Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Testing Room: Legendary Hologram Battle! Rossymore VS Edretah (Ref: DL SHARK ATTACK)

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Testing Room: Legendary Hologram Battle! Rossymore VS Edretah (Ref: DL SHARK ATTACK)

So I got another idea.

Arena: Testing Room
    A fairly large padded room in the size of a square with one side dominated by a one way mirror allowing experiments to be viewed safely and dutifully. Half of the floor is red, the other half is blue, allowing for simulated effects to occur. In this instance, it brings up holographic representations of legendaries.

The experiment for today is testing out legendary Pokemon prowess and what better way then with a battle. The referee will pick ANY legendary to be materialized for both challengers, it can be the same legendary, it might not. At the end of the round, another legendary will take its place but any statuses or stat changes remain (though fire legendaries will be freed from burn, poison legendaries(?) can't be poisoned, etc.) but the effect will be the same as Baton Pass, thinking about it.

So who's up for a 3 VS 3, DQ of nothin' and with the rule that if your legendary has a signature move, it must use it during the second action, for scientific purposes of course. Also, Rotom and Phione can be selected, because when the hell is Phione ever going to be used in battle. Also, abilities are on and randomized and if you get a legendary twice, it will be shiny the second time, then normal the third. The forme (if applicable) is also random.

FOR SCIENCE!
    Last edited by Rossymore; 17th January 2013 at 06:51 PM.

Underdog Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default Re: Legendary Holographic Battle! Rossymore VS ??? (Ref: ???)

Pretty complex.
    For science. I'm in.

Elite Trainer

ACCEPTED!

As opponent or ref? Or maybe both! Woo, plot twist.

Underdog Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

No, just opponent. No time to ref.

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: Legendary Holographic Battle! Rossymore VS Gigya Impact (Ref: ???)

Can't believe I'm doing this, but i'll ref! Couple of questions, though. Do the legendaries have to be randomized? Or do I really just PICK one for each of you?

And when you say "end of the round," do you mean when one pokemon faints? or do you mean the kind of round that has 3 moves used each and all that jazz?

Elite Trainer

Default Re: Legendary Holographic Battle! Rossymore VS Gigya Impact (Ref: ???)

Yep, whatever legendary, but as I said, abilities and forme is randomized. We want to cover all variables.
    And, for me, end of round is after the moves have finished and any effects (statuses, etc.) have occurred. Then the legendaries change to whatever and THEN you apply any other effects, such as if I had a Shaymin that was burned, it would receive burn damage, then it would become a Heatran and be 'cured' of the burn, but it would have still received damage as the health and energy remain the same.

Hopefully you got all that, so randomize a legendary!

And I'll attack first.

Elite Trainer

Default Re: Legendary Holographic Battle! Rossymore VS Gigya Impact (Ref: BTPoke)

Project Database

Input Program name:
    Project Legend

Program "Project Legend" Selected. Hologram Devices responding.

Please wait...

Hologram Devices ready for use.
    Please Input testing Scenario:
    Creation

Scenario "Creation" Selected.
    Project Description: Create a scenario where the deities of Time and Space can battle without ripping a hole in time and space in the process.

Awaiting Trainers...

The arena is, of course, a big white box with a red and blue half-and-half floor. On one side of the arena, there is a wall that, from the side that the battle is being waged, appears to be just another part of the wall. In reality, it's just a wall made of one-way glass. Those on the viewing side (where the Ref (Me) and the scientists reside) have full reign to view and input information at their own leisure.

Now, for the trainers. On the blue side, we see a trainer that is easily recognizable by his wickedly awesome hairdo and completely insane (and sane at the same time) look in his eye: Rossymore!

On the red side of the field, we have a newcomer that not many people seem to know about and that i can't give any descriptions about: Gigya!

Trainers Detected. Activating Hologram Devices.

The hologram devices that line the walls lighten up, conjuring up two legendary Pokemon that slowly become nice and sharp images.
    On the Blue side, we have:

Dialga, Deity of Time
    Randomly-Generated Ability: Telepathy

On the Red side, we have:

Palkia, Deity of Space
    Randomly-Generated Ability: Pressure

Awaiting Input from trainers...

