Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Oslo, I challenge your gym!

Does it look like I care? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Hey Oslo, I challenge your gym!

Its that time of the month again where I feel cocky as hell and I'm gonna challenge your gym. 6v6, you send first. DQ, how about a week. Seem good to you?

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker
    Adventure, another Pokemon Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    I'm sorry, you're confusing me with someone who gives a shit.

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Hey Oslo, I challenge your gym!

Yaaay! Challenge accepted!

Quietly tucked away in the club district of some unspecified Norwegian city, Combat Disco has rapidly become the new face of the local nightlife. The establishment primarily consists of one rather massive dance floor with pulsating strobe lights. Numerous tables and chairs are clustered near the walls and a bar replete with all sorts of libations sits in the corner. This dance-battle fusion club is known for its eclectic repertoire of music—here, everything from cozy little acoustic ditties to explosive heavy metal outbursts to old-school video game melodies can be heard nightly. Curiously enough, the music tends to have an impact on the dancers.

Every time a Pokemon on the field faints, the type of music changes and brings about a new effect. Though this music is of adequate volume, rest assured that it will never be so loud as to drown out sound moves used by the battlers. Additionally, even if your Pokemon has the Soundproof ability or is battling with their fingers in their ears or is attempting to destroy our indestructible speakers, it doesn’t matter: no Pokemon can avoid hearing the music no matter what. After all, you can’t stop the beat!

Once the music ends, the accompanying effect will fully and completely come to an end as well. The following is a list of the various genres played at Combat Disco and their attendant effects:

‡ Category O ‡

Top 40: This style of music always plays from the beginning of the match until the first Pokemon faints; it possesses no additional effect
    Reggae: This style of music always plays after four Pokemon have reached 0 HP; after the next Pokemon is released but before commands are issued, the Gym Leader and then the challenger will openly declare one move known by the opposing Pokemon for it to “forget” for the duration of this effect

‡ Category A ‡

Easy Listening: Both Pokemon may only use one damage-dealing super effective move per round
    Punk: The first Pokemon (ie. top row or lefthand column of the reffing template) receives +4 Att/+4 Def and the second receives +4 SpA/+4 SpD
    Emo: Every action there’s a 20% chance a Pokemon will disobey its trainer’s orders and use Fake Tears instead (the Pokemon will manage to use Fake Tears regardless of whatever other status effects are in play, including but not limited to Sleep or Taunt, or even if they can’t actually learn Fake Tears)
    Screamo: Both Pokemon come under the effects of Torment until the music ends
    Rap: Both Pokemon come under the effects of Taunt until the music ends
    Tribal: An irreplaceable weather effect that negates any other existing/future weather effects occurs

‡ Category B ‡

Oldies: Attacks are either increased or decreased in power depending on the Generation of their introduction:
    Generation I: +5 HP | Generation II: +3 HP | Generation III: +/- 0 HP | Generation IV: -3 HP | Generation V: -5 HP
    Dubstep: Attacks are either decreased or increased in power depending on the Generation of their introduction:
    Generation I: -5 HP | Generation II: -3 HP | Generation III: +/- 0 HP | Generation IV: +3 HP | Generation V: +5 HP
    Country: Both Pokemon may only use moves with names that are nine characters or less (including spaces and punctuation)
    Chiptunes: Both Pokemon can only use moves they or their previous evolution learn by TM/HM

‡ Category C ‡

Heavy Metal: Both Pokemon have their ability changed to Heavy Metal
    Rock: Both Pokemon have their type changed to Rock
    Polka: Both Pokemon have their ability changed randomly at the end of every round
    Folk: Both Pokemon become typeless

‡ Category D ‡

Classical: In addition to their regular movepool, both Pokemon may use any move learnable by Kricketune

The choice of music, determined by the referee DJ, is not completely random. There is a 40% chance the genre of music played will be selected from Category A, a 30% chance it will be selected from Category B, a 25% chance it will be selected from Category C and a 5% chance it will be selected from Category D. The DJ should bear this in mind while selecting music. As well, the DJ is reminded to inform the battlers what the change in music will be before the change actually takes effect.

