Thread: Clash of the Scions (IT BEGINS! LSUs accepted)

Hybrid View

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Clash of the Scions (IT BEGINS! LSUs accepted)

= + - Nazara - + =

Not who she was looking for. That was definitely a fact; she had been sat on the bench, waiting for the light scion in the diner, when to her surprise another appeared in the park.

It took her a moment to find the other, the crowds of people passing her by made it difficult until it showed he was the one trailing behind another group, enjoying the scenery of the park. He watched the child play with a small, innocent smile on his face. His attention moved to the bird watchers and the sparrows.

Claire narrowed her eyes, and flicked open her phone.

Claire: Where are you?

Karik: Headin out of the park. Why?

Claire: Don’t leave. I found one. Find me, but don’t come over.

She stood a second later, playing as if her phone was really that interesting. Her path wobbled, barely managing to walk around a few humans who shot her an annoyed glare at her lack of attention before she smacked right into the scion.

The two of them looked at each other. Claire blinked, feigning daze. He offered her his hand.

“I am really sorry, are you alright?”

She looked at the hand and took it slowly, being brought to her feet by him. Claire smiled a little sheepishly. “I’m fine, thanks… God I’m so sorry, I wasn’t looking where I was going…”

“It’s alright.” He smiled, and they took there for a second or two, in awkward silence.

“Um…” Nazara drew on Claire’s natural curiosity and goodness. “Are you, waiting for somebody?”

“Hm?” He blinked.

“Well, most people don’t come to the park alone.” She smiled, looking around at the people. Children had friends, teenagers had cliques, adults had their dates, associate…

“Oh, no.” The scion looked at the people. “No, I um… just wanted to clear my head.”

“Oh?” She tilted her head. “Why?”

“Um…” He gave her an odd look. “My work… sorry, it’s not that I don’t trust you… just I don’t know you.” He shifted, maybe uncomfortable with the topic. “I don’t even know your name.”

Nazara hated this. She could easily just text Fenrir and have the fire scion kill him, but that would ruin all the planning she had done.

“Oh my god, I’m… just out of it today.” She smiled, offering her hand. “My name’s Claire – Claire Reynolds.”

He didn’t hesitate to take her hand. “I’m Timothy Serrano.”

As their handshake broke, Claire’s phone went off. She looked at the screen seeing a text.

Karik: Fuck he’s boring. Hurry up.

“My friend’s waiting for me,” she glanced behind her, as if looking for someone. “Um… I’ll see you ‘round, okay?”

Timothy nodded. “Sure.”

They parted, and Claire walked off quickly. She rounded a corner, out of sight of her new acquaintance and nearly ran into Fenrir. She frowned at him, looking at her text and then at him.

“Really?”

“He was.”

“You have the maturity of a five year old.” She muttered, both of them heading out of the park.

“Karis got two cars.” He shrugged. “A mini cooper and a Cadillac.”

“That’s going to be fun explaining to my boss… What about my mazda?”

“It’s in public storage… under her name.” Karik looked at her, half-curious. “Why can’t I have a car?”

“Because until you prove you can be subtle, you don’t get one.”

“What the hell is that supposed to mean?” He snarled, angered.

“It means don’t steal cars,” she hissed in a lower tone. “Use the damn bus.”

She quickly texted Karis to meet them.

“What’s the next step?” Her companion questioned. “I’m getting sick of this cat and mouse crap.”

“It’s the first day.” She shot him a look. “I’m trying to figure everything out.” Looking up at him, Claire patted Karik on the cheek. “When we’re ready, you’ll be the first to know.”

“Good.” He looked around with a bit of a frown. “Days gettin’ late…”

“So?” She didn’t look up from her phone as she texted Zedona. “What’s your point?”

“… Our deal.”

She snapped a look at the man. “Really?” He gave her a playful smirk and shrugged. Nazara rolled her eyes. “You can wait.”

He snorted. “What are we going to do? Plot some more?”

The woman held her tongue for a second. “Yes.”

“Why?”

“Because-” She snapped at him, but caught herself. “I’ll you later.”

“Are you that paranoid?”

“Being careful is not being paranoid.”

Surprisingly avoiding the argument, Karik sighed and looked away. Watching as a red mini cooper pulled up the curb. The two of them walked over, seeing a rather happy Karis inside, grinning at them. Nazara got in the front was Fenrir hopped in the back.

