Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Metronome Melee! Alliteration Abuser Rossymore VS DarkestLight (Ref: Ozzyzzy)

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Metronome Melee! Alliteration Abuser Rossymore VS DarkestLight (Ref: Ozzyzzy)

Hi. I'm feeling crazy. Are you feeling crazy? No?

Do you want to? No?

You're not being very co-operative here.

...no? Damn you...

ANYWAY, I'm up for a 3 VS 3 Metronome only battle, because these things are fun. It will take place in a standard arena, as the ref will have enough to worry about, but has plenty of room to accommodate the madness that will occur.

One other thing is that each use of Metronome uses 5 EN, so it can be used 20 times. You have to rely on luck to restore energy, though there is a 10% Metronome will restore 10 EN and a 5% chance of doing NOTHING AT ALL. NOTHING AT ALL. NOTHING AT ALL. But if those effects occur, they don't happen again until a Pokemon faints.

So, I will send out my Samayouru, my female Dusclops with Pressure.

All you need to do is send out, then the ref goes to town. It must be a Poke that actually knows Metronome, btw.

CRAAAAAAAAAZZZZYYYY!!!
    Last edited by Rossymore; 21st May 2012 at 08:28 AM.

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Metronome Melee! Alliteration Abuser Rossymore VS YOU...HOPEFULLY

Will ref! I've always wanted to ref something like this. Just to be clear, I will essentially just be posting round after round? No need to wait for commands (since, y'know... it's a Metronome battle)?

Is ASB Back? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

well can't you have pokemon rest and recover hp
    I'd like to do this but I'm already in the dragon thing and need oslo to finish reefing so I can get my larvaitar

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Ash0011 View Post
    well can't you have pokemon rest and recover hp
    Well, since Rest is an attack that isn't Metronome, that would be a no.

I'd like to do this but I'm already in the dragon thing and need oslo to finish reefing so I can get my larvaitar
    Lol, but what does your SZ quest have to do with this battle?

I Finnished last Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Lol, but what does your SZ quest have to do with this battle?
    I'm under an impression that Ash011 needs a Larvitar to take part in my challenge.

Master Trainer

Lol, but what does that battle have to do with this battle?

Advanced Trainer

I'm just saying that it might've been awhile since someone reefed the sz
    but that's beside the point, good luck with the battle

Elite Trainer

...so who's facing me?

I might be interested, but if Ash0011 has two open slots (for this and my Dragon challenge) he gets this since he was first.

Elite Trainer

Well, the first person who says "Yes, I want to battle you." gets the battle. I'm not fussed.

@Oslo: Seems like it. Have fun!
    Last edited by Rossymore; 11th May 2012 at 09:07 AM.

Advanced Trainer

nope only 1

Master Trainer

I'm just saying that it might've been awhile since someone reefed the sz
    but that's beside the point, good luck with the battle
    Two days is not a long enough wait for you to jump in a completely unrelated thread and hassle me. Ash, you need to be more patient. Daily reffings aren't always feasible.

So no challenger yet?

*puts out bait to lure a potential challenger*

Advanced Trainer

I wasn't hassling I was just bringing it up so that, on the off chance you didn't notice the posts, you would see, and I'm not sure how soon the dragon battle is going to start so I don't want to take any chances
    anyways is there anyone with a free slot that can challenge in the first place
    Last edited by Ash0011; 11th May 2012 at 12:00 PM.

I'm afraid I'll have to forget this. Just noticed I have only one Pokemon that knows Metronome. Sorry.

Advanced Trainer

I can lend you my munchlax

Thanks for the offer, but my only Pokemon in question is my own Munchlax.

Now someone take on poor Rossy so this will finally get started!!!1!!

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

O.o? That knows Metronome. Do I have 4 battles going?

Mew...Ayeun...I think I can do this?

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Elite Trainer

Okay good. Let's start this before it reaches a second page. Choose a Pokemon!

Veteran Trainer

Greebly, M Sableye w Stall...which has no use in this battle Rotf. Battle GO!
    uSE...Metronome, and then summore Metronoooome! End with..Metronome!

