Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [GYM]Oslo vs Chaos Redefined (ref: Rossymore)

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default [GYM]Oslo vs Chaos Redefined (ref: Rossymore)

Post your rules.
    Last edited by chaos_redefined; 19th August 2012 at 09:29 PM.

[14:48:30] .:- Steampunk Angel -:. {{I love Ben}} says:
    oh chaos your awesome lol

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: [GYM]Oslo vs Chaos Redefined (ref: ??)

It's dancin' time! I made a couple minor tweaks to the format, so let's do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post

Quietly tucked away in the club district of some unspecified Norwegian city, Combat Disco has rapidly become the new face of the local nightlife. The establishment primarily consists of one rather massive dance floor with pulsating strobe lights. Numerous tables and chairs are clustered near the walls and a bar replete with all sorts of libations sits in the corner. This dance-battle fusion club is known for its eclectic repertoire of music—here, everything from cozy little acoustic ditties to explosive heavy metal outbursts to old-school video game melodies can be heard nightly. Curiously enough, the music tends to have an impact on the dancers.

Every time a Pokemon on the field faints, the type of music changes and brings about a new effect. Though this music is of adequate volume, rest assured that it will never be so loud as to drown out sound moves used by the battlers. Additionally, even if your Pokemon has the Soundproof ability or is battling with their fingers in their ears or is attempting to destroy our indestructible speakers, it doesn’t matter: no Pokemon can avoid hearing the music no matter what. After all, you can’t stop the beat!

Once the music ends, the accompanying effect will fully and completely come to an end as well. The following is a list of the various genres played at Combat Disco and their attendant effects:

‡ Category O ‡

Top 40: This style of music always plays from the beginning of the match until the first Pokemon faints; it possesses no additional effect
    Reggae: This style of music always plays once four Pokemon have reached 0 HP; after the next Pokemon is released but before commands are issued, the Gym Leader and then the challenger will openly declare one move known by the opposing Pokemon for it to “forget” for the duration of this effect

‡ Category A ‡

Easy Listening: Both Pokemon may only use one damage-dealing super effective move per round
    Punk: The first Pokemon (ie. top row or lefthand column of the reffing template) receives +4 Att/+4 Def and the second receives +4 SpA/+4 SpD
    Emo: Every action there’s a 20% chance a Pokemon will disobey its trainer’s orders and use Fake Tears instead (the Pokemon will manage to use Fake Tears regardless of whatever other status effects are in play, including but not limited to Sleep or Taunt, or even if they can’t actually learn Fake Tears)
    Screamo: Both Pokemon come under the effects of Torment until the music ends
    Rap: Both Pokemon come under the effects of Taunt until the music ends
    Tribal: An irreplaceable weather effect that negates any other existing/future weather effects occurs

‡ Category B ‡

Oldies: Attacks are either increased or decreased in power depending on the Generation of their introduction:
    Generation I: +5 HP | Generation II: +3 HP | Generation III: +/- 0 HP | Generation IV: -3 HP | Generation V: -5 HP
    Dubstep: Attacks are either decreased or increased in power depending on the Generation of their introduction:
    Generation I: -5 HP | Generation II: -3 HP | Generation III: +/- 0 HP | Generation IV: +3 HP | Generation V: +5 HP
    Country: Both Pokemon may only use moves with names that are nine characters or less (including spaces and punctuation)
    Chiptunes: Both Pokemon can only use moves they or their previous evolution learn by TM/HM

‡ Category C ‡

Heavy Metal: Both Pokemon have their ability changed to Heavy Metal
    Rock: Both Pokemon have their type changed to Rock
    Polka: Both Pokemon have their ability changed randomly at the end of every round
    Folk: Both Pokemon become typeless

‡ Category D ‡

Classical: In addition to their regular movepool, both Pokemon may use any move learnable by Kricketune

The choice of music, determined by the referee DJ, is not completely random. There is a 40% chance the genre of music played will be selected from Category A, a 30% chance it will be selected from Category B, a 25% chance it will be selected from Category C and a 5% chance it will be selected from Category D. The DJ should bear this in mind while selecting music. As well, the DJ is reminded to inform the battlers what the change in music will be before the change actually takes effect.