They pulled away quickly, leaving the park behind.

Tag Sam and Becki

The destroyer of worlds Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

+==Zedona the Plague==+

Zedona’s mission was both an easy and a challenging one. It was easy in the fact that he could easily sense the Scions of Light. They had no idea that they had reawakened, and their auras were flaring. He could pick up at least five of them in the city. Who knew how many more of them there were. It would be no problem finding them.

Then there was the challenging part. Despite appearing human, he was still wheelchair bound and quite sickly. He stood out like a sore thumb. Honestly, people would take notice of the sick, wheelchair guy stalking them, and even if they couldn’t tell he was a scion due to him suppressing his aura, it wouldn’t take much for them to call the cops on him. He guess he could actually interact with the people he despised so much, but it would be odd for some random wheelchair guy to come up to them and say “Hi”. Zedona would have to be really, really careful in this mission.

He closed his eyes, focusing on the different auras he could sense. He could sense two of them coming together. The crackling of electricity, and the cool flowing of water. Saighneán and Graxdon. A wave of anger swept over him at the memory of the two scions, before he shook his head. No, he had to keep focused. He couldn’t let his emotions get the better of him. Still, it was better to get as much info on as many of the enemy as he could. Lightning and Water it was.

He began to make his way down the streets, following the auras. One seemed to be moving while the other was staying stationary. He chose to head for the water aura, since it didn’t appear to be moving. Easier to catch up to. It was during this trip that another problem with his current form arose. Being sickly as he was, he was constantly being stopped by people, asking him if he was ok. While it was a little touching, it was starting to get annoying fast. Why did he have to constantly be reborn in a sickly form? Damn the gods and damn the scions of Light for condemning him to this living hell! He would make each and every one of them pay!

He soon came to a Café. The Borderlines Café to be exact. He remembered coming here a couple of times in his life. Who knew that one of his arch enemies came here, or possibly even worked here. He entered and quietly made his way to a table in the corner of the restaurant. He kept his eyes open, looking out for the Scion of Water, and the Scion of Lightning who would be here any minute now.

==+==

TAG Asi, Divineall, and anyone else wanting to stop by.
    I'm in your dimensions, screwing with your reality!

A serious brain-f*** Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Fenrir
    ~~~~

Much to his surprise, the fire scion didn’t mind the delay in his nightly activities as much as he had expected to. He sat in the back of Eirwyn’s midget car, appearing to the world as if he was brooding, when in reality he was deep in thought. The reason for his reflections? The woman sat in the passenger seat in front of him. He kept trying to convince himself that his actions earlier that afternoon had not been an attempt at apologising – Fenrir did not apologise. But he couldn’t find a way to make it sit right with him.

His broodings made the journey pass quickly and before long he was scrambling out of Eirwyn’s miniature car. No one tried to confront them as they walked into the section of the Cathedral where he and Nazara had spent the night before.

“Make yourselves comfortable. I think there’s some kind of kitchen or whatever through there.” She waved a hand in the direction of a wooden door sitting half open to the side of the corridor then wandered to where he knew the bedroom was in order to start thinking – or whatever it was she needed to do.
    It left the Fire Scion feeling…pissed. For lack of a better word. Under Nazara’s orders he was under house arrest. Plundering, pillaging, all those little things that he enjoyed were forbidden, and whilst the knowledge of that gave him a thrill of rebelliousness he knew it was a feeling that he needed to keep under wraps. He needed Nazara. Not in any twisted human emotional sense of the word but in a practical one. She had become necessary to his plans and he would be damned if he let anyone get in the way of them.

Even himself.

He wandered into the kitchen area and scoured the cupboards and fridges for anything of use. His body was yelling at him to supply alcohol – and acceptable indulgence, he thought – but there was none to be had. There was nothing to be had save for a few coffee-stained mugs and a rusty water tap. He grunted and grabbed a mug. He was halfway through filling it when Eirwyn joined him.
    “Is there anything in here?”
    “Just water.”
    “That’ll do.” She stretched up beside him to grab herself a mug and from the corner of his eye he admired her figure. In terms of leadership and personality he didn’t rate Eirwyn. He hadn’t seen anything of worth in her in the first rebellion and he knew enough of the second to know that she had done nothing to warrant a change in his opinion. But in terms of physique…he couldn’t deny that the ice princess had something going for her.

