Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey Oslo, I challenge your gym!

Does it look like I care? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Hey Oslo, I challenge your gym!

Same here till I read it carefully, anyway lets use a rock slide then a sketch a safeguard and finally fire blast

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker
    Adventure, another Pokemon Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    I'm sorry, you're confusing me with someone who gives a shit.

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Aww, crap. Forgot it was my turn.

Attract, Giga Drain, Thunderbolt.

GYM BATTLE
    GYM LEADER OSLO v. EMERALD_GEN.3
    3-v-3

Arena
    Combat Disco!
    Quietly tucked away in the club district of some unspecified Norwegian city, Combat Disco has rapidly become the new face of the local nightlife. The establishment primarily consists of one rather massive dance floor with pulsating strobe lights. Numerous tables and chairs are clustered near the walls and a bar replete with all sorts of libations sits in the corner. This dance-battle fusion club is known for its eclectic repertoire of music—here, everything from cozy little acoustic ditties to explosive heavy metal outbursts to old-school video game melodies can be heard nightly. Curiously enough, the music tends to have an impact on the dancers.
    Song - Kansas - Carry On (My Wayward Son)

Round NINE
    Princesse, begining to feel a bit threatened by this foe, decides to appeal to his sexuality. With a few few failed attempts to be flirtacious (who would be attracted to a tarantula anyway?), Princesse suddenly remembers that she's got access to pheremones and releases them into the air like a cloud of spores. Picasso becomes enamored with the smell, and ultimately becomes torn between his love for his trainer and his love for his opponent. It doesn't bode well.

Princesse ~ -2PP // Attracted, <3 ~ Picasso

Feeling pleased that she's still got it, Princesse now takes advantage of Picasso's trust and begins siphoning away at his lifeforce, tacking what she steals onto her own. Picasso flinches from the betrayal, but his feelings are still there. He wrestles with his feelings, but ultimately goes for protection and paints a large, glass veil around his body to protect himself from ailments.

Princesse ~ -4PP, +6HP // Safeguard activated, -7PP -11HP ~ Picasso
    null // Safeguard - 4 actions

Princesse summons a swift blade of lightning to strike down, hitting Picasso fiercely. He longs for retaliation but... she's just so damn pretty.

Princesse ~ -5PP // -1 Def, +2 Eva, <3, -14HP ~ Picasso
    null // Safeguard - 3 actions

Ref Notes:
    ~While under the effects of attract, Picasso will be forced to wrestle with his feelings and might be unable to directly attack Princesse; effects will fade quickly.~
    ~While under the effects of
    safeguard, Picasso will be immune to all status ailments, including confusion.~
    ~
    Sketch requires a lot of concentration to pull off; as a result, sketching new attacks will have a -1 Priority; any sketched object can be washed away if struck with a strong water-type attack.~
    ~Picasso's Sketches: Stone Transmutation Circle, Flame Transmutation Circle,
    Safeguard.~
    ~While Picasso has access to the transmutation circles, he will be able to use any non-legendary
    rock- and fire-type moves.~
    ~Blaziken is locked in the battle with 15/44.~
    ~
    Emerald_Gen.3 attacks first.~
    -Grey

Advanced Trainer

You there Picasso stop lovin' her and use your own attract then use Fire Blast twice. If she uses safeguard on the first action then use Fire Blast three times

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Master Trainer

Let's hope your Compoundeyes make up for his Evasion increase! Thunderbolt, Giga Drain, Thunderbolt.

Advanced Trainer

Hey Mr. Ref where are you?

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Master Trainer

Subref, please! Shouldn't have kiboshed Em's previous attempt to get one. :U

Layout Madman Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

This is not going to be a long battle anymore, so I could take this if nobody cares. I just have to read myself through all previous posts, to get a feeling for the arena and Greyfox' reffing style, aye? Tonight (That's for you at like, 5PM or something) I might be able to bring this up. (Or even earlier, lol.)
    (Don't worry, I can handle that many reffings, I have a lot of freetime, and I mostly do 2 a day, since there are a few commands missing in the other ones )

I'll wait for a response first, but prepare everything none the less, so you don't have to wait for too long afterwards (:
    Last edited by Puma; 30th June 2013 at 06:48 AM.
    Avatar drawn by the wonderful Cynder in reference to this! Go check her other art out! ^-^

Advanced Trainer

You have a really cool reffing style so if you want to do this then go ahead

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Master Trainer

Thanks, Puma.

