Thread: Legendary Pokemon in your pokemon fiction?

Banned

Default Legendary Pokemon in your pokemon fiction?

Do any of you use Legendary pokemon in your pokemon fics? If so, how do you use and/or introduce them?

For me, the answer is yes, but there is a gradual introduction and the legendary pokemon only works on its own accord.

Traveling Housekeeper Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

*Spoilers (not that anyone reads -_-)*

They're only introduced in the movies (yes my fic has short stories that are what I call "movies*

And he was asked, "What is philosophy?" And he answered, "It is a seperation of soul from body."

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

As of right now, I'm only 6 chapters in and no sight of a legendary.

I've thought about plots for the rest of the journey and throwing in a Legendary somewhere hasn't even crossed my mind. I really don't want to have any/many legendary appearances ever, let alone early on, because I want my fic to have some semblence of reality(yes, I know Pokemon aren't real >:0). Maybe as my fic dies out I'll have a Legendary appearance just to end it on a good note.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Well..yes..and no. The legendaries are mentioned a few times and appear in a few dream sequences Once in a great while one of the characters may see one while half awake, or only a bit of the legendary (like seeing Mew's tail behind a tree or something) and as another example one of my crachers CLAIMS to have seen Mew but, Mew never really appears.
    The human soul is an overrated commodity. I've bought sold, and traded them for pokemon cards"- Mr. Hell

Yes, I did use the legendary Pokémon in my fanfic. However, they are rarely used. Celebi is the first one that appeared, but readers had no idea about her significance until Chapter 5.

There are the made-up ones as well, but they were introduced in dream sequences.

Banned

In my fic, that is yet to make the jump from mind to paper, I don't incorporate legendaries into the storyline proper; I do have a fairly complex movie story worked out and written down that includes the legendaries of my own pokédex, but the movie is built around them, rather than just mentioning them. The fic itself has, or will have, little to no mention of them at all (though if one is mentioned, it won't be amidst such consistency blunders as in the animé [re: Ash and Articuno in the second movie, and then in the Johto episodes concerning the same pokémon]).

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I must admit Legendaries do appear in my fic; my most recently completed fic revolved around Articuno, until halfway through Articuno was ditched and flew off, so the journey to find him sunk :p

Suicune appeared, though, for NO REASON !

Oh, Latias and Latios were at the end, and they'd confused my character for Ash Ketchum, so they left :p

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Banned

Raikou stars in my fic, and so does Deoxys. It only happens in the end why they star there

Banned

My fanfiction stars the legendaries quite alot. Latios and Latias were the original Gods of the Pocket Monster era. Once Latias was killed though by the betrayl of the humans and by the hands of Deoxys, Latios created synthetic Gods which are all the existing legendaries. However 3 of the Legendaries felt a deep connection with the heroes of the story and began to realise Latios' intentions. Basically all the legendaries are evil exept those 3 (Kyogre, Groudon and Suicine) of and Entei, the wise one.

Where I live is purple. Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I haven't written one yet...but I might do a fic that involves Rayquaza, Ho-Oh, and Lugia....something like a movie, but with two different trainers, something like R/S when chaos comes.

...I'm not dead yet!

Banned

*Spoilers! Don't ask, don't tell...*

Mine will include Ho-oh, and maybe a few more, but you'll never guess where they will come in...

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Well, Lisa the Legend is kind of centred around some of the legendaries, though they aren't always in the foreground. Nobody owns them, of course, since you can't catch a legendary. Not without being killed by them anyway.

LTL has Suicune, Entei, Raikou, Ho-oh and Lunanine featuring, though not all in the same way. The dogs have a kind of allegiance happening, which Ho-oh and Lunanine are more rare. Most of the fic so far doesn't actually make sense until I get past the second crossover, which is chapters 42-43.

Cheers!
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

Banned

Spoiler Alert!

In my fanfic, Zapdos appears. For the first, time, its motive is unknown, but it will reveal itself once again.... maybe to assist.

Banned

I think it is ok to maybe have 1 or 2 if its a trianer fi cor something around that. But if you do one about the legends like I have seen it is ok but dont over do a lot of stuff on them expand a little and talk about other almost legends and stuff would be really good to see.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Spoiler Alert!!!

What are you doing?! Don't you want to keep the surprise?

Okay, but don't say I didn't warn you!

Alright, fine. I lied. No spoilers here. But I do have a bit of insight. I think that legendaries are used way, WAY too much in this type of scenario:

(let's use the name OzAndrew gave to his fake fic character for the mod contest...)