And she had to go and fall in love with one of those damn God-humpers.

Her emotions were a liability to them. But that wasn’t his concern. Nazara would be the one to make sure every ally – even one as unreliable as Eirwyn – was kept under wraps. And if the girl strayed…well…sacrifices had been made before.

He took a sip of water and frowned at the taste. Luke warm and metallic. As if he wasn’t wishing for a beer already. He held the mug towards Eirwyn. “Think you could do something about this?”

She turned to him, her own mug of water in her hands. He could sense she was cooling it. It was a knockback of their types. His natural heat made him more sensitive to her presence and more aware of when she was using her powers. She said nothing but raised her eyebrows at him, the same way a parent would to a child who had made the same request.

He sighed. “Please.” A part of him died and as she took the mug from him, a satisfied smile on her face, he resisted the urge to hit her. That anyone but Nazara could get away with treating him as such was unacceptable but he also knew that anything he did to harm the girl was likely to bring the leader’s wrath down upon him. And he really didn’t want that.
    As she was handing him back his drink her phone began to ring. He watched the pained expression form on her face as she looked at the screen and then moved into another room, answering the call as she went.

Curious, Fenrir followed. He only dared to get close enough to catch the tone of her voice. He knew she would be able to sense him as easily as he could her and he didn’t want to get caught. Whatever her exchange was, he could only tell it flared her emotions. There was sadness there; z deep sadness. He knew the sound of it. He’d never experienced it but many had been the woman he’d met with it. It was the sound of a scarred heart. It was an opportunity.

He made sure she bumped into him on her way back through. “What’s the emergency?”

“I – Karis has training. I completely forgot and –“

“You’re working yourself up over your host’s duties? Those aren’t your responsibilities anymore.”

“Well regardless of what you think, Karik, I need to do this.” She pushed passed him and starting making her way towards the bedroom and Nazara.

Fenrir sighed and followed. He doubted Nazara was going to side with him on this one but he wanted to be there in case she did.

“I agree. It’s best if you go.”

Fenrir leaned into the doorway. Whatever Eirwyn’s explanation had been it had certainly been a short one.

Nazara looked up and saw him, then released a sigh. “Have Fenrir drive you.” It had that “I can’t believe I’m saying this” tone to it.

The Fire Scion raised his eyebrows. Eirwyn, for her part, just looked confused.

“Zedonas is still out there. Chances are he’s going to ask for a ride at some point in the near future and I have no intention of playing taxi. If you take your car then that only leaves mine and I’m not letting Fenrir loose in my new vehicle. Therefore, Fenrir will take you to practice.” At this point she turned to him, her gaze fixed and heavy. “And after you have dropped her off, you will come straight back here, understand? No detours.”

He frowned but nodded. “If you say so.”

She turned back to Eirwyn and instantly her expression softened. “Let me know when you’ve finished and either Fenrir or I will come and get you.”

The girl was clearly unhappy with his part in this but neither of them had a choice. She nodded and thanked Nazara and the two of them made their way.

It was a short drive but they had to detour to Karis’ home so that she could collect some of her belongings. Fenrir silently berated the car for its size. He felt embarrassed just to be seen with it, let alone being behind the wheel. He actually released a sigh of relief when Eirwyn left the car and disappeared into the ice rink. But his relief was short lived. When he pulled to a stop at the exit of the car park, something shot forward and hit itself against the floor of the car. Looking down, he spotted Eirwyn’s phone.

“You’ve gotta be fucking kidding me…”

He moved the car to a space, grabbed the phone, and headed in through the same door he’d seen Eiwyn use. She was easy to find. The sound of music and criticism was an excellent guide. He emerged at the edge of the ice rink. Eirwyn was just stepping on to the ice; a man at the centre of the rink was chewing her out for her lateness. The man saw Fenrir and glared. “Who the fuck are you?”

Fenrir supressed a reactionary attack. It would be so easy to destroy the ice beneath him and cook him in a bowl of boiling water. No, that was too fast. Fenrir would drown him instead.

“Karik? What are you doing here?”

He held up her phone and walked over. “You left this in the car.”

“It’s like you don’t want this rehearsal to go ahead.”