(just to be clear: Rossy has Dialga, Gigya has Palkia)
    Last edited by BTPoke; 22nd July 2012 at 04:01 PM.

Elite Trainer

Default Re: Legendary Holographic Battle! Rossymore VS Gigya Impact (Ref: BTPoke)

Yes sah! FOR SCIENCE!

Elite Trainer

alright, the scenario's ready to go. Look up, and begin the battle!

Elite Trainer

Alrighty then, Telepathy now I won't hurt my allies in bat- oh.

Regardless, use Dragon Pulse, then Roar of Time, then... oh of course my sig move needs me to recharge. Aah.

Also, I should note that the changing of holograms at the end of each round does NOT count as switching, tempting me out of using Stealth Rock.

Underdog Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Aura Sphere, Spacial Rend, Earth Power.
    Mine doesn't.

Elite Trainer

Yeah, but mine's a lot more powerful... but in reality I'm hitting you with two 70 base power moves. Which ain't that bad and yours can crit... *applies face to desk*

Palkia for the win.
    -Grey

Elite Trainer

yeah, now watch me completely muck up this reffing xD

Elite Trainer

Battle Simulation:
    Rossymore vs. Gigya

A fairly large padded room in the size of a square with one side dominated by a one way mirror allowing experiments to be viewed safely and dutifully.
    Half of the floor is red, the other half is blue, allowing for simulated effects to occur.
    In this instance, it brings up holographic representations of legendaries.

Loading Data from Legendary Pokemon Database. Please wait...

Data Retrieval Complete

Team Rossymore

Dialga
    Telepathy
    100/100 HP
    100/100 EP
    Dragon pulse ~ Roar of Time ~ Recharge
    Team Gigya

Palkia
    Pressure
    100/100 HP
    100/100 EP
    Aura Sphere ~ Spacial Rend ~ Earth Power

Starting out the simulation, our two legendary combatants start out with a roar that only sounds slightly fake.

Now for the real battling. Dialga starts out by sending a beam of green Draconian energy at Palkia, while the latter sends a ball of regular energy at Dialga. Both attacks pretty much go around each other, but both also hit their marks, sending out shockwaves that almost seem real!
    [Dialga: -9 health; -12 energy ¦ Palkia: -10 health; -7 energy]

Now is the time for both combatants to bring out their Signature moves: Roar of time, the move said to cut through time itself; and Spacial Rend, the move said to cut through Space itself.
    Unfortunately, due to the nature of holographic simulations, we won't ever see the full potential of these moves.
    The holograms both charge up their moves, their respective gems that adorn them beginning to glow with draconic energy.

Palkia is the first to send out his move. His arm begins to glow, and he makes a gesture of slicing through space, sending a blade towards Dialga.
    Dialga Simply Roars, and a light begins to form inside his throat. As the Spacial Rend strikes Dialga for... moderate damage, Dialga Sends out a blast of Temporal energy at Palkia, which manages to nearly engulf Palkia. A generic sound is heard that is probably what's supposed to be Palkia crying out in pain.

As both entities appear once more once the light dims down, they're both given the appearance of taking damage (in order to make this simulation seem "real"). It does appear that Palkia managed to get a cheap shot with that Spacial rend; He managed to strike Dialga's gem, as can be seen by the cracks that have appeared within it. *critical hit* can be seen in holographic letters. The scientists in the viewing room write some things down on their notepads.
    [Dialga: -12 health; -18 energy *Recharge Next turn* ¦ Palkia: -16 health; -10 energy]

That Roar of time cost Dialga some energy, and he now has to recharge while Palkia sends cracks through the holographic ground to strike Dialga from below with the powers of the theoretical earth.
    [Dialga: -12 health; *Recharged* ¦ Palkia: -10 energy]

With the round over, the computers begin working once more, and the holograms of Dialga and Palkia disappear.

Simulation over.
    Please Input New Testing Scenario
    Eon

Scenario "Eon" Selected
    Project Description: Create a Scenario of a battle between the two Eon Pokemon.

