth it.

As Electabuzz’ waist was wrapped with vines, Electabuzz managed to use his powerful hands to grab the vines and yank them forward, causing Meganium to lose her footing slightly.

“Meganium! Pull back!” Cal cried. Meganium tried to reel Electabuzz in, but he was just too strong.

“Thunderbolt!” Chris roared. Electabuzz, still holding onto the vines, drove a massive electrical current through them, causing Meganium to receive a huge electric shock. She fell back, and landed on the ground, knocked out.

“Great job!” Chris cried. He couldn’t believe how easy that was! Electabuzz strummed his chest boastfully as Cal selected his next Pokemon. Cal drew the lure ball back and forced it forward.

“Feraligatr!” He cried, as a massive alligator appeared before them. Chris gulped, as the enormous beast shadowed over him.

“This is a water type,” Chris said. “He’s weak to electric attacks! Electabuzz, send a thunderbolt right at him!”

“We’re not beaten so easily,” Cal muttered. “Use a double team!”
    Chris watched as Feraligatr soon split into three copies. Chris tried his hardest to distinguish the real thing from the two copies it produced, but it was very hard. For all he knew, Cal could have three Feraligatr’s instead of one.

“Electabuzz! Spark!” Chris said, unsure of whether his decision was good or not. Electabuzz growled, and sparks were soon issued to shoot off from the electrical discharge swarming his body.

A collection of sparks shot at the left Feraligatr, which made it disappear. However, soon after, the Feraligatr appeared again; This Pokemon was very skilled at restoring copies from double team.

“Water gun!” Cal cried. Electabuzz watched as the right Feraligatr blasted a thick stream of water at him. Electabuzz was struck in the chest and fell to the ground. The wind had been knocked out of him, causing him to clench his fist in pain and wheeze.

“Electabuzz!” Chris cried. “That water was high-pressured”
    “Too true” Cal called across the arena. Feraligatr kept his eyes looming over Electabuzz constantly.

“Thunderbolt!” Chris cried. Electabuzz shot a jolt of electricity at Feraligatr, who was hit severely by the attack. It was pumped to Feraligatr’s whole body, causing him to cringe to the ground.

“Great job!” Chris commented. However, Feraligatr got up and smacked Electabuzz in the face. Electabuzz fell back, as Feraligatr launched a slash across his left cheek. Electabuzz looked shocked.

“Now! Hydro Pump!” Cal shouted. Feraligatr’s red ridges shimmered a beautiful blue glow. Within seconds, he blasted a refreshing stream of high-pressured water straight at Electabuzz.

“Thunderpunch!” Chris roared. Electabuzz started to produce crackling electricity in his left fist and brought it surging forward at the water blast. The two attacks connected, triggering a huge static blast in the arena.

“Oh my!” Krystal said. Chris held his arm up against the impact of the attacks, and watched as Feraligatr stood over Electabuzz, his electric Pokemon worn and beaten. Chris got out the normal Pokeball containing Electabuzz and recalled him.

“Good job” Chris said. He then realised his choices were narrow. Pidgey or Kecleon would never be able to manage, so it was really Umbreon who he had to send out. Chris plucked the moon ball from his Pokeball belt and tapped it, maximising it to the size of an orange. Chris drew his arm back and with all his force he hurled the ball forward.

“Umbreon!” Chris called, as his sleek black Pokemon formed from the light. Umbreon gave a quick screech and stared at his opponent. Feraligatr looked disdainful at this new foe.

“Water gun!” Cal roared.
    “Quick attack!” Chris shouted back. Feraligatr blasted the water gun, but Umbreon shot through the air gracefully, becoming a black blue with shimmering gold rings. He tackled Feraligatr in the stomach, causing him to step back nervously.

“Earthquake!” Cal commanded. Feraligatr growled, sending a glowing tremor through the arena towards Umbreon. Umbreon remained calm, watching this with his intrigued expression.

“Agility!” Chris shouted. Umbreon leapt into the air amiably, evading the earthquake and landing back on the ground. Umbreon then started to glow, as a blue aura shone in his deep eyes. Feraligatr soon became coated with this blue glow.

“That’s a mean look!” Cal said to Feraligatr. Umbreon’s eyes then shone red, as Feraligatr seized up completely. Umbreon then smirked to himself, before preparing to attack.

“Psychic!” Chris said. Umbreon managed to levitate Feraligatr with his psychic abilities, and threw him across the arena, causing him to pick up dirt as he grazed through it.

“Return” Cal said, recalling his worn out friend. Chris knew Feraligatr wasn’t completely worn out, but he also knew Cal had a plan. This last Pokemon would be the strongest on his team.

“Go Typhlosion!” Shouted Cal. The ball opened and formed into the same Pokemon Calvin had. Chris stared at it, a confused expression on his face. This looked a lot stronger than Calvin’s…

“Umbreon!” Chris cried. “Quick attack!”
    Umbreon shot across the arena towards Typhlosion. Typhlosion stayed where he was, waiting for a command.

“Nova!” Cal said. Typhlosion roared, as a red flame flickered in each eye. His flame collar shot up and he stomped the ground furiously. The ground cracked, and flames from beneath crept through to the arena.

“Umbreon!” Chris cried. “Safeguard!”
    Umbreon protected itself with the safeguard shield, but the cracks from the ground soon started to seep with lava.

“Now! Shadow ball!” Chris roared. Umbreon growled, as a small orb formed infront of him. Chris felt a whooshing sensation as Umbreon drew shadow and energy from all around him. It felt like he’d been plunged into a bucket of ice-cold water. Umbreon’s shadow ball started to take size beyond a Satsuma, and soon a pineapple, a melon…a water melon…

“Fire!” he roared. The ball was seemingly large and was ready to burst. Umbreon pawed it curiously with his paw and sent the ball flying at Typhlosion. Typhlosion watched it, obviously charmed by the dazzling display. He was struck in the chest and collapsed to the ground, groaning.

“Typhlosion!” Cal said. “Fire punch!”
    Typhlosion got up, as a fire started to crackle happily inside his palm. He forced it forward, the ghostly flames flickering through his fur, and smacked Umbreon in the face.

“Tackle!” Chris said back. Umbreon shot forward and tackled Umbreon in the stomach, causing him to topple back slightly. Within seconds, Umbreon glowed a shimmering violet and closed his eyes. The three trainers watched inside the Gym, and Typhlosion, Kecleon and Marill each watched.

Umbreon shimmered the constant glow, but soon enough that glow was passed onto Typhlosion, Cal, Chris, Krystal, Kecleon and Marill. Everybody examined his or her hands or another body part as the glow seeped through.

“This is weird” Chris said. Within seconds, Umbreon screeched loudly, causing everybody to cringe in pain. Typhlosion whimpered; Marill and Kecleon were rather distraught and Chris felt his mind starting to numb.

“Argh!” He cried, collapsing on his knees. Cal recalled his Typhlosion, and Umbreon started to stop. Chris got back up and hugged his Umbreon tightly, who looked rather pleased with himself. Krystal looked like she was in need of an Umbreon fur coat.