GYM BATTLE
    GYM LEADER OSLO v. EMERALD_GEN.3
    3-v-3

Arena
    Combat Disco!
    Quietly tucked away in the club district of some unspecified Norwegian city, Combat Disco has rapidly become the new face of the local nightlife. The establishment primarily consists of one rather massive dance floor with pulsating strobe lights. Numerous tables and chairs are clustered near the walls and a bar replete with all sorts of libations sits in the corner. This dance-battle fusion club is known for its eclectic repertoire of music—here, everything from cozy little acoustic ditties to explosive heavy metal outbursts to old-school video game melodies can be heard nightly. Curiously enough, the music tends to have an impact on the dancers.
    Song - Kansas - Carry On (My Wayward Son)

Round TEN
    While Princesse prepares for her next set of attacks, Picasso decides to fight attraction with attraction, and starts smearing paint all over himself in a pretty fashion. And then he gets struck by lightning. When the smoke clears, Princesse sees the smouldering pile of beagle and instantly feels a spark for him. Seriously?

Princesse ~ Attracted, -5PP // -2PP, </3, -14HP ~ Picasso
    null // Safeguard - 2 actions

Princesse now finds herself struggling as she fights her own attraction, similarly to how Picasso had to the round before. Ultimately, however, she prevails and latches her tendrils onto her opponent and sucks him off. There's... gotta be a better way to say that. Picasso pulls himself together and waves his tail about like a sorceror's cane, summoning a pentagram flame to envelope Princesse -- dealing great damage.

Princesse ~ -4PP, +6HP, -25HP // -7PP -11HP ~ Picasso
    null // Safeguard - 1 action

As much as Princesse longs for retaliation, she just ca't bring herself to do it. This is very unfortunate for her, however, as Picasso lets the fire rain down upon her once more, thus ending the attraction.

Princesse ~ <3, -25HP, </3> // -1 Acc, +2 Acc, -7PP ~ Picasso

Ref Notes:
    ~Sketch requires a lot of concentration to pull off; as a result, sketching new attacks will have a -1 Priority; any sketched object can be washed away if struck with a strong water-type attack.~
    ~Picasso's Sketches: Stone Transmutation Circle, Flame Transmutation Circle,
    Safeguard.~
    ~While Picasso has access to the transmutation circles, he will be able to use any non-legendary
    rock- and fire-type moves.~
    ~Blaziken is locked in the battle with 15/44.~
    ~
    Emerald_Gen.3 attacks first.~
    -Grey

Advanced Trainer

Just waiting for Greyfox here, he seems to be online and replying here, so I'll be patient
    EDIT: Nevermind. Have fun!
    Avatar drawn by the wonderful Cynder in reference to this! Go check her other art out! ^-^

Master Trainer

Thanks anyway for the offer, Puma! Anyway, Oslo attacks first.

Tough break, Princesse. Let's end him by spamming Faint Attack!

If he does a damage-dealing combo, Protect against it.

Advanced Trainer

Fire Blast three times

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Advanced Trainer

Sorry to double post but bumping this to the front page

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Master Trainer

Em, since Grey's ASB interest is pretty low at the moment, do you think we should give the subref thing another go? Puma just messaged me asking if we want him to take this one. I'm game if you are!

Advanced Trainer

I'm game, lets just get this done :/

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Advanced Trainer

Alright, hopefully getting this up tomorrow, since I'll have a hard time updating this the next 3 days. Only 3 though, after that I should be able to ref like 6~7 things a day c:

Advanced Trainer

Alright, so this is how I'm going to do this. Every rule for moves and status conditions that is currently in effect will stay as it is. I'll go for Grey's interpretation of things, so at least until Picasso fainted, we'll have a smooth continuation. If you want me too, I could also use Grey's template, so it looks consistent, but that's up to you! I roll with mine while waiting for an answer. Also, excuse me for not completely forging a new template for a gym battle, but it's only a subref. If I ever happen to ref your Gym again, I shall forge you some awesomeness. (:

TEAM
    Gym Leader Oslo vs. Emerald_Gen.3
    These two dance-crazy combatants are duking it out under the following conditions! It'd be pretty cool of you read them, as people are sayin' they contain helpful information!

Arena
    => Combat Disco
    [ Quietly tucked away in the club district of some unspecified Norwegian city, Combat Disco has rapidly become the new face of the local nightlife. The establishment primarily consists of one rather massive dance floor with pulsating strobe lights. Numerous tables and chairs are clustered near the walls and a bar replete with all sorts of libations sits in the corner. This dance-battle fusion club is known for its eclectic repertoire of music—here, everything from cozy little acoustic ditties to explosive heavy metal outbursts to old-school video game melodies can be heard nightly. Curiously enough, the music tends to have an impact on the dancers. ]

DQ Time
    => 7 days. Plenty of time!
    => Note that DQ Time only comes into effect, when one of the combatants call it.

