what is a good moveset for Claydol? This is what I have in mind:

Claydol @ ????
    Ability: Levitate
    Personality: ????
    ~Cosmic Power
    ~Psychic
    ~Rapid Spin / ????
    ~ ???? / Double Team

This moveset would focus on increasing defenses (Cosmic Power) and then attack with a Psychic. Rapid Spin for getting rid of SPikes, cause look at my team. It does not have an anti-spiker. Or should I replace Rapid Spin, since the Claydol or Weezing in my team will not be affected by it. And as for the fourth move, I have no idea of what it would be.

ALso, what item should I use? And what about the personality? Please post your ideas. Thanks.

p.s.- I still haven't thought of using this pokemon. If I do, I will be replacing it with Grumpig...

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Claydol Moveset

I'll try helping, because you said I'm a cool person ^_^! No, I like you anyway so I'll try helping.....

Reflect
    Light Screen
    Psychic
    Earthquake

Cosmic Power
    Double Team
    Earthquake
    Psychic

Rapid Spin
    Sandstorm
    Cosmic Power
    Psychic

Cosmic Power
    Psychic
    Double Team
    Rapid Spin

Well, those are a few of my suggestions. Hope that helped you!

Banned

Default Claydol Moveset

Try:

Cosmic power
    Rapid spin
    Psychic/earthquake
    Explosion

'Spin to clear spikes away, cosmic power will rase your defences to amazingly high levels, psychic if Claydol has higher sp.attk, Earthquake if it has higher physical attck( i havent got acces to a good dex right now), and explosion to finish off, incase they get you to a low hp, or you dont think youl survive another attack.

Just a suggestion...

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default Claydol Moveset

I would go
    claydol @ whateva
    rapid spin
    cosmic power
    earthquake
    phychic

Banned

Default Claydol Moveset

claydol serves many purposes...

rapid spinner
    explosion/cosmic power
    rest
    rapid spin
    psychic/earthquake

some dude on ur team
    cosmic power/explosion
    rest
    explosion/psychic
    earthquake/explosion

meh... pretty standard sets for this dude... toxic pwnz cosmic powerrers! f33r... you could always throw toxic on him... but i prefer my claydol to use psychic/cosmic power/rapid spin-explosion/rest... but thats just for 2v2... mainly you can get away with one certain type of attack because of the probabilities your opponent will have 2 dark types, meh

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default Re: Claydol Moveset

I'm afraid that I find all of you severely mistaken, Claydol has too much potential to simply be a 'wall' or 'spinner', I personally find this formula very effective:
    The Claydol should be EV trained with ATK and SPD as priority.
    Item: Kings Rock, coupled with Zen Headbut's flinching chance and the EV induced speed your Claydol can outrun many pokemon and disable them.
    Moveset;
    Earthquake (Strong and reliable. coupled with the STAB bonus).
    Zen Headbut (Claydol's ATK stat is higher than its SPATK stat, and receives STAB).
    Shadow Ball (Useful in the removal of ghost types that may otherwise be a threat).
    Signal Beam (Massacres dark and grass types and confuses).
    There you have it, a 'wall' turned sweeper with Shadow Ball and Signal Beam preventing 3 of Claydol's major weaknesses (grass, dark, ghost).
    Hope it helps (Certainly did when my Claydol KO'D pretty much the entire platinum elite four)!!!

Written Into A Corner... Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

It may be worth noting that the posts you find fault with were first authored ten years ago... and things have changed considerably since then!

The Jigglypuff Master! Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Personally I would have Claydol's moveset be:

Cosmic Power
    Psychic
    Earthquake
    Toxic

For the 3rd Gen games, this movesettargets all of the Pokemon types some how and Toxic is mainly used to weaken usually hard to defeat Pokemon like Altaria found within the game. Any status inflicting move will do nicely. If you transfer Claydol to the fifth Gen, then I would agree with the others in saying that Zen HeAadbutt would be a good 4th attack option. Earthquake has always been one of my favorite moves because it hits hard and Claydol would get a STAB from it.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your garbage on me!"
    ~Watchy Watchog

Helga: So I'm NOT Kate Moss.
    Milo: Kate Moss isn't stuck in a sewer.
    Helga: Gee. I don't know. When you really think about it, is there any sewer bigger than the world of professional modelling?
    ~The Oblongs

3DS FC: 1160-9737-9152
    PM me and I'll add you!