Since Combat Disco is a disability-friendly Gym, should either battler send out a Pokemon that requires water in order to fight, a section of the dance floor will retract to reveal a pool large enough to comfortably contain a Wailord. Because the pool is located under the dance floor, patrons are reminded that Digging is not in their best interests. Furthermore, should any weather effects come into play, part of the roof will automatically pull back and open up the club interior to the sky.

Those who successfully defeat Combat Disco's Gym Leader will receive the Glitter Ball Badge as well as the house TM, Teeter Dance, which is currently used by Snore Warrior, La Polla Loca, La Princess, Flower, King Thrashypants and Puff. It may be taught to any single Pokemon with legs that has competed in the Gym challenge.
    Instead of a 6 on 6, would a 3 on 3 be alright? Long battles have this disobliging habit of lasting forever. Also, the Reggae effect was devised with 3 on 3 battles in mind.

I will lead off with La Polla Loca, my shiny female Blaziken with Blaze!

Advanced Trainer

You wanna use your Blaziken, which i shall counter with my Blaziken, lets go with a Sunny Day then use Solar Blast(Solar Beam+Fire Blast) if she uses protect use Hone Claws then Bulk Up

Sunny Day~Solar Beam/Hone Claws+/~Fire Blast/Bulk Up

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Master Trainer

Forgot to mention that La Polla Loca knows Taunt, Teeter Dance and Eruption.

Role Play is tempting since Speed Boost is definitely the better ability... but instead I'll have Polla use Attract! Then Toxic. Then Earthquake. No holds barred!

Advanced Trainer

Oh and 3v3 is fine. Now we wait.

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Master Trainer

Now we flash our most winning smiles in hopes of luring a ref.

Advanced Trainer

I wish i had a good smile like you Oslo

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

I'm up for a new battle to ref. Gimme a bit to get the first round underway, aye?
    -Grey

Advanced Trainer

yay, my Hilary Clinton smile won you over didn't it Grey

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Master Trainer

Thanks, Grey!

Also, out of curiosity, are you still game for the Magic Ticket battle, the Hidden Battle and your battle with Wolfsong? I can bump them if you want. Your call.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Thanks, Grey!

Also, out of curiosity, are you still game for the Magic Ticket battle, the Hidden Battle and your battle with Wolfsong? I can bump them if you want. Your call.
    Sounds good to me. Thanks, Os.
    -Grey

GYM BATTLE
    GYM LEADER OSLO v. EMERALD_GEN.3
    3-v-3

Arena
    Combat Disco!
    Quietly tucked away in the club district of some unspecified Norwegian city, Combat Disco has rapidly become the new face of the local nightlife. The establishment primarily consists of one rather massive dance floor with pulsating strobe lights. Numerous tables and chairs are clustered near the walls and a bar replete with all sorts of libations sits in the corner. This dance-battle fusion club is known for its eclectic repertoire of music—here, everything from cozy little acoustic ditties to explosive heavy metal outbursts to old-school video game melodies can be heard nightly. Curiously enough, the music tends to have an impact on the dancers.
    Song - Imagine Dragons "It's Time"

Round ONE
    Ah, Combat Disco!, the coolest crazy club in all of downtown Crazy Club Crown, Norway. We have our two combatants -- Emerald, a young up-and-comer confident in his abilities, and Oslo, the club owner-slash-gym leader. Grey stands above with a pair of turntables set to stun, and an authoritative referee's glare. The battle stars fast, with an up-tempo, very-not-dance-clubby song by Imagine Dragons. Both trainers eye one another before releasing their twin blaziken -- one darker and more feminine than the other.

