Thread: Tell me MY truth. What did you just say?! (Ref: Who, but me!)

WAR ANVIL

Default Tell me MY truth. What did you just say?! (Ref: Who, but me!)

Mm-hmm. Good. Have an open challenge, will ya?!

3 vs. 3; I send first!
    Arena: Spring Bay Mountain (Yeah, so what if I want Yo-KAI Disco to be the BGM?)
    This place is higher up on the sultry Spring Bay trail, and the mist that surrounds it is dense. In fact, said mist has a 5% chance of limiting everyone's Accuracy to -6 for a round, provided no weather effects are in place.
    Rules: No damage caps. EVER. Yeah, this'll be a crazy fight.

Without further ado...Terry, you're up!

Terry (M)
    Budew
    Leaf Guard
    Last edited by WAR ANVIL; 5th November 2012 at 08:03 PM. Reason: RaZoR will attack first, it seems.

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Tell me MY truth. What did you just say?!

I'l take this fight, but are you sure you want to call AND attack in the same turn? You're setting yourself up for a big fall in your opening round, especially if there are no damage caps. I could easily call out a fire type and murder Budew in seconds.

You delete your moves, I'll call out and attack, then you attack. It's the only fair way.
    Last edited by RaZoR LeAf; 5th November 2012 at 04:56 PM.

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

>.> Killing him with kindness. Kinda wanna take on WAR sometime soon too, but I still need a specific team member to do so. So I'll ref.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

WAR ANVIL

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestLight View Post
    >.> Killing him with kindness. Kinda wanna take on WAR sometime soon too, but I still need a specific team member to do so. So I'll ref.
    RaZe's right, DL. I decided to rethink and have him attack first. And as for reffing, sounds good!

Master Trainer

OK, I'll send out, Curaçao (Marill ♀ Sap Sipper)

Work Up - Grass Knot - Fake Tears

WAR ANVIL

Start off with some DOUBLE SUN POWER, work that Toxic magic, and then Protect yourself from Fake Tears. Even with Sap Sipper, this'll be cake!

Sunny Day ~ Toxic ~ Protect

WAR ANVIL

Um...hello? Anyone in here?

Veteran Trainer

NO! NO ONE IS HERE! NOW LEAVE OR YOU'LL MEET MY SHOTGUN UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL!

Newness!

===Stipulations===

3 VS 3
    Arena: Spring Bay Mountain (Yeah, so what if I want Yo-KAI Disco to be the BGM?)
    This place is higher up on the sultry Spring Bay trail, and the mist that surrounds it is dense. In fact, said mist has a 5% chance of limiting everyone's Accuracy to -6 for a round, provided no weather effects are in place.

===Battlers===

===Round 1===

Why in the hell did they give Marill Sap Sipper? Anyway. Here we are high up on Spring Bay Mountain. The air is crisp and the clouds cling to the sides of the mountain effortlessly. Terry seems at home here, with WAR idly waiting for the challenger to arrive via skytrolley! Ah, and there he is now-the venerable oldballs RL.

This match starts almost immediately, as a blue sphere rolls over toward Terry, and comes to a stop. White underbelly is revealed and those strange curved ears twitch. Cura flexes her body as she rights herself, and Terry starts off with a strong wish for some more sunlight as he needs to grow the hell up.

Te: -4E Sun: 8 act. ~~~ Cu: -3E +Atk/Def

With the sun disavowing the clouds for the time being, Terry seems confident in its ability to win. Even as the grass it loves for starts off by holding it down. Well that was fast, he didn't think he had to plant roots yet. But he'd take it. For a little seed, that thing sure had a dirty mouth. It spat that viscous gunk all over Cura, giving her a nice new shade of purple to wash off. (-2)

Te: -3E/-3H ~~~ Cu: -5E Txc

Now poisoned, Curacao quit trying to slow things down. She tried to cry about her ruined ensemble of fur, but it fell on deaf ears. Terry wasn't having no baby mama drama. (-1)

Te: -5E ~~~ Cu: -2E

===End Stats===

Sun for 2 rounds.

