Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knight of Time vs. Rossymore (ref: DarkestLight)

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Default Knight of Time vs. Rossymore (ref: DarkestLight)

Alright, I've been fairly quiet here these days, so I'm going to issue an open challenge, preferring to battle someone I haven't battled before (e.g. someone like BTPoke, Cynder, ChobiChibi, Underscore, etc.), please.

Rules:

3 on 3 (one out at a time)
    You choose first
    I attack first
    DQ: 1 week
    Arena: Indigo Stadium
    Banned moves: Attract, Captivate, non-damaging healing moves (e.g. Rest but not Giga Drain)
    Last edited by Knight of Time; 17th March 2013 at 05:56 PM.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: Knight of Time vs. ? (ref: Mr. Nobody)

Either I have never battled you before, or it's been a long damn time. Regardless, you up for it?

Default Re: Knight of Time vs. ? (ref: Mr. Nobody)

I can remember we had a few attempts to battle that didn't go very far, but hopefully this one will go all the way to the end.

Go ahead Rossy, I'm ready when you are.
    Knight of Time

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Elite Trainer

Default Re: Knight of Time vs. Rossymore (ref: Mr. Nobody)

Shall do, but it seems my sig has gone missing. Drat.

Regardless, Samayouru, female Dusclops with Pressure, let's win this!

Huh, is that the same Dusclops you used when I sub-reffed your double battle with MLG a couple of years ago?

Anyway, I wouldn't count on winning this one that easily. Sabre, once again I need your assistance!

Sabre is my male Absol, and he has Pressure also.

Alright Sabre, let's set this thing in motion!

Start by using a barrage of Dark Pulses on the Dusclops.

As for subs, use Magic Coat or Snatch if any situation occurs where you can reflect any applicable non-damaging move back (e.g. Torment, Toxic) or steal the effects of a beneficial non-damaging move (e.g. Substitute, Double Team), but be ready to disappear and reappear in a flash with a Faint Attack powered strike if she attempts to use a supereffective Fighting type move on you!
    Knight of Time

Elite Trainer

Ah yes, the sub moves, since your Pokemon obviously know what moves I'm going to do and prepare the perfect counter for it. I think it should only really work if you're faster, which you are.

Therefore, Trick Room, then Calm Mind x2.

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: Knight of Time vs. Rossymore (ref: Mr. Nobody HAS A NAME!)

Later.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Default Re: Knight of Time vs. Rossymore (ref: Mr. Nobody HAS A NAME!)

Thanks, Darkly man.

Now this is really starting to feel like old times.
    Knight of Time

Veteran Trainer

Default Re: Knight of Time vs. Rossymore (ref: DarkestLight)

Yeah, except me being unable to ref every hour.

Takin' it back

===Stipulations===

You choose first
    I attack first
    Banned moves: Attract, Captivate, non-damaging healing moves (e.g. Rest but not Giga Drain)

===Battlers===

===Round 1===

Standing on this fabled field for over 16 years, I've seen greats come and go. I've seen greats rise up and fall from the ingenuity of newcomers with nothing but guts and heart. We may be in store for something of that caliber once more.

Knight of Time walks on the field, Sabre at his side. Rossy stands ready, snapping his fingers. The immaterium flashes into a form reminiscent of a massive dream bubble with a face of its own. It gloats, and slams its belly mouth closed as Sabre begins to wield its native energy within its head scythe.

The wolfish beast flicks its head down, releasing that blast right for Sama. Sama doesn't evade, but instead raises its hand as the blast renders its body invisible from the chest down for a moment. Those hands however, create a strange twist of reality, where Sama seems to benefit, but how is not apparent.

Sa: -8E ~~~ Sam: -7E/-16H
    TR: 3 rds

Sama gloats once more and takes the initiative. It calms down and seems to benefit from the boost, but now there's a problem. Allowing itself to go first now allows Sabre to literally WATCH HIM USE CALM MIND AND SNATCH IT?

TWICE!

Sa: -7E +2 SpA/D~~~ Sam: -10E

===End Stats===

Rossy

Last edited by DarkestLight; 20th March 2013 at 01:09 AM.

