Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mod Contest CHALLENGES!

Random Drop-By Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Mod Contest CHALLENGES!

Hey hey! Remember that competition thing some of you signed up for to be a mod? Well it didn't just fade away into nothingness, this idea is gonna fly baby. It's gonna fly.

This topic is to announce the many Challenges of this Reality TV Show Mod Contest. First of all, all 17 of you have been broken up into two tribes. The two tribes will face off, the winner getting "immunity" meaning no member from their tribe can be eliminated that round. Once the number of people per tribe is halved, we'll merge the tribes and continue with elimination and immunity through various competitions. Until 4 of you are left, and then... maybe I won't say what we'll do with y'all yet after that. Just for some suspense! First season of the show, gotta keep it suspenseful. Anyway!
    The two random tribes are...

The MR Tribe
    Co1 [Quit]
    Reborned Dragon
    Captain Pringle
    Quicksilver62160 [DQ'd]
    Dragon Claw [Removed]
    I love X Tina
    mr_pikachu
    Cyndaquil7
    Craig

The M_r Tribe
    FireGuardian [DQ'd]
    Gavin Luper
    DragoKnight
    Hyperness is a Good Thing
    CCC
    The Decapitated Mole
    Team Rocket's Lugia [Eliminated]
    mistysakura

yes yes, one team has 9 and one has 8. that just means some will have to sit out as the numbers change between teams. And as for the tribe names, if you don't get it, you may not have been around long enough to remember those past mods. but it's clever, i swear! *kudos to oz for the clever names*

The members of the team that wins Immunity are safe from elimination. Since they are safe from the mod's wrath, the symbol of immunity will be the seizure-inducing stamp of mewf0ur, who feels quite immune to us anyway . the cleverness doesn't stop there though!
    Well, maybe it does.

FIRST CHALLENGE Pay attention tribes!

Charmander. Bulbasaur. Squirtle.
    The age-old, fool-proof judge of who is superior. Each contestant will send a PM(Private Message) to either OzAndrew or I with a choice in it. The choice will read either "Charmander" "Bulbasaur" or "Squirtle". One person from both teams will be matched up against each other, and the one who picks the stronger pokemon as compared to his opponent's, wins. like rock paper scissors guys! right!

The match-ups:
    MR Tribe vs. M_r Tribe
    Co1 vs. FireGuardian
    Reborned Dragon vs. Dragoknight
    Quicksilver62160 vs. Hyperness is a Good Thing
    Dragon Claw vs. CCC
    mr_pikachu vs. The Decapitated Mole
    Cyndaquil7 vs. Team Rocket's Lugia
    Craig vs. mistysakura

Gavin and Pringle are out of town so they're sitting out, and I love X tina is out too to even up the teams. they're not out of the mod contest, just not gonna send participate in this one challenge. you still live and die with however your tribe does .

Team with the most victories in their match-ups wins! if someone doesn't send a pm they lose automatically!

Team MR send PM to me, dratinihaunter13
    Team M_r send PM to him, OzAndrew

You all have til the 18th to send the PM, so hurry up. Choose either Charmander, Bulbasaur, or Squirtle. GO!

any questions post 'em here or pm us

dratini by day

haunter by night

Best. Forum. Ever.

Uh, a question about the first challenge, what would happen if the Pokémon chosen would be the same. I don't think you talked about that, so would both contestants still be in or something like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by PancaKe
    The decapitated mole is a fruit loop.

You heard it here first, folks!

3-time winner of Fanfic's "Oddest Writer" award!

Knight of I.N.D.E.E.D.

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Then its a draw, with no point awarded to either side.

'Sides this is just an immunity challenge. The elimination challenge will be for the losing team. Hehehehe DH is Jeff Probst. Lol.

Elite Trainer

pm deadline is the end of today! so get them sent! i have 5 from the MR tribe oz, how many do YOU have? hmmmmm???

ack! i've been jeff probsted!

dratini by day

haunter by night

Best. Forum. Ever.