WAR

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

WAR ANVIL

Good boy. Now shock Cura, follow that up with Captivate, and then finish with Shadow Ball!

Venoshock ~ Captivate ~ Shadow Ball

Master Trainer

Refresh - Protect - Blizzard

Veteran Trainer

Newness!

===Stipulations===

3 VS 3

===Battlers===

===Round 2===

The sun stays at high noon. Not that it matters much, it's actually working out for Cura more. She rubs her hands together and starts to forcefully eject sweat from her pores. In a sense, she's Refreshing her body of this poison. Terry does not like this one bit. Mentally, he forces a wave of energy to try ans jolt her out of her health kick, but it strikes a little too late. The noxious toxin has been expelled, and the wave is only a mild headache to Cura.

Te: -5E ~~~ Cu: -3E/-6H

Curacao shakes off the headache, and gets to work setting up a barrier that once again, outspeeds Terry by a mile and a half. The seed tries for the cute "I'm a seed, OOOh and AAAw at me" approach, but that fails faster then an Asian taking a driving test.

What? I can't say that? I mean seriously? Fine.

Te: -2E ~~~ Cu: -5E

Unable to captivate the Marill, Terry goes for something different. Welling up energy at the top of its seed, it brings its head down and aims itself at Cura. The Shadowball fires, right into the mouth of a sinister Blizzard.

You wanna talk unrealistic-how's that? Grayishpurple antimatter ball hurtling though space, smashing into Curacao while Terry freezes to the plantlike BONE due to a hell of a Blizzard fired his way.

Te: -8E/-20H ~~~ Cu: -10E/-10H

===End Stats===

Sun for 1 round.

RL

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

No damage caps? Lets ramp this battle up Curacao.

Blizzard - Ice Beam - Blizzard

Sleep Talk if he tries to put you to sleep

WAR ANVIL

Block some Blizzard odor, give Cura something to worry about, and then captivate her for real. Don't give up!

Protect ~ Round ~ Captivate

Veteran Trainer

Default Re: Tell me MY truth. What did you just say?! (Ref: Who, but me!)

Newness!

===Stipulations===

3 VS 3

===Battlers===

===Round 3===

Curacao seems to have had more than her share of fun with this tiny seed. She holds out her little mitts ad begins to well up a ball of energy. It soon cycles around her, and he raises her hands up to allow it to spread all over, mostly at the seed opponent.

Terry stands his ground and watched the Blizzard strike his barrier, but it was buffering like made.

Te: -10E ~~~ Cu: -10E

While the Blizzard weakened the power of that protect, Curacao swiftly followed up with a Ice Beam. The beam scoured through the remnants of that shielding and flattered the little grasser. However, he righted himself and immediately began to sing. The song had promise, but there was nothing nor anyone that knew anything about music

Te: -4E/-16H ~~~ Cu: -8E/-5H

Unable to captivate the Marill with his voice, Terry goes for something different. He lowers his guard completely, and tries to charm the mouse...

Oh you simple minded mouse, you fell for that? Nonetheless, a second Blizzard was thrown at him. Terry had no real way to block, and so got the full brunt.

Te: -3E/-16H ~~~ Cu: -10E -2SpA

===End Stats===

Sun down

WAR

Entertaining quotes!

WAR ANVIL

Make some clones, and then fire a Shadow Ball! If Cura tries any Ice attacks, block them off pronto. Also, Rest off any status moves and then yammer about from there.

Double Team ~ Double Team ~ Shadow Ball
    Sub if Ice attack: Protect
    Sub if status moves: Rest ~ Sleep Talk (for however many actions left)

Master Trainer

Hail - Ice Beam - Blizzard

Veteran Trainer

Newness!

