Thread: Never Battled Online Before...

Default Never Battled Online Before...

And I've got some questions... these may sound stupid, but please bear with me here:

1) I read through the sticky thread and through some posts on this board, and it seems like there's more than one place to battle (two different programs, and it sounds like multiple... I dunno, offshoots of each program??). Which would be the best place to start out? (i.e.: Is there a beginner room or something?)

2) What are some strategies that you've seen or used that worked quite well?

3) Could someone tell me if my team will get creamed or not? I'm new to online battling, but not to Pokemon itself.

http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/sh...threadid=16722

That's the thread in the GSC forum for my team, just a simple "It'll be whooped big-time" or a "looks like it'll manage" will suffice.

Thanks everyone!

Banned

GSBot is more "vettish", shall I say, compared to Netbattle.

Netbattle is quite bigger, has a few bugs, but has different servers. of them, masamune.zapto.org is where most of the spanish, ubers, or newbs hang out, while ppl who like to have fun and battle "tougher" (not always) ppl hang at mlugia.hopto.org

but, no, there isn't really a difference

good strategies: don't use Ubers, that gets you scorned at. Always keep at least 1 pseudohazer, and you might just want a heal beller and a tank to absorb stuff.

Banned

1)GSbot and netbattle. GSbot is used through IRC and is text-based. I guess if thats not good enough, then netbattle is fine. It's also faster. It is more "vettish", but that doesn't mean netbattle isn't a good place to start either(there is plenty of good people there too). I personally use GSBot, and even though netbattle has some strong points, I like its speed/simplicity.

2)Depends what type of battling your doing. If your in standard play, bellresting is your best bet. Have a healbeller, two pseudohazers, 1-2 special attackers, and the rest physical sweepers.

3)Your team has absolutely no chance of winning against a skilled-player. If your going for more of a underused theme, then its OK, but otherwise you need to re-work your team.

Banned

1) If you're on 56k, use GSBot (its only text)...but I never tried NetBattle with 56k, heard NetBattle servers were slow though. GSBot also has less bugs. But NetBattle has graphics so if you really suck at visualing (which I am), then go with NetBattle. You might as well try both and see which one you're most comfortable with...I can't list all the pro's and con's since I never really played these two that much >.<.

2) Read through the Ru/Sa forums. There should be strategies there.

3) You learn from your mistakes...try different teams and see which one works best for you.