Super Moderator

Well I think its clear to say that all PMs are now closed, I'll PM DH the results of my PMs so I guess if we don't catch eachother online, he can do the work I mean, have the honour ^^; >=]

And the losing Tribe, well you have to face a task in which the weakest link is evicted. Lol. DH, being Jeff Probst is cool, you go overseas and taunt people I'd love that job.

I'm dissapointed team Mew_ryuu ;_; You DO want to win right? But you can still win... somehow. You should've all sent in your PM's

And a new little ditty, if you fail to compete in an elimination challenge, its an Auto KO for you.

EDIT: And if you're going to be away for up to a week, please tell us. More than that and its a KO for you.

Sorry, I ve been busy latly, so I didn't PM, please don't kick me off!

P.S. Please change Lugia of LI to Team Rocket's Lugia please. Thanks.

Elite Trainer

don't worry, we won't kick you off for not sending the PM, it's just an auto-loss to whoever your opponent was unless he/she didn't send one in either. speaking of which...results!

MR Tribe vs. M_r Tribe

Co1 vs. FireGuardian
    Squirtle vs. Squirtle DRAW

Reborned Dragon vs. Dragoknight
    Can't find the pokeball! vs. Squirtle M_r Tribe!

Quicksilver62160 vs. Hyperness is a Good Thing
    Doesn't have a pogey! vs. Squirtle M_r Tribe

Dragon Claw vs. CCC
    Huh? vs. What? DRAW

mr_pikachu vs. The Decapitated Mole
    Bulbasaur vs. Charmander M_r Tribe!

Cyndaquil7 vs. Team Rocket's Lugia
    Squirtle vs. Sry too busy MR Tribe!

Craig vs. mistysakura
    Bulbasaur vs. i'm lost MR Tribe!

BAH! the M_r tribe is victorious!! by one point, the excitement! team, get it in gear. now the M_r tribe gets Immunity, which is a mug shot of Mewf0ur. enjoy. the MR tribe is subject to having one of its members eliminated. we'll update with the elimination game shortly .

dratini by day

haunter by night

Best. Forum. Ever.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Bah. *runs before he gets eliminated* ^_^

Nah, but seriously, as I already told Oz, I'm gonna be out of town this whole week (Monday 21st to Friday 25th), so, errmm, don't do horrible things to me while I'm gone. I actually wanna be around when I get eliminated, not have it happen while I'm away. ^_^

Cheers,
    ~ Pringle

We are half-hearted creatures,
    Fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us,

Like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum
    Because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea.

We are far too easily pleased.

C.S. Lewis ~ "The Weight of Glory"

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Let me see...when was the last time I had half an hour to go on the net? LAST WEEK??? Sorry, there's beeen too much stuff going on.
    mistysakura
    2007 Golden Pens: Co-winner of Best Poem (Rain Eternal) and Best Reviewer
    2007 Silver Pencils: Winner of Best Poem (Death Sonnet -- Untitled)
    2004 Silver Pencils: Winner of Nicest Fanficcer & Least Likely Couple (with PancaKe)
    Former 3-time winner of Most Dedicated Reader at the Fanfiction Forums
    Also Keeper of the 'A'ctivator Unown

Brimstone Diamonds. The Artist. Tightrope. Solitude. Autopsy.
    Glitter (one-shot).
    Listen to Rain Eternal -- a song.

Random thought: 2+2=5.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Oh, what?! I've been banned from the computer for 5 days! I didn't even know this was on!

Oh well, at least my tribe won. Good work, team!

*gets into big group hug as we hoist the immunity trophy*

*tribe flees at sight of Mewfour*

*breathes sigh of relief that no 1st round elimination occured in our tribe*

The numbers are now evening, Mew_ryuu tribe! Let's go all the way!

If only we had a catchy theme song...