Since Combat Disco is a disability-friendly Gym, should either battler send out a Pokemon that requires water in order to fight, a section of the dance floor will retract to reveal a pool large enough to comfortably contain a Wailord. Because the pool is located under the dance floor, patrons are reminded that Digging is not in their best interests. Furthermore, should any weather effects come into play, part of the roof will automatically pull back and open up the club interior to the sky.

Those who successfully defeat Combat Disco's Gym Leader will receive the Glitter Ball Badge as well as the house TM, Teeter Dance, which is currently used by Snore Warrior, La Polla Loca, La Princess, Flower, King Thrashypants and Puff. It may be taught to any single Pokemon with legs that has competed in the Gym challenge.
    I will lead off with La Polla Loca, my shiny female Blaziken (@Blaze, *Teeter Dance, *Taunt, *Eruption). You release and attack.

EDIT: Also, in case my post a short way down from this one wasn't clear, this is indeed a 3 on 3 battle.
    Last edited by Oslo; 19th August 2012 at 08:04 PM.

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I see you changed Reggae a bit, didn't you?

Master Trainer

Yeah, I tweaked Reggae, Polka and Classical. Never really liked the idea of getting Kricketuned.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Sorry to annoy you with lots of fun questions, but I already broke ayeun's gym by getting a level of sprinkler system higher than anyone else so far...

For Polka, is the ability we gain chosen randomly?

Also, aside from when it's forced, it's impossible to go to Raggae or Top 40, correct?

Finally, why do you torment your challengers by starting off with Top 40? What is in the top 40 nowadays anyway?

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by chaos_redefined View Post
    Sorry to annoy you with lots of fun questions, but I already broke ayeun's gym by getting a level of sprinkler system higher than anyone else so far...

For Polka, is the ability we gain chosen randomly?

Also, aside from when it's forced, it's impossible to go to Raggae or Top 40, correct?

Finally, why do you torment your challengers by starting off with Top 40? What is in the top 40 nowadays anyway?
    1) Yeppers (just edited that part back in)
    2) Yeppers
    3) Idk

Also, you got to that sprinkler level before anyone else 'cause none of Ayeun's other challengers felt like using so many Fire moves so... dun pat yourself on the back too hard.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

How is a post like this not a sign of something breaking?

And I shall begin with Springie, my female Grumpig, ability: Own Tempo

Psychic ~ Bulldoze ~ Zen Headbutt
    Subs: Snatch anything snatch-able, Magic Coat anything magiccoatable.

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I'm in the mood for a Gym, so I'll ref this later.

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Not broken. Means someone didn't clearly explain something. Breaking would be making something not work. Everything worked, it was just interpreted wrong. Anyway-a question about Reggae, does this conclusively make all your battles 3 on 3? Because if its a 4 on 4, and one side loses three and the other one, then Reggae comes into effect, yet the match may be far from over.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Master Trainer

Yar, I put that stipulation in mind knowing it only works for 3 on 3 battles. I prefer 3 on 3s so that's fine. It also doesn't entirely prevent endgame Pain Splitting in every situation, but I'm okay with that in the end.

Waiting on a response from Rossy about something before I post attacks.

Master Trainer

Okay, Oslo goes!

La Polla Loca, return. I then send out Puff, my male Hydreigon (@Levitate, *Teeter Dance, *Dragon Dance).

Puff, wait for the Bulldoze and follow it with Payback. Then wait for the Zen Headbutt and follow it with Payback as well.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Free switches? Wow... Haven't seen that... ever?

Sound... abusable.

Elite Trainer

Weird. He didn't switch for my battle... I guess the fact that he was still able to use a super-effective move against me was good enough xD

Elite Trainer

Round 1

Arena
    Combat Disco: A large club that features a large dance floor/battlefield, giant pool, retractable roof, classy tables and chairs, a lounge, martinis under two dollars and one funky as hell disco ball. Now where's the kitchen sink... oh yeah! In the kitchen! A music player will change whenever a Pokemon faints and its effects are... less trippy then if this had taken place in the previous decade.
    Current Track:
    Top 40 - No effects, luckily enough.

