Thread: May May Come (unrelated to the anime character!) (a few 'mature' scenes!)

I Finnished last Moderator

Default May May Come (unrelated to the anime character!) (a few 'mature' scenes!)

The very first MY fanfic. I have written this on a small notebook but it's still unfinished and I don't type it everyday. So I don't know when I post the next chapters because, I confess, I regulate my computer usage for my mental health. Of course I could ask my doctor if it's okay ot write more my Pokémon story, but this story is a secret because I am afraid that I wouldn't get a permission to write it at all. What's more, I myself am worried about my health, too.

But now to my fic, I hope you criticize.

The first MY fanfic: May May Come

The spring in Finland is treacherous. As soon you get summer clothes on, late frost strikes. As if that wasn't enough, as we all know, people, animals, plants and Pokémon face difficult changes everywhere in the springtime.

The main character of this story is not an exception. Kuomu Muikia is a 17-year old boy studying at a Pokémon high school called Kolmilammen lukio.

VR - Valtion Rautatiet, in English something like 'The Railways Of The State'. The train was late, as usual. Kuomu was leaving the southern city of Petikoltto behind. The Petikoltto Gym leader, Possi, had invited his cousin Kuomu to a Pokémon battle. Possi won, of course. His Wailord had more experience than any of Kuomu's Pokémon.

'The next stop - Kolmilampi.' said the announcement. Kuomu crabbed his luggage and head for the door. He opened the door and jumped off. Kuomu checked the surroundings to see if someone saw his jump. From the third car, a girl with red hair got off.

Kuomu recognized it was Meirei. She had been in the same train all the time! Kuomu really liked the girl. They were classmates and helped each other in schoolwork. That was mainly because Kuomu always came to sit near Meirei. They saw each other almost never besides school. So this was a rare occasion. The waved at each other. Kuomu didn't dare to go to speak to Meirei, as her father receiving her. Meirei walked to her father's car and Kuomu walked to a taxi waiting for him.

EDIT: the title
    Last edited by Mikachu Yukitatsu; 8th September 2007 at 01:40 AM.

Default Re: May May Come (unrelated to the anime character!) (a few 'mature' scenes!)

Monday, the 5th of May. "So you are going to take the German Pokémon Terminology exam already autumn?" Kuomu asked.

"Yes. Uja looked at me strangely when I said that to her. That teacher does not like exceptions when it comes to students. All the others won't probably take it until next year's spring." Meirei repled.

"Perhaps I should come with you, I haven't studied German Pokémon Terminology since I was 15." Kuomu said.

Meirei laughed. That was what Kuomu had wanted her to do. Meirei was so near to him, yet so far away.

"By the way, Meirei." Kuomu changed the subject. "What do you think is the antencedent of this sentence: 'The man said he had no Pokémon, which wasn't true.'?"

"It has two possible correlates." Meirei noted. "We cannot be sure if he said that or we cannot be sure if he had Pokémon. I heard that sentence in our group, too, and, this may be nitpicking, but I must say Laikka is not as exact as an English teacher should be."

Kuomu found Meirei smart. This girl should have no problem doing the German test before all the others.

Kuomu had begun to lose sleep because he always thought about Meirei. Revealing his feelings could ruin the friendship, or at least that was what Kuomu was afraid of. But today Kuomu wanted to do something.

It was a typical Friday break. In Kolmilammen lukio, Pokémon battles were a common pastime. Meirei had a battle with her friend Henko.

"I choose you, Milotic!" Meirei threw a Pokéball. "Go! Empoleon!" yelled Henko.

They both began the battle with Hydro Pump. Meirei's Milotic sent a long curve above Empoleon's curve. Both the curves hit their targets eventually. It seemed like it had more effect on Empoleon than Milotic. Next, Meirei and Henko both called new Hydro Pumps. Milotic dodged this Hydro Pump while Empoleon was hit again. "Yet one Hydro Pump!" Meirei commanded. Henko's Empoleon countered with his third Hydro Pump. This time the Hydro Pumps clashed. Slowly Milotic't Hydtro Pump seemed to beat Empoleon's. It hit Empoleon, which fainted.

"That was a good battle." Henko praised. "It's so boring to always use the same Pokémon. I'll borrow my boyfriends's Meganium!"

"Meirei," said Kuomu who had been watching the battle. "I can lend you my Vileplume! Want to try it?" "That could be interesting! Thanks!" replied Meirei and Kuomu threw the ball to her.

