Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MY DRAMATIC SECOND CHALLENGE! (Yours truly vs. firepokemon; Ref: DA OZZARRE)

Smoke and fire Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: MY DRAMATIC SECOND CHALLENGE! (Yours truly vs. firepokemon; Ref: DA OZZARRE)

Hidden Power - Bug Buzz - Shadow Ball.
    Registered March 24th 2000

Dude, you were the dumbass who was pissing us all with your "game", you've lied to us, spammed. (yes you have) and utterly annoyed us, you big, fat hypocrite.

Oh I miss you Calaveron

WAR ANVIL

Default Re: MY DRAMATIC SECOND CHALLENGE! (Yours truly vs. firepokemon; Ref: DA OZZARRE)

Flame Charge, Protect, and Rest.

Flame Charge ~ Protect ~ Rest

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

TEAM WAR ANVIL
    versus
    TEAM FIREPOKEMON

Rules: n/a
    Abilities: Active
    DQ Time: Two weeks

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 26 ‡

After that missed Shadow Ball, Butterfree tries to reorient his aim and succeeds... somewhat. He fires off a glaring orb of pink light which grazes Sonic's side, doing partial damage. The Cyndaquil retaliates by breaking into a fiery charge and diving at Butterfree, pinning the winged insect to the ground. It's not Sonic's most powerful move; however, between its typing and Cyndaquil's Blazing strength, it certainly does not go unfelt.

Sonic: <-4 HP; -3 EP; +1 Spd>
    Butterfree: <-12 HP; -3 HP fatigue>

Butterfree wriggles free from Sonic's hold and shoots his opponent a dirty look. Falling back on his trusty Bug Buzz strategy, Butterfree kicks up quite a ruckus but Sonic isn't having any of it. He envelops himself in an orange energy bubble, shielding himself from the aural storm easy-peasy.

Sonic: <-8 EP>
    Butterfree: <-3 HP fatigue>

Even though he's not particularly drowsy, Sonic decides it's time for another cat-nap. However, despite the Speed boost he earned from his Flame Charge, he's still not able to pull off the move as swiftly as he needs to. Whipping up a sudden Shadow Ball, Butterfree unleashes it upon his fiery foe before he can fully drift off. Sonic's one-way ticket to Sleepyland is ripped out of his clutches as the Ghost-type attack knocks him clear out of the battle. He slumps over in defeat after a good fight.

Sonic: <-11 HP>
    Butterfree: <-3 HP fatigue>

Butterfree's next numbers are 16/7, which leave him shady and venomous.

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> Butterfree's Hidden Power type has been locked in as Psychic
    > Just so we're all in the know, Marisa's and Locke's typings were reset to Electric and Grass respectively upon being recalled
    > TEAM WAR ANVIL to release and command next
    Last edited by Oslo; 29th October 2012 at 10:23 PM.

WAR ANVIL

Marisa! You can finish this!

Marisa (F)
    Pichu
    Static

Now, Thunder Wave to stop Butterfree cold, plot, and then Mud Slap.

Thunder Wave ~ Nasty Plot ~ Mud Slap

Master Trainer

Butterfree use [b ]Giga Drain[/b] and follow that with Facade and end with Bug Buzz

Dude, you were the dumbass who was pissing us all with your "game", you've lied to us, spammed. (yes you have) and utterly annoyed us, you big, fat hypocrite.

Oh I miss you Calaveron

Master Trainer

TEAM WAR ANVIL
    versus
    TEAM FIREPOKEMON

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 27 ‡

Time for a blast from the past! Marisa is summoned back into battle and, despite her fatigue, she seems willing to duke it out until the end. Her cheek pouches crackle, but Butterfree swoops in before she can discharge. The butterfly wraps his paper wings arounds his opponent and begins draining her life at an alarming pace. As it turns out, there's more than HP mixed into that Giga Drain cocktail: as she's finished off, Marisa manages to spike the blend with a bit of her electric juices. She faints as Butterfree is wracked with Paralysis.

Marisa: <-7 HP; -2 HP fatigue>
    Butterfree: <+4 HP; -4 HP fatigue; Par>

It's 11/14 for Butterfree, who's left feeling like a stony creature of mythic proportions.