Activating Hologram Devices.

The hologram devices that line the walls lighten up, conjuring up two legendary Pokemon that slowly become nice and sharp images.
    On the Blue side, we have:

Latios, the Blue Eon Pokemon
    Randomly-Generated ability: levitate

On the Red Side, we have:

Latias, the Red Eon Pokemon
    Randomly-Generated ability: Levitate

As a part of the battle-conditions, both pokemon appear to have the same health as what the previous legendaries had.

¦ Post Round ¦

Team Rossymore

Latios
    Levitate
    67/100 HP
    70/100 EP

Team Gigya

Latias
    Levitate
    74/100 HP
    73/100 EP

Gigya to make the next move

Ref Notes: None, except I apparently have a thing for matching colors xD

Elite Trainer

One thing I will ask is to not randomize the legendaries as pairs, instead just make them ANY and all. Other than that, nice job.

Elite Trainer

I know, I must admit I picked those pairs, because I just wanted to get those first two out of my system, as they're the only matchups I really wanted to see xD (not really planning on doing Kyogre and groudon, even though they match the colors of the sides quite nicely )
    I did randomize who got what pokemon out of each pair. The ones from now on will be 100% purely randomized.
    Last edited by BTPoke; 22nd July 2012 at 07:32 PM.

Underdog Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

I am now literally red.
    Ice Beam, Mist Ball, Recover.

Elite Trainer

Heal Block, Luster Purge and your own Recover.

Elite Trainer

Battle Simulation:
    Rossymore vs. Gigya
    A fairly large padded room in the size of a square with one side dominated by a one way mirror allowing experiments to be viewed safely and dutifully.
    Half of the floor is red, the other half is blue, allowing for simulated effects to occur.

Data Retrieval Complete

Team Rossymore

Latios
    Levitate
    67/100 HP
    70/100 EP

Team Gigya

Latias
    Levitate
    74/100 HP
    73/100 EP
    Ice Beam ~ Mist ball ~ Recover

The two Eon Pokemon continue the exchange of attacks that the previous legendaries began. Latias sends out a ray of white/blue light at Latios, just barely failing to freeze him. Latios, on the other hand, throws a pink block at Latias. Once it hits, a shield surrounds her. It seems Latias won't be able to heal for a while.
    [Latios: -10 health; -5 energy ¦ Latias: -8 energy; Heal Blocked (5 turns)]

Now it's signature time! Latios and Latios Both begin to charge up energy, then instantly they release their attacks. Latios sends out an intensely bright beam of energy towards Latias, while latias Throws a ball that seemed to have been crafted with mist. Both attacks hit their marks. The two pokemon don't seem to be hurt much by the attacks, and they both seem to be equal in power, but they both manage to be hit with the side-effects, as well.
    [Latios: -6 health; -4 energy; -1 Sp. Atk ¦ Latias: -6 health; -4 energy; -1 Sp. Def; H. Blocked 4 turns]

It seems that now is a nice time for healing, so that's what the Eon Pokemon attempt to do.

However, it seems latios' heal block is preventing Latias from healing, so only Latios gets the time to heal.
    [Latios: +30 health; -20 energy ¦ Latias: H. Blocked 3 turns]

With the round over, the computers begin working once more, and the holograms disappear

Simulation Over.
    Please Input New Testing Scenario.
    Testing Mode: Randomize

Testing mode "Randomize" selected. Randomly Generating Legendary Matchup.

Please wait...

Pokemon Selected. Activating Hologram Devices.

The hologram devices light up once more, and Two pokemon take to the theoretical stage.

On the blue side, we have

Registeel, the Iron Golem
    Randomly-Generated Ability: Clear Body (assuming it doesn't get rid of stat changes it already has?)

On the red side, we have

Uxie, the Lake Guardian of Knowledge
    Randomly-Generated Ability: Levitate

As before, the two legendaries have the same injuries and conditions that the previous ones had.