Fenrir walked to the very edge of the rink and when Eirwyn took the phone from him he pulled her close and kissed her. He even took extra effort to slip his hand round the back of her exposed thigh. Partly for the thrill of feeling her natural coolness but mostly to unsettle the human he greatly desired to destroy. As he broke away from her whispered to her, “Next time, I’ll just kill him.”

He left, a smirk appearing on his face as he wandered out of the building. It was still there when he got back to the Cathedral.

“What did you do?” Nazara had left the comfort of her room to get a drink and they had crossed paths on her return journey.

“I gave the guy hassling Eirwyn something to think about.”

She shot him a glare.

“I didn’t touch him. I just made him think she was dating someone better than he was.”

She just shook her head and turned from him, making for her room. “Don’t sleep with her.”

He frowned at her as she disappeared. It had sounded like her usual orders. There was still that threat of complete and utter destruction should he defy her but there was something else there too. He just couldn’t figure out what it was. Probably more trouble for me. He shrugged and found himself somewhere to settle. With his nature imprisoned and his company undesired, the least he could do was try and enjoy some peace.

At least until his anticipated antics with Nazara later.
    WANTED:

One signature.
    Experience preferred although training will be provided.
    Witty slogans only, please.

Imooto-deshi says:
    "BEEEE A ROUGE TOMATO"

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

- + Nazara + -

She had fallen asleep.

She was keenly aware of this fact because she was standing in the middle of a simple white room. She had been in the church, so Nazara naturally caught on that unless Fenrir was playing some sort of horrible prank that he would pay dearly for, this had to be a dream.

A dream that decided to spawn ghostly images of her fellow dark scions, all in what she could presume was their modern day form. Nazara rose a brow at the sight, crossing her arms as they all looked towards her, their eyes nothing but white sockets.

Unnerving, but she’d had worse dreams.

Then they began to fade, to the point where only Eirwyn, Fenrir, Zedona, and Moshinas remained.

“You don’t have an army this time.” Fenrir commented, looking at the others.
    Nazara frowned.

“Of all the historical beings you’ve been, you have always lost the war… a great leader that was always fighting a battle that will inevitably be lost.” Zedona sat up in his wheelchair, and matched Nazara’s frown. “Why will this be different?”

“A brilliant leader but unethically sound, you’d sacrifice everyone and everything to win.” Eirwyn cast her eyes to the ground. “Do we mean so little to you?”

The light scion clenched her fists.

“You’re playing a long, dark game Nazara.” Moshinas stepped up, sword in hand. “What if we no longer want to be your pawns?” He pointed the tip of the blade at her in the form of a challenge.

The dream was certainly infuriating. Her clenched fists had white knuckles and suddenly two blades spawn from her wrists, glowing a faint glow and giving off wisps of light.

“Without me you’d all be brooding in the muck, forever in the shadows of those who created us!” Her swords grew longer in her rage and she smashed Monshinas’s weapon from his grasp. She was thrown into a fray with all four of them in an instant, and the elements clashed as the lost ones just watched.

Her body was burnt, with her muscles uncontrollably twitching from electricity, coupled with a sickness burning her lungs and the bitter cold turning her digits black - she looked defeated. Yet she stood weakly, refusing to bow to any of them.

“I will win.” She snarled.

The dream abruptly ended then, as she opened her eyes groggily and found herself staring at the bedroom wall. She blinked slowly, reality fluttering back into perception. She ignored Fenrir, who was no doubt sitting on the bed behind her as she grabbed her phone and looked at her clock.

9:47 PM.

“What happened to Karis?”

“She called; I picked her up and took her home.” Fenrir answered as Nazara rubbed her eyes and rolled over. She hadn’t meant to fall asleep, she had just laid down a couple of hours ago to think things over. Fenrir smirked at her, eyes twinkling with an intent that was far from innocent. “So… how’re you?”
    “Your fake concern is touching, please shut up for a second.” She retorted, reading her texts from Eirwyn and Zedona.

Both were safe at home, though Zedona claimed to have something interesting to talk about tomorrow if they had time.

“You’re tense.” He snickered, grabbing her and pulling her close. “You should learn to relax…” He kissed her neck and she frowned, shrugging off the affection so she could glare at him.

“I’m thinking you actually don’t deserve this.”

Instantly the man seemed concerned. Fenrir was far too easy to read. “Why?”