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Okay...I was just looking up some information about your Dusclops, Rossymore, and I have been noticing some stuff about it that has me baffled...when your Dusclops evolved for the first time, you mentioned it to be a female, yet in the battle you had with MLG (the one I sub-reffed), you mentioned it to be a male, then changed its gender once again to female in this battle...so the $64,000 question here is, why were you doing that? Unless you forgot your Dusclops' gender, this concept of a Pokemon going from being a female to being a male in one battle, and then to go back to a female for another battle (or the other way around) is something that just doesn't compute to me...I am presuming your Dusclops was always female (including the time she was a Duskull), am I right?

Anyway, I didn't want to bring this up in the first place, but when I notice an oddity in ASB, it's not exactly easy to ignore, you know?
    Knight of Time

Elite Trainer

Yeah, I forgot that it was female for MLG's battle, but then corrected it this time around when I was looking at what Pokemon to use. I also noticed I had my Dusclops with Levitate... which is doesn't get, so it now has the correct ability of Pressure.

And, yeah, DL, it's a DusCLOPS, not a DusKNOIR. Maybe I'll evolve it eventually. And for the round just gone, I was thinking opposite to how I should have, whoops.

Well, hit it on the weaker defensive side with Brick Break, then slow it down with Icy Wind, finish with, uh, Flash, I guess. I'll come up with a strategy soon.

Sabre, let's take advantage of Trick Room here, use Payback twice to give Samayouru a painful double smackdown, then use Magic Coat to reflect that Flash back at her!
    Knight of Time

Veteran Trainer

Takin' it back

===Stipulations===

You choose first
    I attack first

===Battlers===

===Round 2===

Sama does not seem phased by the lack of defenses. Instead of throwing a ghastly fit, the phantom strides forward and slams its fists into the thieving wolf's head. Sabre grunts, but slashes right back at the ghost's knees. Sama kneels, pained by the strike.

Sa: -6E/-12H ~~~ Sam: -8E/-20H

Sama forces itself back on the offensive, and creates a freezing blast that pushes Sabre back a moment. The wolf growls, before slashing at the ghost's knees once again. Sama looks pretty aggravated with all of the simple strikes that hurt!

Sa: -6E/-4H -Spd ~~~ Sam: -5E/-20H

Sabre growls and shakes the icy chips off its white coat. As it turns to look at the ailing ghost, it preemptively creates a barrier around itself. All at once, a vaporizing white light blinds everyone.

Once it clears, ....its Sama who seems to be blinded, its monoocular shut to the world as it flails about.

Sa: -6E ~~~ Sam: -4E -Acc

===End Stats===

Kot

Entertaining quotes!

Excellent work so far Sabre, this should keep Samayouru in a tough spot as long as she cannot hit you with Pain Split.

If she does indeed try to make a connection to you using Pain Split on any or all of her actions, I want you to use Quick Attack to dash all over the place so that Pain Split has a very hard time connecting, otherwise, keep using Payback on the turns she tries to attack you on, or the subs of Snatch or Magic Coat if she tries to use a move subject to the effects of either Snatch or Magic Coat.
    Knight of Time

Elite Trainer

All of these damn sub moves are making it so I can barely do anything. Use Mean Look to keep that damn thing in place, since you're faster, it won't be able to react in time to the move you're using.

Then use another Brick Break, get hit by Payback, then use Disable. Enough of that move.

Veteran Trainer

Adapted in 2 rounds. Impressed, Rossy.

Takin' it back

===Stipulations===

You choose first
    I attack first

===Battlers===

===Round 3===

Sama is slowly realizing that the wolf is still maintaining the upper hand. With all previous plans working against it, the phantom tries something different. It merely stares at the wolf. But the wolf is once again too damn fast, and stares right back. All of a sudden, Sama feels a bit trapped.

But the ghost smirks. Sabre looks perplexed.

