Veteran Trainer

Default GYM NOMINATION TOPIC

Self Explanatory. Go.

Nominees are...

Wolfsong
    BTPoke
    Cynder

This will close on 11/30.

Few Days left. As for Gym availability, there are two definite slots open. A third may open up in a few days...
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 26th November 2012 at 09:11 PM.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Is ASB Back? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: GYM NOMINATION TOPIC

I nominate Bt (I thought we would have a battle, or is this gonna be the entry list)

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I haven't won any Gym Battles yet, though (at least not yet, anyway :3)

EDIT: But apparently, 'cause of the addendum, I retract that previous statement xD
    Last edited by BTPoke; 4th November 2012 at 10:19 AM.

Elite Trainer

Emerald, go into the ASB towers section.

Near the bottom of the page, you'll see a section that says "Display Options"

Where it says "From the," and has a pulldown thing, choose "beginning"

All the towers will appear.

Elite Trainer

ALRIGHT! I have come up with an idea for a gym.

now, before I post this, I don't know whether or not this is too complicated (i.e. too heavily based on a certain cartoon xD) or not. I just hope it's good enough to be a gym.

Also, another question. If I am to be chosen, would I have to post my gym pokemon now? or when (if) I am chosen?

Now, onto the gym arena.

Zap Apple Orchard
    Located next to an ominous and dark forest, the zap apple orchard is densely populated with a number of dark, purple-barked trees with no leaves.
    These trees, however, aren’t ordinary trees. These trees are what are called “Zap Apple” Trees. They only bear fruit once a year, and go through 5 stages to do so. The best part is, these trees are magical! And Highly Electrified! Seriously, don’t touch these things. They’ll cause a wicked shock that even Ground types can feel (about the same as a thunderbolt, including the chance for paralysis).
    These are the various stages (or “signs”) that the zap apple trees must go through to bear fruit. Each sign lasts about 3 rounds, with the first one starting at the beginning.

1st sign: Wolves (beginning of 1st round – end of 3rd round) – During the first stage, various Canine pokemon will appear on the scene and begin to howl. If these wolves are disturbed during their howling, they’ll attack! Otherwise, not much else goes on during this stage. The wolves will leave at the end of the 3rd round.

2nd sign: Zap Apple Leaves (beginning of 4th round - end of 6th round) – During the round that this stage begins, a sudden strong wind begins to blow (about the strength of a gust) that mildly damages both pokemon, and the skies are covered with dark clouds. At the beginning of the 5th round, the zap apple trees will spark, sending out a mild pulse of electricity (the equivalent of spark), and the trees will sprout leaves in the blink of an eye!

3rd sign: Murkrows and Flowers (beginning of 7th round - end of 9th round)– Another sudden gust of wind will begin to blow, just like the previous round, but now a flock of murkrow will fly throughout the skies to herald the coming of this stage. If the Murkrows are disturbed, they’ll rain a flurry of attacks upon both battlers. During the 8th round, the zap apple trees will begin to spark once more, sending out another mild pulse of electricity (just like the previous round). Glowing teal flowers will blossom throughout all the trees, and the murkrow will leave at the end of the 9th round.

4th sign: Meteor Shower (beginning of 10th round - end of 12th round) – No sudden gust of wind this time. However, at the beginning of this stage, a meteor shower begins. Each meteor is about the size of a basketball, and they will hurt if they manage to hit you (chance to hit a pokemon each turn (equivalent of rock throw) = 20%). During the 11th round, the trees will once again begin to spark, sending out yet another pulse of electricity. The glowing teal flowers will burst, and a grey apple will replace each one. These are the zap apples in the unripe stage. Remember, these apples are magical, so don’t even think of trying to pick one of them, yet.

5th sign: Rainbows and Ripening (beginning of 13th round - end) – At the beginning of this stage, a lightning storm will appear, lasting until the end of the second round of this stage. At the beginning of the third round of the stage, the clouds will all disappear with a flash, and a rainbow will appear short after. The trees will give off one last pulse of electricity (this time being the equivalent of “thunderbolt”), and the grey apples will begin to glow. Each of the grey apples will transform into an apple that has the colors of the rainbow. These are the zap apples in their ripe form. Eating one of these apples will cause a random effect on the consumer (could be good, could be bad. Up to the ref’s discretion). Each pokemon can only eat 3 apples, however, before they will become immune to any effects.
    The 5th sign will last until the end of the battle.

This is all color-coded in the way of a rainbow because the zap apples are colored in a rainbow-like fashion. DON'T JUDGE ME! xD

Anyway, this is all a work-in-progress, I guess. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I guess.
    Last edited by BTPoke; 7th November 2012 at 09:51 PM.

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

o.O It takes 23 rounds before reaching an apple? Some Gym Battles don't even make 10 rounds. Will your Gym follow Ayeun's first to 5 motif (or something similar?) or will it be a Rotation Gym, or a Double Battle Gym? Kinda wann see what and where you can go with this.