¦ Post Round ¦

Team Rossymore

Registeel
    Clear Body
    87/100 HP
    41/100 EP
    -1 Sp. Atk

Team Gigya

Uxie
    Levitate
    54/100 HP
    62/100 EP
    -1 Sp. Def
    Heal Blocked (3 turns)

Rossy to command next.

Ref notes:N/A
    Last edited by BTPoke; 25th July 2012 at 02:49 PM.

Elite Trainer

Yeah, abilities will only work in the round they're in.

Okay, so Rain Dance, then Thunder x2. If the weather's changed at all, switch it to Thunderbolt.

Underdog Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Wait for rain, then Sunny Day. Then, Fire Punch x2.

Elite Trainer

Battle Simulation:
    Rossymore vs. Gigya

Data Retrieval Complete

Team Rossymore

Registeel
    Clear Body
    87/100 HP
    41/100 EP
    -1 Sp. Atk

Team Gigya

Uxie
    Levitate
    54/100 HP
    62/100 EP
    -1 Sp. Def
    Heal Blocked (3 turns)

Round 3

Starting up the new randomization mode, our next matchup is between the Legendary Golem of Steel known as Registeel vs. The Lake Acuity Guardian known as Uxie.
    As we start up the round, Registeel randomly starts to dance! Wow, he can really move, no matter how slow he's going. The dance spawns some holographic rain clouds above him, and the field starts up some sprinklers to simulate rain. This is short-lived, however, as Uxie shoots a fiery orb into the air, which quickly dispatches the "Storm clouds," and some heaters open up from the ceiling to simulate intense sunlight.
    [Registeel: -5 energy ¦ Uxie: -5 energy]
    [Field Effects: Sunny Day (5 turns)]

Since neither pokemon has any signature move (at least not that I know of. *goes to check* Nope.), they have the liberty to use any move in their arsenal this turn.
    Uxie dashes across the field, fiery fist "in hand" so to speak, and proceeds to punch registeel in the gut, to fast to be dodged.
    Registeel is fast enough, however, to get a quick thunderbolt off before uxie flies away.
    [Registeel: -11 health; -7 energy ¦ Uxie: -9 health; -9 energy]
    [Field Effects: Sunny Day (4 turns)]

3rd verse, same as the second. Uxie starts moving towards Registeel, but this time he's prepared, and sends a bolt of electricity at her. This throws her aim off a bit, and she only manages to punch Registeel in the arm. Believe it or not, though, this actually causes some severe damage. Looks like a 2nd-degree burn, actually. Uxie's heal block is also lifted, as if that ever really matters.
    [Registeel: -10 health; -8 energy; Burned; -2 Atk. ¦ Uxie: -9 health; -8 energy; heal block]
    [Field Effects: Sunny Day (3 turns)]

Before the holograms fade away, you can see Registeel wincing from its burn.
    [-3 health]

With the round over, the computers begin working once more, and the holograms disappear

Simulation Over. Randomly Generating Next Legendary Matchup.

Please wait...

The hologram devices light up once more, and Two pokemon take to the theoretical stage.

On the Blue side, we have

Zapdos, the bird of Lightning!

On the red side, we have... wow...

Raikou, the BEAST of lightning!

This is a welcome surprise! Bird vs Beast! Let's see who's higher up the food chain!

¦ Post-Round ¦

Team Rossymore

Zapdos
    Pressure
    63/100 HP
    21/100 EP
    -1 Sp. Atk
    -2 Atk.

Burned (-3 HP per turn)

Team Gigya

Raikou
    Pressure
    36/100 HP
    40/100 EP
    -1 Sp. Def

Field Effect: Sunny Day 3 Turns
    +3 damage for Fire type Moves
    +20% Chance to Burn
    -3 Damage for Water & Ice type Moves
    Inability to be Frozen

Gigya to command next!

Elite Trainer

Default Re: Testing Room: Legendary Holographic Battle! Rossymore VS Gigya Impact (Ref: BTPok

Bump for Gigya!

Underdog Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default Re: Testing Room: Legendary Holographic Battle! Rossymore VS Gigya Impact (Ref: BTPok

Woop. Sorry.
    Reflect, Extrasensory, Discharge.