“That was strong” Cal said. “Umbreon’s hidden power is a technique rather unlike any I’ve seen before”

“Cool” Krystal said. “You lead that battle, Chris!”
    “Thanks” Chris said, as Cal glowed red. “Can I have a badge?”

“Sure” Cal muttered. He handed Chris a badge that was a feather; green and white in colour. Chris took it, and pinned it to his cap for the time being.

“What is it?” Chris asked.
    “The earth badge” Cal grumbled.
    “But you didn’t use any ground Pokemon” Krystal pointed out. “And you used nothing to symbolise the badge”

“Just…just get out,” Cal grumbled. Muttering to herself, Krystal and Marill stormed out of the Gym, Chris and Kecleon shortly behind after recalling Umbreon.

“Ok, so off to Pewter Museum” Chris said, admiring his badge. “Come on!”
    “Halt!” A voice snapped. Chris looked around, and saw two kids, each about 10 with brown hair. One had a Hitmontop and the other had a Machop.

“Give us all your money” The Machop’s trainer said. “Or we’ll crush you!”
    “You couldn’t crush a can,” Chris snapped. “Kecleon, get them!”
    “You too, Marill” Krystal said.

Marill and Kecleon faced Hitmontop and Machop, ready to begin the bout. Marill charged forward, but was stopped by a small figure. It was a Pokemon. It knocked Marill back as it leapt from the grassy knoll above.

“Tyrogue!” Krystal snapped. “It’s a Tyrogue!”
    “Wow” Chris said. “Lets check the Pokedex”

He got it out, but the Tyrogue sensed this. It leapt forward and smashed the machine with its bare fist. Machop and Hitmontop, along with their trainers, stepped back slightly as this happened.

“Hey!” Chris snapped. “Kecleon, scratch!”
    Kecleon raced forward to scratch Tyrogue, but it blocked the attack with its arm as it leapt back slightly.

“Stop Tyrogue” A deep voice said. A figure was seen on the top of the grassy knoll, and soon sprinted down to see Tyrogue. Tyrogue, having a lot of respect for this authority figure, watched.

“Sorry you had to see this,” The person said. Male, this guy was about 16 years old. He was slightly muscular, or as muscular as he could be for a person of his age, and had slightly tanned skin. His eyes were an emerald green and his hair was a light fawn brown. However, he wore a tight black uniform and a black cap. He had a white belt, black trousers and white shoes.

“It’s alright,” Chris said, looking at the shards of his Pokedex. “Who are you?”
    “Me?” The boy said. “I can’t tell you. All I can say for now is that you must not tell anybody about me; no mention of me to close friends, near friends, close enemies or even your Pokemon. You hear?”

“Yea” Krystal stuttered. “Are you from Team Rocket?”
    “Don’t be soft” He chuckled. “They were taken over”
    “Yea…I heard something like that,” Chris said back. “Who are they now?”

“I can’t say another word,” The boy said. He looked around like a Sentret and surveyed the surroundings. He sensed something, and called for Tyrogue, as the two ran off ahead.

“Hey!” Krystal shouted. “Come back!”
    “He’s gone,” Chris muttered. He clutched his head slightly. “But I know I’ve seen him somewhere”

“He headed to Pewter City, just like us” Krystal said.
    “Well, that sign says Viridian Forest is right in-between Pewter and Viridian” Chris began. “Come on, we’ll head off now and we’ll be at Pewter by tomorrow”

“Fine by me” Krystal said, as they walked off. The kids with Machop and Hitmontop protested, but Chris couldn’t care. His mind was focused on that boy…that boy…

“Maybe it’s a headache from Umbreon” Chris stammered, walking through Viridian City.

Sandra

We followed Al through Crimson City, but he escaped. His Gyrados sure is tough. Starmie managed to send his hyper beam back at himself, though, which made me laugh an awful lot.

Al is cunning. It’s surprising really, for a 16 year old, but nonetheless very clever. We’re trying to get a tracker on him…someway…but it’s becoming hope more than chance. However, we’ve got orders, and we have to fulfil them. James gave us instructions to find Articuno and return Al, but he also wanted some Omanyte fossils from Pewter City. We’re heading there now, and I’ll be meeting Duncan there tomorrow.

next Chapter - The Kiss
    -The Viridian Forest is an unwelcoming place for Chris and Krystal as they head to Pewter City Museum...
    A red ladybug fluttered over to Krystal. Krystal smiled as it hummed its name several times. However, there was soon a tremendous roar, causing Ledyba to fly away. Krystal and Chris stopped dead; they listened quietly for any faint noise, but could not hear a thing.

-And what's wrong with Krystal?
    “Yes…yes that’s a good plan” Krystal said impulsively. “We’ll just…just keep going towards Pewter City now, right?”

-But things turn bad as Krystal finds herself attacked...
    Fear crept over Krystal’s shoulder as Beedrill held out his other arm. He prepared to joust it forward into her face. Krystal was shaking, and her eyes stared longingly at Beedrill, who was buzzing.

The Indigo Road moves one step closer on Monday!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Banned

So, the mysterious Al is revealed. Interesting having Cal as Gym Leader, excellent battle.

Banned

Very nice chapter with Cal as the Gym Leader. Kind of a grouch, though. Great, more Team Rocket jerks. I can't wait for the next chapter! I've been waiting for "The Kiss" for a while, now.

Great gym battle! How did he become the gym leader of Viridian city, with no Ground pokémon? Well, I guess we'll be getting to the love scenes in the next chapter...

Also check out the spin-off, Scyther's Story, as well as its sequel, The Fall of a Leader.

Morphic

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Nice chapter, now how many times do I have to say that, well the gym battle with the three starters, and named after the game is unogriginal BUT this is an early chapter so it can slide. Along wit mysterios figures, it is very good, I wood say moore but I am confused.
    If something is wrong, please say so.

Returning Hotshot Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Great chapter, and Umbreon's Hidden Power was interesting.
    Can't wait for next chapter!

Watch out for my new fanfic - Changing times

* Chapter 1 Up! *

Banned

Shiny Marill, I read the original FRTC, and have just started reading FRTCTIR, and I must say these are the best fics I have ever read in my life.

The actions, the descriptions, the battles, everything just seems so colorful and vivid. I loved the way you described the islands in the Miami Islands, I felt like I was there myself.

Keep it up, I think this is one of the best fics ever.

Banned

That was great, great battle! Electabuzz is awesome, I only find it sad that cris doesn't use noctowl anymore, they were such a good team together! Oh well, he has a cool pidgey now! Lol, I tried to take the quiz, and I promised myself I wouldn't use the fic, well, I maybe knew three answers, so I decided to let it go! Thats more fair for the people who really know the answers! anyway, I'm really enjoying this fic!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Hey everybody. i aint been on the internet all weekend, and i can see we've got ourselves soem replies! *pulls up sleeves* Lets get to work...