My only suggestion, shorten the intervals to three rounds? We've already had complex Gyms, this isn't too hard to integrate; given the right motivation.

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Elite Trainer

Yeah, I was kind of thinking it would take too long to get to the apples. 3 rounds it is. I'll edit accordingly.

I was thinking it would just be single battle with 4 pokemon participating.
    Last edited by BTPoke; 7th November 2012 at 09:53 PM.

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Well since I'm no longer a referee, could I be a Gym Leader instead? It could be my true calling.

If I need to beat a Gym Leader to have a chance I'm sure I could poke someone into a children's cockfight.

Does it look like I care? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I nominate BTPoke too just because well his gym is awesome *goes to find a meme with the "well that escalated quickly" guy*
    http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...53/279/e31.jpg
    edit: heres your pic XD
    Last edited by Emerald_Gen.3; 7th November 2012 at 10:49 PM.

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker
    Adventure, another Pokemon Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    I'm sorry, you're confusing me with someone who gives a shit.

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Nominating Cynder.

Thread Killer Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Nom'ing Cynder.
    Fix'd

I didn't know you were hungry for jailbait Oslo

Master Trainer

I'm actually hungry for power. Power and nachos.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I have an idea for this, and it is going to be awesome. Now if only I could write descriptions well...

Advanced Trainer

I could help (though I might add something)

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Thanks Ash, but I'm not far from done. I was just having a little trouble wording things, that's all! Thanks for the offer though :3

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

The Byzantine Blitz

The future is inevitable. Why fight it? Simply embrace the fact that time passes and the world changes, and it is then that we will truly be free from the restraints of the past. That is the moral of everyone living in the Byzantine Blitz, and that is where your challenge today will take place. As mayor and founder, I welcome you to my humble city, and hope you can keep up with the fast paced lifestyle.

-~-~-

The city is made up of three levels; the ground, the lotuses, and the airships. Each level is completely unique and accomodates three different battle styles, single, double and triple; though battlers can move from one platform to the others at will. However, using more Pokemon than can be accomodated on one level isn't recommended - it can cause civillians distress and increases the chance of casualties, which is highly discouraged.

The ground level of the city is much like the city of London; a river divides the city in half and a bridge runs straight across. For ground dwelling Pokemon there isn't a lot of room to move safely; there is little space between roads and buildings which can hinder maneuverability and the only real open space is the river, making battle for the less agile Pokemon incredibly difficult. On this field battles are 1 on 1 between 2 Pokemon.

As the battle progresses it will enter rush hour; a time when passing cars are most frequent and stepping onto roads in near enough suicide. This means that Pokemon that step on the road have a 70% chance of getting hit, a rise from the 25% chance of the rest of the battle; getting hit will cause damage similar to a Giga Impact, depending on the speed that the car travels at. Damage from the cars is in addition to the damage cap; this means that a Pokemon can take up to 40 HP damage in one turn as per the regular cap, with the damage from cars on top. Rush hour occurs every 7 rounds and lasts a round.

Next level up are the lotuses, which are accessed by an elevator that trainers can travel up when one of the first matchup concludes. As shown in the image, the lotuses are above the city resting atop golden pillars that spiral to the ground and stand in groups of three. While many are smaller in diameter than pictured, they are still of an impressive size and are large enough to accomodate four large Pokemon comfortably, and are within flying distance of one another.

On each lotus is a beautiful garden with a sheltered lake in the centre, once per 5 rounds Pokemon can drink from the pool to regain energy or eat a berry from one of the nearby trees to cure a status or heal back some HP. This doesn't expend an action, but the lapse in time can be used to the opponent's advantage as they can use it to boost or attack without a loss of energy, or a lessened loss in the case of moves with over 70 base power.

Finally, the top layer is a giant steampunk-style zeppelin, which is surrounded by many smaller zeppelins that will occaisionally attack using a missile to do around 8-10 HP damage, and how often this occurs is to the ref's discretion. At the top of the zeppelin is a battlefield large enough to hold 6 large Pokemon, though it is highly encouraged to use the sky around to an advantage. Obviously the zeppelin is moving, so it is important that Pokemon in the battle can hold their ground and remain stable at such heights, as otherwise there's a chance they could fall off which would count as an instant KO. Don't worry, though; your Pokemon will be perfectly safe as there is a forcefield in action which causes any Pokemon that falls through it to be returned to their Poke Ball unharmed.

As mentioned previously, Pokemon are battling atop a volatile airship so it is inadvisable to change the weather too much; thus stronger weather based attacks such as hurricane are banned. This also includes Rain Dance, Hail, Blizzard, Thunder, and any other attacks reliant on weather conditions other than sun. Sandstorm would have no effect due to the lack of sand at such a high altitude.

-~-~-

Move tutor: Fiery Dance

The Ascendancy Badge

Battle theme: [link]
    Last edited by Cynder; 13th November 2012 at 02:31 PM.