Underdog Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Sorry for double post, but just realized this is very similar to a recent Mock Battle (entei vs moltres)

Elite Trainer

Oh wow, you're right. Awesome coincidence xD

Elite Trainer

Go for a Light Screen, then Ancientpower x2.

Elite Trainer

Battle Simulation:
    Rossymore vs. Gigya

Data Retrieval Complete

Team Rossymore

Zapdos
    Pressure
    63/100 HP
    21/100 EP
    -1 Sp. Atk
    -2 Atk.

Burned (-3 HP per turn)
    Light Screen ~ AncientPower ~ AncientPower

Team Gigya

Raikou
    Pressure
    36/100 HP
    40/100 EP
    -1 Sp. Def
    Reflect ~ Extrasensory ~ Discharge

Field Effect: Sunny Day 3 Turns
    +3 damage for Fire type Moves
    +20% Chance to Burn
    -3 Damage for Water & Ice type Moves
    Inability to be Frozen

Round 4

The legendary beasts growl and Caw in anticipation for the next matchup before.... Setting up protective barriers. Yay.
    [Zapdos: -5 energy; Reflect (5 turns); -3 health (Burn) ¦ Raikou: -5 energy; Light Screen]
    [Field Effects: Sunny day (2 turns)]

Zapdos' eyes begin to glow, and a bunch of holographic rocks appear out of nowhere. These rocks are thrown telekinetically at Raikou, who responds by opening his mouth and firing a Rainbow-colored beam of light at Zapdos. The rocks sail over the beam and both pokemon are hit by the respective attacks. However, the protective barriers make sure not that much damage is done.
    [Zapdos: -4 health; -4 energy ; Light Screen (4 turns); -3 health (BURN) ¦ Raikou: -3 health; -5 energy; Reflect (4 turns)]
    [Field Effects: Sunny Day (1 turns)]

3rd verse, almost-the-same as the first. Raikou glows with a white-hot kind of energy. Zapdos' eyes glow once more, and more rocks spawn out of nowhere.
    Both legendaries send their attacks. Raikou sends out electric bolts towards Zapdos, who at the same time throws her rocks at Raikou. What's different from last time, though, is that the Lightning is absorbed by the rocks that have been sent towards Raikou, and raikou is once again hit by the rocks (although, again, not very much damage due to light screen).
    Although the bright sun does go away (awwww), so there's that.
    [Zapdos: -4 energy; Light Screen (3 turns); -3 health (BURN) ¦Raikou: -3 health; -6 energy; Reflect (3 turns)]
    [Field Effects: Sunny day

Simulation Over. Randomly Generating Next Legendary Matchup.

Please wait...

Tornadus, the Cyclone Pokemon!
    Randomly Generated forme: Incarnate
    Randomly Generated ability: Prankster

On the red side, we have

Virizion, the Grassland Pokemon!
    Randomly Generated ability: Justified

¦ Post-Round ¦

Team Rossymore

Incarnate Tornadus
    Prankster
    50/100 HP
    8/100 EP
    -1 Sp. Atk
    -2 Atk.

Burned (-3 HP per turn)
    Light Screen (3 turns)

Team Gigya

Virizion
    Justified
    30/100 HP
    24/100 EP
    -1 Sp. Def
    Reflect (3 turns)

Field Effects: None

Rossy to command Next.

Elite Trainer

Air Slash ~ Hurricane ~ Air Slash

Elite Trainer

Bump for Gigya (back! Back to the first page wit' ya!)

Underdog Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Stone Edge, Sacred Sword, Stone Edge.

Elite Trainer

Although this is only the second page (the third page is where threads burn forever), I'm in a bumping mood.

Elite Trainer

oh. Right. I actually forgot about this... xD

I'll start working on the round tonight, I swear. I have to get in the mood, first.

Elite Trainer

Oh, I know, right?. Don't you just hate it when there's stuff to ref, but you're really not feeling it? Such a bummer, like oh my god.

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

VIRIZION !!!!!

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Elite Trainer

Dear god I almost forgot about it again.