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Master Trainer

TEAM ROSSYMORE
    versus
    TEAM DARKESTLIGHT

Rules: All attacks but Metronome are banned
    Abilities: Active
    DQ Time: One week

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 1 ‡

Good day, ladies and gents, and welcome to the most random battle ASB has ever seen! Today, two steely competitors will be facing off. The catch? Their Pokemon will be forced to use that one Pokemon move that's perhaps more random than Charles Legend himself... Metronome! The battlers release, with Rossy calling upon a one-eyed ghost while DL summons a jewel-faced ghoul. Hooray for selecting Pokemon with many immunities!

Bulbapedia's complete list of moves has been pulled up... the RNG is set between 1 and 559... and with that, let's begin!

The battle begins as Greebly, the speedier of the two Pokemon, waggles his fingers in the air. Suddenly, he begins eyeing Samayouru with a Spiteful glint in his eyes, which causes Samayouru to feel oddly fatigued all of a sudden. Undaunted, Samayouru also joins in the finger-wagging festivities. His body becomes charged with an Earthly Power that he releases in a series of concussive waves. The strength of the strike blasts Greebly off of his feet and onto his little purple tush.

Samayouru: <-7 EP; -8 EP Spite>
    Greebly: <-9 HP; -6 EP>

Greebly hauls his ass up off the ground and performs another Metronome. Tch tch tch. Suddenly, a strange, beak-like protuberance bulges out of his face and begins spinning in a rapid drilling motion. Deciding to go with it, Greebly charges at Sammy and starts pecking at him like a zombie bird. Samayouru copes with this situation... by... passing wind? For serious, Sammy? However, as the ghost fart wafts toward Greebly, the little spook begins to fall ill. I feel for you, little guy.

Samayouru: <-8 HP; -4 EP>
    Greebly: <-8 EP; Psn>

Holding his stomach with one hand, Greebly begins waving about the other in the air. He releases a wee little ball of flame that bursts against Samayouru, Incinerating the Ghost... very lightly. (Oslo proposes Incinerate should be renamed to something less severe, like Kitchen Burn, given the attack's low power.) Sammy responds with the last Metronome of the round, which results in him releasing an Astonishing burst of energy. Hey, look! An attack that Sammy gets STAB from! Cool beans.

Samayouru: <-3 HP; -1 EP>
    Greebly: <-5 HP; -3 EP>

Greebly's stomach churns from the fart <-3 HP>.

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> At 0 EP, Pokemon will begin to lose 1 HP for every 2 EP they consume... which at this rate will almost certainly happen, especially with Pressure
    > Samayouru: Spite, Poison Gas, Astonish
    > Greebly: Earth Power, Drill Peck, Incinerate
    > *fingers crossed the RNG actually does call up Explosion*
    > Number of times a round has included at least one attack from every generation: 1
    > Number of times a Legendary move has been used: 0, but I will keep my fingers crossed
    > Fun fact: there are only 7 attacks out of 559 that with a base power of 30, and two of them were used during the last action! (Actually, wait, that fact isn't very fun at all...)
    > Next round coming when Oslo feels like it
    Last edited by Oslo; 13th May 2012 at 01:25 PM.

Elite Trainer

Well that was a hilarious first round. I'm going to enjoy this battle a lot.

Veteran Trainer

Wtf XD This is crazy.

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

TEAM ROSSYMORE
    versus
    TEAM DARKESTLIGHT

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 2 ‡

Our battle continues as Greebly waves his fingers around in the air yet again, performing another Metronome. An Ice Shard materializes in one of his hands and he figures, hey, why not stab Samayouru in the face with it? And so he does. And it hurts. Samayouru also Metronomes and suddenly feels the need to swat Greebly with a series of random blows as though Frustrated, except she isn't, so her attack come across a little limp-wristed. Limp-wristed or not, Greebly, of course, doesn't feel a thing. Lovely.

Fingers crossed someone Metronomes Foresight, 'cause I foresee that sort of thing happening a lot.

Samayouru: <-4 HP; -4 EP>
    Greebly: <-4 EP>

Greebly's next Metronome brings about a massive surge of chi energy that he flings at his opponent... but it merely sails right through Samayouru's spectral body. (Still holding out for that Foresight.) Samayouru wiggles her fingers and then lashes out with yet another series of random physical blows that... also sail right through their target...

Well. Crap.

