Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0

Welcome to Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0

Current Adventchas:

n/a
    Last edited by Oslo; 23rd September 2012 at 05:28 PM.

Master Trainer

Default Re: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0 (RL)

TEAM RAZOR LEAF'S SAFARI ADVENTCHA!

Skyline Terrace
    A strange town, all within the treetops. Long since abandoned by humans, the MASSIVE amount of Pokemon that live here all seem a bit strange and off kilter. The completely aerial town is connected by boardwalks, and the homes all resemble traditional Japanese style. One would think the townspeople were turned into Pokemon here!

‡ Round 16 ‡

With Darmanitan still kind of following you for no good reason, you approach the Drifloon and ask her if she's seen anything interesting.

"Hrm," she says thoughtfully. "Well, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I saw something bright and shiny on the rooftop of the post office. Can't say I really know what it was, but it certainly looked interesting. It's on the far east side of the city. Might be worth checking out?"

How do you proceed?

> Head to the post office
    > Keep chatting with Drifloon
    > Go talk to the Bidoof over yonder

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Master Trainer

TEAM ASH0011'S SAFARI ADVENTCHA!

Grave's Yard
    A frightening place where all the worst stories originate. Home to Ghost and Dark type pokemon, you may find a rare Psychic type, but only the bravest dare tread here.

‡ Round 1 ‡

With a flash, the front desk and everything around you vanish as you're Teleported into the Zone. Taking a second to acclimate, you peer around at your surroundings. It's night and you find yourselves immersed in a sea of tombstones spilling out in every direction. This can be nowhere else but Grave's Yard.

You catch a faint cackling noise on the breeze but see nothing. On the horizon you see a mausoleum upon which a few Murkrows are perched. A little bit further than that you see a forest, dark and spooky even beneath the light of the moon.

How do you proceed?

> Enter the mausoleum
    > Approach the Murkrows
    > Head to the forest
    > Look around

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Master Trainer

TEAM BTPOKE'S SAFARI ADVENTCHA!

Sunshine Fields
    A large rolling plain that overlooks TPML, the grass is soft and the air tasty. A plethora of grass Pokemon are found here as they enjoy the tickling breeze and the bright sunshine. Bird and normal-types are also found here. Far to the north, a small rocky outcropping exists.

‡ Round 1 ‡

The Abra at the front desk snaps its fingers and Teleports you deep into the Safari Zone. You squint as harsh sunlight suddenly spills down upon you, marking your arrival at Sunshine Fields. At once, you're treated to a swarm of Volbeats and Illumises that buzz around just over your head. They look amorous.

Far to the north, you see rocky terrain. To the west, patches of tall grass flourish.

How do you proceed?

> Approach the Volbeats and Illumises
    > Head to the rocky outcrop
    > Explore the tall grass
    > Look around

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I think I'm going to look around some.

Master Trainer

Sunshine Fields
    A large rolling plain that overlooks TPML, the grass is soft and the air tasty. A plethora of grass Pokemon are found here as they enjoy the tickling breeze and the bright sunshine. Bird and normal-types are also found here. Far to the north, a small rocky outcropping exists.

‡ Round 2 ‡

You wander aimlessly, enjoying the sweet air and bright sunlight, even if it is a little glaring. As you wander, the Volbeats and Illumises zip off into the distance but are promptly replaced by a trio of Ledybas that roll around in the air doing summersaults. You can't tell if they're performing for you on purpose or if they're just energetic.

While the Ledybas fly around playfully, they fail to notice the Spearow swooping around overhead hungrily. Suddenly, the predatory bird enters into a steep dive, its talons outstretched as it rapidly draws close to the Bug Pokemon.

How do you proceed?

> Do something!
    > Watch nature run its course
    > Keep going

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Elite Trainer

Default Re: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0 (RL, Ash0011, BTPoke

I'm going to observe for a bit and see what happens (although I'm pretty sure I know what will happen xD)

Master Trainer

Default Re: [SZ Ref Thread] Oslo's Ostensibly Outrageous Outings! v. 2.0 (RL, Ash0011, BTPoke

Sunshine Fields

‡ Round 3 ‡

Hey, a Spearow has to eat, right? You watch as the Spearow continues its dive, coming within mere feet of the unsuspecting Ledybas.