Jukain: Cal was originally Calvin, and was a kid who owned a Kadabra. But then i changed Cal to Calvin, keeping the original Cal in the Viridian Gym. Al is revealed! Gasp!

Raichu: Jerks? Sandra is eeeeeevil, and she packs a punch as you'll soon see. Cal is a grouch, aint he? hehe. And yea, the Kiss tommorrow!

Dragonfree: Gary didnt have any ground Pokemon in G/S/C either...did he? Anyway, Viridian just took their best trainer and threw him in the Gym ^_^. The next Chapter.....ooooh, lets just say one thing leads to another...

Powarun: I wanted to use a character in Kanto familliar with readers. I'm sure i'd have got complaints making an entirely new character up anyway. Mysterious figures....they appear a lot in the fic....mwa-ha-ha-ha.

Oakbark: Yea. He needs to use it again, methinks. *thinks thinks thinks*. He'll use it later.... We need to get to the bottom of that strange Hidden Power.

Hanada: I'm deeply flattered, believe me. I'm glad my idea of the Miami Islands worked for you, and i'm glad my world was recreated into your mind. I assure you, there are much better fanfics around, but thanks all the same! Keep reading!

Shadow: You should enter the quiz! You might win! Anyway, Noctowl does tell us a little of his life in Pontarico later in the fic, as well as Nidoking engaling us in a tale from Trueman Farm with Rika. Glad you like 'da buzz'

Ok peeps, keep watching for the next Chapter! It's up tommorrow, so keep your eyes glued to the screen. Oh, and does anybody know where Subsane is? he must be on vacation or something....but the quiz officially closes next week, the saturday!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Banned

Hi SM, Sorry for not replying as I've been busy with working with Skin Deep and school but I thought the last two chapter were great especially the battle with Cal, I think I know what the Kiss (chapter 5) might involve.

Junior Trainer

Just in case im not here tomorrow....Happy St. Patricks Day to everyone!

* Chapter 1 Up! *

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Jon: I understand. Cal was sorta tough, wasn't he? The second Gym match is a lot harder, but is it necesserily in the next town? The Kiss is a very good chapter at symbolising where Chris and Krystal stand, although it may be easy to mis-interprate.

Oakbark: thankyou!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Indigo Road
    Chapter 05 - The Kiss
    By Shinymarill

Trudging through the woods, Chris and Krystal were still heading for Pewter City. They had been told there was valuable information about Articuno there, so they decided to trek through Viridian Forest.

“This place is swarming with bugs!” Krystal said, looking around her in every direction. “And not just the common ones; they have Ledyba here!”

A red ladybug fluttered over to Krystal. Krystal smiled as it hummed its name several times. However, there was soon a tremendous roar, causing Ledyba to fly away. Krystal and Chris stopped dead; they listened quietly for any faint noise, but could not hear a thing.

“What was that?” Chris asked.
    “I don’t really know” Krystal muttered. “It scared Ledyba away, though”
    Chris just stood there a good long time. He felt for Pidgey’s Pokeball and prepared to throw it out.

Suddenly, a figure burst through the bushes. It was a Pochena on a red lead, and a little boy was being dragged through the woods and bushes with this snarling beast. Pochena stopped and sniffed the air, detecting a scent, which intrigued him.

“Do you need any help?” Krystal asked the boy. His clothes were hardly distinguishable from the mud he had been dragged in, but it looked as if he was wearing a yellow jacket. He was about 12 years old.

“I’m fine! Really, I am!” He said, getting up from the giant mud puddle. Every so often, he had to wrench the lead back to stop Pochena from pulling on it. Pochena looked eager to battle, so Chris stepped forward.

“Maybe we can have a battle,” He said to the boy. “Pochena looks like a pretty interesting Pokemon”

“Thanks” The boy said. He wiped streaks of mud from his face and then wiped them down his jumper. “The name’s Mack”

“Chris” Chris said, shaking Mack’s hand (Much to his disgust). “How many Pokemon should we use Mack?”

“Well, I’ll say 2” Mack muttered, struggling to fit the words around his attempts at stopping this mad Pochena. “Because I want to see what you can do”

“Fine by me” Chris said, as Mack and he walked towards a clearing. Krystal looked rather bored as she and Marill followed. Pochena was tugging Mack along, so Chris had to jog to keep up.

“Pochena! GO!” Mack cried. He released Pochena from his red lead, and he was wearing a cute red collar. Chris looked at it curtly, and drew a Pokeball. He strummed the side, causing it to enlarge.

“Go Granbull!” He called, sending the great ball out. It opened and took the shape of Granbull. He clenched his fists and roared at Pochena, who was running around and sniffing the ground.

“Bull?” Granbull questioned. He watched as Pochena lifted his right leg up and ‘marked his territory’ on the arena. Granbull looked sick at the sight of that. However, Pochena perked up and prepared to battle.

“Tackle attack!” Mack cried. Pochena trotted forward at Granbull, but he simply went on all fours and ran off. Granbull turned sharply, and faced the wolf Pokemon by snarling and growling.

“Show that thing a real tackle!” Chris said briskly. Granbull galloped along and smashed Pochena to the ground. He got up, and raced at Granbull, who simply got on his hind legs and leapt back, out of the way.

“Power up! Dynamic punch!” Chris commanded. Granbull’s fist glowed a pearly white, and it soon became streaked with navy energy. Within seconds, Granbull thrust his fist at Pochena and slammed him in the jaw.

“Poochie!” Mack cried. “Your fang!”
    Pochena stared at the white fang that lay on the ground, the top lined with deep red blood.

“Show that guy what you can really do” Mack said. Pochena nodded, and raced forward at Granbull, who looked slightly more scared this time around. However, a karate chop later, Pochena was smacked across the back and lay on the ground.

“Return” Mack grumbled.
    “Good job” Chris said to Granbull, recalling him. “Got anything better Mack?”

“Of course” Mack protested. “I choose you, Teddiursa!”
    His next Pokeball (which Chris noticed was a moon ball) Opened and revealed a cute little Teddy bear.

“Awww! Look at his cute little moon!” Krystal said, fawning over this adorable bear. Chris stared at her.
    “I’d look cute too if I had a little moon on my forehead” He muttered.

“Pidgey, attack!” Chris said. He had to battle with this thing a little more often. Pidgey emerged and faced the mischievous Teddiursa. Before the battle had officially started, however, Teddiursa ran forward at Pidgey with his sharp claws!

“Whirlwind!” Chris said quickly. Pidgey flapped a giant gust at Teddiursa, blowing him across the field. He dug his claws into the soft turf of Viridian Forest to hold on. Pidgey then followed through with a quick attack and struck Teddiursa.

“Teddy!” He protested. His moon glowed, and he fired a barrage of stars forward at Pidgey. This swift attack hit Pidgey, who flapped back in frustration.

“Again! Quick attack!” Chris shouted. Pidgey flew forward and struck Teddiursa, who seemed pretty weak for a bear. Teddiursa fell on his buttocks and started to cry. Pidgey then took this opportunity to clamp his talons around Teddiursa’s head.

