Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris 2.1 VS BTPoke (Ref: Razor)

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Chris 2.1 VS BTPoke (Ref: Razor)

Hello!

I thought I'd come back and have a few battles; I got a team approved on New Year's eve so I'm looking for a 2-2 singles match to test them out a bit.

2-2
    One out at a time
    Banned moves: None
    Arena: A plain field on a pleasant day.

I will be starting off by using my Meditite, who has the ability of Pure Power.

Right then! Let's 'av it.
    Last edited by Chris 2.1; 27th March 2012 at 12:08 PM.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Open Challenge (Ref needed)

In b4 DL/Rossy/Oslo

Ref.

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

how many battles am I in? 3, I think. One more wouldn't hurt. I'll accept the challenge

So, I'm assuming I'm calling moves first after I bring out my pokemon.

So, I'm going to bring out Rosalinda!

[Species: Ralts]
    [Gender:F]
    [Nickname:Rosalinda]
    [Ability: Synchronize]

Alright. Rosalinda, I want you to use taunt first. If he tries to protect himself, avoid the attack, or if it's otherwise not possible for the attack to work, I want you to use reflect. Then, I want you to use Flash. If he tries to protect himself, use Double team instead. Finally, I want you to use charm but if he protects himself, or tries to avoid the attack, use reflect instead.

Rosalinda: Taunt/ reflect ~ Flash/ Double Team ~ Charm/ Reflect

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Medi, use a Magic Coat to turn Taunt against your foe. Close your eyes and unleash a swift during the flash attack, and end with a signal beam.

Magic coat -- swift -- signal beam

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Master Trainer

ROUND ONE

Welcome folks to another exciting battle in the TPM ASB League. It's a lovely day, and we're out on the great plains for this battle, where newcomer BTPoke is taking on veteran Chris 2.1. Chris has recently returned to the league, but does he have the skill he once did, or will the new blood send him packing? Chris releases a Meditite whilst BTPoke has chosen a Ralts. It's a psychic showdown so lets quit this chat and start the battle!

Rosalinda immediately starts to bad mouth Meditite, calling her (amongst more colourful things) a coward who's too scared to attack. Meditite just sits back and smiles, having already created a glittering surface that reflects an image of a mean spirited Ralts back at Rosalinda. The helmeted psychic type sees only the taunting reflection and is enraged by its bad attitude.

Meditite HP(-0) PP(-6)
    Rosalinda HP(-0) PP(-6) ~ Taunted (x4A)

Gritting her teeth with anger, Rosalinda can't bring herself to attack her foe and instead starts spitting random words that she's picked up instead. Most of them don't even mean anything, but when a string of golden stars circles around her before pounding; one, two, three, four, five!; into her head she screams in fury once again

Meditite HP(-0) PP(-3)
    Rosalinda HP(-7) PP(-1)

Meditite closes her eyes for a moment. The sight of an angry Ralts frothing at the mouth isn't something you want to spend long looking at. Between her palms she creates a ball of energy enriched with light and sound. It cascades out in the form of a beam and washes over Rosalinda, blinding her with colourful lights and shocking her with strange noises. Rosy blinks and yelps form the attack, but still can't wrap her head around attacking her foe.

Meditite HP(-0) PP(-4)
    Rosalinda HP(-9) PP(-1)

- If I have x#A written, it means for however many actions. So Taunt will initially last for 4 actions, and in the final stats has 1 action remaining.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Nice work Medi. Hit Ralts with a signal beam, then use shadow ball and end with a signal beam. If protect or detect is used, then swap for feint. Magic coat any status/inflictable effects.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Elite Trainer

That... was not a good way to start out a match. I do have sort of a semi-plan, though

start out by using mud slap to lower its accuracy! next, once your taunt wears off, use double team to make this battle THAT much more annoying for him. Then, use mud slap again.

Mud slap ~ Double Team ~ mud slap

Master Trainer

ROUND TWO

Meditite shines another beam of light and sound into Rosalinda's face, but this time she doesn't just take the attack, she retaliates with all her fury. Digging her hand into the field, she pulls out a lump of dirt and throws it at the young fighter. Yuck, mud in the eye, Meditite wipes it away but some of it is stuck in his line of sight. Letting the attack go, Rosalinda feels much more relieved now.