Her glare turned into a less threatening frown. “Well seeing as you nearly ruined everything today-“

“I apologized-” He cut himself off and she could feel him heat up in anger as she broke into laughter.

“So you did apologize!”

His embrace tightened around her chest. “Woman, I am warning you…”

“Aw,” she patted him on the cheek. “I’m sorry, am I upsetting wittle Karik?”

Oh the look she got. Despite the impending doom she couldn’t help but continue laughing. Fenrir watched her for a good couple of seconds before he flipped her over, pinning her roughly.

“You are going to regret that – and don’t call me that...”

Nazara stifled her laughter and let a bemused smirk appear on her face. Her eyebrow rose slowly.

“What?” She buried the anxiety in her with attitude. “Karik?”

Fenrir let out a growl that was both intriguing and intimidating. He looked over at a lit candle, something he must’ve lit before she woke up. The fire snaked its way from the wax starting point to her, tying itself like rope around her wrists, and then twisting the rest of itself into a knot, binding her to the bed.

“Huh…” She tugged on the fire rope and found herself bound. “Alright, I’ll admit I didn’t see that coming…”

He smiled, though it was about the furthest you could get from comforting, caring or at all pleasant. He leaned down, narrowing his eyes.

“Now – what did you call me?”

Unwillingly to admit defeat, Nazara kept her amused expression, and let the name slip off her tongue in a sensual taunt. “Karik.”

- + -

The distinctive tone of her phone going off is what woke Nazara. She grumbled, managing to crack an eye to stare at the sleek white phone on the side table. She didn’t move, instead watching and waiting for it to stop ringing. It fell silent a moment later, and the woman let her eyes drift shut.
    Then it rang again.

Both eyes opened, with a groan she reached out and grabbed the device and brought it to her ear.

“What?”

“Na – I mean Claire, it’s Xavier.”

“What time is it?”

“Nine thirty.”

“In the morning?”

Probably taken aback by the really strange question, Zedona paused before he replied. “Err, yes, in the morning.”

“Who the fuck is calling you this early?”
    “Is that Karik?”

“What did he call me?”

“No it’s not-“

“Is that the disease-ridden-“

Switching her phone to her other ear, Nazara reached behind her and clamped her hand over the fire scion’s mouth.

“What’s up Xavier?”

“I tracked down two of the others.” Zedona was slow to reply again, obviously suspicious. “One lives in town-housing, packed with people…”

“And the other?”

“The other is the one who owns the diner, neither of them are aware of our awakening.”

Nazara smiled at the progress and removed her hand from Fenrir’s mouth, she turned over and shot him a glare.

“You’ve done well Xavier, what’s the address of the town-housing one?”

“456 Cedar Crescent.”

“We can get rid of one then-”

“I get to kill someone?”

“That is Fenrir!”

“Oh for the love of god…” Nazara glared hell on her companion, who simply smirked. “Don’t use his name…”

“Why is he with you?” Zedona’s suspicion grew into anger. “In fact if you were asleep why was he there?”

“I fuckin’ slept with her!” The fire scion snatched the phone from Nazara quickly. “How’s that sit with ya?”

She couldn’t hear what Zedona was saying to Fenrir, but from the grin on the man’s face she knew he had pissed the poisoner off to no end. She sat up, grasping for her phone only to have to wrestle with a man twice her size for the contraption.

“Give it back.” She growled, trying to get it back.

“In fact,” Fenrir easily pinned her down, not really minding the entire scenario. “We have this deal, I get to- OW! What the hell woman! Don’t Bite – not now anyway!”

Nazara had gotten free only due to the point she had bit the hand holding her. She wrestled her phone back from Fenrir just long enough to tell Zedona to get to the church by getting a ride with Karis. After that the phone was stolen from her again.

“You still there wheels?” His smirk faded a bit when he got no reply from Zedona, and he hung up. He met Nazara’s eyes and he shrugged. “Oh he’ll get over it.”

“You’re an asshole.” She snarled, and laid back down, arms crossed, glaring at the wall. “Get out.”

There was silence, but it was broken by the man’s chuckling. “You care too much about him.”

“I don’t give a rat’s ass about him.” She countered, not glancing behind her when Fenrir laid back down behind her.

“So, why can’t I taunt him?”

“Because I don’t need you two trying to kill each other.”