Sa: -8E ~~~ Sam: -5E *Trapped*

The phantom moves awfully fast, knowing there's nothing else it can lose. With one fist, it uppercuts the wolf, in hopes of weakening it. Sabre takes the strike, but lands on its feet. In pure rage, the wolf lunges on Sama and slashes mercilessly. Threads and wrappings fly left and right, as the Dusclops renders itself limp to the whims of the raging Absol.

Sa: -7E/-12H ~~~ Sam: -8E/-20H

Now the trickery occurs. Instead of uppercutting again, Sama stays pinned down, but wraps the wolf in a white light. Sabre tries to move, but finds itself unable to actually complete its strike. Sama then flings the wolf away at the right moment, zapping all of its will to attack for the round.

Sabre looked just..confused. And this stupid room was still in effect? Jeez

Sa: *_* Stuck ~~~ Sam: -9E

===End Stats===

Rossy

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

Alright, we're in a bit of a pickle, but we can work around that, if priority didn't ignore Trick Room! Gah!

Go for Brick Break all the way. If it looks like you'll go down to the next attack Absol throws at you, Destiny Bond, yer takin' 'im with ya!

Sabre, use Taunt so that she cannot use Destiny Bond, then use a combo of Sucker Punch + Dark Pulse to try and KO her right there! With your Special Attack boosted, that combo should be able to do just enough to bring down the Dusclops!
    Knight of Time

Veteran Trainer

Takin' it back

===Stipulations===

You choose first
    I attack first

===Battlers===

===Round 4===

Sabre tries to take the lead in this match with a definitive statement. He calls the phantom a Michelin Man reject, and chortled at all of his missteps.

Well, if you chortled in front of me like an asinine little cub, you'd get punched in the face too. Show some class, Sabre.

Sa: -5E/-12H ~~~ Sam: -8E Tnt: 4 act

Shaking off the misery that was being punched square in the jaw by the dead collection of Bazooke Joe wrappers, Sabre wells up a rage filled attack. It flies out as a pinnacle of darkened energy from his scythe, which was the body part he chose to impale Sama with. Sama-unsure of the strength of the attack, slammed both hands down as the explosion of physical energy ripped through its system. Sabre buckled, but managed to fling the phantom aside after all was said and done.

Sa: -16E ~~~ Sam: -28H

===End Stats===

Rossy release your second, KOT attack

Entertaining quotes!

Hey Rossy, I see you've been really busy over the last several days, just curious to if you're going to have some time soon to post?
    Knight of Time

Elite Trainer

Damn essays and exams. Bring on summer!

Anyway, Volt Tail, female Raichu with Static is the next out.

Alright Sabre, we got ourselves an opponent we have to be really careful around...but as long as you avoid making physical contact with Volt Tail, you should be able to do some good damage with your other moves.

I want you to use as many Rock Slides as you can (I suppose they would have to magically drop from the sky) to try and get her literally between a rock and a hard place.

But, if necessary, I want you to be ready to use Snatch or Magic Coat against any move suspectible to the effects of either move, and if she tries to use a physically based supereffective move, throw a Toxic at her the first time she does it, while keeping your other Rock Slide(s) intact!
    Knight of Time

Veteran Trainer

Waiting on Rossy.

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

Wait until he Rock Slides, then Encore, locking him into that move. That should work, but if it doesn't and you somehow get Encored yourself, then Thunderbolt. If it is Encored, Brick Break it twice.

Veteran Trainer

Takin' it back

===Stipulations===

You choose first
    I attack first

===Battlers===

===Round 5===

With a comfortable lead, Sabre merely cut its eyes to see the sparking rat now ready to try and toss damage at it. Not wasting time, the wolf howls and causes stones of a sizeable girth to fall on Volt. She grunts a bit as the stones hit her, and Sabre see this as a easy win.

So easy in fact, that Sabre gets applause from under the debris. Volt digs out and claps her tail to her rump, smirking. Sabre grins right back, ready to cause some more damage.

Sa: -8E Enc' ~~~ Volt: -5E/-10H

Well, if she wants another...Who's Sabre to deny? He rears his head up, but then receives a severe pounding to his chest. Volt was quick to the draw this time, and there was nothing he could do about it. Sure, tehre were a few more rocks that came falling down on her once more, but now Sabre had something to worry about.