Suddenly, the Ledybas throw up a triple Protect, stopping the Spearow cold. The bird smashes into the barrier and flops down to the ground in a daze. The trio of Bugs begin laughing. It appears as though they were aware of the bird's presence all along! Tricky little critters. The Ledybas circle the injured Spearow and, without warning, begin blasting their would-be predator with Psybeams. Those little guys sure know how to exact vengeance.

How do you proceed?

> Do something!
    > Watch nature run its course
    > Keep going

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Is ASB Back? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I instruct leo to draw each of us some emergency 1-use teleport medals then I close my eyes and use my orre powers to search my environment (I'm an orre guardian with a special sword instead of a staff[there were no rules stating that I can't do this] the sword is just a hilt, I use orre to make a blade) while leo recovers (yes I had a typo its leo, sketch is my white verson smeargle) if we find nothing we search the mausoleum

Elite Trainer

ok, I've had enough fun watching this. Not a big fan of ledyba anyway. Rosalinda, take up position and secretly use Protect and make sure it surrounds the spearow.

Master Trainer

Lol, I'm okay with you having a sword if you want a sword, but the Aura thing reads a little bit like god-modding. Maybe ask to clear it with the Head Refs first if you have your heart set on it?

Grave's Yard
    A frightening place where all the worst stories originate. Home to Ghost and Dark type pokemon, you may find a rare Psychic type, but only the bravest dare tread here.

‡ Round 2 ‡

Leo Sketches up some handy-dandy medallions for you and your party members while you peer around your surroundings. You see a dark blur zip into the mausoleum, startling the Murkrows perched on top and causing them to scatter. You also see something small poking out from behind a nearby tombstone.

How do you proceed?

> Enter the mausoleum
    > See what's behind the tombstone
    > Keep going

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Master Trainer

Sunshine Fields

‡ Round 4 ‡

Rosalinda throws up a Protect to ward off the Ledybas' attacks. Though the Bugs aren't particularly intimidated by one little Ralts, they see that the Spearow is beyond the point where it can cause them any real harm so they choose not to continue their assault. Instead, they take flight and buzz away. The Spearow lets out an appreciative moan.

Looking over, you see the battle has attracted some attention. A few Pokemon seem to be watching you with interest.

How do you proceed?

> Tend to the Spearow
    > Approach the Cottonee
    > Approach the Linoone
    > Approach the Kricketot
    > Keep going

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Elite Trainer

I'm gonna tend to the spearow and see how it's doing

Master Trainer

Sunshine Fields

‡ Round 5 ‡

You see how the Spearow is doing. The little guy looks a little bruised and battered, but he appears to be no stranger to battle. He pulls himself up and puts on a stoic face, hopping a little close to you. He seems to be... smiling? Maybe? It's a bit hard to tell when a bird is smiling, but you're pretty sure this guy is.

"Thank you, human," he says. "I appreciate you coming to my aid. My dinner... got away from me, as you can see."

How do you proceed?

> Continue talking with the Spearow
    > Keep going

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Elite Trainer

weird, never imagined a spearow could smile. I'm gonna keep talking to it, see if I can find out where to find eevee.
    (yes, it is revealed. I'm looking for an eevee)

Master Trainer

Sunshine Fields

‡ Round 6 ‡

"Eevee?" Spearow says. "Hrm. No, there are no Eevees around here. However, in my younger days I used to visit the Old Village a lot. I remember there being a colony of Eevees around there."

How do you proceed?

> Keep going
    > Head to the Old Village

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Elite Trainer

alright, we have our heading! now I should probably ask the spearow what's the fastest way to the old village.

Master Trainer

Sunshine Fields

‡ Round 7 ‡

"The Old Village?" Spearow asks. "It's on the far side of the Ivy Woods. It's quite a hike. You guys might be better off Teleporting."

He jabs a feather at Rosalinda.

How do you proceed?

> Keep going
    > Head to the Old Village

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Elite Trainer

well, I don't know. rosa's psychic abilities are kind of developing. if she's up to it, let's go!