Samayouru: <-8 EP>
    Greebly: <-12 EP>

Greebly's next Metronome causes his stomach to grumble with hunger. He walks over to Samayouru and tries to perform a Dream Eater, but it really just looks like he's nibbling affectionately on her ear. That's just awkwardsauce. Samayouru wiggles her fingers and, suddenly, begins Coiling herself within her bandages. The attack does no damage; that said, at least it does something. Three of her stats rise.

And after our second round, the question of "who's going to defeat whom?" has quickly turned into "who's going fall dead from fatigue first?" Given how many rounds this is going to take, the answer is me.

Samayouru: <-6 EP; +1 Att; +1 Def; +1 Acc>
    Greebly: <-10 EP>

The Poison guarantees Greebly <-3 HP> actually takes some damage this round.

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> This is awesome
    > Samayouru: Frustration, Endeavor, Coil
    > Greebly: Ice Shard, Focus Blast, Dream Eater
    > Number of times a round has included at least one attack from every generation: 2
    > Number of attacks that have had zero effect: 4
    Last edited by Oslo; 13th May 2012 at 06:16 PM.

Veteran Trainer

awkwardsauce XD Dude I cant wait for this battle to end, I wanna publish it XD

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

TEAM ROSSYMORE
    versus
    TEAM DARKESTLIGHT

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 3 ‡

Shenanigans continue as Greebly performs, yeppers, another Metronome. Resolving to Take Sammy Down, he throws his body at the cyclops ghost thinger and, yes, sails right through her like a ship through a patch of fog. Samayouru sniggers wickedly and wiggles her fingers in the air. Suddenly, she huffs and puffs and blows a massive Whirlwind across the field. The storm she kicks up is fierce and tremendous...ly ineffective. Greebly yawns. He's pretty sure he's sneezed better windstorms than that.

Samayouru: <-4 EP>
    Greebly: <-9 EP>

Greebly Metronomes again, wiggling his fingers just like a drunken typist. Suddenly, he decides that he's rather exhausted and would rather lounge about instead in an attempt to regain health. (@#$%, don't prolong this you fool!) Sammy, meanwhile, conjures up a ferocious snowstorm contained in a sphere no bigger than a snowglobe. She hurls the potentially lethal blizzard across the field.

Keyword: "potentially."

Even with her boosted Accuracy stat, the attack still misses. Huzzah.

Samayouru: <-17 EP>
    Greebly: <+15 HP; -15 EP>

Deciding that lazy time is over, Greebly Metronomes a shiny gift box into existence! Whoopie! He tosses the Present at Sammy's feet and it bursts in an explosion of glitter and confetti, all of which does absolutely nothing except make the battlefield look like the floor of a strip club. Sammy also calls up a random attack that results in a neon beam screaming across the field toward Greebly. Astonishingly, it has an effect. Yes, folks, Greebly takes damage. I repeat, Greebly takes damage. Minds everywhere are asploding.

Samayouru: <-5 EP>
    Greebly: <-7 HP; -8 EP>

Greebly takes even more damage thanks to the Poison <-3 HP>.

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> Samayouru: Whirlwind, Sheer Cold, Aurora Beam
    > Greebly: Take Down, Slack Off, Present
    > Number of non-damaging healing moves (*shakes fist*): 1
    > Number of attacks that have had zero effect: 8
    Last edited by Oslo; 14th May 2012 at 01:49 PM.

Veteran Trainer

wtf so many normal moves XD

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer

we should do something like this except with multiple refs sometime, that would be epic

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestLight View Post
    wtf so many normal moves XD
    Fun fact: 30% of all moves are Normal!

TEAM ROSSYMORE
    versus
    TEAM DARKESTLIGHT

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 4 ‡

The next round kicks off as Greebly wiggles his widdle fingers in the air. The poor things must be exhausted. Putting those claws of his to good use, he stomps right up to Samayouru and Slashes her in the face vigorously. The attack does nothing (except make me bury my face in my hands and weep). Good ol' Sammy steps up to bat and performs a Metronome of her own, which causes something to lodge itself in her throat. She starts hacking and coughing and eventually spits up a little seed that plants itself in the loamy soil of Greebly's forehead. Guess the seed's not picky?