Sa: -8E/-12H ~~~ Volt: -8E/-10H

Not amused with that strike, Sabre held off on tossing any more rocks Volt's way. Not a good thing, as she ran at him and slammed his head in the ground with another forceful punch. Angered, Sabre thrust himself up and on top of Volt, before hacking a noxious gas in her face. The rat kicked Sabre off, but the damage was done. She felt hellaciously sick.

Sa: -3E/-12H ~~~ Volt: -8E Txc

It starts (3)

===End Stats===

Rossy

Entertaining quotes!

'sigh' Bumping once again for Rossy...you almost done of your schoolwork?
    Knight of Time

Elite Trainer

Swear Encore should last longer then that... anyway, Thunderbolt x3, but if it comes at you with a close physical move, hit it with Thunder Wave, then Thunderbolt the remaining actions.

Sabre, this could possibly be your last round or second last round in the battle, so let's make sure we don't put it to waste.

Use the remainder of your energy to hit Volt Tail hard with a Hex combo, preferably with a triple dose of the spell...but if you can only muster a combo of two Hexes, that is perfectly okay, as long as your Special Attack boosts from earlier can make the combo still deal a strong hit. No matter what Sabre, show Volt Tail that you still have some fight in you!
    Knight of Time

Veteran Trainer

Takin' it back

===Stipulations===

You choose first
    I attack first

===Battlers===

===Round 6===

Sabre scratches its claws into the ground, and tries for an enchantment to disable the beast from attacking. However, Volt has a better idea, and send a shock over to mess with the Absol's day. It does the trick well enough, but Sabre is not down for the count.

A second attempt, and Sabre is able to give a hell of a stinging sensation right back to Volt.

Sa: -12E/-12H ~~~ Volt: -7E/-21H

Barely able to attack, Sabre tries to mitigate the pain of being railed on by now one, but two more Thunderbolts in quick succession. But at the end of it all, it's a futile effort. Down he goes!

Sa: -24H ~~~ Volt: -14E

It starts (6)

===End Stats===

KOT release and attack

Entertaining quotes!

Good work Sabre, I had the slight feeling Volt Tail would do you in last round, but she isn't going to get very much further here once she sees who is out next.

'recalls his Absol, and readies another Pokeball'

King Boo, I need your assistance!

King Boo is my male Gengar, who of course has Levitate.

Okay King Boo, the quicker we bring down Volt Tail, the better, so start off by Taunting the Raichu until successful, then use Venoshock on your remaining actions!

However, if she tries to use any beneficial move, be ready to Snatch what you can, or if she tries to use Dig to escape any of your moves, use Disable to stop her from digging any holes!
    Knight of Time

Elite Trainer

Discharge x3. Cmon 30% para.

Veteran Trainer

Takin' it back

===Stipulations===

You choose first
    I attack first

===Battlers===

===Round 7===

Sabre out, KOT calls upon his next Pokemon. With a flash and a bang, King Boo appears and waves his arms maniacally. Volt takes a moment to asses the situation, and immediately charges up her body. The ghost keeps waving and Taunting her, but maybe you shouldn't taunt those that are already hell bent on attacking! The electric blast was more than enough to bring Boo to the ground for a moment. (-3)

Bo: -2E/-10H ~~~ Volt: -7E Tnt

And now Boo realized his mistake. That electric rat's output was incredible! With a powerful release of energy like this, Boo had only one choice. The phantom reached out and tried to bond with the poison in her blood. He was able to see the coursing fluid and tug on it, causing a temporary relief in the Discharge field he was trapped in. (-3)

Bo: -6E/-10H par ~~~ Volt: -7E/-14H

Volt shook off the groggyness of that attack, and regenerated another blast of power. Boo pulled on her poison bonds once more, but it wasn't enough to stop her. At the end of the round, both Pokemon seemed worse for wear, but at least Volt calmed down. (-3)

Bo: -6E/-10H ~~~ Volt: -7E/-14H

===End Stats===

Rossy

Last edited by DarkestLight; 15th June 2013 at 02:52 PM.