Advanced Trainer

god-modding would be making me psychic like sabrina and i made a suggestion that would nerd this thats being discussed, anyways check the tombstone, if its nothing goto the mausoleum

Master Trainer

The Old Village
    An abandoned part of the village that is set for refurbishment some time in the future. Who knows what you can find here, pokemon seem to flock to it from wherever they are. There's also rumours of places hidden beneath the old village..

‡ Round 8 ‡

Rosalinda joins hands with you and Sake and uses her Psychic powers to Teleport you away from Sunshine Fields. You instantly reappear in the middle of an empty, ramshackle street in some rundown town. Before you can properly examine your surroundings, a Herdier in mad pursuit of a Nidoran♂ knocks into you.

You're thrown hard to the ground. Your Pokeballs tumble from your belt and begin rolling across the asphalt toward a storm drain. Eep.

How do you proceed?

> Scramble toward the Pokeballs!
    > Call out a command
    > Watch as Pokeballs go bye-bye

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Master Trainer

Grave's Yard

‡ Round 3 ‡

You peer around the tombstone and see a little green Pokemon munching on a tuft of wilted grass.

How do you proceed?

> Approach Larvitar
    > Enter the mausoleum
    > Keep going

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Elite Trainer

there is no way in the pokemon equivalent of hell that I'm losing those without catching an eevee! Rosalinda, use psychic to stop those pokeballs! sake, help rosa retrieve them!

Advanced Trainer

I approach the larvaitar and challenge it to a battle, if it agrees, I have ricario use focus blast while leo makes a thunder wave then ric needs to use a aura sphere while leo sketches a fighting belt and finish with ric using the belt's power to superpower the larvaitar while sketch sketches another belt if it gets low enough throw poke ball, if its mom comes out run into the crypt, if it disagrees head for the crypt
    Edit: if its lost use aura to find its mom
    Last edited by Ash0011; 2nd May 2012 at 02:09 PM.

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

We'll go check out the Shiny Thing(!!). Thanks Drifloon, enjoy the breeze. Um... Darmanitan, why don't you stick with me a little while longer, you might like the shiny thing.

Master Trainer

The Old Village
    An abandoned part of the village that is set for refurbishment some time in the future. Who knows what you can find here, pokemon seem to flock to it from wherever they are. There's also rumours of places hidden beneath the old village..

‡ Round 9 ‡

Rosalinda and Sake scramble into action to save the Pokeballs, but they're still slightly dazed from their encounter with the Herdier. Their efforts simply aren't fast enough: the Pokeballs roll into the storm drain and fall out of sight. You can't even hear them land.

"Oh no! Did you drop something in the sewer?" a voice behind you asks.

You turn around to get a look at who's talking to you.

That's... interesting timing.

How do you proceed?

> Respond to Eevee
    > Try to figure out a way to get your Pokeballs back

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available
    n/a

Master Trainer

Grave's Yard

‡ Round 4 ‡

You challenge Larvitar to a battle. She stops munching on her grass, peers from you to your Pokemon and shakes her head.

"If we're going to battle, it'll be a one on one," she says simply.

How do you proceed?

> Accept
    > Decline

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Master Trainer

TEAM RAZOR LEAF'S SAFARI ADVENTCHA!

Skyline Terrace
    A strange town, all within the treetops. Long since abandoned by humans, the MASSIVE amount of Pokemon that live here all seem a bit strange and off kilter. The completely aerial town is connected by boardwalks, and the homes all resemble traditional Japanese style. One would think the townspeople were turned into Pokemon here!

‡ Round 17 ‡

Damanitan officially joins your party (which is to say I add him to the table at the bottom of the page) as you set out for the post office. You travel across numerous boardwalks as you head eastward. Eventually, you come across a rather large building nestled in the treetops. A sign reading Skyline Terrace Postal Outlet sits out front. You watch as Chatots fly in and out the windows, often clutching envelopes or weightier packages in their claws.

"So... how do we get on the roof?" Darmanitan asks.

How do you proceed?

> Put on your thinking cap!
    > Approach a Chatot

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Elite Trainer

[oh oslo you little bastard xD]

"yeah, I dropped my only two pokeballs into the sewer." [that sentence sounded a lot better in my head, but I'm too lazy to change it]
    Last edited by BTPoke; 2nd May 2012 at 06:51 PM.