Meditite HP(-3) PP(-4) ~ Acc(-1)
    Rosalinda HP(-9) PP(-1) ~ Taunt faded

Finally able to do more than just attack, Rosalinda seems to have regained her ability to think quicker too, and quickly glimmers white before creating two identical, free thinking Ralts that stand beside her. They nod at each other than move around, leaving Meditite stuck as to which is the real one. Closing her eyes to focus, she still has that little bit of dirt making her eyesight that touch worse. A ball of shadow and darkness rushes through one of the fakes, destroying it, but missing the true target entirely.

Meditite HP(-0) PP(-4)
    Rosalinda HP(-0) PP(-5) ~ 1 Clone

Again, Rosy dips her hand into the dirt, digging for a clump of mud. She throws it at her foe just as Meditite brings his attack to bare on her. The mud hits the fighting type square in the face again, but she's still able to release her attack, which skews off target but still manages to hit Rosalinda before flying off target entirely. Rosalinda squeals, but manages to maintain concentration on her clone, keeping it in one piece.

Meditite HP(-3) PP(-4)
    Rosalinda HP(-5) PP(-1) ~ Acc(-1)

Last edited by RaZoR LeAf; 27th March 2012 at 05:31 PM.

Elite Trainer

Default Re: Chris 2.1 VS BTPoke (Ref: Razor)

note to ref: in the bottom of the round, you put rosalinda as x1A taunted, and she's not taunted any more.

first, I want you to use mud slap. If they use protect, then use calm mind. then, use trick room. then, use will-o-wisp

if they try to use a status/ inflictable effect on you, use magic coat

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Use a protect to prompt it's calm mind. Next use psych up to add some stat boosts to your repertoire and end with signal beam.

Protect -- Psych Up -- Signal Beam.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Master Trainer

It looks like it's going to be one of those days. Some kind of official has just marched on to the field and has declared that the match is in a high risk no battle zone, and that all fighting should immediately cease, or both trainers face arrest. BTPoke runs over the Chris to ask him why he didn't check on the field information before inviting him in. He's too young for a criminal record. Chris is not amused by BTPoke's accusations, and shoves him backwards whilst he tries to argue with the official.

ROUND X

BTPoke doesn't like being shoved, and dives at Chris, who is trying to give the suited official a second Pay Day, offering him some cash in exchange for him turning a blind eye. BTPoke collides, and they both hit the ground. Chris tries to roll away, but BTPoke is holding on tight and Flailing like mad. Meditite and Rosalinda look on in dismay, before turning their backs and starting to discuss the finer points of Yoga and Yoghurt.

Chris Ł50 worse off (+2)
    BTPoke Youth offender (+2)

Chris manages to break free and stands back up. BTPoke manages to get back on his feet too, and looks a little sheepish. He walks over to apologise and tries to shake hands with Chris. Chris sighs and does so, but as he reaches out, BTPoke pulls his hand back and makes a mean Leery face, poking his tongue out too. Really? What are we, five again? Chris Growls at his opponent, whilst the business man takes an important call on his phone.

Chris Dog impressionist (+5)
    BTPoke Playground tactics (+5)

Chris is fed up of this now, but BTPoke is still willing to fight. The official gets off the phone and comes over to apologise. It's not this field, but the next one over. He quickly makes himself absent, taking Chris' money with him. BTPoke stops fighting and quickly starts to babble his own apology, but it just comes out as a Hyper Voice, too fast to understand and too apologetic to matter. Chris Yawns and waves it off as nothing. He shouts over to Meditite who nods back to him. Is it time to fight again now?

Chris Forgive but not forget (+10)
    BTPoke Future in political backtracking (+10)

Real round later or tomorrow

Elite Trainer

well, that was entertaining. lol

Elite Trainer

sorry to double post, but *bump*

Master Trainer

ROUND THREE

Rosalinda scoops a lump of mud out of the ground again, but when she looks to her opponent, the wily Meditite has raised a shield in prediction of the attack. Smirking, she drops the mud and instead calms her mind with a series of Zen prayers and thoughts. Meditite drops the shield seeing that his foe is no longer attacking, and smiles to himself

Meditite HP(-0) PP(-8)
    Rosalinda HP(-0) PP(-8) ~ Sp.A(+1) Sp.D(+1)

Meditite resettles herself and begins to establish a psychic link with her opponent. Whilst she begins to mimic any changes in the psyche, Rosalinda uses her innate powers to warp the fabric of reality. Something shifts within the small area of battle, and suddenly the tables turn in her favour. Her movements are faster and smoother, whilst her opponent is left slouching behind. Meditite doesn't seem too fazed though, as she has perfectly copied the raised stats of her opponent, adding them to her own.