Roca begins charming her opponent by spitting out a tiny ember that lights up the club. Blaze takes the bait, and tries to show off his talents by summoning an even brighter display. Not sure how what that's supposed to do for them while they're indoors, though, but what can 'ya do? The DJ, forgetting that he has full control over the disco's retracting roof, takes a moment before hitting the button that does just that. Funny story...

Roca ~ -2PP // Sunny Day activated, -5PP, Attracted ~ Blaziken
    Sunny Day ~ 6 actions

Blaze is delightfully embarrassed that his display fell on blind eyes, but the butterflies still flutter about in his stomach. Roca keeps the flirt going as she spits on her cocky foe. It's a peculiar saliva, though, somewhat venomous, even. This girl sure knows how to flirt though, aye? Blaze doesn't worry too much about it, however, and instead retaliates with a combined technique of fire and solar energy.

Roca ~ -5PP, -18HP // -28PP, +3% Toxic ~ Blaziken
    Sunny Day ~ 5 actions

Blaze, out of actions, is left to contemplate his feelings for his foe. Roca, meanwhile, starts wondering why she even flirted with someone so dim as to use two ineffective attacks against her. She shrugs it off, however, and retaliates by stamping her large, fiery feet upon the disco's floor, summoning a volley of shockwaves all about. Blaze is shook about, and left wondering what the hell just happened.

Roca ~ -8PP // +1 Spd, -15HP, -1HP, +10PP ~ Blaziken

Ref Notes:
    ~While Sunny Day is active, all fire-type attacks will deal 50% more damage while all water-type attacks will deal 50% less; weather-based healing moves will be 50% more effective; Thunder's accuracy will be halved; Solar Beam will only take one action to fire.~
    ~While under the effects of
    toxic poisoning, Blaziken will take 1HP damage per action multiplied by the number of rounds toxic has been in play.~
    attract, Blaziken will have a 50% chance of outright refusing to attack; over time, this percentage will dwindle until it fades away entirely.~
    ~
    Gym Leader Oslo attacks first.~

Last edited by Greyfox; 26th February 2013 at 03:31 PM.
    -Grey

Master Trainer

As per the Gym rules, the roof should retract for weather moves. Also, it's Loca, not Roca. :3

Keep it up, girl! Aerial Ace! Sky Uppercut! Aerial Ace!

Advanced Trainer

Alright show her your love with a up close Toxic then use Sky Uppercut and finally Brave Bird
    If any of these hit are affected by attract screwing you over then keep using toxic till it hits and carry on from there.

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Advanced Trainer

Yo grey where you at?

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

GYM BATTLE
    3-v-3

Arena
    Combat Disco!

Round TWO
    Now holding the speed advantage, Blaziken can't help but continue to marvel at his opponent's beauty and falter his motions for a few seconds until said opponent charges at him and tackles him swiftly. Loca... you're really bad at flirting. At least Blaze ain't attracted anymore.

Loca ~ -4PP // -1HP, -9HP ~ Blaziken
    Sunny Day ~ 3 actions

Frustrated with this beauty's sudden betrayal, Blaze decides to poison her with the same venoms that have plagued him. His plumage flares up as the poisons leave his body and slatter across Loca's face. She takes it terribly, and crouches down before springing high into the air, dragging Blaze up with her fist.

Loca ~ -5PP, +3% Toxic, -1HP // -5PP, -8HP, -1HP ~ Blaziken
    Sunny Day ~ 2 actions

Aw, hell nah! Blaze is upset by the nasty uppercut, and cleans the smug off Loca's face by performing the same maneuver. Loca's knocked high into the air, but manages to correct it into a swift aerial ace.