*decides against my zany interpretation of the Survivor theme*

Meh, all I can think of is Another Brick In The Wall Part 2 by Pink Floyd.

Any other suggestions?

*looks at weird expressions on faces*

Hey, it's the ultimate anthem for defiance and standing against the Combine/regime/dictatorship! We need something like that!

And stick that mug shot of Mewfour a bit away from the camP! SO that we don't have to see it and that anyone that sees it flees in terror!

Super Moderator

ELIMINATION CHALLENGE

Well yes, team MR is the tribe that must undertake this challenge. You must give helpful advice on this wonderful piece of writing I have bestowed upon you. You may give advice, re-write it if you may (I think not really) basically do whatever you can in your opinion.

And here are some rules:

- All entries must be submitted to my PM Box on TPM By the 26th of this month.
    -All those who do not reply will be auto DQed
    - The eliminated will get to talk with our Very Own Gretel on the elimination stage, provided she's back.

And now the wondeful trainer fic I wrote. Enjoy!

To Be A MASTA!

Today I'm turning 10! I'm getting my first Pogemon too! I live in Pallette down with my mum, but I don't know where my dad is. My mum says that he's dead, or rich, or he left her for a real woman. I don't know what that means. My mum goes to shave her face again and I realize I'm late for my adventure! !!!1 I yells out to her bye! and I run to Prof. Oaks, and he says I'm late! I missed ouyt on all the good Pokemon! I yell at him and he says my mum is a shim. He says sorry and gives me a pokemon ball and I realeaze it and I feel Pikachu! Pikach puika! Says Pikachu! Its nice so we walk aound and I get my pika to level 53 and we find a guy named martin and he says do I want a battle so I go ok and I then sent out Pikachu and then he used a sandshrew and then I used thunder and it died so he ran of crying and I said sorry and then I rann into gary and he is mean to me so I cry and hug my bulbisaur squirtle end charmander and we catched a pidgeotto and then i went to a gym and I found brock with a rock and he petted his rocka nd hads fun with ist so i battled him and got his badge and he follwed me. my pickauk catched a clefeair and we had fun. And then I runs into misty and we battles and

Chapter2
    then we battled more and I runs iunto another Pikachu! Its RICHIE! He’s Rich! “Hi! I’m Richie!” he said and we battled and he left. Then my Charmander evolved into Charizard and when it battled against Simon’s Jigglypuff and it got mad and wouldn’t listen to me. Oh and My name is Tim and I want to be a Pokemon Master! So then I went to Cerulean City and beat misty and she fell in love with me and so we pretetended we weren’t in love and then we travelled around more and I beat more Pokemon and stuff! Tommorrow I’m in the league finals!

And I forgot this, EDIT! Team rocket followed me around and tried to steal my Pikachu cause its at such a high level, but I got it back. And they had a talking meowth and like a snake. And I battled against a girl named Suzie and that water girl got jealous and stuff but like I won against her. And she had a Pikachu.

MORE TOMMORROW!

And I worked really really really really hard on this, my sister said its really cool! I’m going to work for Nintendo and stuff. Don’t say bad things or I’ll hammer you! >=o

K J J: JP > :

======

I really pity you for this lol. And yeah, all MR members. So if I were you, PM all your team if you can, and get them to participate, its not like you want to lose 6/8 members!

Craig

Andy, that was the single best piece of litterature i've ever read, why do you soil the forums with crap like EBTV, this is much better. You should revise *SPARKLE SPARKLE* EBTV and definitely write it like this. Tim is definitely on the path to greatness, seriously, this beats the pants off of anything here.

*that was a dare, by OZ LOL*

anyways, nice fic lmao i'll be sending in the challenge later..

MR TRIBE, RESPOND..we dont want the merger to happen like..after this challenge lol

Banned

Ok, Oz knew that I disagreed with having a mod contest in the first place, but I still went with it. But after seeing how the immunity challenge AND the challenge for the elimination, I think this is going no where, and even if you're having fun, Oz, this is not the right place or a suitable time to do it when you're picking a mod.

