Thread: Help

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Sad Help

So I was playing Pokemon Crystal, training my L27 Swinub, when Raikou (L40) appeared. Since I was playing on an emulator, I saved the game, and got excited. But there's one problem: I don't have Mean Look, Block, Shadow Tag or Arena Trap (I know those two abilities doesn't exist in Generation II). My Swinub is too weak to fight Raikou. If I switch Pokemon, then Raikou would flee. I don't have any Pokemon that knows a move that can give the enemy status problems. (Except for Swinub, it knows Powder Snow so it has chances to freeze the enemy. But Raikou is too tough. I tried using Powder Snow actually, and it didn't work) So I loaded the game again, and tried using the Fast Ball but failed (the ball didn't even shake once). I loaded it again and used Ultra Ball, still didn't work. The save file is still with me and I'm not playing until I get help. I have a Master Ball, but I don't feel comfortable using it. Please help! Thanks.

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: Help

If Raikou flees, it won't vanish forever. You've actually saved yourself some trouble, since you can now find it in the Pokedex when you go to area to see what route it's currently in. You're fine. Just catch a Golbat in Mt. Silver, they'll have Mean Look.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Thanks a lot! I couldn't get to Mt. Silver yet because I haven't beat the Elite Four (is this strange? Because I thought Raikou and Entei appear after beating them). Then there's one more problem: Raikou is a teleporting pro. Any tips on 'tricking' Raikou? It changes location every time I enter another city or route.

RPG Dyke's Bitch Moderator

Here's what to do to make it appear when you want to ^^
    - Go to Goldenrod City
    - Stock up on some Max Repels
    - Exit from the south. Keep walking up and down between the city and the route. Each time you do that, Raikou will move. Keep checking your pokedex (or, maybe the map on the... Thing. Thing where there is the radio) to see where Raikou is.
    - Once he's on the route below Goldenrod, and you are too (you MUST also be on the route, or he'll move), spray a max repel and walk around in the first patch of grass you see.
    - Ta da! There's Raikou ^^

This works in later games too. Tis how I caught Uxie, Mespirit and Azelf in Pearl.
    Entei and Raikou appear once you set them free, at the same time Suicine runs off. You should be able to find Entei too.

X-rated since April 2012!

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Crystal Tears: Shut. Up.
    Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Thanks! I appreciate your help, but I still have the save file, so I showed it to my brother and it took him just five minutes to capture Raikou with Ultra Ball without inflicting any damage on it. O.O (Oh, and also, I've captured a Golbat from Ice Path. I'm gonna train it until it learns Mean Look)
    Last edited by Yu-Shan Lim; 16th November 2013 at 05:45 AM.

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Another location is just south of Ecruteak, which has grass a few spaces from the entrance. And have your lead Pokemon's level lower than 40, otherwise you won't encounter the doggy.

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Congratulations! Your brother was lucky. O.O

By the way, moves like Wrap and Fire Spin can also work, since they trap the enemy (for a while, at least), preventing escape.

Also, welcome to the forums!
    Last edited by Lady Vulpix; 16th November 2013 at 05:48 PM.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