Kingdom Heartless
II

It was eons ago, when they came.

Devils of the dark, with wicked yellow eyes and shifting black bodies.

They were defeated on the cusp of their victory. Light overcame darkness when the sun’s rays bore down onto the earth.

Yet the ancient promise still stands.

Billions of the purest hearts in exchange for the opening of the lost door.

All that remained was 10000.

- ♥ -

November 19th, 2011, Township of Twilight.

“Thomas Borreau was found dead in his apartment earlier this evening; the long-time teacher of the Twilight Town Secondary School was respected and loved by many.”

The news flicked to one of the man’s long-time friends.

“He didn’t have a bad bone in his body…” She whimpered, holding back tears. “I… I’m sorry, I can’t…”

Back to the reporter, who had a neutral expression. “Police suspect that the attack took place during the power outage to his residence and that the assailant used the temporary darkness, to his or her advantage-“

- ♥ -

Darkness fell on Traverse City three years ago, light banished us, but the door was not found. Now we follow the beating hearts to Twilight Town, California.

Half way to success… the promise will be kept, and the debt will be paid.

- ♥ -

Name:
Appearance:
(If you have one)
History:
Keyblade: Name, and design.
Other:

- ♥ -

Please note, if you participated in the last Kingdom Heartless, you may not play your character from Traverse City, Japan. New heroes, new place. You can assume from the plot that the heroes in Traverse City succeeded in halting the heartless onslaught. It’s been three years, and now Twilight Town is coming under siege. Characters from the original may appear later in the RPG in which their original creators will have a chance to RP them again, but for now, new characters only.

- ♥ -

Name: Phoenix Williams

Personality: Phoenix is honest, almost brutally so. She’s blunt most of the time, not sugar-coating a lot and tends to be a little more pessimistic. Independent, quick-witted and stubborn, Phoenix doesn’t talk about what’s bothering her, she’d rather let it drift away to the back of her mind. Her temper is short concerning whiners and lazy people, but otherwise it’s easy to annoy Phoenix, but actually rather hard to make her angry. Phoenix is creative, and tends to think outside the box, though she has trouble focusing on things that don’t interest her (like school). She’s usually upbeat, out-going, and a quick-talker. Her bad habits include talking to herself where she answers her own questions, laziness (projects never get done until the last day usually), and addiction to technology (she can’t stand to be separated from her phone…).

Appearance: Phoenix is a brightly coloured, to say the least. She has long red hair whose bangs are cut to frame her face, and gorgeous cerulean eyes. Her skin is a pretty, unblemished pale and she’s usually wearing some sort of bold coloured tank top/baby-tee (usually purple, green, black, or hot pink, all of which usually have some sort of saying on them) and dark skinny jeans. She wears a fingerless black glove on her right hand, and a silver star charm bracelet on the same arm. Her left arm is adorned with simple bracelets, and her left hand usually has two rings on it. Her shoes are usually primarily white or black, with bright colours accenting them, and are skater-style. Phoenix is lithe and agile, so she can keep running.

History: Phoenix has a tendency to leave home at random intervals due to the abusive personalities of her mother and father. She hates it, and thus doesn’t discuss it with anyone. Phoenix will avoid having people over due to the environment of her home, and her mother’s attitude towards visitors.
Due to her lifestyle, Phoenix is noted for her abilities with free-running or parkour. She’s very; very hard to catch when someone is chasing her.

Keyblade: The Scrambling Skip – A rather simple keyblade, the Scrambling Skip is mostly black, with white and gold accents. The hilt of it has a very industrial, geometric design to protect Phoenix’s hand, the body of the weapon is somewhat dented and looks like someone welded the white and black together pouring. The keys are sharp, and crisp and gold, though the edges look a little worn.

[b]Other:[/v] Phoenix was giving a fancy, lime green Mazda 3 sedan from her Aunt (she’s substantially rich). Otherwise she’d never be able to afford it with the modest amount of money she makes doing commissions. She’s skilled in both art and dance, but doesn’t have much talent for music (save for piano, she knows that, and can occasionally play something that resembles song). She also has a real talent for video games.

- ♥ - Phoenix - ♥ -

“No Seth I’m not joking,” Phoenix laughed, holding her iPhone to her ear with her shoulder. Clamped in her hands was a PlayStation 3 controller and her eyes were solely focused on her television. Final Fantasy 13; she had been hard at work leveling up for the past hour until she had ran smack into a giant ‘demon turtle’ as she called them. “I’m getting my ass handed to me and all it’s doing is stomping its damn feet!”

“Maybe if you didn’t suck at the game…”

“Oh shut up fairy boy.” She snapped back playfully, watching as Vanille collapsed from being hit and Fang and Lightning were gimped. “Get up Vanille, I need a healer…”

“You’re farther than I am.”

“You don’t own the game…” She noted, frowning a bit as she watched Fang and Vanille collapse.

“Thus why you’re farther than me.”