Fenrir draped an arm over her. “I would never try to kill him… I would always succeed.”

“Fenrir...”

“I thought you had to call me Karik…”

She snorted. “And who is going to tell the others? The pastor?” The woman rolled her eyes. “In the church is fine…” Still refusing to look at him, she clarified her before statement. “I don’t need him attempting to kill you, and you lighting him on fire.”

“Ha!” His laugh made her look back finally, confused. He looked at her, smiling. “I wouldn’t light him on fire to kill him; I would just find some hill and give him a nudge.”

Nazara frowned, only because she didn’t want to smile.

“Can you picture it?” He looked up to the ceiling, and gestured as if it were some magnificent scene. “Some screaming idiot, wildly flailing his arms as he zooms through traffic…”

Her smirk broke through, and she looked away, stifling her laughter.

“I’ll strap a bomb to him, make him a bit useful.”

She laughed.

“What does it matter if he knows we’re sleeping together?” Fenrir sounded genuinely confused.

“He likes me.”

“So?”

She looked over her shoulder at him. “I’m using that to keep control of him.”
    Fenrir smirked. “So, you’re sleeping with me, lying to Eirwyn and blue-balling Zedona…” He gave her a curious look. “How are you going to get Moshinas on your side?”

“I could sleep with him.” She smiled at Fenrir’s annoyed expression.
    “No.”

“No?”

“No.” Fenrir reiterated the word, it sounded like a command.

“I can sleep with whomever I like Fenrir, I’m not exclusively yours.” Nazara stated, and felt his arm tighten around her. “… They’ll be here soon.”

“Mmhmm…” Fenrir leaned back, lessening his hold. He watched her sit up, though she seemed a bit reluctant. “Don’t want to get up?”

“You’re warm.” She noted with little thought. “I like warmth.”

“So… you liked it when I lit you on fire last night?” He questioned with a cheeky grin, and continued to watch the leader as she got dressed.

She smiled at him playfully. “A bit.”

He snorted. “You know if that priest-fuck didn’t know we were having sex before, he knows now.”

“Yeah…” She winced a bit, her muscles protesting to her stretch. “I’m sure he’ll throw holy water on me or something.”

“After what you were saying, I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t try an exorcism.”

She chuckled, and gave herself a quick look over. Simple jeans with some tears, and a black babydoll tee. She brushed and fixed her hair, making it look perfect – just how she liked it. She glanced back at him as she sat down and put on her shoes. “Get dressed.”

“Do I have to?”

“Well, if you don’t want to help kill one of the others that’s fine… I’m sure Zedona will-“

“I’ll get dressed.” He hopped out of bed quickly. “A sanctioned killing from our fearless leader? How could I miss that?”

“Oh, and you may need to convince Moshinas to help us.” She reached for the door.

“Convince him?”

“Yes…” She smiled back at Fenrir, though her smile had a distinct vile tone about it. “He’s coming to get his sword, and if he doesn’t want to help… well, I’m sure you can make him see the light, as it were.”

- + Tag: Every dark scion. Get to the church <3 + -

RPG Dyke's Bitch Moderator

Eirwyn

“Karis, you’re not even warmed up yet! Hurry up!”

“No, that’s not how it goes. Do it again, Karis.”

“You’re not in time, Karis! Speed up!”

She came to a stop a few feet away from her skating partner, who stood arms folded across his chest, frowning. “I swear to god if you don’t stop barking orders at me, Derrick, I’ll-”

“I’m sorry, this competition means so much to me...” He lowered his arms, slowly skating towards his partner.

“And it does to me, too.”

“Just doesn’t seem like it, that’s all.” Derrick put his sturdy hands on her shoulders, trying to look her in the eye as she kept glancing away. “It doesn’t help right now if you get... Involved... With another guy...”

“There’s nothing between Karik and I.”

“Certainly didn’t look like it.”

“He’s an old friend...”

“If that’s what you want to call it.”

Karis shrugged his hands off her, nimbly skating backwards to create much needed distance between them both. “He’d heard you’re a bit of a dick and decided to make you jealous. He knew the kiss wouldn’t be enough, so added the thigh grope for good measure.” She smiled at his scowl. “It’s funny cos it worked.” She spotted their coach at the side of the rink and skated towards him. “Just because you’ve not had any interest in you since I left you!” She called over her shoulder, knowing how infuriated she’d now made him.

