Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [GYM] Studies in Modern Dance: REVISITED! Oslo vs. BTPoke (ref: Darkles)

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default [GYM] Studies in Modern Dance: REVISITED! Oslo vs. BTPoke (ref: Darkles)

Rematch time!

Quietly tucked away in the club district of some unspecified Norwegian city, Combat Disco has rapidly become the new face of the local nightlife. The establishment primarily consists of one rather massive dance floor with pulsating strobe lights. Numerous tables and chairs are clustered near the walls and a bar replete with all sorts of libations sits in the corner. This dance-battle fusion club is known for its eclectic repertoire of music—here, everything from cozy little acoustic ditties to explosive heavy metal outbursts to old-school video game melodies can be heard nightly. Curiously enough, the music tends to have an impact on the dancers.

Every time a Pokemon on the field faints, the type of music changes and brings about a new effect. Though this music is of adequate volume, rest assured that it will never be so loud as to drown out sound moves used by the battlers. Additionally, even if your Pokemon has the Soundproof ability or is battling with their fingers in their ears or is attempting to destroy our indestructible speakers, it doesn’t matter: no Pokemon can avoid hearing the music no matter what. After all, you can’t stop the beat!

Once the music ends, the accompanying effect will fully and completely come to an end as well. The following is a list of the various genres played at Combat Disco and their attendant effects:

‡ Category O ‡

Top 40: This style of music always plays from the beginning of the match until the first Pokemon faints; it possesses no additional effect
    Reggae: This style of music always plays once four Pokemon have reached 0 HP; after the next Pokemon is released but before commands are issued, the Gym Leader and then the challenger will openly declare one move known by the opposing Pokemon for it to “forget” for the duration of this effect

‡ Category A ‡

Easy Listening: Both Pokemon may only use one damage-dealing super effective move per round
    Punk: The first Pokemon (ie. top row or lefthand column of the reffing template) receives +4 Att/+4 Def and the second receives +4 SpA/+4 SpD
    Emo: Every action there’s a 20% chance a Pokemon will disobey its trainer’s orders and use Fake Tears instead (the Pokemon will manage to use Fake Tears regardless of whatever other status effects are in play, including but not limited to Sleep or Taunt, or even if they can’t actually learn Fake Tears)
    Screamo: Both Pokemon come under the effects of Torment until the music ends
    Rap: Both Pokemon come under the effects of Taunt until the music ends
    Tribal: An irreplaceable weather effect that negates any other existing/future weather effects occurs

‡ Category B ‡

Oldies: Attacks are either increased or decreased in power depending on the Generation of their introduction:
    Generation I: +5 HP | Generation II: +3 HP | Generation III: +/- 0 HP | Generation IV: -3 HP | Generation V: -5 HP
    Dubstep: Attacks are either decreased or increased in power depending on the Generation of their introduction:
    Generation I: -5 HP | Generation II: -3 HP | Generation III: +/- 0 HP | Generation IV: +3 HP | Generation V: +5 HP
    Country: Both Pokemon may only use moves with names that are nine characters or less (including spaces and punctuation)
    Chiptunes: Both Pokemon can only use moves they or their previous evolution learn by TM/HM

‡ Category C ‡

Heavy Metal: Both Pokemon have their ability changed to Heavy Metal
    Rock: Both Pokemon have their type changed to Rock
    Polka: Both Pokemon have their ability changed randomly at the end of every round
    Folk: Both Pokemon become typeless

‡ Category D ‡

Classical: In addition to their regular movepool, both Pokemon may use any move learnable by Kricketune

The choice of music, determined by the referee DJ, is not completely random. There is a 40% chance the genre of music played will be selected from Category A, a 30% chance it will be selected from Category B, a 25% chance it will be selected from Category C and a 5% chance it will be selected from Category D. The DJ should bear this in mind while selecting music. As well, the DJ is reminded to inform the battlers what the change in music will be before the change actually takes effect.

Since Combat Disco is a disability-friendly Gym, should either battler send out a Pokemon that requires water in order to fight, a section of the dance floor will retract to reveal a pool large enough to comfortably contain a Wailord. Because the pool is located under the dance floor, patrons are reminded that Digging is not in their best interests. Furthermore, should any weather effects come into play, part of the roof will automatically pull back and open up the club interior to the sky.