“Peck!” Chris said gleefully. “Peck!”
    Pidgey was constantly rapping against Teddiursa’s head with his sharp beak. Each peck was followed by a sharp wail from Teddiursa.

“Headbutt!” Mack said. Teddiursa, still with a perching Pidgey atop, charged forward towards a tree on the edge of the forest. He slammed Pidgey into it, causing the bird to swoon a little.

“Pidgey!” Chris cried. “Quick attack!”
    Pidgey shot forward like a cork from a bottle and swooshed past Teddiursa, causing the cute little Pokemon to become confused.

“Teddiursa!” Mack cried, running over. He caught Teddiursa as he collapsed onto his arms. “Return”

“And I win again!” Chris shouted, recalling Pidgey. “I am on fire!”
    “Not anymore!” Krystal screamed, as Marill blasted a water gun in Chris’ face. Spluttering, Chris held his hand up against the water to stop him from getting wet.

“What a day” Chris said, sitting on a tree log. Charizard had cut logs down most the afternoon, so a lot of small chunks of wood were on a roaring bonfire, while there was two long thin longs being used as benches.

“Yea, it was exciting alright,” Krystal said, on the same bench as Chris. “But I suppose we can just relax a little now that it’s night time”

“Yea, you’re right” Chris said to her. All the Pokemon were out except Krystal’s Kingdra, which seemed rather unsocial anyway. All the Pokemon were asleep, as it was starting to get pretty late. Chris, however, was pretty wide-awake, as was Krystal.

“We should really be doing a journal for Articuno” Krystal said. “I’ll buy a jotter or a notebook at Pewter City”
    “Great idea!” Chris said. “We could take newspaper pictures and stick them in and stuff!”

“I wonder where he is now…” Krystal asked, staring into the treetops. “Soaring majestically…flying among all the Pokemon in the world…”

Al

I ran as far as I could. Houndour was running after me, but I knew I couldn’t stop and fend it off. Tyrogue could beat it any day, I knew that, but it was the time it took for me to throw the ball…it set me back too far.

“Get him!” A man called. These people weren’t a team, so to speak. It wasn’t ‘Team ____’ you saw in the anime; these people were real life hell raisers. They wanted me dead, dead as a…well…dead as a corpse I suppose.

“Leave me alone” I snapped, running. I noticed the cut on my arm from the escapade a few days ago. My shirt was ripped. I kept sprinting through the forest, as Houndour scorched it down with a flamethrower.

“Breaching contract, Alexander,” a shrill voice said. I knew I’d done something wrong, but it was the only way. The only say I had in this whole ordeal was how painfully I died. Ok, so what I said before was kinda in a lie, but I’m in a hurry; you people are sorta slowing me down right now.

They don’t exactly want me dead. But I suppose it would help if I explained all this to you. You’re probably a little confused with me. Ok, first things first. My full name is Alexander –

“Whoa!” I cried, as a stream of flames missed my ear. You guys come visit me in another couple of chapters; this is a tight situation, really.

“I’m freezing!” Krystal said, as she moved closed to the center of the log. “This fire needs to be warmer!”
    “Don’t bother waking Charizard” Chris said to her, the only source of light being the raging fire.

“I suppose it would be a little unfair,” Krystal said. She noticed Chris move closed to the fire. She could understand it, really. It was awfully cold in Viridian Forest…

Seconds flashed by, and Krystal and Chris had edged next to each other. The two were both basking in the warmth of the fire. It was so pleasant, although this sort of scenario had never popped up in the Miami islands.

“Look at all the stars” Krystal said, looking at Chris. “It’s beautiful”
    “Yea, it sure is” Chris said, staring at Krystal. The two moved their heads closer, and turned them slightly, before moving forward some more.

Chris

I didn’t really know what I was doing at the time, but it felt right. No reason, it was just generally the right thing to be doing at this time. I moved closer, closer…I could feel her breath reviving my senses as we kissed. Our lips pushed together as we engaged in a passionate kiss, and my world simply dissolved…

Krystal
    This was the best opportunity I’ve had for a while to kiss someone. Shaun was a bit of a loser really, so I guess he doesn’t count. I moved closer to Chris, and I was surprised how handsome he looked when he dimmed his eyelids down a little. We should not have had that Italian victory meal last night; Chris reeked of garlic bread a little. However, our lips opened up and we kissed, the night sky watching our every move…however, sooner enough, I opened my eyes completely, as did Chris. We backed away a little, realised what we were doing and fell back.

“Whoa!” Krystal said, crawling backwards along the floor.
    “What were you thinking?” Chris snapped. “Coming onto me like that…”

“ME?” Krystal asked. “YOU came onto ME”
    “I did not!” Chris bellowed back.

Both trainers breathed in thick, heavy spurts.
    “Ok…ok” Chris said, sweat down his face. “Don’t panic”
    “I won’t!” Krystal snapped.

“We just need to forget that EVER happened, Ok?” Chris said.
    “Yes…yes that’s a good plan” Krystal said impulsively. “We’ll just…just keep going towards Pewter City now, right?”

“Right?” She repeated. She got no sign of life form Chris as they got up.
    “H-e-l-l-o?” She said, waving her hand infront of Chris. He pushed it away, an angry look on his face.

“Ok! OK! Stop annoying me!” He snapped. Chris stormed off through the rest of the forest, seemingly confused with emotions.

“I’m only just being friendly” Krystal began.
    “Yea, and look where that got you” Chris spat. Krystal tapped him on the shoulder, and forced her hand forward, slapping him on the cheek. He stumbled back.

“What was that for?” He bellowed.
    “I’m giving you some common sense,” Krystal said. “You’re just being mean to me. Just because you kissed me”

“I didn’t!” Chris protested. “YOU kissed ME!”
    “GIVE IT A REST!” Krystal wailed. She held tears back badly, causing them to stream down her face. “Just leave me alone!”

Krystal tore through the forest, her cape billowing from the faint winds in Viridian Forest. Chris watched, ashamed of himself, as one of his best friends disappeared into the distance.

Krystal was walking through the wood. Tears streamed down her face, and she settled down on a tree stump. She made herself comfortable by lying on the ground, making herself a bed for the night.

“Marill, we’ll be fine” She assured her friend. Marill looked doubtful. However, Krystal then got up as a Beedrill flew at her with his jousting needles.

“Whoa!” She cried, getting up. She leapt back hastily. Marill fell to the floor and rolled along the ground, her eyes screwed shut. She opened them, and was staring up at the massive Beedrill. Krystal had to beat this bug.

“I’ll choose Charizard” Krystal began. However, Beedrill swung a leg around and kicked Marill. He then shot a needle forward and struck it into Krystal’s cape, pinning her to a tree.

“Hey!” She cried. “Marill, help me!”
    “Marill!” She cried. She blasted a water gun, but Beedrill buzzed its name slightly. Within seconds, his wings flapped at an alarming rate, allowing him to shoot out of the way.