There are much better ways to eliminate the bottom of the barrel while still having an effective contest that actually proves something.

I just don't like the way this contest is being conducted, and therefore, I withdraw. Good luck to all the contestants.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

I agree that it is your opinion, Co1, and you choice whether you compete in the contest or not, but what makes you think that this is a bad way of judging. This is actually a lot fairer. Rather than have a quick discussion and choose a mod, this lets everyone have a go at least, even if they don't get chosen. It also promotes more fun and interaction within the fanfiction community. If you ask me, it's a very good idea.

If you could think of a better method, then by all means, why not share it with the rest of us. I quote; "There are much better ways to eliminate the bottom of the barrel while still having an effective contest that actually proves something."

So, share your wisdom!

Also, these things are just meant to be a bit of fun. It's a lot more light hearted than having a boring contest, and the challenges do have relevance in the long run.

However, your resignation does mean, at least, that we can now choose a mod much sooner, with one less person to eliminate!

Cheers!
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Well said, Gavin. I totally agree.

This contest not only tests necessary moderator skills, but it's also fun... and, like Gavin said, it's probably more accurate than just having a little discussion and a vote, and picking the mod that way.

This competition is fair, entertaining, and a great idea... but you totally have the right to withdraw, and I respect that. Still, I wonder as Gavin does... what "better ways to eliminate the bottom of the barrel" do you have in mind?

(On an unrelated note, since the deadline for this is the 26th, I should be able to get a reply in when I get back and still barely make the deadline. At the moment I gotta go, though, so I'll have to wait until Saturday to read and critique this delightful story. Cheers!)

Super Moderator

Well Co1 we were looking at if you knew the basics of a Trainer fic. We've got so many on TPM, and we've had some worse than the ones I've written above. Its a shame that you didn't see that this contest combines a bit of fun with a bit of work. Modding shouldn't be a chore, so why should the competition?

Sure you didn't like the contest from Day 1, and you've decided to quit. Oh well, its your loss. Toodles then! Seeya round Co1 and be sure to stop by the Elimination Lounge. Our hostess with the mostest ain't there yet but it'll be set up soon where all our eliminated contestants go for a final chat.

Besides since the beginning of this contest, we've had a rise in activity. Surely it can't be all bad, a new and fun way to help us choose a mod?

Bye now.

Banned

Originally posted by Captain Pringle
    Still, I wonder as Gavin does... what "better ways to eliminate the bottom of the barrel" do you have in mind?
    How about having a test that actually proves something, instead of just a test that is mindless babble that anyone with half a brain can rate? My argument was that something should have been presented as a piece of writing that could actually be sat down with, examined, and rated. Instead, there was a joke of a fic posted, that anyone can take one look at, and say, "Fix everything from length to spelling." Sure, it eliminates the bottom of the barrel by seeing who is an incompetent moron and who doesn't reply, but this can also be done by posting a decent piece of literature that would still give the more "senior" and "advanced" members somewhat of a challenge.

It's just my opinion.

Banned

Well thats good reason but I feel that as people get eliminated that the challenges will get harder as they go along for people Oz and Dratini beleave would do a good job. So I go along with Gavin and Captin saying this is a good idea.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Wow, so much for skewed starting numbers!

Now we've got 8 a piece!

Oh well, sorry to ehar about that, Co1. It was meant to be fun after all.

Well, let's continue the process. And hopefully we can get it done within a month or two! I still think this process is fun and right!

Super Moderator

The MR Tribe
    Co1 [Quit]
    Reborned Dragon (Submitted)
    Captain Pringle
    Quicksilver62160
    Dragon Claw (Submitted)
    I love X Tina (Submitted)
    mr_pikachu (Submitted)
    Cyndaquil7 (Submitted)
    Craig (Submitted)

And CO1, thanks for stopping by the Elimination Station, but letting you know, not everyone is as good as you at detecting problems, everyone has their own level of ability.