Karis loved their coach. Not only did he have a brilliant mind for choreography, he was totally on her side. Joshua treated her like a kid sister, and despised Derrick for trying to control her. Problem was, he was also a brilliant skater, it would be difficult to get rid of him.

Training went smoothly with Joshua’s arrival. Well, at least she enjoyed it more. As she glided around the rink, she couldn’t help but get random threads of conversation pop up in her head. Although the Scions apparently didn’t leave much of an impression on her before, they certainly were now.

Moshinas grabbed her the most, though. “So which of you is in charge this time?”

That made it seem like someone else other than Nazara was. And the way he said it...

Nah, there was no way it was her... Was there?

Despite her absent mind, the pair of them progressed well that evening. She called Nazara afterwards, fearing Derrick’s wrath, but as she couldn’t get through, she reluctantly phoned Fenrir instead to come and pick her up.
    He looked just as thrilled to be driving the Mini as the he did earlier. She waved to Joshua as she got in the passenger side, throwing her bag onto the back seat.

“You looked better in the dress.”

“Charming, as usual.”

He was right though. She’d pulled on some trackies and a hoodie over the top as she’d left. Although she wasn’t cold, everyone else expected her to be.

“By the way, Fenrir.” She waited until they pulled away before calling him by his real name. “I’m not sure if I should be thanking you, or slapping you for earlier...”

Eirwyn glanced over, watching as the smirk from earlier re-emerged on his face. “You’re welcome.”

Yeah... Of course he’d assume I was thanking him... She stopped her own trail of thought. “... I think I can still feel a slight burning sensation on my thigh...”

Fenrir didn’t get the chance to make a witty comment, because her phone jumped to life in her pocket. She tried her best to keep a neutral expression as the screen read “unknown number”, because the excited butterflies in her stomach were either rightfully there, or she was about to suffer a bitter disappointment.

“Hello? Is that Ka-”

Yay! Tellus! “Hey, can you give me a call back later? In about half an hour? I’m just on my way home.”

“Oh, uh...” He paused for a moment. “Oh, yes, okay. Talk to you later.”

“Bye!”

“Who was that?”

Ah yes. Ever the nosy one. “Just a friend.” She replied simply. For some reason, she felt a great need to protect his identity.

“You have friends?”

“Fuck off, Fenrir.” She hit his arm. “I didn’t kill all my friends.”

“They weren’t my friends.” He frowned.

They sat in silence for most of the way, it was only when that little question of Moshinas’s popped up for the billionth time that she could take it anymore and just had to ask.

“Fenrir...” Eirwyn began, twirling the chord from her hoodie between her fingers. “It was me that lead the last rebellion, wasn’t it?”

It was then she witnessed Fenrir’s poker face. Followed by more silence. By the looks of things, he was quietly, discreetly, trying to figure out what he should say to the poor little amnesia girl. Of course, there was no pity from him; she could already tell that at no point had they ever been close friends. It didn’t really occur to her that he might be considering what he was allowed to say...

“I take your silence as a yes.” She laughed awkwardly. “I still don’t remember, don’t worry, it’s just something Moshinas said.”

For a moment, he looked curious. “What did he say?”

“So which of you is in charge this time? With a big emphasis on the this.”

“Subtle.”

“A little, I suppose. But he didn’t know that I couldn’t remember. And your lack of response only makes my gut feeling stronger.” She drew her knees up to her chest, resting her forehead in the palms of her hands and pushing her hair out of her face. “I fucked up, didn’t I? Don’t answer that.”

As they pulled up outside her house, she wasn’t sure who was more relieved out of the pair of them. She got out without a word, retrieved her bag and was walking down the path to her house before Fenrir called after her. “You got your phone this time?”

She fished it out her pocket, waving it at him. “See you tomorrow.”

As she fished out her keys, she felt her legs complain. She’d forgotten to stretch before she left the ice rink and she knew she’d pay for it in the morning if she didn’t do it now... Ah well, she had time to kill before Tellus called again.

TAG TELLUS My plan hereafter is to have the lovely phonecall with Tellus, perhaps run into him on the bus in the morning, dump her stuff at the Cathedral then bugger off to fetch Zedona. Excellent. Toodles!

X-rated since April 2012!

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Crystal Tears: Shut. Up.
    Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train