As she was going to summon the Pokémon Meirei found a small piece of paper on the ball. It said: "Meirei! Could we go together to look for Pokémon tomorrow?"

Meirei hid the piece and called out Vileplume. "Start with Poison Powder!" Meganium was poisoned but the game wasn't over. Meganium tackled Vileplume, which, in turn, used Swords Dance. Henko threw an Antidote bottle to Meganium. But before Meganium could open the bottle, it was hurt by poison and fainted." "OK! Let's go to the School Pokémon Center now! They'll be healed before the next break." decided Meirei.

Meirei and Kuomu went to the classroom. As the teacher hadn't come yet, Meirei had time to speak to Kuomu. "I think we can meet. Let's see tomorrow at the entrance of Muska forest."

Default Re: May May Come (unrelated to the anime character!) (a few 'mature' scenes!)

Now this project is no longer a secret. I think my doctor understood it and in his opinion it does not differ much from regular TPM posting. After all, it's he who promised me that I could return to TPM last January.

"Good day! Your hair looks beautiful!" Kuomu praised. "Hi! Thank you!" Meirei answered. As they walked along forest paths, they talked about many things.

"Pokémon lukio does not leave much free time. I even lose sleep because of the stress." Meirei admitted. "Yes, and it's even harder in springtime because Finland gets more and more light." said Kuomu, although the main reason to his sleeping problems was walking next to him.

"What do you want to do when you are an adult?" asked Meirei. "I don't know. Lukio leaves so much alternatives." hesitated Kuomu. "I want to be a Pokémon..." began Meirei. "What the heck! Does she read TPM?" thought Kuomu. "...Pokémon center nurse." Meirei ended.

They saw many Pokémon. They found it fun to just look at them, and they already had many of them, so they weren't going to catch any, at least not many.

"It's a Swellow!" pointed Kuomu. "And that's a Staraptor! I don't have one yet!" noticed Meirei. "Go! Ampharos!" Ampharos came out. "It's a big one! You can use your Thunder!" Ampharos's lightning struck Staraptor, which nearly fainted. "This Pokéball should do it." thought Meirei and threw the ball. Staraptor was captured!

Meirei and Kuomu took a break and ate their packed lunch. "It was fun to come here with you." said Meirei. Kuomu was happy.

Many thoughts cruised inside Kuomu's head when he walked to school that Monday morning. Or we could perhaps specify: One big thought that was Meirei, and then what to do with her. Time was against this because they had to end school on the 19th of May. Normally schools end on early June in Finland, but now there was this arrangement because of a school renovation.

Kuomu didn't dare to change his attitude towards Meirei. He kept the distance and Meirei seemed to be happy with that, eventhough Kuomu noticed that she had begun to smile at him in a seductive manner.

It was the last test before the summer holiday. The following day would be the closing ceremony of that term. Buy a twist of luck, Kuomu and Meirei were elected to have an one-on-one Pokémon battle with each other.

"Blaziken! The usual one should do it." said Kuomu. "The usual one" was one Hyper Beam followed by Ember. Meirei's Metagross used Agility and then confusion, which showed that it still had HP, which amazed Kuomu. Kuomu's Blaziken was confused and it hurt itself two times in a row! meanwhile, showed its own Hyper Beam, which had enough power to make Blaziken faint.

Their teacher, who had been watchintg the match, judged: "Meirei gets 8 and Kuomu 7! You both passed the exam!" The Finnish lukio grades are numbers from 4 to 10, 4 being the worst and 10 the best.

The growd had faded away when Kuomu and Meirei came to the empty battlfield from the School Pokémon Center. Kuomu decided to ask: "Could we keep meeting during the summer holiday?" "Why not?" Replied Meirei. "Where?" For some reason, Kuomu didn't ket Meirei to decide and asked: "How about Muska forest again, next Tuesday?" "OK." accepted Meirei. "You were great back there. Goodbye." "Thanks. I... like... fighting with you. Bye." Kuomu thanked.

There was Muska forest. The last time Kuomu saw Meirei was in the closing ceremony last Saturday. He hadn't said her anything, just looked at her adoring her beauty from distance.

Kuomu waited and waited, for hours. It was half past 7 when he gave up. Catching a marvellous Beautifly there didn't help him. Depressed, Kuomu walked home.

Following day, Kuomu phoned number service and recieved Meirei's cell phone number. It wasnt' until May 28th he dared to call though.

"Umm... Meirei." replied the girl. "Hi! This is Kuomu, I..." "Hold on. I'm having a Pokémon battle right now." Interrupted Meirei. "Could I call later, say half past seven?" asked Kuomu, Meirei said something like "OK..." and ended the call.