Those who successfully defeat Combat Disco's Gym Leader will receive the Glitter Ball Badge as well as the house TM, Teeter Dance, which is currently used by Snore Warrior, La Polla Loca, La Princess, Flower, King Thrashypants and Puff. It may be taught to any single Pokemon with legs that has competed in the Gym challenge.
    This will, of course, be a three on three. I'll kick things off with Snore Warrior, my male Snorlax (@Immunity, *Teeter Dance, *Hammer Arm, *Taunt). You release and attack.
    Last edited by Oslo; 1st November 2012 at 11:35 PM.

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: [GYM] Studies in Modern Dance: REVISITED! Oslo vs. BTPoke (ref: herp derp)

::Falls in place, with new reffing parameters in place::

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Master Trainer

Default Re: [GYM] Studies in Modern Dance: REVISITED! Oslo vs. BTPoke (ref: Darkles)

New parameters?

Veteran Trainer

Default Re: [GYM] Studies in Modern Dance: REVISITED! Oslo vs. BTPoke (ref: Darkles)

Yah. Revised reffing formula. Tired of all the math. Lotta things trimmed lol. Still on the higher spectrum...ehh you'll see. Just more WERK!

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Oh, this is gonna be gooooood.

Considering I don't wanna lose this time, I'm gonna start things out with...
    Well, we may as well get you that snorlax battle that you wanted. Get out here, Ralphie!
    (male Snorlax, @Immunity)

This will be exciting indeed.

Let's start things out with a bit of randomness by using Metronome! Then we'll do some damage with a focus blast! Then we'll end the round with a brick break, because why not?

Master Trainer

Start with Focus Blast. Then take his Focus Blast and Amnesia it. Finish with Counter.

Veteran Trainer

Newness!

===Stipulations===

Arena: Combat Disco

===Battlers===

===Round 1===

It's a new month here, and Oslo seems itching for some battle time. His Gym, being the newest on the block in relative time, has been sponsoring challengers left and right. Well tonight is no exception. The interior is pumping as always, with a little Starships are meant to fly in the background. DJ QS is spinning on the ones and twos, and Oslo is decked out in full disco cheer gear.

Bt...is not amused. In fact, hoo snap, he's fresh off his battle with Razor and thinks he has the skills to take down the Disco fiend. In a show of possibly sheer arrogance or brilliance, a Snorlax to rival Oslo's Warrior is released and instantly the two have a sleepy eye off. Ralphie lifts his hand and wiggles his stubs, to create a rocky orb of considerable weight! This orb comes smashing down atop of Warriors gut, and he curls over to deal. Had Snore been a bird, that would have knocked it right out of the sky. Snore retaliates with a massive gut of energy.

This energy disperses at such a fantastic rate that I swear it WAS a starship. Ralphie didn't see it coming either, and lied there after it left him smoldering and wishing he wasn't so....normal.

Ra: -5E/-20H ~~~ SW: -10E/-6H

In eagerness to keep this a fairly even battle, Snore walks toward Ralphie as the Snorlax readies a Blast all his own. The strike comes and does the same to Warrior, tearing health from body and leaving him weaker for the course. But Snore is clapping the whole way through. It seems each clap is deafening, to the point where Ralphie seems to be at a loss about what it was he just accomplished.

Ra: -10E Amn: FB~~~ SW: -4E/-20H

Shrugging off the forgetful feeling, Ralphie grunts and makes that weird fat bouncy sound before swinging his fist right for Snore. Snore catches the fist wit his open palm and pulls. This give Ralphie a unnecessary loss in gravity and the fat one falls. When fat people fall, it hurts more than when skinny people fall. Nice Counter there, Snore.

Ra: -6E/-40H ~~~ SW: -6E/-10H

===End Stats===

Oslo

Last edited by DarkestLight; 3rd November 2012 at 07:26 PM.

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Let's go with Focus Blast, Shock Wave, Blizzard.

Sub: Counter Physical Fighting moves.

Elite Trainer

Use Whirlwind to Send that Focus Blast away (or, better yet, back at him)

Next, let's use Yawn.

Then finish this round up with block.

Veteran Trainer

Newness!

===Stipulations===

===Battlers===

===Round 2===

Ralphie felt a bit lopsided after that last blast. But Snore was just like him, so he knew just what needed to be done. As Warrior pumped up a second blast of intense magnitude, Ralphie took in a deep breath, and let out a deep breath of air.

The air localized itself right in front of Snore and whipped around with such velocity that the Blast Snore blindly released was instantly caught in its matrix. The Whirlwind spun toward the crowd, whom instantly separated outward to allow it a path. Both Laxes watched the massive blast rotate away, Ralphie glad that worked!