Entertaining quotes!

Uh, DarkestLight, how did the third Discharge do 20 damage to King Boo and use twice as much energy on Volt Tail's part (somehow that last Discharge was more like two)? Unless that was a critical hit, I'm just a little baffled (and presuming that Discharge doesn't do double damage when the opponent is paralyzed, right?).

Also, you might want to update the sprite you used for King Boo.
    Last edited by Knight of Time; 15th June 2013 at 02:28 PM.
    Knight of Time

Elite Trainer

Well, Thunderbolt, Discharge, Thunderbolt. Not much to do.

Heh, if you're trying to read my mind Rossy, you're doing a good job here.

King Boo, don't let that paralysis stop you from using Sucker Punch after Sucker Punch, if the paralysis doesn't stop you from moving on your first or second action, use that opportunity to combine Sucker Punch with a Venoshock for a fast knockout!
    Knight of Time

Veteran Trainer

Takin' it back

===Stipulations===

You choose first
    I attack first

===Battlers===

===Round 7===

With King Boo within striking range, Volt tries to release another crippling Thunderbolt. It succeeds, knocking Boo off of his feet. The paralyzed phantom ponders his predicament, irritated by all the electricity.(-4)

Bo: *par* -11H ~~~ Volt: -7E

All good runs must come to an end, and Volt was not immune to this fact either. A blur of purple and Volt fell over, dazed and dismantled.

Bo: -13E ~~~ Volt: Just lie there...

===End Stats===

Rossy releases his final Pokemon, KOT attacks.

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

Hmm, who haven't I used in a while? I think Chivee, my male Glaceon with Snow Cloak. Let's win this! Maybe...

A Glaceon huh? Alright, let's see how he fares against King Boo.

King Boo, we need to be ready for anything he can throw at us, so start by using Pain Split until you are successful (being as you'll likely take another hit before Pain Split can be successful), then if you have any remaining actions left, use Payback if you were dealt any damage directly from Chivee in the same action, or if not, cover him in a widely thrown Sludge Wave!

Snatch anything you can take from the Glaceon, and be ready to use Disable if he tries to evade one of your moves using Dig.
    Knight of Time

Elite Trainer

Well we're probably gonna get hit by the Pain Split, but no matter, summon up some Hail, blend it and strike with some powerful, accurate Blizzards.

Veteran Trainer

Takin' it back

===Stipulations===

You choose first
    I attack first

===Battlers===

===Round 8===

Down to his last, Rossy makes a call that well, is pretty damned smart. The ice eevee of legend appears, ready to dismantle that phantom. But King Boo is not fool, no. In it's weakened state-it knows that all that new luscious health can be his, all his.

Taking the time, Boo concentrates, and manages to secure an ethereal tether to Chivee, who seems relatively unconcerned with it. In fact, Chivee is just blatantly ignoring the health drain, as the clouds clamber over and start to really reduce the temperature.

Uh oh. Here comes the hail, and there goes the Glaceon! (-1)

Bo: -12E/+20H ~~~ Chi: -4E/-20H
    Hail: 7 act

Boo looked at the sky, already aggravated at the golf sized ice bricks falling on it. They were jarring. Not to mention now he had a hyped up Eeveeloution on his tail.

WHAM! There goes the first Blizzard of the summer. Wait, did I just say that? Yeap, yeap I did. Boo spins, confused by which direction it even came from, not to mention the damned paralysis came back with a vengeance. (-1)

Bo: *par* -15H ~~~ Chi: -9E

But revenge would he his. Boo vowed it. Too bad he can't vow when another blizzard wou-WHOO That was a nasty one! Boo fell over from the second blizzard strilke, and oh. my. god.

He's frozen! You gotta be kidding me! A frickin' freeze! (-1)

Chivee is playing for keeps, G!

Bo: *Frz* -15H ~~~ Chi: -9E

===End Stats===

Rossy

Entertaining quotes!