“Hey!” Krystal complained, as the water gun hit her in the face. “Marill! Doubleslap!”
    Marill leapt into the air and tried to slap Beedrill, but a needle arm of Beedrill’s hit her.

“Chris!” Krystal cried, looking around. Chris was the only thing that could save her…but he wouldn’t. He’d just walk off…

Fear crept over Krystal’s shoulder as Beedrill held out his other arm. He prepared to joust it forward into her face. Krystal was shaking, and her eyes stared longingly at Beedrill, who was buzzing.

“Please!” Krystal cried, reaching for Charizard’s Pokeball. “Leave me alone!”
    Suddenly, Krystal saw Kecleon! He was running forward at Beedrill, eventually latching onto his back and scratching it. Beedrill wrenched his arm out the tree stump, setting Krystal free.

“Thanks Kecleon!” Krystal cried, as Beedrill tried to buck Kecleon off his back. Suddenly, Chris appeared. Krystal forgot all that had just happened and glared at him. As he walked past, she sniffed loudly.

“Kecleon! Hyper beam!” Chris shouted. Kecleon pushed himself off Beedrill and he glowed orange. A massive, orangey white beat burst from his stripe and forced Beedrill to the ground.

“Great job!” Chris said, giving Kecleon a high-five. The two looked at Krystal and Marill.

“Listen” Chris began. “Sorry about before”
    “It’s alright,” Krystal said. They stared at each other.

“So, are we going out or what?” Chris asked, as they continued through Viridian Forest.
    “I don’t think so,” Krystal said. “Unless you…you wanna…you know…”
    “Not really” Chris said. “You’re just a sorta friend”

“I wonder why we kissed, then?” Krystal asked herself.
    “Dunno” Chris muttered. “Maybe we’re just growing up a little”

next Chapter: The Museum
    Up on Thursday.

-Chris and Krystal arrive in Pewter City, preparing to go to the museum to research Articuno.
    [i]The museum was very large. It was a dominating building of about eight floors, and from the outside looked rather impressive. It was composed of strong pewter, maybe with bricklayers underneath to back it up.

-They unearth some interesting information about the fabled Pokemon...
    “This says Articuno was last seen heading towards Seafoam Village” Krystal explained. “It’s got a set of directions from Pewter, so I’ll jot them down. I’m sure we could go there and find out some more information”

-And Tony's new evolution plan goes wrong...very wrong...
    “Psyduck!” The Pokemon roared, getting up. I realised that attack was counter, and Psyduck couldn’t learn it unless it was close to…evolution

-But what happens on the basement floor of the museum? Who is threatening Krystal?
    “Take that!” He cried manically. He shot into the water, but the bullets lay on the waves. “Take that!”

Fine out as the Indigo Road leads us all the way to the next town...!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Banned

AH-HA! I knew it'd be Chris and Krystal kissing (just a lucky guess) and that it'd be different from the one in FRTC! Ah, the "cuddling around the fire" moment. Classic! And then, of course, they both deny starting it. Perfect chapter!

Banned

Great chapter Sm although I have a feeling that Chris really likes Krystal.
    Also is the gym leader of Pewter City Brock or Flint?

Junior Trainer

How romantic.........
    Just as i imagined it would be.........

Anyway, back to reality, i thought the Kanto sequel would be a bit predictable..how silly of me to have doubted your talent.

Great chapter.

* Chapter 1 Up! *

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Raichu: Its teen-love, fanfic style! Lets hope nothing more happens, eh? I'm glad you liked this early character development! It was interesting to write...how do i know what a girl thinks when i kiss her?

Jon: It's a 'happy-go-lucky' friendship, i guess. The leader? neither. Maybe they dont even go to the Gym....after all, they're heading to the museum...

Oakbark: I'm glad you're not disapointed. I've made quite a few new towns, like Bronze City, Pourie Town, Seafoam Village and Fliscoula (flis-cow-la) City. Maybe we'll visit them...and remember Crimson City!

I'm glad you liked the chapter. It was hard to carry it on for so long, hence the quick Al scene and the Beedrill escapade.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Love scenes... classic...

I just took a second look at everyone's bios, and I seem to be the only girl reading this story... I wonder why.

But I can't tell you what a girl feels like when she's kissed, though.

Morphic

Banned

Another great chapter.

I'd like Mack to appear later on. BTW, I liked the kissing scene.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Nice chapter, I noticed you use Pidgey a lot. Along with the love seen, every good book series has love in it exept for childrens book. Can we/I have a visual of what Chris and Krystal look like? Because that love scene really made me think of what they look like but I have no clue what they really look like. Please

Banned

Originally posted by Powarun
    Nice chapter, I noticed you use Pidgey a lot. Along with the love seen, every good book series has love in it exept for childrens book. Can we/I have a visual of what Chris and Krystal look like? Because that love scene really made me think of what they look like but I have no clue what they really look like. Please
    From reading it, I think Chris looks like the main boy player in G/S/C, and Krystal looks like the main girl player in Crystal.

I may be wrong, but just to get that verified, I would ask Shiny Marill, since she actually wrote the fanfic.

Banned

I think Krystal does look like Marina from the Crystal version. In FRTC, SM described Krystal with blue hair and a white lab coat.

Banned

AH! Finally I finished FRTC and FRTCIR! I first read FRTC on serebii, but I found it here. I am happy. Good job ShinyMarill. I can't wait till the next chapter.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Dragonfree: Really? wear that with pride! glad you liked the love scene!

Hanada Tattsu: He might appear as the fic rolls on, we'll see. I do have a lot of room for character development, so he could make an appearence i guess. Did you like him?

Powarun: Yea, Hanada is correct. However, while Chris has the looks of the main character, he wears cargo shorts (cream, about half way down his shin), with Vans(tm hehe) shoes on. His T-shirt is orange with long white sleeves. Krystal is based off Marina in the Raikou special, but she know wheres a black cape instead of a white labcoat, and her pokegear was snapped and smashed in Chapter 69 of frtc.

Hanada: HE! i'm a he! *sob sob* j/k. I can see the confusion myself.

Raichu: Yup!

Piyochan: Who were you on spp? Glad you found the fanfic, my friend.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Banned

WHOAH!!! that was great, I was shaking on my chair after the kissing scene(maybe it has to do with my social developments )
    well, if the fic keeps on going like this I defenetily gonna be an frtc:tir addict!!!

Banned

I forgot! It has been a long time.

Banned

Hey,ShinyMarril I just wanted to say great finsh to FRTC and great start to this.Oh,a question:Is Krystal's Kingdra actually going to be used(or be out) during this fic ? and when will Krystal fight a battle other than with wild pokemon ?

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Shadow: Glad you liked it! I can see this was unexpected from you guys, am i right? Glad i got you addicted, we sell TIR patches that work like Nicoteine patches, only £12 for two!

Piyochan: It's been ages, hasn't it? About November, i believe.

Pikachurocks: Kingdra is used as much as it can be, and appears at every possible location, but it is hard, as Kanto is a reigon. Watch out for his appearence in the museum (along with one of Al's Pokemon), his battle in Cerulean Gym and a fight against another guy competing for Dragon Rock!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

I can't wait till tomorrow... I want to find out more about this Al guy!