Meditite HP(-0) PP(-8) ~ Sp.A(+1) Sp.D(+1)
    Rosalinda HP(-0) PP(-6)
    Trick Room Activated

Rosalinda is already gearing up for her next attack, and weaves a ring of fire out of thin air. She throws it like a lasso, ensnaring her opponent, and leaving Meditite with a harsh burn on her chest. The diminutive fighter scowls, focusing a beam of flashing light and sound that shocks Rosalina when it just scrapes past her head.

Meditite HP(-0) PP(-4) ~ Burnt~ Atk(-1)
    Rosalinda HP(-5) PP(-5)

Trick Room
    Duration - 5 actions
    User goes first

Burn
    -1% HP per action
    -1 Attack Loss
    Stackable

Elite Trainer

chris, it's your turn, just to remind you

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Sorry, I thought you went first because of Trick Room ("User goes first")

Meditite, use role play to take Ralts' synchronise and pass on your burn. Next use facade and end with shadow ball. If it protects, just relax.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Elite Trainer

hehe, good thing synchronize only takes effect the instant that the user is first inflicted.

Ralts, wait until meditite uses role play, then hit 'em with an encore so that they use role play again. then wait until meditite uses role play the second time, and use Toxic. then, use Psychic.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I understand how it works in-game, but realistically I figured Meditite is being burned/burnt constantly throughout the game, it wouldn't be too difficult to imagine her being able to synch the condition to her foe once she has synchronise. It's like psych up for statuses.

Although kudos for the encore tactic, this round could really bite me in the ass.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Elite Trainer

Eh, if Role play does end up working like that for this match, I guess it wont affect Rosa's stat's that badly.

Hmm, I should look in the movelist more often.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'm keeping them crossed. I couldn't find the abilities movelist.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Master Trainer

ROUND FOUR

Meditite watches her opponent carefully, taking in her every movement, no matter how minor or subtle. When he's sure he's got her pegged, the psychic type forms a mental bond with her foe's attributes, effectively replacing her own with them. her strength flags as her Pure Power is replaced by an ability to synchronise. her head/hair/thing turns green, whilst her little quiff takes on a bright red hue. Rosalinda is impressed by the display, they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. She claps for her opponent, encouraging a repeat performance from the already tiring Meditite.

Meditite HP(-0) PP(-9) ~ HP(-1) ~ Atk(-1) ~ Ability "Synchronise"
    Rosalinda HP(-0) PP(-6)

Rosalinda quickly moves to spit a glob of clear poison at her foe. The liquid stings as it soaks into Meditite's body, irritating her burn at the same time. Rosalinda squirms as she suddenly feels the same pain, realising quickly that her foe has copied her ability and synced the affliction with her. Led by the round of applause, Meditite again starts to copy her foe once more. The mannerisms all seem familiar though, and she can't quite work out why nothing has changed. Defeated, she slumps, taking long deep breaths as the second roleplaying session fails.

Meditite HP(-0) PP(-9) ~ HP(-1) ~ Intoxicated
    Rosalinda HP(-0) PP(-6) ~ Intoxicated

Meditite's concentration begins to falter, and her roleplaying comes to a sharp and sudden end. The fighters strength is boosted as her pure power returns, but she is struck by a powerful psychic attack from her opponent. Thankfully her heightened mental awareness manages to fend off much of the damage, giving her a chance to throw a ball of condensed shadows as the Ralts, who is none to pleased to be on the receiving end of the attack.