So hurry up you MR's you do want a chance to win right?! If there's an unforseen circumstance, tell us ASAP! Cause if you whinge later it mightn't be heard! Bai now.

EDIT: OOh, Pringle and Quicky need to send in theirs ASAP! Good luck!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I have to wonder if this is more than a test of simply editing and revising mistakes... *hint hint*
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Banned

I wanted to ask you something. Is there any chance this contest will be paused, because some of us (including me) are going on holiday, so we won't be able to compete anymore. I'd hate to quit, but besides taking a break, I see no other way but quitting

Edit: I too sent my answer by the way

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

As of now, I have sent OzAndrew a PM with my answer to the challenge. I am not giving up on this! And my teammates had better reply, too! C'mon, MR Tribe! Let's do it!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Out of curiousity, when you set the deadlines for the contests, what time zone are you using? And is the deadline the beginning or end of the set day?
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Well right now it's 1:42 pm (Pacific Time) on Saturday the 26th. I'm working on the challenge thing right now, and I'll PM it as soon as I'm done... so hopefully we're not using some far out time zone for the deadline.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I wonder if they're using an Australian time zone, as the majority of the mods (if not all of them... not sure where dh13 is from) reside there. I just thought I'd ask, since it could have some bearing on the results of this contest.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Ok, I finished and PMed my response to Oz already. But for future deadlines, I'd also like to know which time zone we'll be using.

But hopefully the MR tribe won't be the ones facing elimination next round anyway. *waves little MR Tribe flag* ^_^

Elite Trainer

I'm from Kansas. Time zone... CMT? or is that country music television? i don't really know for sure. as for the official deadline, we're lenient, if it's near the deadline we'll take it. i haven't seen oz at all today though, so i haven't been able to check out the entries yet. it looks like y'all need an exact deadline though. which is cool, i often do as well, so next time we'll make sure ya know the time zone. right now though, we're just saying 26th, and just giving all time zones a chance i suppose ^_^. right, oz, send me the entries already >_<.

dratini by day

haunter by night

Best. Forum. Ever.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Hmm, well I was just talking to fellow MR tribe member IloveX-TINA on AIM, and I started wondering...

After this round, there will be 15 people left in the game. If every elimination challenge takes a whole week, and only eliminates one person... we're looking at a 15-week-long contest. Kinda long, no?

Maybe we could eliminate more than one person per round, or have shorter deadline periods. Four months just seems a bit long for such a contest. But if you guys want it to go that long, it's fine by me. Just thinkin' out loud here. ^_^

Super Moderator

Woah. Replies! I haven't been on for two days! El Gaspo!

Well unfortunately, Dragon_Claw has to be DQed as his 3 week trip to Croatia will end up delaying us, so I'm afraid we'll have to let you go I feel really bad.

And our other evictee is Quicksilver, for not replying! So if you two could make your way over to Mist's Elimination Station in the lounge and complete the 10 Big Q's we'd be mighty happy.

And Dragon Claw, have fun in Croatia! Sorry we couldn't delay the contest for you!

Ok and regarding the Time Zone thing - I did not specify one, but generally, when I say the date, its generally the 26th in America. But for future refrence, we'll post it. Sorry for any confusion caused. Cause if I use the Aussie one, half of you couldn't work that out jk. lol

And DH, I'll pm all the contestants results to you ASAP.

Looks like the next challenge shall be up soon!

And Pringle, we've already got 3 down, who knows how many M_r might lose in an elimination challenge eh?

everyone needs a tiger to love Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

!!! Ooooooh....don't scare me...;_; People are getting eliminated so quickly!

=( Oh well..... when will the next contest be held?

pretty banner made by wurz ^^

I'm Over the Top! AKIRA SHOCK.

finally I have an asb banner ^^U

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

NGGGYYAAAAHHH!!! 4 in one round! Jeez, that's harsh!