Loca ~ -4PP, -8HP, -1HP // +1 Spd, -5PP, -9HP, -2HP ~ Blaziken
    Sunny Day ~ 1 action

Ref Notes:
    ~While Sunny Day is active, all fire-type attacks will deal 50% more damage while all water-type attacks will deal 50% less; weather-based healing moves will be 50% more effective; Thunder's accuracy will be halved; Solar Beam will only take one action to fire.~
    toxic poisoning, Blaziken and Roca will take 1HP damage per action multiplied by the number of rounds toxic has been in play.~
    ~Emerald_Gen.3 attacks first.~

-Grey

Advanced Trainer

First use solar blast once more to take effect of the last action of sunlight then use aerial ace again

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Master Trainer

Protect, Counter, Earthquake.

GYM BATTLE
    3-v-3

Arena
    Combat Disco!

Round THREE
    Blaze glances at Loca with a faint smirk upon his features; he prays to the sun as he summons another powerful burst of fiery energy to rain down upon Loca. The firebird, however, has quote-unquote "got this" and watches as the flames wrap around her body, doing no damage against her protective barrier.

The sunshine fades away greatly as the roof slowly covers the disco.

Loca ~ -15PP, -1HP // -2HP, -28PP ~ Blaziken

Nearing exhaustion, Blaze decides to do some actual damage to this flirty foe. With the speed and precision of an acrobat, Blaze swiftly kicks Loca with his mighty talons, only for her to latch onto said mighty talons and whip him immediately to the ground. Ouch.

Loca ~ -9HP, -5PP, -1HP // -5PP, -2HP, -14HP ~ Blaziken

Blaze is exhausted and decides to slink back into relax position. His faltering, however, gives Loca ample time to occupy the dancefloor. The disco begins trembling terribly, knocking Blaze even further into obscurity.

Loca ~ -8PP, -2HP // +1 Spd, +10PP, -15HP, -3HP ~ Blaziken

Ref Notes:
    ~While under the effects of toxic poisoning, Blaziken and Loca will take 1HP damage per action multiplied by the number of rounds toxic has been in play.~
    ~Gym Leader Oslo attacks first.~

-Grey

Master Trainer

Earthquake until he falls. Protect on damage-dealing combos.

Advanced Trainer

Alright let's switch to Plantation (tropius,m,solar power) then use air slash and then finally bulldoze

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Master Trainer

I was spacing out during my commute this morning and the possibility of you doing that randomly occurred to me out of nowhere. Silly Oslo! Either way, good play.

GYM BATTLE
    3-v-3

Arena
    Combat Disco!

Round FOUR
    Blaze begins fearing for his own safety as he sees Loca raise her fist high into the air to summon an earthquake. Quite sure that he won't survive the attack, Blaze is quickly recalled to his poké ball while a flying brontosaur, Plantation, is brought in to face Loca. The earthquake has no effect whatsoever as Plantation hovers many feet above it.

Loca ~ -8PP, -2HP // -3HP, *recalled* ~ Blaziken // *summoned* ~ Plantation

Plantation laughs as her opponent flinches upon being on the receiving end of a powerful air slash. Least it beats attacking the ground.

Loca ~ -11HP, *flinch*, -2HP // -5PP~ Plantation

Loca shakes off the last attack, and retaliates with another earthquake. It misses. Plantation, meanwhile, piles on the super-effective hits and body slams the blaziken, dealing harsh damage and slowing her down a tad.

Unfortunately for Plantation, however, this last hit gives Loca a surge of fiery fighting spirit as her ability activates.

Loca ~ -8PP, -3HP, -9HP, -1 Spd, @Blaze activated // -4PP ~ Plantation

Ref Notes:
    ~While @Blaze is activated, Loca's fire-type attacks will deal 50% more damage.~
    toxic poisoning, Loca will take 1HP damage per action multiplied by the number of rounds toxic has been in play.~
    ~Blaziken is locked in the battle with
    15/44.~
    ~
    Emerald_Gen.3 attacks first.~

-Grey

Advanced Trainer

Bulldoze once more than use air slash twice, if she usesprotect then use growth

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Master Trainer

You've fought well, La Polla Loca! Time for your endgame: Overheat followed by Blaze Kick followed by Quick Attack!