Samayouru: <-4 EP>
    Greebly: <-7 EP; LSd>

Greebly's next finger wave elicits a truly bizarre effect. The memory of last round's Aurora Beam hangs heavily in his mind and, in an attempt to prevent any other Ice-type move from doing significant damage, his blood begins to run extra-hot. (Not that he has blood, but just go with it.) Samayouru, meanwhile, wiggles her fingers which causes... Styx to start playing? Mmkay. Greebly, who apparently hates Styx I guess, covers his ears and begins writhing on the ground in pain.

Samayouru: <-6 EP>
    Greebly: <-8 HP; -6 EP; Fire-type>

Greebly wiggles his fingers and performs another Metronome. Suddenly, his body begins sizzling with Electric current that he can't help but discharge upon his foe. Sammy's limbs begin to feel stiff as they lock up with Paralysis. However, this doesn't stop her from performing a Metronome of her own. Like my cat on my laptop, she begins climbing all over Greebly in a truly awkward manner. It looks painful. Also bewildering. Personal space, man.

Samayouru: <-10 HP; -7 EP; Par>
    Greebly: <-10 HP; -10 EP>

Greebly's health dwindles thanks to the Poison <-3 HP> and then sinks even lower because of the Leech Seed <-3 HP>. Samayouru's health, on the other hand, rises <+3 HP>.

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> Samayouru: Leech Seed, Relic Song, Rock Climb
    > Greebly: Slash, Conversion 2, Thunderbolt
    > Because Conversion 2 changes the user's type so that it resists the last damage-dealing attack used, it made Greebly resist Aurora Beam, not Leech Seed (although Fire also resists Grass now that I think about it, but that's just a coincidence)
    > On that note, Conversion 2 is a godsend <3
    > Number of times a Legendary move has been used: 1!
    > Number of attacks that have had zero effect: 9
    Last edited by Oslo; 14th May 2012 at 10:32 PM.

Master Trainer

TEAM ROSSYMORE
    versus
    TEAM DARKESTLIGHT

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 5 ‡

After that grab bag of a round, it's time to see what kind of randomness Metronome will crap out next. Greebly wiggles his fingers a few times and then suddenly feels like doing a few laps of the arena... despite the fact that his energy levels have almost bottomed out. Your funeral. As Greebly increases his Agility, Sammy looks ahead to the Future and envisions a devastating attack... which is to say Greebly will fortunately not be immune to it.

Samayouru: <-8 EP>
    Greebly: <-2 EP; -2 HP fatigue; +2 Spd>

Now panting rather heavily, Greebly performs another Metronome. Once again, an Ice Shard appears in his hand. Jeepers, there are 559 moves and we're getting repeats already? Nonetheless, Greebly isn't gonna argue and once again stabs the bajeebuz out of Samayouru. Sammy, on the other hand, starts smacking Greebly in the face, proving that GameFreak has no idea what a SmellingSalt actually is. They're generally less violent?

Samayouru: <-4 HP; -4 EP>
    Greebly: <-7 HP; -2 HP fatigue>

As Samayouru is immoblized by Paralysis, Greebly scurries forward and shows his affection for her by... Licking her on the leg. Ladies and gents, we have our first super effective hit of the match. It's incredibly weak. And incredibly weird.

Samayouru: <-2 HP; Can't move!>
    Greebly: <-1 HP fatigue>

Greebly takes damage from Poison <-3 HP> and the Leech Seed <-3 HP>. Samayouru's health rises <+3 HP>.

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> Sammy's +1 Def entirely negated Lick's (miniscule) super effective bonus
    > Samayouru: Future Sight, SmellingSalt
    > Greebly: Agility, Ice Shard, Lick
    > Number of super effective moves: 1
    > Number of times a move has been repeated: 1

Master Trainer

TEAM ROSSYMORE
    versus
    TEAM DARKESTLIGHT

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 6 ‡

Tch tch tch. Greebly performs the bajillionth Metronome of the battle which causes his body to sizzle again electrical goodness. He shoots off a behemoth-sized discharge at Sammy, who's electrocuted thoroughly, as can be expected. Sammy, meanwhile, starts Honing her Claws against the ground... not that she has claws to hone, but that inconvenient little detail apparently isn't enough to stop her. She somehow does it anyway.