Phoenix’s room was dark, she only had one light on in the corner and past that the only illumation was the colourful television screen. The door to her bedroom was shut tight, not welcoming any intrusions from her probably drunken parents or any of their friends. It was the way she preferred it. She sat on her bed, legs crossed, in her pajamas, with cookiesin her lap and a glass of milk on her bedside table.

Tonight was a good night.

Then there was a flicker of something that caught her attention. She ignored it at first, until it moved again. Frowning, she paused the game and looked. That side of her room wasn’t graced with lights, most of it was shadows and more shadows cast by her bookcase and dresser. Her frown lightened a bit as she didn’t see a thing, only the blackness that the lack of light often left.

“Huh…” She unpaused the game and went back to trying to kill giant turtles.

“What’s wrong?”

“Thought I saw something move…” She trailed off as she saw the same dark on dark movement in the corner of her eye. Pausing, she looked again, harder. Nothing seemed off, at least, not until she spotted something. It was a shadow, yet nothing could’ve been casting it. Confused she tried to make out the outline, vaguely human maybe? Blinking, some nervous part of her was relieved when it was gone.

“Nixie?”

“I… nothing.” Masking her fear, she reached over and flicked on her light. The entire room now was light up, with only the tiniest amount of shadows in the corners and underside of the shelves. “I’m going nuts.”

“Too many video games for you.”

“There’s no such thing!”

“… True. You’re just tired.”

Accepting that rational, completely sane answer over the flurry of suspicions and anxiety in her stomach, Phoenix smiled and unpaused her game.

- ♥ -

Phoenix was awake.

She didn’t want to be awake.

Sleeping was proving to be difficult. With a frown she turned over and looked at her clock, her frown turned to a right scowl.

4:05 AM

This wasn’t the first time she had woken up tonight. Her body was on edge; her heart was beating faster than normal. She hadn’t had a nightmare, that not that she could recall. No, it was something else. Her mind drifted back to that shadow she had seen, but all the logical reasons as attributed it to her imagination and lack of sleep. Right now, was probably no different.

She wondered distantly, if Seth was having the same problem. She reached for her phone, grasping it off her sidetable, and quickly texted him.

You awake?

No reply, she stared at the screen praying for a reply but got none.

‘Oh suck it up, it’s not like-‘

Something in her room fell, crashing to the floor. Second after that Phoenix has flicked on the bedside light and was hiding under her covers, cowering. She scrambled towards the light; all the while making sure not an inch of her was exposed to the rest of her room. She clung to the phone like a life line.

Eventually, she fell asleep.
- ♥ -
Saturday, 11:45 AM

“It’s said that the door will open and-“

“And darkness will cover the world yada yada yada…” Phoenix interrupted Seth, who shot her a glare. She smiled at him, still tired from the night, she was happy today was an easy day with no real class commitments and was just a hang out day. With a yawn she went back to resting her head on her arms, enjoying how the table and her sweater made a lovely pillow. “Wasn’t there something about hearts?”

“Yeah,” Seth looked back at the door, flipping the page. “Creatures from the door will come and take your heart if it’s pure…”

“Well it’s good to know I have nothing to worry about…” She murmured, hearing him chuckle. She turned her head, looking at him with a faintly curious expression. “Seriously, why do you care so much about this crap? It’s a legend for a reason.”

“Thomas Borreau, you remember him?”

Looking a bit bored, she shrugged. “Isn’t he the teacher that was murdered?”

Seth nodded. “There’s been a leak, apparently, his heart was torn out.”

Phoenix sat up a bit, giving him a look. “So, you think some… how were they described? Heartless fiends came out of some evil door and stole his heart?” She laughed, putting her head back down and playing with her phone. “That legend doesn’t even make sense, the door is closed but they got in anyways.”

Chuckling, Seth shrugged. “They come through the cracks in the door apparently, I don’t know.. And no, I don’t think that. I just think some sicko might be mimicking the legend.”

“I think it was just a psychopath who felt like murdering someone.” She shrugged lightly. “Isn’t your roommate coming?”

“Anthony?” Seth looked around. “Yeah, he said he would.”

“Do you know him that well?”

“No.”

“Then why’d you invite him?”

“Because we should be making friends.”

Phoenix broke out laughing, gaining a few glares from people. Hushing, she looked at him and leaned towards Seth, smirking. “He’s hot isn’t he?”

“Whaatt? You think the only reason I want him here is because he’s eye-candy?”

“Yes.”

“… Then you’d be correct.” Seth sheepishly admitted. “But! That doesn’t mean we can’t be friends with him as well.”

Phoenix was quiet for a little bit, watching Seth go about reading his book as she texted numerous friends. Still, what happened in the night lingered in her mind. Nothing really important had fell, but the horse sculpture she had sat on the top of her bookshelf, which had no reason to really, fell, had fallen. Like something had bumped it or knocked it in the night. Words caught on her tongue, she was about to say something to Seth when he gestured towards the stairs leading to the main level of the library.

“There he is.”
- ♥ -

Tag Becki, and Sam and by extension Classy and Wolf. Library times <3