Morphic

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Dragonfree: A little more is revealled now, but the whole thing spans over a lot of chapters. It's a large sub plot to the fic, really.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Indigo Road
    Chapter 06 - The Museum Of Pewter City
    By Shinymarill

Chris

We shortly arrived at Pewter city. It soon became apparent that everything was a stone grey colour, and resembled Pewter rock. Viridian Forest ended and a slow winding path overlooked the small city.

“Not bad” I heard Krystal declare. Geez, did she have to review everything ? I told myself I was still rather edgy since that…erm ‘moment’ in the Viridian Forest, but I still thought Krystal could be so annoying so much!

“Let’s just get to the museum,” I muttered, taking lead down the small path leading to the city. A regretful sigh came from Krystal, which got me grinning. Last night the two of us had started our journal on Articuno.

Day One:
    Today we’re going to Pewter City museum to find out some information on Articuno, the legendary bird Pokemon. It’s been thought to cause a lot of snow back home, which is usually perpetual and ever lasting.

We had filled little in today. However, once we got the museum we would be filling out height, weight, roosting spots and anything else we could find, as well as sketching and taking photos.

The museum was very large. It was a dominating building of about eight floors, and from the outside looked rather impressive. It was composed of strong pewter, maybe with bricklayers underneath to back it up.

“Looks good” Chris said, as they entered the building. They approached a counter, with a pimply teenager sitting in a leather swivel chair behind a glass case. There was a sliding hatch for the money to be sent through. Behind him was a stern woman of about 47, with streaking magenta hair and broad purple lipstick on her withered lips.

“Yea, two children please” Krystal said, leaning against the counter.
    “Tell her to get OFF the counter,” The woman snapped shrilly. The teenager stuttered, and cleared his throat.

Please don’t lean on the counter,” He said proudly. Krystal glared ominously at the stern woman, who seemed in the least bit cooperative. Chris slipped the money under the glass hatch as the woman ordered the kid to ask for it.

“Ask about a family membership,” The woman snapped.
    “Would you be interested in subscribing for a family membership?” The teenager asked. Krystal stared at him.

“No thanks” She said, smiling sweetly. The woman stared at Krystal sourly.
    The two took their members wristbands and scanned them into a machine, letting them go through the turnstile.

“Ok, we should head to the legendary floor” Krystal said. “That’s the 7th and 8th floor”
    They walked through the lobby, which was really a realistic display of 3d Pokemon. Chris saw a Clefairy, a Cleffa and a Clefable around a meteor, and also saw an Omanyte and an Aerodactyl moving realistically.

They entered the lift, and soon appeared on the 7th floor. Krystal stepped out, and it looked amazing. A 3d model of Articuno was in the center, which had wings flapping a tail feathers billowing.

“Lets make some sketches” Krystal said. She whipped out a sketchpad and started to draw it. Chris watched, but it seemed she was having a hard time. She then stabbed the pad with her pencil, and roared loudly, spitting across onto the page.

“STUPID BOOK!” She screamed, hurling it onto the ground. “I HATE drawing!”
    “Maybe we’ll take a couple of pictures,” Chris said, getting out his camera. He snapped a couple of shots and waited for them to be processed.

Chris sellotaped each corner and stuck the picture in page one. He added some more jotting notes, like Articuno’s height and weight, and also managed to find some interesting information. Apparently Articuno had a roosting spot on Dunwurray Island. That was in the Miami Archipelago, near Talon Island.

“Check this out, Krystal” Chris said, showing her some pictures of Articuno that had been taken on Dunwurray Island. They were blurry, and out of focus, but Chris was still fascinated by them.

Chris looked, and Krystal was kneeling down, reading something.
    “What are you looking at?” He inquired. However, she held a hand up to silence him. Chris watched with anticipation, as she got up.

“This says Articuno was last seen heading towards Seafoam Village” Krystal explained. “It’s got a set of directions from Pewter, so I’ll jot them down. I’m sure we could go there and find out some more information, even see him on the way”

“Good idea” Chris said.
    “Where should we head next?” Krystal asked. “I was hoping we could check out the fossils on the basement floor”

“Sure thing” Chris replied. They walked around, examining other legendary birds and information, before heading towards the lift. They entered, and pushed the button to go down to the basement floor. However, as they headed down, the lift started to make an eerie grinding noise.

“I don’t like this” Chris murmured, holding onto the side of the lift. “I don’t like this!”
    “What’s going on? The lift is grinding against something” Krystal began. The lift them stopped, causing Chris to topple over. The lights then blacked out, plunging the lift into darkness.

Tony

“Let’s see some water guns,” I asked Squirtle. My faithful water Pokemon shot a blast forward and hit me in the chest. It stung slightly, but I shook the diminutive pain off me. “Again!” I cried. Squirtle needed to focus his power in order for him to evolve, so he was attacking me.

“Squirtle” He muttered. He didn’t want to hurt me. I could sense that pride inside him, but he needed to focus attacks much better. Perhaps I could borrow one of Misty’s Pokemon…

“Attack!” I yelled, soon after. Squirtle blasted the attack at Psyduck, and hit him head on. We were outside in the back garden of the Gym, and Misty’s gormless Psyduck stood there as he became bombarded with attacks.

“Rapid spin!” I cried. Squirtle tucked himself into his shell and shot forward, tackling Psyduck to the ground. He lay there, grumbling and muttering his name. “Follow up with an ice punch!”

Squirtle’s left fist now glowed an arctic blue colour as he charged forward with it. Psyduck watched, worried, as his fate became sealed like the ice sealed round Squirtle’s paw.

“Psy…” He grumbled. Suddenly, as Squirtle struck Psyduck, a red glow encased the yellow duck and Squirtle was hurled across the arena by a psychic force. Squirtle thumped against the ground, and fell down.

“Psyduck!” The Pokemon roared, getting up. I realised that attack was counter, and Psyduck couldn’t learn it unless it was close to…

Evolution ” I uttered, as Psyduck was showered with a sparkling white glow. His paws shot out and sharp claws peeked out of them; his bill became thinner and longer and four spikes shot out of his head. He grew less plump and much more flexible, and the light died down. This was a Golduck, and had a sleek blue coat.

“Golduck!” He snapped. He started flexing his muscles, and ran forward at Squirtle and I.
    “Attack!” I yelled, throwing Squirtle at Golduck. Squirtle shot forward with a skull bash and smacked Golduck in the stomach, winding the Pokemon.

“Golduck!” Snapped the vicious Pokemon. He closed his mind, and held a long spindly finger up at us. It glowed a deep red, as the jewel on his forehead shimmered that same colour.

“Is that…?” I asked myself. I suddenly saw a psybeam shoot from the bead on Golduck’s head, and it struck Squirtle hard. He lost his balance and fell to the ground, whining in the pain.