I like it. It's complicated without being convoluted, and the multi-battle styles can be interesting, methinks.

The third (Airship) stage, though, doesn't seem to have much to do with the other two, so I'm a little weary on that. And the addition of "Pokevengers" to the third stage only enforces that.

I do like that your team will have a unified theme to it though, and I'm going to admit that I didn't know that Fiery Dance was even an attack (had to look it up on Veekun to even know what it did). Are you gonna restrict it to just flyers?
    -Grey

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Yeah, my team's going to be made entirely of Pokemon that can fly in some way (type, levitate or magnet rise). Now that you pointed it out though, I agree on the helicarrier front. How do you think I could improve/replace it?

Maybe remove the Avengers aspect entirely, and focus on the steampunk setting. Instead of the Hellicarrier, maybe have them fight on a giant zeppelin. Every now and again, other ships could come about and fire at the main vessel and the pokemon would hafta avoid the blasts and whatnot.
    -Grey

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I was actually thinking of using a giant zeppelin, but I wasn't sure how some Pokemon would be able to actually battle on it since they're round and it would be difficult to balance. I like your idea better though, so I just need to work out how to make it more suitable for land based Pokemon, unless I have the battle take place inside? But that wouldn't exactly be beneficial for fliers and it slightly contradicts the fact that it needs to be big enough for a triple battle. I dunno, I'm going to use that idea probably but there are a few kinks that I need to work out.

Elite Trainer

oh, were we supposed to come up with a TM and badge idea as well? 'cause I can do that lickety split.

Veteran Trainer

Zeppelin balancing act? Easy. Do like bond and use a ladder to get to the top of it where there is a platform that can be stood on. Still run the risk of being blown off, but it could look like one of those planes with those enormous antennae on their backs.

Entertaining quotes!

It also doesn't hafta be a small zeppelin either. This is ASB! We make up settings all the time, and a stadium-sized zeppelin isn't as farfetched as you think.

RE: Gym badges and tutors -- It's not necessary to come up with either of them yet, but having them can't hurt either. The Move Tutor is gonna be subject to Darkly's and my approval anyway.
    -Grey

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

James Bond style sounds really cool! I'll update the arena when I'm done with the badge. :3

EDIT: Oh my god I actually remember that ep xD I can't believe I didn't think of that!

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Pokemon have been battling it out on giant inflatable balloons for years.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

My badge! I'm still not 100% sure about it though, and it could do with a better name to be honest. I'd like it to link to progress or rising from the ashes in some way, but other than that I'm stumped.

Master Trainer

How about the Ascendancy Badge? It refers to the state of having risen into power but obviously shares the same root as "ascend," so it connotes flight as well. It's also kinda just a cool name. Just a thought.

Either way, that is a BAD-FRIGGIN'-ASS design, Cynder. I adore it.

Advanced Trainer

Er! Mah! Gerd! Cynder don't change that badge it is amazing I'll challenge you first if you make it to the gym leader position ;D

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Advanced Trainer

I wish I could get a nom, sigh oh well if anyone needs an epic arena idea I got it

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I like that, Oslo! I'll take that name c: Also, I'm gonna playtest the arena later, anyone want to battle? Preferably someone I haven't battled before or for a while.

Advanced Trainer

Me I'll battle you

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'm sorry Em, but I'm actually battling you at the moment! xD If you noticed, I'd like to battle someone new to test the arena. Sorry! c:

Advanced Trainer

Derp moment sorry :s

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Advanced Trainer

me?

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Sorry i haven't been on much lately... anyways here is my gym idea which is probably going to be familiar...

The Wolf’s Paw arena: Located in the middle of a grassy field is the arena in the shape of a Wolf’s Paw Print. The heel of the paw is filled with tall grass and trees. The first toe is a mixture of sand and dirt. The second toe is made up of ice. The third toe is water and the fourth is lava. Each of the claws is a small rock formation but the first one has a cave. This is den of the local wolf pack. There are three of them the Alpha (White) Beta (black) and Omega (silver). Most of the time they will leave you alone. This changes if you disturb them too much. Then one of them will come down and attack. For example, an occasional earthquake while might irritate them but they’ll let it slide. However constant use may cause one of them come down and attack for 5 hp damage. However, for every five rounds there is a small chance (5%) that the wolves might give a blessing. If the Omega appears (75% of that 5%) all pokemon on the field regain 10 energy points. If the Beta appears (24% of the 5%) all pokemon on the field gain 10 Health points. If the alpha appears (1% chance of the 5%) all pokemon gain both 10 health points and 10 energy points.

And i still have to get a better picture made but this one suffices for a general idea...
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Adoptees, Captees, Expedia, & Plushies
    Recent Success: Christopher Redman (12-16-11)

Got CSI?
    Thanks to froggy_freek at lj for the icon

Veteran Trainer

Alright!

Time to close this thread. Stay tuned! The newest Gym Leaders will be revealed!

Entertaining quotes!