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by BTPoke View Post
    [oh oslo you little bastard xD]
    ;D

The Old Village

‡ Round 10 ‡

You explain your predicament to Eevee.

"Well, that sounds like rotten luck," Eevee says. "If you want, I could help you go down there and retrieve them? I know where a manhole is. Just sayin'."

How do you proceed?

> Accept Eevee's help
    > Decline because that sounds really gross

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available
    n/a

Elite Trainer

"that would be awesome, thank you." I'm gonna go with the eevee to get the two pokeballs, then.

Master Trainer

The Old Village

‡ Round 11 ‡

Eevee leads you a short way down the street. Congregated at the edge of a manhole cover is a small gaggle of Pokemon.

"And when I went down there to retrieve my lost item," the Misdreavus explains, "the Monster grabbed hold of me and wouldn't let go! I was lucky to escape!"

"Same thing happened to me!" Dunsparce says, and Kecleon nods. "I tried to get a good look but couldn't."

"We've been having some troubles," Eevee says to you quietly. "Some folks have been losing their possessions in the sewer and... well, I certainly don't believe there's a Monster down there, but I've kind of been looking for an excuse to find out for sure. It might be risky. I'm not afraid, though, unless you are?"

How do you proceed?

> No fear! Down into the sewer!
    > Stay and chat with the locals

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available
    n/a
    Last edited by Oslo; 2nd May 2012 at 07:41 PM.

Elite Trainer

Well, I happen to be dumb and brave at the same time, so let's head on in! maybe I can find an interesting pokemon to ca- ... Damn!

Master Trainer

The Old Village

‡ Round 12 ‡

Eevee joins your party as Sake lifts the manhole cover and exposes a dark whole descending deep beneath the city. You go first, gripping the wet, rusted ladder with your hands as you carefully climb down into the unknown.

You eventually make it down to solid ground. Everything down here is dank and slimy and expectedly smelly. You hear the sound of rushing water nearby as Sake, Rosalinda and Eevee join you in the sewer. There isn't enough light for you get a good look at your surroundings.

Before you can work on acquiring light, however, you begin to hear a distinct moaning noise. Uh-oh.

How do you proceed?

> Illuminate your surroundings
    > Attack blindly
    > Run!

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available
    n/a

Elite Trainer

rosa, quick, use flash!
    sake, eevee, prepare to attack!

Advanced Trainer

I accept, ric, you go, use calm mind X2 then aura sphere, earthquake if dig
    if it turns out to be a zorua then use swords danceX2 and brick break
    Last edited by Ash0011; 2nd May 2012 at 08:54 PM.

Master Trainer

The Old Village

‡ Round 13 ‡

Rosalinda uses Flash to illuminate the area. You're standing on a narrow walkway beside a stream of dark, rushing water. The source of the moaning becomes apparent as Rosalinda's light washes over the approaching horde.

That's a lot of sludge. Your Pokemon try to attack, but they've been rendered immobile with Disable. And the Grimers continue to approach...

How do you proceed?

> Issue commands
    > Flee

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available
    n/a

Master Trainer

Grave's Yard

‡ Round 5 ‡

The battle begins as Ricario closes his eyes and enters a meditative state. As renewed vigour washes over him, Larvitar proves she's a tough little fighter by lashing out at Ricario with not one but two Superpowered strikes. The sheer force of the hit sends your Lucario stumbling back a bit, but he maintains his composure by whipping a sphere of luminous energy at Larvitar. The attack strikes and does serious damage, but Larvitar can't be counted out just yet. She spits a blob of steaming Toxic goo at Lucario... and it has no effect.

Oh, wild Pokemon.

How do you proceed?

> Issue commands
    > Throw Pokeball

‡ Post-Round ‡

Acquisitions
    n/a
    Available

Advanced Trainer

use toxic, then metal sound and finish with focus blast, use me first for another superpower

Also I ask leo to draw up some aura gloves that will allow me to sense and manipulate aura and imbue them each with 1/4 of her health so they don't disappear, she can recover while watching the battle (technically I found them in safari zone so they're ok LOOPHOLE! ;D)
    Last edited by Ash0011; 3rd May 2012 at 10:17 AM.

Elite Trainer

"hey hey hey hold on." maybe I can try reasoning with them (or stall to wait out the disable)