Although I will say I did technically start working on it "tonight".... at exactly 11:59 PM, but IT COUNTS!

also, I seem to be out of sorts for right now, so I've drunkenly decided to try attempting a slightly different way to "calculate" health and energy. I'm hoping this one sticks, and I am sorry if it may or may not affect the outcome of this battle.

Battle Simulation:
    Rossymore vs. Gigya

Data Retrieval Complete

Team Rossymore

Incarnate Tornadus
    Prankster
    50/100 HP
    8/100 EP
    -1 Sp. Atk
    -2 Atk.

Burned (-3 HP per turn)
    Light Screen (3 turns)
    Air Slash ~ Hurricane ~ Air Slash

Team Gigya

Virizion
    Justified
    30/100 HP
    24/100 EP
    -1 Sp. Def
    Reflect (3 turns)
    Stone Edge ~ Sacred Sword ~ Stone Edge

Round 5

Back from beyond the impromptu grave that is my horrible memory, this battle continues with our two legendaries trading off more attacks. Tornadus sends multiple blades of air (blades of air? what? That sounds like an oxymoron) towards Virizion, who decides nothing would be a better choice than to charge in with sharp stones flying around him, throwing away all caution that would arise from having a x4 weakness to the wind itself.
    Both attacks hit their marks, but it seems Tornadus has seemed to have surprisingly taken more damage (although don't ask me how I know that, because I'm no doctor).
    [Tornadus: -18 health; -3 health (BURN); -6 energy ¦ Virizion: -16 health; -10 energy]

Now's for the signature moves! Once again, Virizion simply throws caution to the wind by charging towards Tornadus with a glowing horn popping up on his forehead that looks suspiciously like a sword.
    Tornadus, meanwhile, simply calls up a powerful gust of wind that swirls around him like a whirlpool (seems Tornadus doesn't have any signature moves, considering the only one that would seem to be his signature move can be learned by other pokemon...)
    Virizion isn't scared, though, as he jumps headfirst into the vortex. Literally, he just jumps head-first, and that glowing horn that appeared out of nowhere cuts through the wind like a hot knife through butter. I mean, the wind batters the rest of his body, and it hurts. A LOT.
    However, he completes his primary goal by jumping up to tornadus and slicing him with that glowing horn of his, no matter how little damage that did due to the resistance.
    However, that last action, plus the burn and the unbearable exhaustion, seems to take its toll on Virizion as the grassland warrior falls in defeat.
    [Tornadus: -9 health; -4 health (exhaustion); -2 energy ¦ Virizion: -24 health; KO'ed]

With the round over, the computers begin working once more, and the holograms disappear.

Simulation Over.

Science Collaboration Point Awarded to Rossymore.

Randomly Generating Next Legendary Matchup.

Please wait...

Mesprit, the Lake Guardian of Emotions!
    Ability: Levitate

On the red side, we have

Rayquaza, the overlord of the Ozone!
    Ability: Air Lock

¦ Post-Round ¦

Current Score: 1-0

Team Rossymore

Mesprit
    Levitate
    23/100 HP
    0/100 EP
    -1 Sp. Atk
    -2 Atk.

Burned (-3 HP per turn)
    Light Screen (1 turn)

Team Gigya

Rayquaza
    Air Lock
    100/100 HP
    100/100 EP

Gigya to command Next.
    [/COLOR]
    Ref notes:
    -You know the confusing part of reffing this late at night where both combatants' pokemon keep changing? You sometimes forget who has which pokemon. That's what happened to me, and I almost gave Gigya the point instead of Rossy when I thought that Rossy had Virizion. Yeesh. If you see any other mistakes, let me know please.
    -I ref exhaustion like this: For every 2 energy you use after you hit 0, you take one point of damage.

Elite Trainer

Well, since Gigya's not returning my calls, anyone want to replace him in battle? After all, all we're using are projections of light.

Your juice is like wine Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

I'm willing!
    Signature under construction (Once I have access to more than a mouseless Macbook and a DSi)
    White Version Friend Code: 4041 2948 7053

Elite Trainer

Very well, it's your move... FOR SCIENCE!