Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DL I challenge YOU to a Gym battle!

Is ASB Back? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default DL I challenge YOU to a Gym battle!

I wish to begin conquering the gyms starting with this one it will be a 3v3 (at least if I get to decide the rules) nothing banned, you want to send first or can I?

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: DL I challenge YOU to a Gym battle!

Will ref!

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I release, you release and attack, I attack.

Ha-ohmaru the Gallade will be your first opponent.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Advanced Trainer

I use

Smeargle
    Female
    Leo
    own tempo
    shiny but still with green tail (tip)

sketch a shield made of ice and use safeguard, then use blizzard if it tries to status you draw a wall in front of the move (first turn only)

Veteran Trainer

>.>..Welcome to my temple, Ash. I hope your enthusiasm stays throughout this bout.

Ha-ohmaru. ( oh yeah Justified)

Snatch the drawing, we can use that for sure. If I'm reading this right, then he can't do his second move...and we can setup...that being Swords Dance and then end with Focus Punch.

Snatch~Swords Dance~Focus Punch

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Master Trainer

TEAM DARKESTLIGHT
    versus
    TEAM ASH0011

Rules: See Gym rules
    Abilities: Active
    DQ Time: One week

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 1 ‡

Another day, another super-exciting Gym battle. Folks, welcome to the Temple of the Yoroi, the Gym belonging to none other than Light-comma-Darkest, ASB's second most badass Gym Leaders! (No points for guessing who's first. *swishes hair back*) Today, Ash0011 will take on DL in an attempt to nab the one and only Kikouktkekaiakrikaaaai Badge. And that's the story.

So let's get this thing going!

Gym Leader Darkly summons an oval-waisted Fighter to the field while Ash calls upon the help of an artistic dog thing. Leo gets to work and begins Sketching up a shield, but Ha-ohmaru is all, nah man, s'all for me. A black hand leaps across the field, Snatches up the painted shield and drags it over to Ha-ohmaru.

Cue some kind of lame joke about art theft. Oslo's too lazy to make it.

Ha-ohmaru: <-4 EP; Ice Shield>
    Leo: <-4 EP>

With Leo completely at a loss for what to do, she stares on as Ha-ohmaru pirouettes tauntingly. (I'm not sure if one can actually pirouette "tauntingly" but, hey, that Gallade is sure as hell trying.)

Ha-ohmaru: <-4 EP; +2 Att>
    Leo: <*cough*>

Ha-ohmaru closes his eyes and begins to meditate. Uh-oh. Something painful as hell this way comes. Since there's nothing Leo can really do at the moment, she begins to Relax and regains the little bit of energy she expended during the first action. As she twiddles her things, Ha-ohmaru springs to life. The Gallade lunges across the field and clobbers Leo with the Focus Punch of the century. Leo is thrown face-first into a suit of armour.

So all in all, not a wonderful round for her.

Ha-ohmaru: <-13 EP>
    Leo: <-27 HP; +4 EP>

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> At 0 EP, Pokemon will begin to lose 1 HP for every 2 EP they consume
    > TEAM DARKESTLIGHT to command next

Advanced Trainer

waaaaaait focus punch takes 2 actions

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

no it doesn't. It takes only one action. it just goes last in the action to give the opponent a chance to stop the focus punch.

Master Trainer

BTPoke is correct.

Advanced Trainer

crud oh well

Veteran Trainer

La. Off work. So lets Oh sweet! I can do this Skyrim Style!

o.O? No, way I can really do this? Gotta try.

Focus Punch unless he tries attacking you, then use that shield to block the incoming attack, then follow up with Psycho Cut and Drain Punch.

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

*starts humming "the dragonborn comes"

Advanced Trainer

*trollface* activating epic ice shield backup combo, that whole first action was a epic setup, based on the fact that people ALWAYS snatch sketches so now is my turn to lol at you, the shield starts humming and throws up a protect bubble around Ha-ohmaru then immediately sucks all the heat out of the space in an epic sheer cold (if that doesn't freeze him I don't know what will) and finishes by breaking into a ton of tiny pieces, finally leo sketches a pink sack with an eye on it

Protect... doesn't work that way...

Also, I'm pretty sure you can't command the shield to do anything (since it was, you know, Snatched...)
    -Grey

Master Trainer

Yar, Grey is of course correct. Anything Snatched from you is no longer under your control.

TEAM DARKESTLIGHT
    versus
    TEAM ASH0011

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 2 ‡

After a breakneck first round, the battle continues as Leo struggles to execute her trainer's commands. She concentrates on Ha-ohmaru's icy shield in an attempt to get it to do her vile bidding, but the shield just doesn't want to cooperate. Ha-ohmaru, meanwhile, has been concentrating all this time... and it pays off. When he springs to life, he executes a Focus Punch just as powerful as the first. Leo is given a one-way trip to the nearest wall where she collides with a gut-wrenching crunch.