Meditite HP(-10) PP(-4) ~ HP(-1) HP(-1) ~ Atk(+1) ~ Ability "Pure Power"
    Rosalinda HP(-9) PP(-5) ~ HP(-1)

Trick Room
    Duration - 5 actions
    User goes first

Burn
    -1% HP per action
    -1 Attack Loss
    Stackable

Intoxication
    -1% HP per action | -1% NG per action
    +1 increase per round

Elite Trainer

ooh, that was my mistake. I thought role play switched abilities, not copied them *facepalm*

hmm, does trick room end in the first turn of this round? I think so.
    Rosalinda, use thunder wave. If they use magic coat, anything having to do with her receiving your ability, or protect, refresh the trick room.
    Next, use shadow ball, and if they use protect, use light screen.
    Finally, use mud slap. If they try to protect, use future sight.

If they try to use facade AT ALL, use hypnosis, and then continue the order of moves from there (so if, for instance, facade was used on the second turn, hypnosis would be used, and then shadow ball or light screen would be used next turn. If it was used on the first turn, hypnosis would be used, and then trick room or thunder wave)

dang, that took a while to think up.

Master Trainer

Yes, Trick room will end at the conclusion of the first turn

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Start with a magic coat to prompt a trick room. Then use shadow ball and relax.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Master Trainer

ROUND FIVE

With the Trick Room still in effect for one last action, Rosalinda attacks with boosted speed and priority. With a heap of attacks, substitutions and alterations to remember she struggles to recall just what do for the first turn. Flipping a mental coin, she opts for a burst of electrical energy that jitters through the air towards Meditite. The little fighter is slower to react, but still manages to erect a reflective shield, that bounces the attack back at Rosalinda. Shocked, the Ralts take the attack back and her muscles all lock up at once. Unfortunately for Meditite, Ralt's ability synchronises the status back to him, and she too is overcome by the paralysis. As the two struggle, reality bends back to normal.

Meditite HP(-0) PP(-6) ~ HP(-1) HP(-1) ~ Paralysed
    Rosalinda HP(-0) PP(-5) ~ HP(-1) ~ Paralysed
    Trick Room Faded

Both pokemon are staring angrily at each other. Both start to form balls of shadows and darkness, that swell and pulse in time with their respective owners growls. With her speed returned to her, Meditite is first to let the attack go, but is dismayed when it flies off into the distance. Eek! There's still some dirt in her eye preventing her from attacking accurately. Before she can wipe it away, she is struck in the face by the same attack from her opponenet. The unexpected attack knocks a layer off her mental defences at the same time.

Meditite HP(-8) PP(-4) ~ HP(-1) HP(-1) ~ SDef(-1)
    Rosalinda HP(-0) PP(-4) ~ HP(-1)

Meditite takes a moment to sit back and relax. She focuses her mind and body, and at the same time wipes at her eyes to clear them, getting some of the dirt out. When she clears them a little more, she is struck in the face by another glob of mud, ruining what effort she'd just made to improve her accuracy. That ralts is going to pay!

Meditite HP(-3) PP(+8) ~ HP(-1) HP(-2)
    Rosalinda HP(-0) PP(-1) ~ HP(-2)

Paralysis
    25% of total paralysis | Speed -2
    Stackable

Burn
    -1% HP per action
    -1 Attack Loss
    Stackable

Intoxication
    -1% HP per action | +1 increase per round

You guys are killing my tables with all the status afflictions.
    Last edited by RaZoR LeAf; 30th May 2012 at 11:53 AM.

Elite Trainer

wouldn't the magic coat have prompted the trick room?

Master Trainer

If they'd have been of similar speeds, perhaps. But Ralts had priority due to the Trick Room which means she attacked first. As a result, Meditite performed her move after Ralts had made hers, and that move was Thunder Wave. had they been of a similar speed, Meditite may have started to use Magic Coat in anticipation before Ralts was fast enough to use Thunder Wave, prompting the change of attack. I hope that makes sense.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

It does, thanks Dan. This is what confusing orders can do to Pokemon.

Right Meditite, use facade three times.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Elite Trainer

Thanks, Razor. I should probably learn up on my stuff, shouldn't I? xD

Alright, Rosa, first thing, use hypnosis until it hits. After the hypnosis hits, use Rest (Yes, razor, I'm relieving you of some of rosa's inflictions in exchange for inflicting one on meditite ) and gain some energy.