“Return!” I shouted. I shot the beam at Squirtle, and recalled him. I decided to head to the Pokemoncenter and tend to Squirtle. I had to find another way of evolving him into his next form, that way Misty might appreciate me more…

“What’s happening?” Chris asked, feeling his way around the walls. “It’s pitch black!”
    “Chris? Send out Electabuzz!” Krystal advised.

“Of course!” Chris said, looking around for his Pokeball. He felt along the surface, but he could feel a crescent moon engraved on it, so he put it back. That was Umbreon’s moon ball!

“Go!” Chris said, releasing the Pokeball that must be Electabuzz’s. His faithful friend emerged, the electrical surge flickering from his body lighting up the lift.

“Try Thunderpunch” Chris said, using the only source of light to open the circuit box. Electabuzz slammed a high-voltage fist into the circuits, setting them off again and giving off a faint light. The lift started up again, and started to move.

“Thank goodness” Chris said, sighing to himself. However, with another drastic clunk, the lift shot down the shaft uncontrollably, heading for the ground…

Chris woke up. He looked around, and Krystal was gone. Electabuzz and Kecleon were still here, but it was clear the lift was smashed to pieces. The doors were jammed and prised open, a crowbar lodged in-between the automatic doors.

“Let’s check this out,” Chris said. Together with Electabuzz and Kecleon, he wandered out the doors and around wherever they were.

This didn’t look like the museum at all. It was a damp, a dank, and a dripping place, full of stalactites and stalagmites. The rock was a deep brown colour. Chris wandered around aimlessly.

Krystal walked around the corner, Marill in her arms.
    “Chris!” She cried. She ran forward, and let Marill out her arms. She hugged Chris rather tightly.

“Where are we?” Chris enquired. “This certainly isn’t the museum”
    “Oh yes it is!” Krystal said. “This is the basement floor; it’s been designed to look and feel like a cave!”

“Erm…it is a cave” Chris muttered. Krystal slapped him across the back of the head.
    “Don’t be so silly! Of course it is!” She snapped. “They have actual Omanyte and Omastar down here! It’s great!”

Chris followed Krystal, and recalled Electabuzz as he went.
    They arrived at a magnificent underground lake. Tourists walked along the rope bridge that led around the perimeter, feeding the Omanyte that would leap out the pure water and onto the large, flat rocks that stuck out.

“Wow!” Chris said. “I thought Omanyte was extinct?”
    “They were thought to be” Krystal said. “They must have resurrected them or something”

They walked around, purchasing some breadcrumbs to throw to the Omanyte. The Omanyte would flip out of the water and their tiny tentacles would cling onto the bread, eventually getting sucked into their gaping but discreet mouths.

“Cute” Chris muttered. “I’m going to catch an Omanyte”
    “You what?” Krystal asked. “But it’s against the law!”

Chris ignored her. He reached for a Pokeball on his belt and hurled it out, the white light taking the form of Pidgey. However, the tiny bird joined Omanyte as they eat breadcrumbs from rocks.

“Hey!” Chris shouted. “Get back to the fight!”
    “Face it” Krystal said. “He’s a gastronome”

Chris recalled his Pidgey, displeased with this lack of respect and dignity. He put the ball back on his belt, and was about to select another Pokeball. However, there was a sudden rush of panic.

A large group of people ran down a large set of stone steps, which inevitably led up to the other floors of the museum. Chris had just noticed this, now being at the other end of the relatively small lake with Krystal. In fact, the lake seemed much more like a massive pond…

The group ran down; it was composed of about 20. They all dressed in light violet and a woman with blonde hair that was very, very long was leading the group. It reached past her hips, and she had dark green eyes.

She had a Starmie by her side. The Starmie’s core pulsed loudly and emitted a fragile, gentle noise. However, it stopped after about 30 seconds. The woman began to speak.

“Ok, everybody span out” She snapped. The group all ran into the crowd, pushing people apart and asking people questions. They held up a picture of somebody, and interrogated the tourists with a pistol.

“Hey, what are they doing?” Chris asked.
    “Not sure” Muttered Krystal. “Keep down”

Suddenly, the woman stared at Krystal and Chris, both trainers on the bridge that clung to the wall and went around the lake.
    “Ask them,” She snapped. The man nodded, and ran forward with his Sandslash.

“Hey, kids” He said, his face splattered with a grin. His black boots made an echoing clump as they struck the soggy planks of the bridge. “Fancy helping us out?”

Chris shook a lot. Krystal was also rather shaky, but she tried her best to remain calm. “Depends what you mean” Krystal said slickly. The man grinned. He then drew a silver revolver from his pocket, and held out a photo.

“Have you seen this kid?” He asked. The revolver was pointed at Krystal. Chris could see beads of sweat trickling down her forehead in panic. Chris saw the photo, and it was the kid they saw in Viridian City!

“…Nope…not at all” Krystal said unconvincingly. The man raised an eyebrow.
    “This girl has some information,” He said. “Sandslash! Pin missile!”

Sandslash leapt into the air and fired an array of sharp pins at Krystal, pinning her cape to the wall. She tried to move, but she couldn’t. She had been restricted.
    “Help!” Krystal cried. Tourists and townsfolk ran forward, but the man held the gun out.

“STAY BACK!” He snapped. Krystal released a Pokeball into the water, and Kingdra formed. He ducked underwater and avoided the man’s fire. However, the man kept Sandslash guarding Krystal and turned to the water.

“Take that!” He cried manically. He shot into the water, but the bullets lay on the waves. “Take that!”

Suddenly, the woman caught sight of this and stormed across the other side of the bridge, eventually reaching Krystal and Chris.

“Starmie, search the water” She snapped. Clicking her fingers, Starmie instantly teleported from where it was, and appeared next to the woman. Starmie’s pulsing core started to throb, and the waters brimmed with a blue aura.

Omanyte started to levitate from the water, and floated in mid-air. They stared helplessly and wiggled their small, tiny tentacles in the air as Starmie brought them towards the pack of people.

The team of people hurled Pokeballs at the Omanyte, catching them securely and putting the balls on their empty belts.

“Stop!” Krystal cried. “Kingdra! Bubblebeam!”
    Kingdra popped out of the water and fired a blast of hard bubbles at Starmie, ending the psychic connection. The remaining Omanyte all dropped into the water.

“Hey!” The woman called. “Starmie, ice beam!”
    Starmie cried out, and blasted a blue beam from her top segment. It shot forward at Kingdra, who ducked underwater to evade being hit.

“Good job” Krystal said, pinned against the wall. “Try a hyper beam!”
    Kingdra was about to perform an attack, but a white sphere of energy was seen forming into the water from far away.

A humongous Gyrados emerged from the light and roared loudly, its slinky shape bearing itself infront of Kingdra. He looked rather spooked by this impressive Dragon Pokemon.

“Hyper beam” a hoarse voice said. Almost everybody turned round to look at the top of the long, wide staircase to see the same boy on the photograph. He stood there, a Pokeball outstretched. Gyrados blasted an orange hyper beam straight towards Starmie.