Advanced Trainer

can mr. ref ref please

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

GYM BATTLE
    3-v-3

Arena
    Combat Disco!

Round FIVE
    Feeling that her time is coming to an end, Loca decides to step it up and make this overgrown banana tree her bitch. With a fierce cry, Loca blasts Plantation with the strongest fire attack in her repertoire, dealing damage that even Godzilla couldn't do on a good day. Plantation slowly pulls himself together long enough to retaliate with a nice and easy bulldoze.

Loca ~ -8PP, -3HP, -2 SpA, -9HP, -1 Spd // -4HP, -28HP ~ Plantation

Now slower than her foe, Loca must endure as Plantation slices at the air with his leafy plummage and sends a wave of air towards Loca -- in blade form -- that connects. Still able-bodied, however, Loca keeps laying on the hurt with a second fire attack, leaving Plantation with a nasty burn.

Loca ~ -11HP, -4PP, -3HP // -16HP, -5PP ~ Plantation

Plantation's had enough this time, and decides to cross Loca off his nice list. With another swift motion, he summons a second air blade to decimate the fiery cock. She gets knocked down... and doesn't get back up.

Loca ~ -6HP, KOed // -5PP ~ Plantation

Ref Notes:
    ~Song has been changed to
    (Punk) Lemonheads - Mrs. Robinson.~

15/44.~
    ~
    Gym Leader Oslo releases and attacks first.~

-Grey

Master Trainer

Good work, La Polla Loca. Return.

Now I choose...

La Princesse, my happy/evil female Galvantula with Compoundeyes!

Princesse, go with Poison Jab followed by Rock Climb and then Cross Poison!

Faint Attack if there be clones.

Advanced Trainer

Air slash thrice

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

GYM BATTLE
    3-v-3

Arena
    Combat Disco!

Round SIX
    With the first faint of the battle, Oslo switches pokémon as the DJ changes tracks. The tune is now a punk cover of a classic song about being seduced by your neighbor's wife or some such -- creeeepy. Notwithstanding, La Princesse, Oslo's fancy-dancy galvantula, enters the battlefield and relishes her physical prowess as Plantation begins specializing in the elementals.

The round begins and Princesse bolts towards her foe fiercely. Wow, look at her go! She leaps high into the air and latches down upon the plant-like dinosaur, dealing nice damage and leaving a nice poison present for the beast. Plantation roars out, blasting off Princesse with a nasty air slash. Princesse flies off and hits the ground with a thud.

Princesse ~ +4 Atk, +4 Def, -6PP, -15HP // -4PP, +3% Psn, -16HP, +4 SpD, +4 SpA ~ Plantation

The galvantula picks herself up just as easily as she was thrown and charges toward the tropius once more. However, instead of leaping, she instead latches onto Plantation's legs and starts climbing until finally reaching the beast's torso and sinking her fangs into it. The effect confuses Plantation, leaving him unsure of what to do next.

Princesse ~ -6PP// Confused, -12HP~ Plantation

Princesse takes this moment of confusion as time to advance, and slashes her poisoned mandibles at Plantation in an X pattern. Critical hit! Plantation snaps out of confusion long enough to thrust the arachnid away and slash once more. Worth it!, says La Princesse.

Princesse ~ -6PP, -15HP // -1HP, -4PP, -18HP* ~ Plantation

Ref Notes:~While under the effects of poison, Plantation will incur 1HP damage per action unless he relaxes.~
    15/44.~
    ~
    Gym Leader Oslo releases and attacks first.~

-Grey

Master Trainer

My attempt to hack Grey's RNG was a total success!

Advanced Trainer

What you be talkin bout boy? Any way lets use swagger then use natural gift twice

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Master Trainer

Okay, Princesse, close your eyes (all of them) and hit with a Faint Attack! Repeat until Plantation falls.