Rules
    => 3 Pokémon confronted in a 1 v 1 situation. If all three Pokémon fainted, the battle is over.
    => There's no damage cap. Get rolling!

Additions
    => I'm too busy dancing, as if I could determine the one with the upper hand here.
    => The Song gets changed after every Pokémon fainted, causing different evil shenanigans.

Current Song: Oldies [ Kansas: Carry on ]
    ...Prearrangements t(ツ)_/Ż...

------------------------------------------
    ♣ROUND 11♣

Aaaalllright! What's up you two! Let's turn up the heat! The commands are given, while the referee starts to dance for no specified purpose. Whatever, let's focus on the Pokémon! La Princess vanishes into the shadows... or lights if you put it that way. Picasso has a hard time focussing, he knows, if he hits that next fire blast, he could get out of this battle victorious. Watching from side to side in a hectic way, he finally decides on a direction and sends out the enormous wave of flames. However, he doesn't land the hit and gets rammed from behind. Aw!
    [ -0 HP | -8 EP | ~ ]
    [ -9 HP | -11 EP | ~ ]

Picasso has a last trick up his sleeves. While Galvantula vanishes, he prepares for another blast of fire, but this time with extra 3,4456% fire power. Holy shit, he takes the gloves of now! He should've spend these 3% on accuracy though, as the super hot extreme fire blast misses his target completely, resulting in an easy win for the dance floor colored spider!
    [ -0 HP | -8 EP | ~ ]
    [ -5 HP | -10 EP | Fainted! ]

...Afterwards...

Referee Notes
    • Emerald_Gen.3 will release and issue his commands next!
    • Leader Oslo's remaining Pokémon: [?]
    • The Song played next will be Country! [ 16th Avenue ] srsly dun't judge meh I just opened a list of country songs and picked one randomly D:
      For the Lazy: The name of the move you pick, has to be under 9 characters, including punctuation and spaces.
    • If the Energy of a Pokémon happens to reach 0, it will lose 1 HP for every 2 EP consumed. Also, it's action pool is reduced to two per round. However, the effect of "Relax" is doubled.

Last edited by Puma; 15th July 2013 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Wrong ability for Princess

Advanced Trainer

Alright last pokemon Blazer (Blaziken/M/Speed Boost) you're back in. Start off with a Dig and when you come up coat yourself with Overheat to cause extra damage...

Dig(Down)~Dig(Up)+Overheat
    Last edited by Emerald_Gen.3; 15th July 2013 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Blazer has Speed Boost not Blaze

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Advanced Trainer

Someone should have looked at the arena before issuing. Just sayin' (:
    I just hope for the we(s)t results. Okay, I suck at puns, stop laughing at me >_>

Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    Someone should have looked at the arena before issuing. Just sayin' (:
    I just hope for the we(s)t results. Okay, I suck at puns, stop laughing at me >_>

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Master Trainer

Princesse, create a tiny Substitute! Then, wait for him to surface and hit him with Thunderbolt. Finish with Giga Impact!

EDIT: OH SHIT THE MUSIC IS COUNTRY I SUCK
    Last edited by Oslo; 15th July 2013 at 01:20 PM.

Advanced Trainer

u guyz r funneh : D

TEAM
    These two dance-crazy combatants are duking it out under the following conditions! It'd be pretty cool of you read them, as people are sayin' they contain helpful information!

Arena
    => Combat Disco
    [ Quietly tucked away in the club district of some unspecified Norwegian city, Combat Disco has rapidly become the new face of the local nightlife. The establishment primarily consists of one rather massive dance floor with pulsating strobe lights. Numerous tables and chairs are clustered near the walls and a bar replete with all sorts of libations sits in the corner. This dance-battle fusion club is known for its eclectic repertoire of music—here, everything from cozy little acoustic ditties to explosive heavy metal outbursts to old-school video game melodies can be heard nightly. Curiously enough, the music tends to have an impact on the dancers. ]

DQ Time
    => Note that DQ Time only comes into effect, when one of the combatants call it.

Rules
    => 3 Pokémon confronted in a 1 v 1 situation. If all three Pokémon fainted, the battle is over.

Additions
    => I'm too busy dancing, as if I could determine the one with the upper hand here.
    => The Song gets changed after every Pokémon fainted, causing different evil shenanigans.