Ra: -7E ~~~ SW: -10E

Ralphie, glad to have deterred that powerful blast, now felt a bit safer in this matchup. Yawning, Ralphie accidentally left himself open to a electric blast from Snore, whom was going all out in this match. Snore watched the electric attack cycle around Ralphie, before feeling his body grow weaker. Damn, he was sleepy now.

Ra: -3E/-6H ~~~ SW: -5E Drw

Knowing his foe would soon be down, Ralphie took a step back. Snore had a full head of steam though, and whipped his arms back and forth to stir up a roar from the crowd as well as throw a Blizzard Ralphie's way. The thick fighter stood through the cold, and completed his silent cursing.

As the chill finished ripping Ralphie down to size, Snore fell over-out like a log.

Ra: -5E/-12H ~~~ SW: -10E Slp

===End Stats===

BT

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

Stockpile ~ Stockpile ~ Stockpile

Dynamic Punch ~ Toxic ~ Zap cannon

Confusion + Poison + Paralysis = eff yes

Master Trainer

Welp, Immunity will at least help us out with that there Toxic.

Now, spam Sleep Talk. If awake, Focus Blast aplenty.

Veteran Trainer

Silly BT. Same damn Pokemon too? XD

Newness!

===Stipulations===

===Battlers===

===Round 3===

Fitting. Adele is playing and Warrior is asleep. Why is she still top 40? Ugh, anyway. Ralphie decides to play status quo, emphasis on the status. With his rather large opponent perfectly still, he winds back..and connects a wallop of a punch that manages to make the gelatinous belly of the warrior jiggle for a few minutes.

Snore rolls over once, and seems to curl up a little. Heh.

Ra: 6E ~~~ SW: -4E/-12H Cfn +1 Def

Snore manages to attack first this go around, sleeping his way into a biting motif, and Crunching Ralphie's foot. The massive beast hopped on one foot and tried to spit in Warrior's face, to nil effect.

Oh yeah, same species :/

Same species :/

Same :/

Ra: -3E/-9H ~~~ SW: -4E

One attack left. Thinking outside the box, Ralphie places both hands on Snore's back,and generates a crapton of electricity. It radiates down from Ralphie into Snore at an accelerated pace. So much so that the Warrior wakes up! The record skips as he bounds to his feet from the pain of paralysis

Ra: -10E ~~~ SW: -13H Par

===End Stats===

Oslo

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Focus Blasts aplenty!

Hyper Voice if Amnesia'd. Snatch what you can bar Rest. Protect against Selfdestructs and damage-dealing combos.

Elite Trainer

UGH! How'd I forget Immunity?! xD

Well at least you got parafusion working against you.

Let's take a chance and make a medium substitute, then Focus Punch, and then a dynamic Punch to keep the confusion up.

Veteran Trainer

Newness!

===Stipulations===

===Battlers===

===Round 4===

As the Top 40 hits blare on (Mayer Hawthorne? Really?), Ralphie tries to extend his survivability. Taking a huge risk, he uses some of the floor tile and creates a Substitute mosaic of himself. One that takes the full brunt of a headbutt, thanks to Warrior not knowing what the hell he's doing.

Ra: -7E/-10H Sub: 1 ~~~ SW: -5E

Ralphie knows this is going to have to come down to a really focused hit, and as such bends down and waits. Snore hoists hisself up on his arms and knees (where?) and bellows out another Blast. The Substitute shingles shatter and through the wake of falling floor tile flies a fist of fury. Snore's face shifts in accordance with the hefty blow, and is blown backwards.

Ralphie pants, but keeps up the pressure

Ra: -10E Sub dead ~~~ SW: -10E/-18H

Snore grunts, reeling from the blow. Confusion is gone. But paralysis isn't! It strikes and Snore is left to weather the full brunt of a Dynamic uppercut!

Ra: -10E ~~~ SW: -10H Par

This is a nail biter and its only the first set of Pokemon. This titanic tussle of tubby thrusters is quite...thrilling!

===End Stats===

BT

Last edited by DarkestLight; 5th November 2012 at 10:39 PM.

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

Where's the confusion from the dynamic Punch? xD

There's only one way to end this... SPAM DYNAMIC PUNCH AND HOPE PARAHAX WORKS xDDDD

Master Trainer

We dun need to be 3/5 for Parahax! Protect + Refresh + Shock Wave!