Cap'n, I don't think you need to worry. At this rate we'll be done in one month, not four. Although, personally, I'd like it to go awhile. That way, when each of us gets eliminated, we can feel like we lasted a long time. But that's just me. Anyway, I am now officially worried about my team and its members... we're on the endangered species list! Well, good luck to one and all! It looks like we're gonna merge soon!

EDIT: C'mon, tell us who the eliminatee was! I'm shaking from nervousness here! Ease my tension!

*dies from hypertension*

Um, yeah. But, anyway, tell us when you get a chance! Please?
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Super Moderator

Well after losing 3 members in one round, we've taken pity and decided not to eliminate a 4th MR member this round. So those who replied are all through to the next round! Isn't this fun!

And the next immunity challenge will be available soon. Just waiting for DH to take a look at it.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Excellent! We're only behind by two! Go MR Tribe! Yes, this is fun! Thank you, oh forgiving masters of the survivors! We are most grateful to you! We humble ourselves before your greatness, oh great mods! Your modliness is fantastically extraordinary!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Craig

haha, mr pikachu..thast funny You crack me up

anyways, 3 in one round..that is harsh, and its a good thing ( I guess )That your not eliminating more people, well since 3 of our people are gone there really isnt much of a chance that we'll win the next challenge unless it involves a few people from the tribe and they pick who, etc etc.

You should make 2 sub-forums MR and M_r and only let those of the tribe see them

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Actually, if I recall, OzAndrew said at the beginning that members of a tribe that had more members would sit out challenges as the numbers fluctuated, so I guess that's what will happen here... still, it make it a lot tougher in the elimination challenges for the team who is shorthanded.

And how would we manage a sub-forum open only to members of a certain tribe? I mean, it's a great idea, I just don't know how it would work. And if we could do it, would tribe members be banned from the sub-forum as they were eliminated? (You know, to keep from spying after the fact.) It sounds good, so if the current mods approve it and if anyone knows how to create and run it, I'm all for it. Go MR Tribe! *blows tiny horn* Whee.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Super Moderator

Immunity Challenge 2!

Well Team MR seems you've had a bad stroke of luck this past but now we have another fun task for you. Its called a Scavenger Hunt

What you must do is acess the EzBoard, which Fanfic once resided in for a time. You must go back to it, and search through it to find a fic that once was there, which now is on this board. Like for example, my fic. It is on the EzBoard and also here. So you must find as many pairs as you can.

Also as an added twist, if two people on the same team bring in the same pair, they'll be null and void, resulting in no points for your team for that pair. But you must also provide hyperlinks, not just the names of fics, this is so we can check it.

And because Gavin and Pringle and Tina sat out the last Immunity Challenge, they may not sit out this one. And for M_r your two to sit out this round are - CCC and Team Rocket's Lugia.

Remember, you are playing for immunity! The team that brings the most pairs wins! Lets go!

M_r PM DH and MR PM myself.

This contest ends at 3rd of August, 6 PM Australian Eastern Standard Time

And for you Yanks, I think its 18 hours behind. So 11:59 of 2nd of August.

Oh and regarding that hidden subforum thing. Its a big hassle, plus people who aren't logged in can see it. So there's easy spying. Plus we Fanfic mods can't create it so I don't know how we can stop you seeing it And Mr_Pikachu, are you sure you're not getting caught up in this contest a bit too much? lol *Sees all his posts*

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Hmm, interesting challenge. I notice I'm sitting that one out though. Good luck to all. M_r tribe, let's keep the streak going!

Traveling Housekeeper Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Ahhhhh, I don't know how to acess EZboard, ahhhh. Oh and Lord Andrews, the wich was there, which is still on the board reminds me of: I was the one that was, That is, yet isn't. ^^

And he was asked, "What is philosophy?" And he answered, "It is a seperation of soul from body."

Am I still able to help people to get to the EZ board as seeing fireguardian has some trouble.