Tim walked along the path with his Level 107 Pikachu beside him. All of a sudden Pikachu's tail began to spark. That could only mean one thing. Another electric Pokemon was near.

Tim glanced around before spotting the yellow dog dashing around frantically. It knew Tim had spotted it, so now it had to battle.

"Go, Pikachu! Thunder!" Tim called out. Within a second clouds had formed overhead, and bolts of electricity flew toward the ground, striking Raikou. It was horribly charred and burned, and Tim knew this was his chance.

"Go! Pokeball!" he yelled. The red and white sphere struck Raikou, sucking it inside. It shook once, then twice, and finally three times before stopping.

"Yeah!" Tim yelled. "I caught Raikou!"

(Repeat the same thing for as many desired legendaries as you like.)

So, yeah, if the character is just running around catching legendaries, that isn't much of a story. If legendaries are to be used, there needs to be a truly unique idea around it, rather than the usual catch-all-the-world's-strong-Pokemon-and-trounce-my-opponents fic. So, yeah. That's my little tidbit of insight for you (with a bit of nonsense on the side).
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    A strange and magical frozen land of ice and beer called "Canada"

WARNING!! P.A.D.S.! SPOILERS AHEAD!!
    (highlight to read)

Tom does run into a Moltres, but he doens't capture it. Instead, he protects it from capture, and in return, Moltres comes to help Tom out of a tough spot in a Pokemon fight.
    [img][/img]

Mewfour is a Canadian writer and longtime TPM veteran.
    Over his impressive 9-year ficcing career he has won 5
    Silver Pencils and 3 Golden Pen awards, and currently holds
    the record for most times won Most Evil Fanficcer (3)

He's also not above posting stuff about himself in the third person.

Banned

Bleh, I choose the non-existent "None of the Above" option.

*SPOILER, although I am SURE not going to actually give away anything*

I've made up one or two legends (ehhh... more like sub-legends, yet they're more like Jiirachi/Celebi/Mew. Eh, they're pretty much a new KIND of legendary!). They're a main part of part of the plotline (that wasn't a typo).

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Yep, latios is caught, no really big dieal, he is just a playful little character that causes his trainer a whole mess. Then their is the legendary land, forgot what it was called, where you saw many legendaries
    If something is wrong, please say so.

Guess Who's Back? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Legendary Pokemon may be seen in my fic, but my characters only witness them, they never try to capture them. Though they have yet to appear in my fic, I have big plans for cameo appearences by them. They will never be caught though.
    The Lord of the Pokemasters
    Winner of the Best Comedy GoldenPen Award!

Make Me Lose My *Pant Pant*
    8)ALL ITALIAN BABY!8)
    LOL AT OLD SCHOOL SIGNATURE!

Are you kidding? My fic is entirely based around the legendary pokémon, but they're not used at all. So I can't really vote...
    The Quest for the Legends

Chapter seventy-seven, THE END, up!

Also check out the spin-off, Scyther's Story, as well as its sequel, The Fall of a Leader.

Morphic
    Winner of six 2008 Silver Pencils, including Best Fiction Overall and Best Plot
    Now concluded with chapter fourteen!

Craig

Yea, in my fic *discreit spoilers..* Celebi comes and explains something to Craig, the main character..but in a very odd way.

The real Shonta Moderator

The main character in my fanfic seems to have a bit of a history with Raikou. I'm trying to fit some more legendaries in there, especially Mewtwo.
    Random Quote:
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

My XBox Live gamertag is gleameyes26. Feel free to add me!

Vote for your favorite fanmade video game lyricshere!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

In my brand-new Fic,"Dreams Of Mastery",I'll try to involve a lot,possibly most Legendary pokémon.They're important parts of the Pokémon World,and they earn to appear...

*SPOILER*

In Chapter 3 or 4,Charly will have a dream of a future event.This dream will be created by two Legendary Pokémon tied to dreams.

I like Legends to appear in a fic,it makes it kinda interesting.I don't like a human to use them,though,they must be free,and important in some way.

Banned

I do use the legends, like Lugia, but I introduce them gradually. They do play apart in my story, once it's typed, but you're right Orion. The legendaries shouldn't be caught, unless they're captured by bad guys or something like that. They should probably have some key role in stories, but I think they should be supporting characters to stories.

Anyways, that's what I think.

Banned

In my fic The Story of Matthew Henington you see all of them they are being controled by the Balance Orb which was stolen by a good guy who turned evil. None of them were caught

Hmm...I believe a Legend may pop up in my fics but just for a moment and for the feel that it's an actual story. No catching them or anything but they may come in.

*the keyword is may which means I don't know yet*