Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pokemon Black and White 2 Released in the U.S.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Pokemon Black and White 2 Released in the U.S.

Thoroughly enjoying B2. I feel though, like the first part of the game (up to Castelia) tries so hard to be a different game than B/W, only for gyms 4, 5 and 6 (and the routes) to feel like carbon copies. Then after that it gets a bit interesting, but still.

So I have 7 badges, just got to Humilau.

Emboar (Mars) Lv 46
    Magnezone (Zaap) Lv 47
    Starmie (Hitomi) Lv 45
    Roserade (Cardamom) Lv 49
    Lucario (Bruno) Lv 44
    Crobat (Sharpe) Lv 44

Team all came together randomly tbh, Magnemite was amazing vs Roxie, caught Roselia in Lostlorn forest and she was a total star. Crobat is great too, considering teaching him loads of the new move tutor moves to surprise people. He has cross poison/bite/acrobatics/return but I figure we might switch it up and give him heat wave, u-turn etc.

I also wanted to have a Zoroark on the team but didn't really like him off the bat so boxed him.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Unimpressed by Zoroark? Aww, shame D: I love using it, it's so fun to troll the E4! Caitlin was so easy to beat it wasn't even funny xD She just kept spamming Dream Eater on my sleeping Zoroark (disguised as Terrakion) and he didn't take any damage at all from it, maintaining the illusion and letting me boost Special Attack with Nasty Plot until I could just OHKO the rest of her team. That was fun. :3

Banned

Yes, Zoroark is fun. So fun that I used its pre-evolution in my fanfic in a chapter where the hero is challenged by a villain to a Little Cup battle. The whole "trying to use a Psychic attack on a Pokemon that you don't know is Dark" worked there too.

As for me, my current goal is catching the three Mirages of Sinnoh. I just "released" them, and I'm waiting for night to fall before going after them so I can use Dusk Balls.
    Last edited by Dark Sage; 30th October 2012 at 06:18 PM.

RPG Dyke's Bitch Moderator

... How do you know if you've caught one of N's pokemon? I just caught a Braviary on route 4, sat there flapping its wings, clearly not meant to be there... Level 25 too. Mine now >>

X-rated since April 2012!

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Crystal Tears: Shut. Up.
    Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

if you find one of N's pokemon, a little effect goes on when they appear (that I can't seem to remember the details of right now, but you'll know it when you see it). When you catch it, the game will "notice" that the pokemon has a different OT.

Yeah, I just read up on it, turns out Braviary isn't one of N's pokemon you can catch. Still doesn't explain why I found it just flapping away >>

Especially as it's only level 25 and it doesn't evolve from Rufflet til level 54 wtf.

EDIT: One appears on Mondays on Route 4 in White 2 only. Solution found XD
    Last edited by ChobiChibi; 19th November 2012 at 11:41 AM.

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BTPoke View Post
    if you find one of N's pokemon, a little effect goes on when they appear (that I can't seem to remember the details of right now, but you'll know it when you see it). When you catch it, the game will "notice" that the pokemon has a different OT.
    The first clue that you've met one of N's Pokemon is that it appears to be a Shiny. (They aren't real Shinies, however) Then the message at the bottom of the screen has both a ! and a ?, suggesting that the Pokemon isn't wild at all.

When you actually catch it, you won't be allowed to nickname it, and a message will say, "It appears [Pokemon's name] had a different OC!"

If you need more proof, check the Pokemon's summary in your box. N will clearly be listed as the original trainer.

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

yeah, I was incredibly confused when I first encountered one of N's pokemon. I was all like "OH MY GOD! A SHINY!?" Then I looked up the pokemon's shiny sprite to be sure, and it wasn't. So yeah, that made me really confused until I looked this stuff up.

The Jigglypuff Master! Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by ChobiChibi View Post
    Yeah, I just read up on it, turns out Braviary isn't one of N's pokemon you can catch. Still doesn't explain why I found it just flapping away >>

Especially as it's only level 25 and it doesn't evolve from Rufflet til level 54 wtf.

EDIT: One appears on Mondays on Route 4 in White 2 only. Solution found XD
    You can get a Volcorna at level 37 before you face the Elite Four and Iris. And it evolves from Larvesta at level 59. The Pokemon games do this type of thing all the time. You have to remember in RBY, you could get a level 9 Pidgeotto in Viridian Forest.
    Last edited by CaptainJigglypuff; 20th November 2012 at 07:09 PM.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your garbage on me!"
    ~Watchy Watchog

Helga: So I'm NOT Kate Moss.
    Milo: Kate Moss isn't stuck in a sewer.
    Helga: Gee. I don't know. When you really think about it, is there any sewer bigger than the world of professional modelling?
    ~The Oblongs

3DS FC: 1160-9737-9152
    PM me and I'll add you!

Banned

Btw, the Braviary you find on Route 4 is only in White 2.

In Black 2, you can find a Mandibuzz in the same location (more or less, seeing as Route 4 is different depending on the game) on Thursdays. It is also Lvl 25.

And by the way, the computer tends to cheat with Pokemon that are lower Level than they should be all the time. Roxy has a Lvl 18 Whilipede, and Venipede don't evolve until Lvl 22. A far more serious violation occurs with Ghetsis, whose Hydreigon is underevolved (but not quite as much as it was in the previous game, thank goodness).
    Last edited by Dark Sage; 21st November 2012 at 07:05 AM.

Considering I just said I was on route 4, you guys are all assholes. Thanks for the spoilers

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train