GYM BATTLE
    3-v-3

Arena
    Combat Disco!
    Song - Lemonheads - Mrs. Robinson

Round SEVEN
    It's coming close to the end of another round for Plantation. He knows he has to do something drastic to pull out a victory, but Princesse is just too fast for him! She ducks in and out of his field of vision before tackling him from behind -- her heightened attack is enough to do him in.

Princesse ~ -4PP// KOed, -9HP ~ Plantation

Ref Notes:
    ~Song has been changed to
    Oldies - Kansas - Carry On (My Wayward Son).~
    ~Blaziken is locked in the battle with 15/44.~
    ~
    Emerald_Gen.3 releases first; Gym Leader Oslo attacks attacks first.~
    -Grey

Advanced Trainer

Alright I'll use Picasso my Male Smeargle with Moody

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Master Trainer

Giga Drain, Thunderbolt, Giga Drain.

EDIT: Forgot to mention when I released Princesse that she has Teeter Dance and Taunt. :U
    Last edited by Oslo; 18th April 2013 at 12:47 AM.

Advanced Trainer

K first lets sketch a earth transmution circle on your right hand and then a fire transmution circle on your left hand, and finally use a combo of Rock Slide and Flamethrower

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

GYM BATTLE
    3-v-3

Arena
    Combat Disco!
    Song - Kansas - Carry On (My Wayward Son)

Round EIGHT
    Plantation is recalled and replaced by a hipster beagle named Picasso. Kinda abstract, aye? The music changes and, while Princesse shudders over how old it is, Picasso doesn't seem to mind it as much.

The round begins and Princesse immediately fires off a few leacherous tendrils that immediately affix themselves to the smeargle, draining quite a bit of health before retreating. Man, this music's really getting to her. Picasso shrugs off the attack and uses his tail-brush to draw a gray transmutation circle on the palm of his right hand. The mark comes to life almost instantly, and Picasso resists the urge to sign it.

Princesse ~ -4PP, +6HP // Sketched Stone Transmutation Circle, -8PP, -11HP ~ Picasso

Still not liking the sweet, sweet voice of Lynn Meredith, Princesse decides to take her anger out on the struggling artist. She charges up the current in her body before igniting it in a bolt and throwing it at Picasso, dealing some nice damage. Picasso shrugs off the hit and paints another transmutation circle -- orange, this time -- on his left palm.

Princesse ~ -5PP // Sketched Flame Transmutation Circle, -8PP, -14HP ~ Picasso

Princesse is irritated still and throws out her leeching tendrils once more to drain health away from the painter, who finally retaliates by activating the rock circle on his palm and summoning a volley of terrible rocks (perhaps made of paint) to rain down upon her. It hurts. A lot.

And then Picasso's ability activates.

Princesse ~ -4PP, +6HP, -16HP // -1 Def, +2 SpA, -2PP, -11HP ~ Picasso

Ref Notes:
    ~You can only sketch one object at a time, which is why Picasso wasn't able to pull off the combo.~
    ~
    Sketch requires a lot of concentration to pull off; as a result, sketching new attacks will have a -1 Priority; any sketched object can be washed away if struck with a strong water-type attack.~
    ~Picasso's Sketches: Stone Transmutation Circle, Flame Transmutation Circle.~
    ~While Picasso has access to the transmutation circles, he will be able to use any non-legendary
    rock- and fire-type moves.~
    ~Blaziken is locked in the battle with 15/44.~
    ~
    Emerald_Gen.3 attacks first.~
    Last edited by Greyfox; 18th April 2013 at 01:51 PM.
    -Grey

Master Trainer

Giga Drain and Thunderbolt are Gen II and Gen I moves respectively, so they should have hit for decent damage under Oldies, oui?

Yes they should've, actually. Somehow I misread it and thought you were referring to the pokémon themselves.
    -Grey