“Psychic” The woman snapped. “Al, stop fooling around; you were always too weak”
    Starmie created a psychic force around the hyper beam, causing it to turn and shoot back towards Gyrados.

Chris watched with fascination; it reminded him of his Magikarp, and how he abandoned it a long time ago. He was young…he was naïve back then. He then realised that this woman and Al knew each other…

“Shut up Sandra, you old cow” Al rasped. “Gyrados, evade!”
    Gyrados easily slinked out of the way to avoid the hyper beam. The ceiling shook and the ground trembled as the rocks from the hit crumbled and parted, falling into the pond/lake.

“Return” Al said, recalling Gyrados. “Just let those Omanyte go”
    “You wish” One man said, the same man who had previously inquired Krystal about Al’s whereabouts.

“Scyther!” Al called. Scyther formed from the Pokeball he threw. “Cut”
    Scyther nodded, and flapped his wings. He shot down at the members of this gang, a scythe stretched out.

Scyther streaked past one man, causing the Pokeballs to fall heavily onto the ground. Scyther turned, and faced the man.

“Sandslash, get him!” The man cried. He had fuzzy maroon hair that was very short.
    “Scyther! Swords dance!” Al shouted.

Sandslash fired a flurry of pins directly at Scyther, whose mid-air spin prevented him from any harm. Scyther then struck his scythe into Sandslash’s skull, hurting the Pokemon a lot.

“Take that, Duncan” Al said. “Scyther! Fury swipes!”
    Scyther raced forward, cutting Pokeballs from the members of the gang. As he did so, Tyrogue (Who was by Al’s side) would collect the Pokeballs and toss them back up to Al, who had them in a bag.

“Good job guys” He said, recalling Scyther. Suddenly, Pokeball flashes lit up the dimly lit cave, and a barrage of Pokemon raced forward up the stone steps towards Al.

“Tyrogue, let’s go,” Al said, running off. He disappeared as the steps disappeared into darkness. Duncan, along with the other members of this gang (As well as Sandra and Starmie) gave chase.

Tourists looked around; glad the bottleneck had been stopped. Some thanked Krystal, and one little girl even thanked Chris. Some people had their photos taken with Krystal, although in truth she had done little to contribute.

“Well then, I suppose it’s back on the road for us” Krystal began.
    “Can’t I get a badge at the Gym?” Chris asked.

“Don’t be stupid” Krystal said. “We have a task here”
    “But can’t we just go to the Gym?” Chris whined. Krystal released a Pokeball and her ever-faithful Charizard emerged by her side.

“Nope” Krystal said, as Charizard released a torrent of flames at Chris, causing him to run off towards the next destination. Charizard had changed; he was more like Krystal’s soldier, henchman or bodyguard, and with size like that Chris had no reason to complain.

“Nidoking, where are you?” Chris asked himself. “I could really use you right now”

“So, those two are the travellers I’ve heard of” a voice said. “Graveller, go get them for me, we need to see them”

Next Chapter: 2nd Catch, 2nd Badge
    -Chris is greeted by a challanger in Pewter City...who just so happens to be the Gym Leader!
    I was impressed about your past experiences in Gyms. Please visit Pewter Gym for an official Match. Yours Sincerely, Troy Of Pewter Gym ” Chris read. “That must be the Gym leader”

-But it all goes horribly wrong...
    “Stomp attack!” Troy cried. Chris couldn’t believe it! Rhyhorn slammed his foot down onto Granbull’s back, and made a sickening crunch. Granbull lay there, obviously suffering intensely from the last attack.

-And Megan comes to terms with herself...this can't go on much loger...
    [i]“I…don’t want to live” Megan murmured. She collapsed on the floor. “I’m so far into the world of thieves, and have waded so far into a life of crime, that turning back is just as tedious as going on”

“Don’t say that” Jet replied. “We just need some food”
    “No” Megan muttered. “This is the end”

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Banned

Great chapter, although I wonder if Troy of Pewter City is related to Brock in any way. are Sandra and Al the new Megan and Jet?

Awesome chapter! The guy and the woman at the counter were funny!
    Hmmm... Omanyte alive at the Pewter museum and Kabutops alive at the tenth gym in the Miami islands? I wonder if there will be an alive Aerodactyl sometime?

Morphic

Junior Trainer

Interesting chapter........

I would like if you developed more on each individual pokemon's personality, like you are doing with Charizard in this chapter. It would be interesting to get an insight on their pokemon pals on each team, their loves and hates etc. Its only a suggestion, but i think you would make an excellent job of it if you tried.

* Chapter 1 Up! *

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Nice, chapter, Is granbull going to die. Even though I dislike Granbull in genarl there are exeptions. That was great having krystal being famous for barely anything. Chris should have go a Kubuto or Omynait since it would add a difference in vcariety

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hey SM your review is up!
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Hey guys! I'd like to announce i'm SUPER HAPPY, as i have an audition next weekend (29th March) for the NATIONAL YOUTH THEATRE in London! I'm so excited....but while i learn some stuff for my audition, lets answer!

JonUKX: Hey, maybe you're right! I wanted Brock to be the leader, but if you remember Cjapter 35, he made an appearence in his anime form. Brock DOES return...funnily enough, in Celadon City...scissor street.....

Al and Sandra are not the new Megan and Jet. If you saw the man with Sandslash (Duncan), the one who inquired Krystal, you'd notice he was an executive, mentioned in FRTC, along with Sandra. His rank is lower, now: He's a grade A grunt. This is all explained much better in the fic, but Al and Sandra do not see eye to eye any more, although they may once have....and remember, Sandra is an adult, and Al is 16.

Dragonfree: Good point! Aerodactyl will maybe make an appearence, and a very big battle, in a later chapter set inbetween Celadon and the Bike Path. Krystal meets somebody else competing for Dragon Rock who owns his own unofficial Gym to train, where he might get recognition and reputation. Not everything is set in stone, but it is *hopefully* going to be called 'Showdown at Fortune Gym', which is exciting to write and design ^^;;;;

Oakbark: I love doing that; exploring Pokemon's characters. Chris' later Pokemon (in fact, one in this next chapter) has a couple of paragraphs of his veiw on the battle, and how he feels when he is hit. Chris' Pidgey soon devlops an interesting character, too, and even Granbull seems to change. It doesnt really kick in for a while, however.

Powarun: I like Omanyte loads, and if you want, i can PM you a sneaky spoiler for that Pokemon's later role at the end of the fanfic. Granbull may or may not die, you'll have to see. Remember, it's a rock Gym...

GL: Thanks!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Banned

Sorry, I am a little bit late. Great chapter SM! Will there be more of Al? He seems pretty interesting.

Banned

I'm late to post here, since I have Ruby version. Nice chapter; it seems Krystal does have a "thang" for Chris, jugging from her hug.

Banned

Sorry for not posting in so long, I was on vacation. Awww...I think they really do care about each other and don't want to admit it, but that's just me, and I'm usually wrong. Ooo...Tony got Misty's Psyduck to evolve. Great chapters.