Thread: .:`When the Flame Goes Out`:. {{The New Age of Earth Begins...}} LSU's Accepted!

Threaded View

~HOPES AND DREAMS~ Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default .:`When the Flame Goes Out`:. {{The New Age of Earth Begins...}} LSU's Accepted!

A Crystal Asi Production

What is time but a man-made condition?
    What is life but a spent munition?
    What is the world but a candle flame?
    When it goes out who is to blame?

The Sacred Tree of the Mayans signifies creation. It is said that when it appeared in the sky the Creator made the human race, beginning the First Age of Man. The Sacred Tree is also the entrance to the underworld, however. A person's entrance into life, as well as death, for the two are two sides of the same coin.

They say when it appears in the sky it will bring about a new Age. Some say this Age will be the end of all life as we know it, and also, the end of the world. Others say this Age will be the awakening of a new form of human consciousness, that in our current state we are still just "proto-humans", and when the Sacred Tree comes around again we as a people will finally emerge into our "true selves".

But much is still unknown about what, if anything will happen on this day. The last emergence of the Sacred Tree in the heavens was nearly 26,000 years ago, and any records of the occurrences, if any, have been lost to time. But according to the Mayans, the race of people who studied the stars and discovered the "Sacred Tree", it will return to the sky on the Long Count day of 13.0.0.0.0.

That date in the modern calendar is Dec 21, 2012.

You live in a small, typical American suburban neighborhood. There is nothing too special about it, you have your neighbors, their pets, some you like while some you barely tolerate. But all in all, you get along well. Everything is quite peaceful. Maybe your biggest problem is the teenagers next door leaving their cans in your yard, or the neighbor’s dog keeping you up at night.

You may have heard about a couple of your neighbors having a party, or you might not know them well enough to care, but either way, the news is all abuzz about what date is coming up. Every 26,000 years, the Sun will align with the Center of the Milky Way Galaxy, blocking it from our view. Not only from our view though, but also blocking the radiation and radio waves that bombarded Earth from this center.

This extremely rare event happens to occur in our lifetimes, and knowing some of the people in your town it doesn’t really surprise you that they would find any reason to have a party. Maybe you attend, maybe not. Maybe you are over someone else’s house in a different neighborhood, or maybe you were still at work. Maybe you’re the skeptical kind of person that has heard it all and doesn’t believe in prophecies, maybe you are the type to be fanatical about it and are prepared with a cupboard of canned food and a tinfoil hat. Or maybe you are somewhere in between, but no matter what, whether against your will or not, you can’t help but think about it.

And soon it came to the time that the alignment would occur. The clock moved closer to 6:15PM EST, and all the TV and radio channels were talking about it, showing scientist images and facts about what was occurring. Some people were still speculating about the "End of the World" myths, but whether you believed in that or not, you couldn’t help but be a little excited. It felt almost like New Years, the moment of a new beginning. That would prove to be very accurate.

Suddenly in the space of a moment, everything changed. The world seemed to shift---
    ....a sound roared from overhead, a mechanical screaming...

the sky screams

when steel birds shred it

with their wings

....and as the horrible screeching sound grew louder the world grew dark for you, consciousness slipping from you like a stone into the depths of the ocean. There wasn’t time for thought or speculation, one moment the world was as it should be, and the next…

You were waking up to a world eerily quiet. It was dark, save for a slight glow outside. You don’t know how long you were unconscious, but you feel as though you had a lingering nightmare, one that you can’t quite grasp but yet has left you vaguely unsettled, clinging to you like a film long after waking. You go to your window, or walk outside, or maybe you just sit there for a moment, taking in what could have happened. Maybe it was a bad dream. Maybe that plane which crashed not far from your house was a fluke, a freak accident.

Or maybe the 'crazies' had been right.

~*~*~*~

You aren't quite sure what happened to the world, the only thing you know at this point in time is mostly everyone is gone. You remember falling asleep or being asleep, but however it happened, when you wake up the world feels different. When you go outside to explore, the snow has melted, cars and homes and everything in the neighborhood is abandoned, and while it isn't apparent right away, all the pets are also missing. Depending on the kind of person you are, you may want to take an account of the neighborhood to find out who is still here and who has vanished. But the choice is yours, and it looks like there is no law to stop you from doing just about anything...

. . .The Cast. . .

Brandy Kerr/Asilynne

Ben Kerr/Mystic clown

Sarah Randalph/Kuro Espeon

Dave Blade/Blademaster

Louis Ortiz/Shadow Wolf

Will Thomas/Darkestlight

Robert McCoy/Chobichibi

Jeff Wentz/Jeff

If you didn't list a last name I gave you one, ask me if you want it changed No need to post your char profile in here, since it's linked up there!

~Brandy Kerr~
    Life-changing events are not always joyous...
    :::6:00PM, Dec 21, 2012:::

I smiled happily as I sat on the couch, sipping my juice like a good girl instead of the alcohol being served to everyone else at the party. I didn't mind, I wasn't a big drinker anyway, and I have a very good reason from abstaining. One hand rested on my baby belly while I talked to family and friends I haven't seen in awhile, laughed at my sister's jokes and commented on her own recent engagement. The lights from the Christmas tree and the light joyous music which drifted around the room helped the already warm and loving atmosphere of the party.

But it wasn't just an early Christmas party, oh no, this was the party of the century. Rather, 260 centuries to be more accurate, since the event this party was celebrating only happened once every 26,000 years. And since I was a giant nerd this meant something to me! We had the news on low so we could see all the speculation about the Mayan thing. I didn't particularly think it was going to be the end of the world or anything, and the fear hype some people gave it was vaguely annoying, but all in all it was amazing we would see this sort of thing in our lifetime.

It became apparent though that my pregnancy was taking its toll on me, I wasn't quite to the point where it could come at any time, but it wasn't too far from that either. Standing up with my sister's help I hugged my husband and told him to come wake me just before 6:15pm, and then I went into our room to take a quick lie down, and maybe a nap. But as I read my book, Mischa purring on my pillow and Miles curled up on the bed next to me, my eyes began to grow heavy, and I drifted off......

:::3:00AM, Dec 22, 2012:::

Suddenly I woke up to a strange silence in the house. It was dark outside save for an odd flickering orange glow. The party seemed to have ended quite awhile ago, and as I reached for my cellphone to look at the time, it didn't register and it showed No Service. That was strange too. "Honey...?" I called out, a rising uncomfortable feeling of wrongness within me. I heard stumbling and a bang which made my heart leap into my chest and caused me to look around for something to defend myself with, before Ben burst into the room. "Brandy!" he called out and hugged me as tight as he could without hurting me.

"Ben what's happened?" I felt scared but I didn't know why. Everything felt so different even if it didn't look that way.

He stroked my hair as he calmed down, having mainly been afraid for my safety. "I'm not sure, everyone's gone in the house except for Lou and Sarah. We aren't sure where the others have gone. Also...." His eyes went to the window as I heard the two others in the house enter the room. "A plane crashed outside. We're lucky it missed the houses but..." Looking into his eyes and the eyes of my friends I knew what he wanted to say. We all seemed to share that feeling.

The world had changed somehow...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First post! Everyone can post their reactions now, and please use the timestamps, even if your character doesn't know what time it is we can keep track of it for timing purposes If anyone else was at the party at our house let me know and I'll add you in, I'm pretty sure Louis and Sarah said they would be coming. Have at it guys
    Last edited by Asilynne; 1st November 2011 at 02:38 AM. Reason: I suck at math...

.: Ben + Brandy :.
    .: September 14th 2012 :.