Gym Leader Oslo's Team (OOO)
    [La Polla Loca]
    [F]
    100% HP
    100% EN
    *Blaze*
    *N/A*
    Switch to Hydreigon ~ Payback ~ Payback

Challenger Chaos's Team (OOO)
    [Springie]
    [F]
    100% HP
    100% EN
    *Own Tempo*
    *N/A*
    Psychic ~ Bulldoze ~ Zen Headbutt

We begin this match with Chaos being the latest challenger to maniacal Oslo as his amazing beard of stress. The Gym Leader goes for a sparkly Blaziken and Chaos opts for a Grumpig.
    We now begin with Oslo... recalling La Polla. Okay. He goes for Puff the magic (or at least face ripping) Hydreigon. Ironically enough, in the actualy anime, most Gym Leaders cannot substitute. Springie looks at the weird three headed creature and tries to mess with its mind. Sorry, can't do that, its mind(s?) are twisted enough. Oh, hold on, the music seems to have changed. Seems it got confused and thinks it's time to go. However, it needs time to select a track, so it won't take effect until next round.
    : -0% health, -0% energy
    [N/A]
    : -0% health, -8% energy
    [N/A]

Being the faster compadre, Puff must wait for Springie to make a move and does so by causing the surrounding area to vibrate violently. Hey, watch the dance floor, you're cracking some panels. Puff doesn't feel it though and becomes surrounded in a dark aura, before tackling Springie, due to going second and all.
    : -0% health, -4% energy
    [Levitate]
    : -24% health, -6% energy
    [N/A]

Now Puff waits again for his opponent, but Springie isn't making the same mistake twice. So now they both stare at each other. After a dull half a second, Puff is prodded into making a move and does so. Springie makes her move and her head becomes cloaked in blue light. She rams into Puff... but nothing happens. Huzzah. She's having a good round.
    : -0% health, -4% energy
    [N/A]
    : -12% health, -7% energy
    [N/A]

The music finally comes back on to some good ol' Country music.

[Puff]
    [M]
    100% HP
    092% EN
    *Levitate*
    *N/A*

[Springie]
    [F]
    64% HP
    79% EN
    *Own Tempo*
    *N/A*

End Notes
    If you switch in this match, the music will change mid-round, but will only take effect at the end of the round, so any actions remaining will have no music at all.
    Gym Leader Oslo to issue attacks.

Master Trainer

Default Re: [GYM]Oslo vs Chaos Redefined (ref: Rossymore)

I think that's a fair way to handle music/switching.

Let's try Roar, Surf (whoo underground pool), Round.

Veteran Trainer

What? Not free, he lost one action.

And uhh, Rossy..why did Payback hurt Grumpig so much for the round that a move that didn't hit it?

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Master Trainer

Free switches? Wow... Haven't seen that... ever?

Sound... abusable.
    It's more common nowadays than it used to be and, like DL said, it's not entirely free. Overall, it's a viable counter-strategy against people who spam super effective moves.

Quote Originally Posted by BTPoke View Post
    Weird. He didn't switch for my battle... I guess the fact that he was still able to use a super-effective move against me was good enough xD
    Yeah, I didn't feel like it was necessary. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestLight View Post
    And uhh, Rossy..why did Payback hurt Grumpig so much for the round that a move that didn't hit it?
    Payback damage is doubled if the opponent moves first, regardless of whether damage is done.

Elite Trainer

In retrospect, I probably should've switched Cicero out during our battle xD

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Ah. I see now. Yep. Not completely free. Action to negate some attacks sounds... still good, I suppose. It's 3v3, so this means I also know either his next pokemon or his final one.

OK Grumpig, this is a bit more challenging, but we can do it.

We'll start off by using Magic Coat on the Roar, sending him running away and... what's this... the movelist has been modified to say it's less likely to attack us... sweet. Then, a light shock with a Thunder Wave. Finally, remind him why he switched with a Drain Punch.