It was half past seven. Kuomu tried to phone, but nobody answered. After ten tries he sent a message. The answer was another message, sent by Meirei. "I think we'd better not keep in touch. My boyriend does not like you phoning me. And I simply don't have time to see you."

Kuomu was shocked. He didn't know since when Meirei had a boyfriend, but all that mattered was that the distance between Kumou and the girl just grew. Kuomu felt terrible.

There he was again. Muska forest. There was one thing Meirei's boyfriend could not take from Kuomu, and that was the memory of Meirei walking together with Kuomu there.

Kuomu relived his memories walking along the forest path. He could hear Meirei talking and laughing. Perhaps she was talking and laughing with another man right now.

Kuomu didn't follow the path anymore. He was looking for something that never was there. He reached an opening in the middle of the forest. Kuomu looked at the sky.

It was a wishing star! Kuomu remebered a tale about Jirachi, a legendary Pokémon that was said to grant any wish.

Kuomu could wish Meirei back, but he already had Meirei, or at least a date with her, and then he had lost her. Quickly Kuomu thought of another wish. He said aloud: "Jirachi, o mighty Pokémon, hear me: I wish this month lasted forever, beginning always again!"

"Thy wish, granted." a voice sounded. Kuomu saw a glimpse of a strange Pokémon, but then found himself in his own bed at home.

Kuomu turned on the TV. He was convinced. It was the 1st of May, half past eight at morning. He had a train to catch. Kuomu's cousin Possi was waiting for him in Petikoltto. And Kuomu had to go to Petikoltto to get in the same train as Meirei.

Petikoltto was a bigger town, it had about 100,000 inhabitants, quite a lot in Finland. The 1st of May is called "Vappu" in Finland, and it's a spring festival. The streets of Petikoltto were growded. Kuomu noticed his cousin in the railway station. "You are late!" yelled Possi.

"A VR train is never late. It arrives precisely at the right time!" responded Kuomu laughing. He wasn't sure if he remebered the Tolkien quote correctly. "Let's go to my gym." Possi proposed. "How was the Lukio Vappu masquerade yesterday?" asked Possi on their way. "What..." wondered Kuomu. "...the school... no wait a minute..." then he remebered that he had gone back in time. "Oh, that one? It was funny. To celebrate Vappu, our physics teacher nearly blew up the classroom with his Electrode!"

Kuomu knew that he should be careful.

This time Kuomu won the battle against Possi. He used his Vileplume's Poison Powder and it appeared that Possi had no antidote.

Nothing peculiar happened during Kuomu's stay in Petikoltto, not until he left in the train. The train where Meirei was. It was 15 minutes late, not 10 as Kuomu remembered. After showing his ticket, Kuomu began to walk through the train all the way to the third car. Kuomu saw the red-haired beauty. But just then, a suitcase from the shelf fell on his head and he lost consciousness.

Kuomu woke up at Uoli hospital. Uolu is a city north from Kolmilampi. He had been brought there. "Meirei!" he shouted.

"I'm right here. Kuomu, meet my boyfriend doctor Kuovimetsä." answered Meirei. "We have been taking care of you."

"Meirei has a boyfriend in Uoli?" wondered Kuomu inside his head. "I challenge you to a Pokémon battle!" was Kuomu's instant reaction. He knew that a victory might not change a thing but it just came to his mouth.

Afer a couple of hours, Kuovimetsä's day ended and the battle could start. "Go! Rhyperior!" yelled Kuomu. "I'll choose my Bibarel, then." elected Kuovimetsä.

"Rhyperior! Dig!" ordered Kuomu. Rhyperior dug a hole into the field which functioned as a battlefield. Bibarel took the advantege and used Defence Curl in case. But Kuomu was not going to use regurlar attacks and Kuovimetsä's Pokémon was weak. It nearly fainted and a Water Gun didn't help. Rhyperor just drank the water and finished Bibarel with Fury Attack.

Kuovimetsä's next Pokémon was Weepinbell. "Rhyperior! Enough!" said Kuomu. "Go! Blaziken! Start with Ember!" There was nothing to start since Weepinbell couldn't take it and fainted.

"This battle is not making any sense!" claimed Kuovimetsä. "I give up."

Kuomu wasn't surprised when he saw that Meirei empathized with Kuovimetsä, saying: "A Pokémon High School student is supposed to have more knowledge in battling than healing."