Veteran Trainer

Newness!

===Stipulations===

===Battlers===

===Round 5===

Hrm. Well now. Tubby against Tubby. Tubby over here swings a fist out, ready to rally a V against the incumbent. The fist hits tubby! No wait. It doesn't It hits barrier. But Ralphie isn't quitting, he's pushing down on it as harsh as possible. Behind the barrier however, Warrior uses up a great deal of energy to replenish its health and stature. By the time it rallies to use a Shockwave, Ralph has just about nothing left.

Ralph's body tingles from the explosion of energy the Protect releases in electrified form, and he falls out. Bout damn time, Snorlaxes are so lame.

Ra: -6E/-3H ~~~ SW: -20E

And the DJ switches up the track. The base vanishes, and all we hear is Kenny G? Easy Listening. Ha.

===End Stats===

BT release and Oslo attax

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

well, that was a bust. I was hoping to take one of HIS pokemon down first xD

Let's see who's up next, then...

Alright. Let's bring out Sake, my male mienshao with Regenerator.

Master Trainer

I thought I was toast for sure. Good work, Snore.

I don't see us doing any damage this round, but let's SELFDESTRUCT anyway.

Elite Trainer

Use protect, and create a substitute while in that protect. I don't care about energy cost, let's just do it!

Protect + Substitute

Veteran Trainer

Newness!

===Stipulations===

===Battlers===

===Round 6===

As the air stems from the strange beats-a hiss begins to grow. Its growing with energy, and its coming from Snore. He's billowing up energy and..O JEEZ!

The resulting explosion of energy is ridiculous. Sake had enough time to prepare, but the Selfdestruct wave were pretty powerful at this proximity. By the third wave, the Protect was done, and now the Substitute was taking the damage from the Selfdestruct.

The club was still standing, but Snore was down. Sake breathed a sigh of relief, knowing this was only the start.

Sa: -20E ~~~ SW: -12E/Ded

And the DJ switches up the track. No more Kenny G! Now its...Whoa Rock!

===End Stats===

os release, BT

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Not underestimating Sake like I did during our first fight!

Bronzasaurus Rex, you're up. Ability is Levitate.

Elite Trainer

rock types, huh? much better.

Use Aura Sphere, then Focus Blast, then Aura Sphere.

In the first instance that he uses Amnesia, use toxic. (lolyay no steel type no mo). Use substitute in the first instance of any status moves.

Master Trainer

Hypnosis + Snatch to steal his Sub. Then Heavy Slam.

Elite Trainer

f....f....S.

Veteran Trainer

This is hilarious. Just,..BT's reactions XD

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer

Newness!

===Stipulations===

===Battlers===

===Round 7===

Alright. Get some Rock going on. People get into it, and hey, who doesn't love themselves some...wait Blue Oyster Cult is considered Rock? Hell I'm down. Love me some Don't Fear the Reaper. Everyone is rocking cowbells, and heh, even Oslo releases the biggest bell of them all.

Sake doesn't like the shift in his typing all that much, but he knows how to get around it. The scraps of floor time from the last attempt at a Substitute are quickly scooped up and constructed, but that are suddenly snatched away. In respect, he was traded a nice dosage of sleepytime woowoo's

Sa: -6E/-10H Slp ~~~ BR: -6E Sub: 10

Sake stands there, groggy as all heck. I really don't know how's he going to make it though thi-uh oh! Bronzasaurus really gets into the song and flips over itself before Slamming on Sake's head. The Mienshao just slams face first into the ground-completely out. I don't know if it's unconscious or asleep. Might be a while before it stands back up.

Sa: X_Z -14H ~~~ BR: -7E

Yeah, like I said. I really can't tell. It's like the one person that wanted to crowd surf, but once he jumped everyone moved away.

===End Stats===

Os

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Block, Flash Cannon, Gyro Ball. Snatch what you can bar Rest, but not if you be Taunted.

Elite Trainer

Let's take advantage of 2 abilities, shall we?

Switching out! SAKE, return, quickly, before the Block takes effect!

Let's go, SnAKE!

Servine w/ @Contrary :3

Use LEAF STORM! Twice!

Master Trainer

Lol, oh you and your carnival tricks...

Veteran Trainer

Off work before 6:30?

REFFING ALL THE BATTLES!

Newness!

===Stipulations===

===Battlers===

===Round 8===

This rock collection is all sorts of random. Mainly because now it's Queen. Hell to the yea. Everyone already has take their spots and Rhapsody starts! Because EVERYONE knows the words to this song!