Magic Coat ~ Thunder Wave ~ Drain Punch

Elite Trainer

Round 2

Arena
    Combat Disco: A large club that features a large dance floor/battlefield, giant pool, retractable roof, classy tables and chairs, a lounge, martinis under two dollars and one funky as hell disco ball. Now where's the kitchen sink... oh yeah! In the kitchen! A music player will change whenever a Pokemon faints and its effects are... less trippy then if this had taken place in the previous decade.
    Current Track:
    Country - Any moves with over nine characters cannot be used, including spaces and punctuation.

[Puff]
    [M]
    100% HP
    092% EN
    *Levitate*
    *N/A*
    Roar ~ Surf ~ Round

[Springie]
    [F]
    64% HP
    79% EN
    *Own Tempo*
    *N/A*
    Magic Coat ~ Thunder Wave ~ Drain Punch

We begin this round with Springie using the power of MAGIC and creates a shimmering pink cloth that surrounds her entire body. Unfortunately, the music makes the coat flicker and fizzle out. Puff grins gleefully and roars intimidatingly, scaring Springie and making her wary.
    : -0% health, -7% energy
    [N/A]
    [Scared]

With Springie scared, Puff summons a large wave from the indoor pool and makes it crash down onto Springie, as well as a couple on the table nearby. Though that is what you get for front row seats. Being wary, Springie sends a weak jolt of electricity towards Puff, but again, the music causes the attack to slowly vanish.
    : -0% health, -9% energy
    [N/A]
    : -9% health, -7% energy
    [Scared]

Puff now changes his attack to an... interesting one. Namely by singing, with Puff's hands as backup singers. A medium sized green circle comes out of Puff's mouth and then hits Springie, dealing damage. Springie is still fearful of Puff but she runs up to him with a fist glowing dark red. But the music causes the glowing to fade and Springie lightly hits Puff, resulting in a raised eyebrow.
    : -3% health, -6% energy
    [N/A]
    : -6% health, -7% energy
    [Scared]

[Puff]
    [M]
    97% HP
    70% EN
    *Levitate*
    *N/A*

[Springie]
    [F]
    49% HP
    64% EN
    *Own Tempo*
    *Scared (2 more actions)*

End Notes
    Springie's... not doing so hot.
    Challenger Chaos to issue attacks.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Crap... Misread the arena change. Should have realized when Oslo was using short-named moves.

Umm... I'll get back to you on this.

Veteran Trainer

::Busted out laughing.::

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Should have realized when Oslo was using short-named moves.
    The moves themselves probably should have looked a little random as well.

Wait, scratch that. ROUND IS THE ULTIMATE POWER! (Especially in single battles! )

Elite Trainer

I prefer Echoed Voice myself. If you catch the opponent unawares, you can sweep when it reaches 120 base power in three turns. Two turns later, you have a consecutive 200 BP move. Beautiful.

Master Trainer

Chaos, m'dear? You're up.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Oh. Thought I posted this. (And didn't look at it over the weekend.)

Hmm... OK. New Plan.

Calm Mind ~ Calm Mind ~ Calm Mind
    Subs: Counter any counter-able moves. Snatch anything snatch-able. If taunt/torment are stopping you from doing your action, Icy Wind.

Master Trainer

Surf and then Surf. After Springie's final action, use Psych Up.

Sub: If Springie is at any point immobilized by fear and cannot Counter, use Crunch for that action.

Master Trainer

Rossy?

Elite Trainer

My apologies. Will have this up in a few hours.

Elite Trainer

Those were some long few hours...

Round 3

Arena
    Current Track:
    Country - Any moves with over nine characters cannot be used, including spaces and punctuation.

[Puff]
    [M]
    97% HP
    70% EN
    *Levitate*
    *N/A*
    Surf ~ Surf ~ Psych Up

[Springie]
    [F]
    49% HP
    64% EN
    *Own Tempo*
    *Scared (2 more actions)*
    Calm Mind ~ Calm Mind ~ Calm Mind

We begin this round with Puff sending more waves crashing upon the unfortunate pig. Trying not to wet herself, Springie calms her mind and boosts up some stats. Zen.
    [N/A]
    : -9% health, -7% energy
    [Scared, Sp. Atk +1, Sp. Def +1]

Puff sends another wave down to the opponent. It doesn't as much, but still does. Springie, now getting over her fears, CALMs her MIND yet again.