===Stipulations===

3 VS 3

===Battlers===

===Round 4===

Terry tries to play it safe, and whips up a few clones to cover his bassets. But Cura doesn't seem to care. No. The sunny weather and clear skies need to go away. She beckons the cold air and chilly breezes, all of which compound in rapid fashion. All at once, pieces of chilled water crash down all over the field, causing the clones to lose their effectiveness. (-1/-1)

Te: -4E ~~~ Cu: -4E

Curacao jumps at the notion that Terry seems to be adversely affected by the cold. She whips out a hefty ball of ice that streaks forward with alot of energy. It collides with Terry, but Terry blinks, watching the beam spread out in all directions. Ahhh, clever with the shield. (-1/-1)

Te: -9E ~~~ Cu: -8E

Terry tries to keep that shield up, but the ice falling from the sky keeps hitting him and it defers his concentration. This gives Cura a very opportunistic chance, and she uses it with no reserve. A nasty Blizzard blows from Terry's back slamming him on his face and freezing him for a few minutes. Nasty nasty. (-1/-1)

Te: -16H ~~~ Cu: -10E

===End Stats===

Hail: 4 more act.

RL

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Ice Punch - Icy Wind - Ice Punch

WAR ANVIL

...stupid Ice moves. Terry, this might not be safe for you. Marisa, take over for Terry!

Marisa (F)
    Pichu
    Static

Now, start off with a Rain Dance and Thunder.

Switch to Marisa ~ Rain Dance ~ Thunder

Veteran Trainer

Newness!

===Stipulations===

3 VS 3

===Battlers===

===Round 5===

Terry isin't doing to hot. In fact, he's pretty chilly. The mix of hail and chill is really taking it's toll. WAR-figuring he can salvage Terry for later, goes for a swap Cura watches, patiently focusing her fist into a ball of ice-which gets a new target in Marisa. Before the sparky Pichu can even take a look at her surroundings, she's face first in a pile of dirt with a chill radiating down her spine. DAMN.(-1/-1)

Ma: -8H ~~~ Cu: -6E

Marisa crackles a bit, and hops up, wiping dirt from her face. Smirking, Curacao looks at her once thought to be evolutionary line and blows a kiss to her. Only..its a real Jack Frost type kiss, with icicles chunks and everything. It hits, and with the Hail, gives Marisa a unreal chill. She shivers out and starts to jump around to warm up. Over the process of her dance, she manages to raise the humidity of the area enough to force the Hail to return to its liquid component. Cura doesn't mind, Water IS her specialty after all.

Ma: -4E/-3H -Spd ~~~ Cu: -4E

With the rain now creating a more slicker landscape, Marisa takes advantage and grips the ground. Electricity builds all around her, and while wary, Cura goes for a punch. The fist connects right as a massive bolt of lightning strikes Marisa-shocking Cura to her core.

Cura falls back, breathing shallowly. The familiar electric crackle erupts around her as well...that excess Static from Marisa found a new home.

Ma: -9E/-8H ~~~ Cu: -6E/-22H par

===End Stats===

Rain: 5 more act.

WAR

Entertaining quotes!

WAR ANVIL

All right! Plot, then spam Thunder!

Nasty Plot ~ Thunder ~ Thunder

Master Trainer

Hydro Pump + Super Power + Facade

Veteran Trainer

Newness!

===Stipulations===

3 VS 3

===Battlers===

===Round 6===

In lieu of the rain, Curacao tries to make the best of the situation. Welling up all it can, the small mouse tries for one last souped up play. Meanwhile, Marisa grunts and begins to plot how she's going to trip up that blue showoff...

then a sponge of blue smashes into her. It wasn't that bad, but it was nothing as strong as what Curacao was wishing.

Ma: -3E/-13H +2SpA ~~~ Cu: -5E

Cura fell over, panting heavily, as Marisa sauntered over. That hit wasn't bad. But the SuperPower was completely ineffective. As the water dropped over the pair of Pokemon, Marisa began to spark and sizzle. The clouds began to sizzle, at the same rate Marisa was glowing. All at once, not one, but Two twin bolts of Thunder came searing down. Curacao couldn't even howl in pain at how painful that was.