It's so awesom--wait what? Sake doesn't? The hell!

Is this real life?
    Is this just fantasy? How can you NOT KNOW THE WORDS TO RHAPSODY!

BT: Well DL, you gotta open your eyes
    Look up to the skies and see
    I'm just a poor boy, From later than 1993
    Because I'm easy come, easy go
    I will not lose to Oslo,
    So Sake's going to return to me, to me

!! She LEAVES? DURING RHAPSODY! THAT'S PREPOSTEROUS! Even Bronz tries to make her stay but it's a little slow on the Block-take. But that's ok. We get Snake, who is an instant fan. Thank god. Even though her type changes to rock, she still is cool.

BT: DL, I had to man
    In order to stay ahead
    Had to recall or she'd be dead
    But this battle has just begun
    But now I've gone and swapped Sake away
    DL, ooo
    Didn't mean to make you cry
    If she'd not back again this time tomorrow
    Carry on, carry on, continue reffing cause it matters

Sn: o.o *Locked in* ~~~ BR: -5E

Oslo: I see, I see, I see BT's little plan
    Bronzasaur, Bronzasaur will you do a Flash Cannonball!!

BT: Snake, quickly Leaf Storm! - very very frightening me

DL: Gallileo, Gallileo,
    Gallileo, Gallileo,
    Gallileo Figaro - magnificoOOOOOOOOOooOoOooO!

The storm whips up and around Bronzor's Sub, just reeling the massive bell back into the nearest subwoofer. The club roars at this performance, as a Flash Cannon traverses the distance, slamming Snake on her front.

Sn: -12E/-14H +2SpA ~~~ BR: -7E Sub: Boom.

BT: I may be just a poor boy and nobody loves me
    But I'm taking this Gym Badge away with me!

Oslo: Spare him Bronzasaur, from this monstrosity
    Easy come easy go - hit him with a Gyro Ball!

BT: Bismillah! No - Counter with Leaf Storm - Oslo: Gyro Ball!
    BT: Counter with Leaf Storm - Oslo: Gyro Ball! (never)
    BT: Counter with Leaf Storm - Oslo: Gyro Ball!
    BT: USE THE DAMN LEAF STORM - DL: ooo
    DL: No, no, no, no, no, no, no -

And the attacks occur! With that souped up strength, Snake is able to really lay damage down on Bronzasaur. The retaliation is quite nominal as well, the steel sphere spinning into Snake's chest and burrowing quite rapidly before exploding.

Sn: -12E/-20H +2SpA ~~~ BR: -8E/-28H

===End Stats===

BT

Sake: 66/74 (+7) I

Way too much fun writing this round
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 14th November 2012 at 11:47 PM. Reason: 1) Regen added 2) Stupid old table

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

DL... I have no words. BEST REFFING EVER. (Even better than the "For Stephanie?" during my Gym match with Ayeun last summer!)

This especially:

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestLight View Post
    Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? How can you NOT KNOW THE WORDS TO RHAPSODY!
    BO RHAP. <3

Veteran Trainer

::Edits:: First verse is in there twice..but Yeah, I just tweaked out XD

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

that. was. amazing. OH MY GOD. So damn pro!

3 things, though.
    1. Don't forget Sake's Regeneration, just to remind you :3
    2. I don't recall my servine being asleep
    3. It's oslo's turn to attack, not mine OH WAIT THAT LAST ONE WAS MY MISTAKE, HOLD ON A SECOND!

Alright, let's start this turn off with a Sunny Day. Can't go wrong with that.

Next, we'll have you use Giga Drain, just 'cause you can.

Then end the round with a Leaf Tornado.

Alright, I'm gonna pause here to praise god for Servine and its pretty awesome moveset.

If they use protect, use Synthesis to heal up.
    Snatch any self-benefiting moves (except for rest).
    Use taunt at the first instance of them trying to send a status move your way.
    Last edited by BTPoke; 14th November 2012 at 09:09 PM.

Master Trainer

Haha, nope on the third one. It is indeed your turn.

Elite Trainer

lol corrected

Master Trainer

Lead with Gyro Ball. Follow with Protect + Snatch to give yourself a major health boost.

Fortunately, that last one is a Leaf Tornado and not a Leaf Storm so it shouldn't be too unbearable...

Elite Trainer

lol how're you gonna snatch anything whilst you're within that protective bubble? :3