Ha-ohmaru: <-13 EP>
    Leo: <-27 HP>

As Leo pulls herself up, the Gym Leader's Gallade proves that he isn't hardwired for mercy. He marches over to Leo and tears into the amateur artist with a Psychic-type slash, knocking her back. Less painful than the Focus Punch, but still painful.

Ha-ohmaru: <-5 EP>
    Leo: <-11 HP>

Ha-ohmaru's next attack is a Drain Punch which only fulfills half of its intended function. It robs Leo of a fair bit of health but fails to restore the Gallade given the fact that, y'know, he's sitting at full health. Leo finally gets down to business and begins Sketching a mysterious pink sack with an eye stitched into it. Could this be what she needs to turn the tables?

Ha-ohmaru: <-6 EP>
    Leo: <-16 HP; -4 EP; Pink Sack w/ Eye>

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> TEAM ASH0011 to command next
    Last edited by Oslo; 21st May 2012 at 10:09 PM.

Advanced Trainer

the backup is programmed into the shield it uses energy from its user I mean if I'm not allowed to do this at least let me re-command and with protect it creates a spherical barrier, it works both ways nothing in, nothing out

Elite Trainer

I don't believe you can secretly have a failsafe programmed into a sketched shield made of ice.

Master Trainer

Nothing is ever secretly "programmed" into a Sketched object. What you were trying to do is god-moding. I imagine it's up to DL if you can resubmit commands, though I admit I'm not a fan of having to re-ref the round because you've misunderstood what kind of license you have over Sketch. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but you should have been able to surmise on your own that such a tactic wouldn't fly.

Advanced Trainer

oh well sketch has gone through so many changes lately that I'm not sure what will work, luckily I have the sack though
    anywho since is unlikely that DL will let me resubmit my current commands are to be I have leo use the bag to pain split then draw a rift in the air and start tossing the armor orbs into it, if gallade attacks you just let the move go into the sack, if it tries to punch you or snatch the bag pull the sack over its head and use future sight to send the bag into the future with gallade inside of it if it uses protect start by drawing the rift then split then toss
    and yes there are still moves that can hit and this is legal according to the sketch entry
    Last edited by Ash0011; 21st May 2012 at 10:36 PM.

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Ash0011 View Post
    oh well sketch has gone through so many changes lately that I'm not sure what will work, luckily I have the sack though
    anywho since is unlikely that DL will let me resubmit my current commands are to be I have leo use the bag to pain split then draw a rift in the air and start tossing the armor orbs into it, if gallade attacks you just let the move go into the sack, if it tries to punch you or snatch the bag pull the sack over its head and use future sight to send the bag into the future with gallade inside of it if it uses protect start by drawing the rift then split then toss
    and yes there are still moves that can hit and this is legal according to the sketch entry

So all I'mma say is that you can't edit commands once they've been posted. The part you edited in (ie. what I've bolded) isn't valid, just so DL knows.

Advanced Trainer

this battle isn't going nearly as well as I'd hoped... also the change was made less than 5 min after... guess that's what I get for not wanting to use the go advanced button so I could preview it and make sure I didn't del anything important

Mew Master of SCIENCE! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Okay, I've been reading this and doing some reading in the ASB Movelist, checking on Sketch and how it's being used here... and honestly.

I think you're trying to use Sketch as much more powerful than it actually is. Certainly it takes some planning and unorthodox thinking to make it effective (for what it is), however trying to say that a 'snatchable' item such as a shield has an ingrained Self-Destruct when it's only built of ice is taking it several miles too far, and borders on God-Modding to try and break the rules.

Are there some limitations and some exceptions? Certainly. Olso's the Ref, and often what he says goes, when there's a dispute, everyone gets their piece and Oslo can rule on it. And as a non-bias Third Party, I say he's in the right to Ref-Hammer in this case because it's way out of bounds.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art
    Bring your Battles to Life

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

We don't like reality... we Re-draw it!

Diamond Friend Code: 124696093377
    SoulSilver Friend Code: 296633754096

Advanced Trainer

yes I know I'm just trying to get used to the changes sketch has gone through (probably shouldn't have used a gym battle for that)

Master Trainer

Eh, live and learn buddy, live and learn.

Sides I really don't remember Sketch being even considered to do what you tried to.

A Gym Battle is the school of hard Knocks anyways, and DL's not unbeatable, just takes some unorthodox thinking plus a big arse lucky shot. (loveyaDLandWynd<3)
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

Advanced Trainer

yeah like I said sketch was just changed and I'm testing the waters in this battle (mainly because if I try it in another battle the broken strats will be made known and fixed so...)

Veteran Trainer

Before I attack.

Ash: I'm sorry if we seem to shut you down at every avenue. You are really being creative and I appreciate that. We need the energy you bring to ASB to help us develop and create it.

Now. I will point out that yes, yer stretching the realms of anime physics. Even in the Anime, they wouldn't be able to do what you did. You gotta realize that there are points that you can't cross. Sketching hidden parameters in a weapon that was Snatched wouldn't help you since
    a) you wouldn't have made a mechanism to activate said parameter without alerting at least the ref to its existence-and since all Battles (Especially Gym Battles) are on the up and up-there's no secret tactics.