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> TEAM WAR ANVIL's final Pokemon will be Locke, who has 16 HP, 0 EP and Psn
    > TEAM FIREPOKEMON to command next

Master Trainer

Butterfree use Bug Buzz three times.

Oh I miss you Calaveron

WAR ANVIL

Locke, keep calm!

Locke (M)
    Seedot
    Early Bird

Start off with Rest, and then spam Sleep Talk.

Rest ~ Sleep Talk ~ Sleep Talk

Master Trainer

TEAM WAR ANVIL
    versus
    TEAM FIREPOKEMON

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 28 ‡

With that, it's down to Locke. The little acorn returns to the battlefield and is infinitely relieved to not be battling another friggin' squirrel this time around. In fact, he's so relieved he decides to go down for a little nap. As his body restores itself, Butterfree tries to attack... but can't. His entire body locks up with Paralysis and he floats down to the ground like a spare scrap of paper. Ack!

Locke: <-15 HP fatigue; +30 HP; Psn no more>
    Butterfree: <Can't move!>

Locke begins babbling in his sleep. Peculiar. However, it's not nearly as peculiar as the random-ass blades of grass that rise out of the ground. Hurr? They latch onto Butterfree, who struggles in vain against them; with a sharp tug, they slam the butterfly back down to the ground. Ow! Soon, the Grass Knot relaxes its old and Butterfree is free to Bug Buzz away. The sonic blasts hit Locke square in the face... because, really, what else is there to hit? He's nothing but a face.

Locke: <-16 HP; -2 HP fatigue>
    Butterfree: <-6 HP; -3 HP fatigue>

Sleep Talk: The Sequel! It doesn't turn out to be quite as awesome as the last, though. Locke spits out a seed which hits Butterfree in the foot and begins to embed itself into his exoskeleton. Ergh. Freaky. A wave of anxiety washes over Butterfree, but his mind remains focused enough for a second Bug Buzz. Howveer, while his mind might be focused, his eyes clearly aren't. The sonic waves miss Locke entirely and hit the ground at his feet, leaving him entirely unscathed. The Seedot makes a grunt. Sounds like he might wake any minute now.

Locke: <-2 HP fatigue>
    Butterfree: <-3 HP fatigue; WSd>

New numbers... and these might very well be the last ones! 12/4 leaves Locke feeling like a frozen body of water while 1/8 makes Butterfree kind of unremarkable... but also kinda static-y?

‡ Post-Round ‡

Notes:

> TEAM WAR ANVIL to command next
    Last edited by Oslo; 3rd November 2012 at 09:30 AM.

WAR ANVIL

First off, Oslo, you forgot the Worry Seed effects in Post-round.

SECOND! And this is for Locke.

If you're asleep, Sleep Talk. Otherwise, focus on ending this in style!

Rock Smash ~ Rock Smash ~ Rock Smash
    Sub: Sleep Talk if STILL asleep

Master Trainer

o.o Butterfree we're on our last legs so use Endure ~ Bug Buzz ~ facade.

We're either dead or they are.

Oh I miss you Calaveron

Master Trainer

TEAM WAR ANVIL
    versus
    TEAM FIREPOKEMON

‡ Pre-Round ‡

‡ Round 29 ‡

As the battle reaches its eleventh hour, Locke, ever the Early Bird, wakes from Sleep. It's hard to imagine a little acorn mustering enough strength to break stones, but the little Seedot's ensuing Rock Smash proves to be surprisingly mighty. However, Butterfree hunkers down and just barely manages to Endure the blow. The butterfly has proved surprisingly durable this battle, but it's unlikely he can keep this up much longer.

Locke: <-1 HP fatigue; Slp no more>
    Butterfree: <-2 HP fatigue; Endured>

Here it is. Paralysis puts a kibosh on Butterfree's dreams of victory, leaving him wide open for a second Rock Smash. It's not the most powerful shot, but it's all that's needed: after a great battle, Butterfree finally succumbs. Locke looks on with wide eyes. It's over! He's won!

Locke: <-1 HP fatigue>
    Butterfree: <-1 HP; Can't move!>

‡ Post-Round ‡

That was a real nail-biter! Great work to you both. I'm impressed Butterfree was able to hang in there for so long, but Locke definitely put up a great offence. WAR ANVIL and I get six points each while firepokemon takes home three. Cheers!

*disappears in a puff of oranges*