[N/A]
    : -8% health, -7% energy
    [Sp. Atk +2, Sp. Def +2]

Puff waits a moment while Springie gets more set up. Then, like the sinister guy that he is, he just steals every one of her boosts. The swine!
    : -0% health, -10% energy
    [Sp. Atk +3, Sp. Def +3]
    [Sp. Atk +3, Sp. Def +3]

[Puff]
    [M]
    97% HP
    42% EN
    *Levitate*
    *Special Attack +3, Special Defense +3*

[Springie]
    [F]
    32% HP
    43% EN
    *Own Tempo*
    Special Attack +3, Special Defense +3*

End Notes
    Step up the game, Springie!
    Gym Leader Oslo to issue attacks.
    Last edited by Rossymore; 20th September 2012 at 07:20 AM.

Master Trainer

Puff was told to use Psych Up after Springie's final action, so he should have been able to copy the final boost even with his extra Speed. Also, methinks Springie wasn't supposed to lose health during the final action.

Surf, Round, Surf.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Rest ~ Relax ~ Relax.

Springie has plans. They just need to start working for a change.

Master Trainer

Reminder for Rossy.

Master Trainer

*SHINES THE ROSSY SIGNAL INTO THE SKY*

HELP US, OH BENEVOLENT ROSSYMAN

SAVE US FROM THIS STALLFEST

Elite Trainer

*swoops in with a long, billowing cape*
    NEVER FEAR! BTPoke is here!

Round 3

Arena
    Current Track: Country- Any moves with over nine characters cannot be used, including spaces and punctuation.

Current Song: Chicken Fried

Epic Gym Battles of History!
    Gym Leader Oslo VS Chaos Redefined

Gym Leader Oslo

Puff (the magic Dragon?) M
    @Levitate
    97/100 Health
    42/100 Energy
    Special Attack +3
    Special Defense +3

Surf ~ Round ~ Surf

Chaos Redefined

Springie F
    @Own Tempo
    32/100 Health
    43/100 Energy
    Special Attack +3
    Special Defense +3

Relax ~ Relax ~ Relax

Springie decides she should sit down and relax (and fall asleep. Meanwhile, Puff gathers up water (making it rise from the underground pool) and launches a wave of it at Springie, washing her and her fat pig butt a few yards.
    [Springie: +30 health; -9 health; -15 energy; Sleepy Tiems ¦ Puff: -8 energy]

Puff belts out some rather sour opera notes that mix so POORLY with the country music playing on the stereo. The crowd around starts to boo, and some people even begin to throw various cans and food items at Puff that actually manage to do a bit of damage. Springie cringes in pain while she's asleep and subconsciously covers her ears.
    [Springie: -6 health; +4 energy ¦ Puff: -3 health; -6 energy]

3rd verse, same as the first. Springie continues to sleep, while Puff gathers up more water, flows it at Springie, and watches as Springie around on the water.
    [Springie: -9 health; +6 energy ¦ Puff: -8 energy]

¦ Post-Round ¦

Gym Leader Oslo

Puff (the magic Dragon?) M
    @Levitate
    94/100 Health
    20/100 Energy
    Special Attack +3
    Special Defense +3

Chaos Redefined

Springie F
    @Own Tempo
    38/100 Health
    44/100 Energy
    Special Attack +3
    Special Defense +3

Sleep (about 1-2 turns remaining)

End Notes
    If Springie's got a plan, she better do it, like, now
    Chaos commands next.
    Last edited by BTPoke; 15th October 2012 at 08:43 PM.

Master Trainer

Psst. Springie's first command was Rest, not Relax. :3

Elite Trainer

... S&#$. IN A SECOND

I KNOW NOT OF WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!
    Last edited by BTPoke; 15th October 2012 at 05:26 PM.

Veteran Trainer

ROTF

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

I blame Oslo! His mistakes in that tournament reffing are starting to infect people!

Master Trainer

I BEG YOUR PARDON?! >O