Lol, meditite's having a bad time with status inflictions. I should freeze him next

Master Trainer

Just noticed a mistake. Toxic damaged should have gone up in the last round. It'll go up the next round, seening as it wasn't introduced until the end of the round before.

Elite Trainer

you could just edit it in. I don't think it matters too much.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Yea I'm happy with it just being edited.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Master Trainer

ROUND SIX

Meditite is fed up of this nonsense now, she lifts herself up and runs at Rosalina, driving her shoulder hard into the Ralts. With the fury of an intense burn, heavy poisoning and shocking paralysis all stacked on her, the blow is immense, and drives the Ralts back hard. Struggling back up, the close proximity of the two gives Rosalinda a chance to lock eyes on her foe. The horizon goes wibbly, her foe goes wobbly and Meditite falls backwards, snoring.

Meditite HP(-0) PP(-4) ~ HP(-1) HP(-2) ~ Sleeping
    Rosalinda HP(-16) PP(-5) ~ HP(-2)

With her foe snoozing away, and no worry of her waking up anytime soon, Rosalinda settles herself down, closes her eyes and.. goes to sleep? Well this is peachy, two pokemon just.. sleeping.

Meditite HP(-0) PP(-0) ~ HP(-1) HP(-2) ~ Sleeping
    Rosalinda HP(-0) PP(-5) ~ Resting

Meditite is still sleeping, since there's nothing going on to really wake her up. Rosalinda is also asleep. The only difference being that her sleep is slowly regaining her some energy. Other than that... slow match.

Meditite HP(-0) PP(-0) ~ HP(-1) HP(-3) ~ Sleeping
    Rosalinda HP(-0) PP(-0) ~ HP(+5) PP(+4)

Paralysis
    Stackable

Burn
    -1% HP per action
    -1 Attack Loss
    Stackable

Intoxication
    +1 increase per round

Sleep
    Duration - Undetermined
    No mobility | Limited attacks

Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    You guys are killing my tables with all the status afflictions.
    Seriously, please stop now.

Elite Trainer

hehe, maybe I should focus on freezing meditite now! >:-D jk.

Alright, Rosalinda, keep sleeping and healing. once you wake up, use ice punch! use dream eater. if it's awake when you are supposed to be using dream eater, use hypnosis again (sorry, razor )

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Oh what larks.

Sleep talk x3!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Master Trainer

Would you guys mind if I tested a new layout on you? I've been working on one that relies on less tables (mainly because of this battle)

Elite Trainer

lol alright, it's all fine with me. anything to help with the status problem. (lol see what I did there?)

Master Trainer

Two sleeping pokemon face each other, threatening to put everyone to sleep at the same time. Rosalinda merely sleeps peacefully, slowly regaining her strength and fortitude, but Meditite has other issues. She seems to be prodding herself whilst sleeping, poking random bits of her body.. wait. She seems to have found the perfect spot, and with a short, sharp jab into that spot, boosts a stat that would otherwise have been ignored. In an instant, her defence deepens and her form bulks up a little.

Rosalinda seems to be unaware of her ability to attack whilst sleeping, and sits oblivious to her foe's ruminations. Meditite's mind seems to working hard, and her arms moving in gentle motions as she summons a power from within. A ring of energy blasts out form around her, carrying with it an element hidden deep within the fighting type's soul. The blast wave strikes against the Ralts, washing over her with a heavy and ancient draconic aura. The Ralts wriggles but is otherwise unfazed.

Still, Rosalinda sleeps, regaining her health and stamina. It seems with her opponent also asleep, there is nothing quite loud or powerful enough to wake her. Meditite is having the same problem, though as she starts to sleep talk again, she is suddenly overcome with muscle spasms and instant paralysis. The jolt is enough to shock her awake, and she quickly becomes aware of the situation and her gently napping foe.

Paralysis
    Stackable

Burn
    -1% HP per action
    -1 Attack Loss
    Stackable

Intoxication
    +1 increase per round

Sleep
    Duration - Undetermined
    No mobility | Limited attacks

Elite Trainer

gotta say, i'm kind of liking this style better than the last one.

I also like that I gained so much health, but yeah.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Dream eater until it wakes up, then use facade.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*