Ma: -18E ~~~ Cu: -40H

Curacao sizzled a tad, but there was a spark of life still there.

===End Stats===

Rain: 2 more act.

RL

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Endure + Hydro Pump still you can't stand no more

WAR ANVIL

Start out with Protect, and then use Thunder.
    Protect ~ Thunder ~ Thunder

WAR ANVIL

Hello?

DL, you there?

Veteran Trainer

Newness!

===Stipulations===

3 VS 3

===Battlers===

===Round 7===

Marisa grinned, and held up a shield in order to block the incoming attack that she knew was coming. At least, she though was coming. Maybe? Nope. Not now. Curacao was stuck in place for the moment

Ma: -7E ~~~ Cu: par

Well, that was a waste. Angered she tossed out a good chunk of energy, Marisa charged up a super Thunder strike. But Cura had an advantage here. The thick hide made it easy to flex and endure the incoming blast that charred her to the core. But Marisa now had to deal with the blast of water that careened from Cura and slammed her into the side of the mountain.

Ma: -9E/-10H ~~~ Cu: -15E/-9H

Marisa charged up a second Thunder, and Cura could do nothing but fall to its might. The water ended its short tirade as well, the fog now starting to seep in.

Ma: -9E ~~~ Cu: -20H

===End Stats===

RL release War

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

I'll send out my newly caught Larvesta, Amaterasu (f) Flame Body

WAR ANVIL

Good work, Marisa. Now it's someone else's turn!

Sonic (M)
    Cyndaquil
    Blaze

Start with an eruption, and then Spin Dash to take advantage of that bug's 4x weakness. If Amaterasu tries any status moves, get out of the way. Lastly, if anything happens to reduce your accuracy or improve Ammy's evasion, ready some Homing Attacks.

Switch (Sonic) ~ Eruption ~ Rollout
    Sub if status: Protect
    Sub if accuracy reduction: Aerial Ace

Master Trainer

Toxic as soon as Cyndaquil is switched in. Lets see it protect against that. Follow up with Zen Headbutt to dodge the Eruption and finish with an Amnesia to wipe that Rollout form his mind.

Veteran Trainer

Newness!

===Stipulations===

3 VS 3

===Battlers===

===Round 8===

The clouds began to bleed in from all sides, giving no quarter to visibility. As such, it was a shock when that flash of light appeared, revealing that Marisa was gone for the moment. In her place was a flare of red amongst this thick pea soup.

The flare was all Ama needed in order to hawk a loogie. It flew silently and hit Sonic in the face. Sonic cringed, unsure just what even happened. (-1)

So: Txc ~~~ Ama: -3E

Ama skittered close enough so she could see the orange glow admist the fog. Sonic raised his head and wiped it clean of the gunk, before causing the ground to heat up in a radial manner. When the ground started to bubble, Ama dashed through the fog and connected with Sonic. The two Pokemon fell together-but Sonic's focus was broken and the Eruption happened far from their location. (-1)

So: -9E/-8E ~~~ Ama: -6E/-9H

Sonic had a bead on her locale now, and instantly revved up. In a flash, AMa was run over by the flamey spined anteater. She popped her head up and began to concentrate on his rolling form. In no time at all, Sonic unfurled, unsure just what it was doing. (-1)

So: -3E *Amn* ~~~ Ama: -3E/-12H

===End Stats===

Marisa: 57/40

RL

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Safeguard - Acrobatics - Zen Headbutt

If it Digs underground, use Magnet Rise.

Master Trainer

Gonna hafta bump for WAR ANVIL since he's disabled VMs and PMs.

Master Trainer

I'ma call a DQ on this please, I want to free up a battle slot and this is just weighting me down.

Veteran Trainer

Ok. One Pokemon fainted. So 2 points for you and 1 for War

Entertaining quotes!