Samayouru: <-12 HP; -4 EP; +1 Att; +1 Acc>
    Greebly: <-6 HP fatigue>

Sammy's body is rendered immobile thanks to that belligerent asshole named Paralysis. Greebly, taking advantage of his foe's abject state, Metronomes and then claps his hands together. Suddenly, a blinding Flash illuminates the battlefield. Sammy scrunches up her eye and shouts a few curse words I don't care to repeat here. Well, that was unpleasant, but not nearly as unpleasant as what Greebly gets to face next: Future Sight! It activates as Greebly is overwhelmed with a rush of psionic energy that tosses him clear off his feet. Ow. The future is here, and it sucks.

Samayouru: <Can't move!; -1 Acc>
    Greebly: <-3 HP fatigue>

The next Metronome proves to be Greebly's last. He wiggles his fingers in the air and, with a sudden burst of energy, he Selfdestructs. Boom! Shock wave after shock wave rush out at Samayouru.

Sammy giggles. That tickled.

Cue PSA about Poke-suicide prevention.

Samayouru: <...>
    Greebly: <-34 HP>

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> Samayouru: Hone Claws
    > Greebly: Thunder, Flash, Selfdestruct
    > Number of POKE-SUICIDES: 1!
    > Number of attacks that have had zero effect: 10
    > TEAM DARKESTLIGHT to release next

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

lol yay for self destruct!

Veteran Trainer

Holy hell man. Stall was useless XD.

Uhhh fine! We'll go this route! Atripe M Dusknoir!

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

TEAM ROSSYMORE
    versus
    TEAM DARKESTLIGHT

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 7 ‡

After Greebly's untimely demise, Darkly sends... a bigger, scarer version of Sammy to the field. Dusknoir wiggles his fingers around blithely (an action that looks really odd for a big demonic genie Ghost) and then rams forward for a Tackling attack! It does no damage. Deja-vu? After getting hit (or not really) by one of the most common attacks in the game, Samayouru wiggles her fingers and Metronomes one of the rarest. She fires a brilliant blast of energy at Atripe... which also does nothing. Gotta love these tickle fights.

Samayouru: <-3 EP; -1 HP fatigue>
    Atripe: <-9 EP>

Atripe's next Metronome causes the Ground to shimmy and shake about. Sammy's footing is destabilized and she's tossed hard to the ground. Curse you, Magnitude! (Pop pop?) Sammy's next Metronome, against all odds, summons another Legendary attack: Aeroblast! The powerful burst of energy catches Atripe in the gut and does significant damage. It feels like getting kicked in the nuts by the sky.

Samayouru: <-6 HP; -5 HP fatigue>
    Atripe: <-10 HP; -7 EP>

Atripe again wiggles his fingers and then... begins to Recover his health, making it so that the Aeroblast may as well have never happened. Does he realize we're on a schedule here? Sammy's next Metronome causes... another Whirlwind? What is this, a clip show? Just like the last Whirlwind, this one doesn't manage to accomplish a whole lot. Then again, at least she's not Recovering health, so I've got no complaints.

And hey! Sammy went the whole round with getting locked up by Paralysis! Yeah, so. That's something.

Samayouru: <-3 HP fatigue>
    Atripe: <+10 HP; -15 EP>

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> What's Atripe's ability, DL?
    > Samayouru: Techno Blast, Aeroblast, Whirlwind
    > Atripe: Tackle, Magnitude, Recover
    > Number of attacks that have had zero effect: 13
    > Number of times a move has been repeated: 2
    > Number of times a Legendary move has been used: 3
    > Number of non-damaging healing moves (*shakes fist*): 2
    Last edited by Oslo; 20th May 2012 at 12:40 PM.

Elite Trainer

umm, i think the move is called techno blast, not techno booster. It doesn't really matter, I just wanted to make that clear :3

Master Trainer

Lol, fixed... I read the attack name off Bulbapedia, double-checked its effects in the Movelist which calls it Techno Buster (ie. its Japanese name) and then somehow wound up paraphrasing that poorly. And that's that!

Elite Trainer

that would be funny if someone used judgement next.

Elite Trainer

Fyi, Dusknoir can only have the ability Pressure. And when Sama gets knocked out, I won't be using a ghost type.
    I should probably change the title. Meh...sleepy...do it later...

Master Trainer

Fixed!

Yar, I didn't realize exactly how many Normal-type moves there are before I started reffing. This is bonkers!

Veteran Trainer

Yeah, the normal component is why we both started with Ghosts XD

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer

wait does judgement change type based on plate or the type of the user?