Not mad at you, I'm respecting your willingness to push -just remember that for some things we're gonna push back- Don't worry We'll find a acceptable Medium for Sketch that will have some drawbacks and some positives that will satiate everyone.

Now. On to this ass whooping. From what I read...yer trying to make a Vortex to kill all my orbs. And then if I attack you, then you're gonna make my attack go in the sack?

But -and I'm using your physics now- that sack isin't infinite. Meaning it can be busted.

So that's what I'll do. Hyper Fight! (Vacumn Wave+Close Combat)

If that dog is still standing, then uhhh, applaud its resilience and bash it upside the head with the shield.

Hyper Fight (Vacumn Wave+Close Combat)~Applaud its resilience and bash it upside the head with the shield.

And yes. I'm a totally different person when it comes to Gym Battles. Or against Denz. ¬¬

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Love ya too DL.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Master Trainer

TEAM DARKESTLIGHT
    versus
    TEAM ASH0011

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 3 ‡

As the next round begins, Ha-ohmaru couples a priority energy blast with some close-quarters combat to create a deadly Fighting-type attack. Leo holds up her sack, but it's just that, a sack, and doesn't have any protective abilities. The comboed attack rips through the bag and obliterates what little health Leo has left.

The artistically inclined canine falls.

Ha-ohmaru: <-12 EP; -1 Def; -1 SpD>
    Leo: <-19 HP>

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> TEAM ASH0011 to release next
    > TEAM DARKESTLIGHT to command next

Elite Trainer

cool, maybe this battle can get somewhere when we're not arguing over sketch

Advanced Trainer

what happened to putting it in the sack when it got close that I'm pretty sure is allowed

Vacuum Wave takes priority.
    -Grey

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

I am loving this battle.

Veteran Trainer

lol. I know I'm doing well when Andrew pops in XD

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

And then it's alll downhill from here...
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

I still might be able to win
    I use munch my female munchlax with thick fat

Veteran Trainer

>.> Home now. Starting here.
    Munchlax huh? Well, we'll go for...Vacumn Wave~Thunder Wave~Psychic

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer

grab the broken bag and use recycle to repair it then use psychic to redirect the thunder wave to Ha and finish by using psychic to put all the orbs into the bag (wait until after Ha uses psychic so you aren't interrupted) and hopefully snag the ice shield too

Master Trainer

TEAM DARKESTLIGHT
    versus
    TEAM ASH0011

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 3 ‡

Ash recalls his poor, fallen Smeargle and summons a new Pokemon to the field. With a flash of red light, out pops a... wait for it... Munchlax! Whoo! As I struggle to remain unbiased with such an awesome Pokemon on the field, Ha-ohmaru leaps into action with another Vacuum Wave. Munch takes the hit to her rather rotund gut and, rather than retaliating, focuses on darning Leo's tattered bag. I've never seen such skill with a thread and needle! Might we have a future Project Runway winner on our hands?

And so ends what might be the first time Recycle has ever been used in an ASB.

Ha-ohmaru: <-2 EP>
    Munch: <-8 HP; -4 EP; Pink Sack w/ Eye>

Ha-ohmaru sparkles like a big, awkward Christmas tree and lets loose with a sizzle of electricity. Munch tries to manipulate the high voltage and direct it back at Ha-ohmaru, but the attack's medium (ie. energy) makes such an endeavour impossible. Munch is thus struck. In the end, she decides that she might as well put that Psychic energy to good use and directs it at Ha-ohmaru instead. She makes the Gallade hop around little a bunny rabbit before tossing him hard against the wall. Yowch. Poor bunny.

Ha-ohmaru: <-10 HP; -4 EP>
    Munch: <-7 EP; Par>

Ha-ohmaru gets a little bit of vengeance and now it's Munch's turn to hop around like a woodland creature. As Munch is slammed against a suit of armour, her body goes rigid with that thing called Paralysis.

Ha-ohmaru: <-7 EP>
    Munch: <-11 HP; Can't move!>

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> TEAM ASH0011 to command next
    Last edited by Oslo; 23rd May 2012 at 11:50 PM.

Advanced Trainer

use work up to work your muscles out of paralysis then attract him and finish by psychicing the orbs into the sack, subs if it tries to snatch/theif the bag then counter by snatching the bag and the shield, if it taunts you then ice beam it if it tries to punch/kick/assult you then pull an epic Jackie Chan meets Chuck Norris fling (the kind where the move never even hits) let's see an epic Munchlax table-turner!!!

Veteran Trainer

o.O ::Reads carefully.::

Ok. Can't attack you or you do shenanigans? I play Shenanigans.

Walk over and get the Rekka orb, and use Flamethrower on the bag. That takes care of the main problem.

Then..Drain Punch and Focus Blast

Flamethrower the bag~Drain Punch~Focus Blast

Entertaining quotes!