Current Song: Country [ 16th Avenue ]

♣ROUND 12♣

While the ref continues his stupid dancing moves, the next and last Pokémon of Em enters the battlefield. A near-death Blaziken. How nice. The commands are given, and the Pokémon, once again, start moving. Blaziken almost instantly digs down through the dance floor, and suddenly a loud splash is heard. Well, that was dumb. Princesse thinks about awesome defense plans but is way too busy dancing to the music as if she could put the Substitute up.
    [ -0 HP | -0 EP | Can't move! (Arena) ]
    [ -0 HP | -6 EP | ~ ]

The Galvantula waits for his opponent to come back up again, but absolutely nothing happens. You still hear a few splashes, probably coming from a drowning Blaziken. Yeah, my ears are that good, deal with it! A few flames emerge from the hole Blaze dug before, but the combo doesn't work out as planned at all. A team of competent trainers will bring her back to the dance floor soon. Instead of zapping down the hole, Princesse just starts dancing to the music again. What a cool round!
    [ -0 HP | -8 EP | ~ ]

But wait! There's more! Princesse has prepared another move, but ends up dancing again. Hell yeah. Blazer in the meantime is drying himself with a few well-placed Embers.
    [ -0 HP | -0 EP | ~ ]

At least SOMETHING damages Blaziken this round. It hurts a bit, but is still bearable.

[ -5 HP ]

...Afterwards...

Referee Notes
    • Leader Oslo will issue his commands next!
    • I counted the rounds Blaziken was recalled, and added 3 energy per round.
    • I see you've already noticed, but all your moves failed because they had more than 8 characters.
    • If the Energy of a Pokémon happens to reach 0, it will lose 1 HP for every 2 EP consumed. Also, it's action pool is reduced to two per round. However, the effect of "Relax" is doubled.

Last edited by Puma; 16th July 2013 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Song was wrong.

Master Trainer

Country allows for moves that are nine characters or less, so at least Em's first attack should have worked. Will wait for you to see this before I issue commands as it might impact the next round.

Advanced Trainer

It did work, but failed due to his arena fail. (:
    Also, Overheat has 8 characters, so it would've worked too, but he pretty much screwed up with this splashing dig-dive.

Master Trainer

'Kay, I really need to put on my reading glasses. Thought Dig had been prevented by Country for some reason.

Let's take this one home, Princesse!

Thunder ~ Discharge ~ Discharge

Advanced Trainer

Dig (up)~Overheat~Overheat

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Advanced Trainer

You realize that you are above ground already, yea? Because dig up seems like a weird choice for someone at the surface. Maybe you want to dig into the ceiling? I'll never know.

Advanced Trainer

I thought it failed, maybe we all need new glasses on this forum...

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Advanced Trainer

Yeah, the attack attempt did fail. But I did write out that Blaziken got transported back to the surface in the last sentence of the second action. You may reissue the first command.

Advanced Trainer

Overheat three times

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Advanced Trainer

TEAM

Arena
    => Combat Disco

DQ Time

Rules

Additions

Current Song: Country [ 16th Avenue ]

♣ROUND 13♣

We are reaching the great finale! Blaziken, abusing his speed boost powers, instantly turns up the heat, completely melting the battlefield away. Princesse just stands there, watching as the floor a few metres away get's completely eradicated. Oh noez! She responds with a well aimed thunder to the Blaziken's face, knocking it out in the process. And with that, we have a winner!
    [ -0 HP | -10 EP | ~ ]
    [ -13 HP | -12 EP | Special Attack (-2) | Fainted ]

...Afterwards...

And that concludes the Gym Battle! Since I can't seem to find the tower of the ascended anymore, I just assume that Oslo gets some kind of Gym Reward, as well as 6 points, while Em steps away with 3. (I guess? D: )

Also, I get... absolutely nothing. But it was nice to ref this battle for you to the end! Lemme get my Pidgey and Fly off! SEE YA!

(Oh, yeah, Grey also gets 6 points, as he did most of the work in advance)

Referee Notes
    • Wow. Why did I bug you to reissue your commands if my RNG doesn't want you to hit the moves anyway... I don't know.

Last edited by Puma; 18th July 2013 at 06:52 PM.

Master Trainer

Good battle, Em! Thanks for stepping in, Puma.

I think I'll take you up on your challenge offer right now... *goes to make thread*

Advanced Trainer

Good battle Oslo I think I'll have to challenge you with some better strategy next time but expect me soon

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker