Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engulf in Flames! Cynder vs. Puma (Ref: Turtleshotz | Subref: Techy)

Smell ya later! Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default Re: Engulf in Flames! Cynder vs. Puma (Ref: Turtleshotz | Subref: Techy)

Team Puma vs. Team Cynder

Pre-Round

Puma
    OX

Carlos ♂
    @Regenerator

♥♥♥♥♥[100]♥♥♥♥♥
    ■■■■■[53]■■■■
    2 Clones

Disable
    Attract
    Psychic

Cynder
    OX

Moyashi ♀
    @Chlorophyll

♥♥♥♥♥[100]♥♥♥♥♥
    ■■■■■[100]■■■■■
    ~

Magical Leaf
    Leech Seed
    Power Whip

Round 8

As Cynder recalls her first Pokemon back into her Pokeball, another one is released. It's a Bulbasaur! Aww, so cute! What's not cute is when Moyashi the Bulbasaur released magic imbued leaves into the sky and starts firing them at Carlos! Try as he might, Carlos could not protect himself from those leaves. Now Carlos focuses all of his energy on Moyashi, rendering her unable to do anything. The situation looks bleak for Moyashi.

[ -12 HP, -6 EP || -6 EP]

With Moyashi disabled, there is no way she can preform her next attack! Carlos uses this to his advantage as he quickly lets go of his psychic grasp on Moyashi and starts moving around in a derpily attractive manner. Just like her teammate Mina, Moyashi falls in love with Carlos. Carlos is quite the ladies man if you ask me.

[ -4 EP || Can't Move, Attracted]

Moyashi just isn't getting any luck this round. She was gonna fire off a powerful vine whip but instead she just walks up to Carlos and snuggles with him. Carlos must not like this, because he uses his psychic powers to lift up Moyashi and smash her into the ground a couple times. Ouch! Thankfully that Light Screen is still up!

[ -9 EP || -9 HP, Can't Move]

Puma
    OX

Carlos ♂
    @Regenerator

♥♥♥♥♥[88]♥♥♥♥
    ■■■■[34]■■■■■
    ~

Cynder
    OX

Moyashi ♀
    @Chlorophyll

♥♥♥♥♥[91]♥♥♥♥♥
    ■■■■■[94]■■■■■
    Attracted

Ref Notes:
    - Light Screen will stay in effect for 2 more actions.
    - Moyashi will remain under the effects of Attract for 7 more actions.
    - Puma to command next.
    - Any questions I'll gladly answer.
    Last edited by Techy; 25th July 2013 at 07:51 AM.

Vs. Seeker
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkestLight View Post
    I took some time and thought about getting you another Magnemite, but that would be hilariously redundant.

Layout Madman Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Engulf in Flames! Cynder vs. Puma (Ref: Turtleshotz | Subref: Techy)

Shouldn't the Psychic do a little more damage, regarding it has STAB and is super effective? o: Need to know if it changes anything before issueing commands. (I like your RNG btw.)
    Avatar drawn by the wonderful Cynder in reference to this! Go check her other art out! ^-^

Junior Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    Shouldn't the Psychic do a little more damage, regarding it has STAB and is super effective? o: Need to know if it changes anything before issueing commands. (I like your RNG btw.)
    I don't like to use STAB, because it can just overpower some attacks. STAB Psychic would have done 27 Damage if there wasn't light screen, and 14 (rounded) if there was. I probably should have mentioned that. Plus, Light Screen was up.

Vs. Seeker
    I took some time and thought about getting you another Magnemite, but that would be hilariously redundant.

Advanced Trainer

Oh, fu, forgot about the light screen. Thanks for the clarification. (Thought STAB isn't that strong, as it usually adds only a few points to the damage after calcs, depending on the ref )

Okay, that sucks, but whatever! We still have the amazing and (almost a bit) fast paced Zen Headbutt! Fill her with a double barrage, afterwards, when the Lightscreen faded go for another Psychic. If she happens to set another Light Screen up, just go for Zen Headbutt instead.
    If she goes for more Stat-Shenanigans, use protect on the first one, and Magic Coat on the second try. (Of course, if one of her attempts end in being attracted, you just attack, and block the next.)

[Zen Headbutt ~ Zen Headbutt ~ Psychic]
    Sub: Lightscreen in effect: Zen Headbutt
    Sub: Sucessful Status Move the first time: Protect
    Sub: Sucessful Status Move the second time: Magic Coat

Note that Leech Seed is included in "Sucessful Status Move". (:
    Avatar drawn by the wonderful Cynder in reference to this! Go check her other art out! ^-^

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Impress him with a Petal Dance as many times as possible! (lol taking advantage of that attraction, it'll stop her getting confused if it disrupts it )

Junior Trainer

Pre-Round

Puma
    OX

Carlos ♂
    @Regenerator

♥♥♥♥♥[88]♥♥♥♥
    ■■■■[34]■■■■■
    ~

Zen Headbutt
    Zen Headbutt
    Psychic

Cynder
    OX

Moyashi ♀
    @Chlorophyll

♥♥♥♥♥[91]♥♥♥♥♥
    ■■■■■[94]■■■■■
    Attracted

Petal Dance
    Petal Dance
    Petal Dance

Round 9

Moyashi kicks off the top of the ninth by surrounding itself with petals and dancing beautifully. Seriously? But, since Moyashi has no romantic feelings for Carlos this action, she slams right into Carlos with those petals. Ouch! Not a good day to be a Slowpoke. Carlos retaliates by firing off one of his famous Zen Headbutt's. Ouch! Again! Super effective hits left and right!

[ -24 HP, -8 EP || -16 HP, -12 EP]

Wanna know what happens this action? Read last action! No seriously! Moyashi, still surrounded in petals, slams into Carlos again for another Super Effective hit. Carlos fires off another Zen Headbutt for another Super Effective hit. Only this time Moyashi looks a little dazed.

[ -16 HP Capped, -8 EP || -16 HP, -12 EP, Confused from Fatigue, Light Screen gone]

Even though she is confused, Moyashi tries to keep up the Petal Dance action. Although this time she just ends up bashing her head into a lily pad. Carlos decides to switch it up because the Light Screen is gone. He pickes up Moyashi with his psychic abilites and bashes Moyashi even more times into a lily pad.

[ -9 EP || -8 HP Capped, -6 HP from Confusion]

Puma
    OX

Carlos ♂
    @Regenerator

♥♥♥♥♥[48]♥♥♥♥♥
    ■■■■[9]■■■■■
    ~

Cynder
    OX

Moyashi ♀
    @Chlorophyll

♥♥♥♥♥[51]♥♥♥♥
    ■■■■■[70]■■■■■
    Attracted, Confused

Ref Notes:
    - Moyashi will remain under the effects of Attract for 4 more actions.
    - Moyashi will remain under the effects of Confusion for 7 more actions.
    - Cynder to command next.

Vs. Seeker

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Wow, that confusion seems to last an awfully long time considering it's 3-5 turns in game .-.

Regardless: Amnesia@Psychic ~ Giga Drain ~ Giga Drain

Junior Trainer

Puma, we're waiting on your commands.

Vs. Seeker

Advanced Trainer

Don't you dare bumping me!
    just kidding, I'm glad, really didn't realize cynder posted already

She's attracted and confused, aye? If all of her commands come through I'll throw my computer out of the window. Anyway, let's get this going Carlos! As she is probably faster than you, and Psychic will be blocked, just go for a Zen Headbutt instead. After her first attempt on Giga Drain, Amnesia that away! As she uses it twice I will have one round of 100% fail-ness, so we use that to Relax a bit, to restore a good amount of Energy hopefully.

[ Zen Headbutt ~ Amnesia@Giga Drain ~ Relax ]

Junior Trainer

Pre-Round

Round 10

Moyashi, who is both Attracted to Carlos and Confused at the same time, finally looks past Carlos's handsomeness. However, she does think it's a good idea to punch herself in the face a couple of times. Carlos, entertained by Moyashi punching herself, decided to fire off yet another Zen Headbutt. Moyashi is not enjoying this at all.

[ -8 EP || -16 HP, -6 HP due to Confusion]

Honestly, this is just sad on Moyashi's part. She still thinks it's a good idea to punch yourself in the face. Carlos, on the other hand, decides to make Moyashi forget her last attack. But which attack was that? Moyashi has had luck hax against her, so there's really no last attack to forget.

[ -6 EP, -2 HP due to Fatigue || -6 HP due to Confusion, Forgot Amnesia]

Well what do you know? Moyashi finally stops punching herself in the face long enough to shoot out a vine from it's back and sap the life out of Carlos. Carlos however, just sits on his derpy but and relaxes for a little while. Funny, before Carlos was the one attacking but now it's the other way around!

[ -15 HP, +10 EP || -8 EP, +8 HP]

Ref Notes:
    - Moyashi will remain under the effects of Attract for 1 more action.
    - Moyashi will remain under the effects of Confusion for 4 more actions.
    - Puma to command next.
    Last edited by Techy; 29th July 2013 at 12:23 PM.

Vs. Seeker

Advanced Trainer

Well, it would've hit her Amnesia then. Also, is 10 EP not a little bit... low regeneration regarding I was at 0 EP? I even recover more if you are not that low, but I guess you have your reasons for that decision.

Carlos, I think we might be able to finish this match next round if nothing goes wrong completely and screws me over. May I not fail completely with this set of commands!
    Psychic all the way! However, if she is able to Amnesia for some weird reason, as I've used Amnesia on Amnesia before on accident, replace Psychic with Zen Headbutt.
    If she goes for a tripple Giga Drain, Amnesia her as fast as you can. If she can't move for some reason, which is pretty likely, relax on that turn, hopefully recovering a bit more than 10 EP :'D

[Psychic ~ Psychic ~ Psychic]
    Sub: Amnesia@Giga Drain at any time once.
    Sub: Amnesia on Psychic: Switch to Zen Headbutt
    Sub: Hitting herself: Relax

Junior Trainer

Well, it would've hit her Amnesia then. Also, is 10 EP not a little bit... low regeneration regarding I was at 0 EP? I even recover more if you are not that low, but I guess you have your reasons for that decision.

Carlos, I think we might be able to finish this match next round if nothing goes wrong completely and screws me over. May I not fail completely with this set of commands!
    Psychic all the way! However, if she is able to Amnesia for some weird reason, as I've used Amnesia on Amnesia before on accident, replace Psychic with Zen Headbutt.
    If she goes for a tripple Giga Drain, Amnesia her as fast as you can. If she can't move for some reason, which is pretty likely, relax on that turn, hopefully recovering a bit more than 10 EP :'D

[Psychic ~ Psychic ~ Psychic]
    Sub: Amnesia@Giga Drain at any time once.
    Sub: Amnesia on Psychic: Switch to Zen Headbutt
    Sub: Hitting herself: Relax
    I used an RNG between 10-20. You got unlucky.

Vs. Seeker

Advanced Trainer

I remember these numbers from somewhere :'D
    I upped them myself by now, as it isn't really all that rewarding to relax once, loosing an action and then use one attack and be at 0 again. But hey, that's okay. (:

One thing that needs change though is the Amnesia thing, since there was a last attack to forget, which is Amnesia. I lost HP for it, so it should have an effect (:

Junior Trainer

I remember these numbers from somewhere :'D
    I upped them myself by now, as it isn't really all that rewarding to relax once, loosing an action and then use one attack and be at 0 again. But hey, that's okay. (:

One thing that needs change though is the Amnesia thing, since there was a last attack to forget, which is Amnesia. I lost HP for it, so it should have an effect (:
    Fixed that.

Vs. Seeker

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'm sorry, but mind explaining why confusion and attraction last so long? In the games they usually last 3-5 turns, tops, and I'd be interested to see your reasoning behind it. Just nice to know before I post my commands! C:

Junior Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Cynder View Post
    I'm sorry, but mind explaining why confusion and attraction last so long? In the games they usually last 3-5 turns, tops, and I'd be interested to see your reasoning behind it. Just nice to know before I post my commands! C:
    I just saw a lot of other refs and noticed that they use similar numbers, so I went with that.

Vs. Seeker

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Hm, never seen them that long, but I'm not gonna argue.

Sleep Powder until it works ~ Mega Drain as many times as possible

Junior Trainer

Pre-Round

Round 11

Puma is confident that he's gonna take this match, but Cynder isn't done just yet. Moyashi puffs out a cloud of purple dust from the bulb on her back. The dust makes its way over to Carlos, but Carlos just rolls out of the way, lauging (ROFL). Carlos once again picks up Moyashi with his mind and slams her into the ground a couple of times. On the bright side, that last attack must have snapped Moyashi out of her attraction.

[ -9 EP || -18 HP, -6 EP, Attraction]

Disheartened about the last attempt to use Sleep Powder on Carlos, Moyashi tries it again...only to end up hitting herself in the face. Carlos makes the most of the opportunity buy sitting there like a bump on a log and regaining energy.

[ +19 EP || -6 HP due to Confusion]

This is the last straw! Moyashi tries to go for that Sleep Powder one final time, and lo and behold, it works! Carlos it put into a deep slumber from the cloud of purple dust. Carlos is sleeping, so his next attack does nothing! Moyashi is turning the tides.

[ Asleep || -6 EP]

Ref Notes:
    - Unless Overcome, Moyashi's confusion will last 1 more action.
    - Unless Overcome, Carlos will stay asleep for 8 more actions.
    - Cynder to command next.
    - Any questions i'll be happy to answer.

Vs. Seeker

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Synthesis ~ Mega Drain ~ Mega Drain

Advanced Trainer

Oh come on :'D
    And I thought this is going to be the epic finale, the end of the end, the last stand.
    I don't seem to have a choice here, this one's lost I guess.

Carlos, just Sleep Talk thrice.

Junior Trainer

Pre-Round

Round 12

As this battle draws to a close, Moyashi pulls one final trick out of her hat.
    She draws in energy from the sun's rays, healing herself by a good amount. Carlos just rolls over, and mutters something in his sleep. Suddenly, Carlos starts firing off a small set of watery rings, which don't seem to faze Moyashi that much.

[ -10 EP || -5 HP, +15 HP, -10 EP, Confusion]

Moyashi decided that the Synthesis didn't give here enough health to keep going, so she latched onto Carlos with a weaker vine then last time she did this. She then proceeded to suck the life out of Carlos. Carlos once again rolled over and muttered something in his sleep. This time, Carlos's tail glints and hardens, and he lashes out at Moyashi, bringing is heavy tail down on her.

[ -8 HP, -10 EP || -10 HP, +4 HP, -4 EP]

Moyashi once again proceeds to suck the life out of Carlos, healing itself moderately in return. This time in Carlos's sleep, Carlos uses his Psychc energy to direct the clouds away from the sun, making it bright and sunny outside. Not good for a water type like Carlos.

[ -8 HP, -5 HP due to Fatigue, -10 EP || +4 HP, -4 EP]
    [Weather: Sun]

Ref Notes:
    - Unless Overcome, Carlos will stay asleep for 5 more actions.
    - Puma to command next, but only 2 commands.
    - Any questions I'll be happy to answer.

Vs. Seeker

Advanced Trainer

Regarding Carlos knows Flamethrower, it's not that bad. Well, let's hope for RNG hackz.
    Sleep Talk all the way! (As if I had a choice :'D)

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Synthesis ~ Power Whip ~ Power Whip

Synthesis just in case you do manage to get that hax |3

Junior Trainer

Just thought I should let you know... I rolled Flamethrower

Expect this up soon.

Vs. Seeker

Advanced Trainer

What the eff. RNG Hax activated! Regarding that Synthesis should cost a lot more EP this time around, this miiiiiiight work out. Better start praying :'D

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Idk about energy, but it also restores a lot more health thanks to the sun, so I wouldn't count out yet |3

Advanced Trainer

Yeah, that's why it miiiiiiiiiiiight work out :'D

Junior Trainer

Pre-Round

[Weather: Sun]

Round 13

It's round unlucky number 13 here in this battlefield made up of lily pads! Moyashi is feeling zippy thanks to the shining sun. In fact, she once again started to absorb energy from the sun's rays! Boy, does that feel good! Carlos, who is still asleep, unleashes a giant flamethrower to scorch right through Moyashi's defences! Ouch! Lucks like Moyashi is the unlucky one.

[ -10 EP, -5 HP due to fatigue || -22 HP, +20 HP, -15 EP]

Sadly, I think this is it for Carlos. With just 5% of his health left, I don't think he can endure what Moyashi is about to bring. Moyashi whips out a pair of vines from her back, and whacks Carlos so hard with them he just couldn't take it. Poor Carlos, you'll always be in our hearts.

[ -5 HP, Fainted || -12 EP]

Good Game both of you! I'm glad my first battle to ref ended closely and wasn't a runaway on either side. Puma, you got really lucky to be able to use Flamethrower there. I rolled the second sleep talk, and it was Signal Beam. Cynder, you kinda looked like you were losing till Carlos fell asleep, so good job on turning the tables! I know this battle wont count toward any reffing rewards for me, but I think I still get points for reffing over half the battle right? So Puma gets 2 points, Cynder gets 4 points, and I get 4 points (maybe)! So, see ya!

Vs. Seeker

Advanced Trainer

Well, I really did not expect to win anyway there :'D
    Should have set a safeguard up earlier.

Good Job Cynder! It did get close at the end, and I enjoyed the battle quite a lot.
    Also, Techy, you get 2 points, as you only reffed the second half of the battle, where 2 Pokémon were included! Welcome in the 2 Points club x)

Edit: Almost forgot your Reffing, it was pretty good! Though the confusion did last quite for a long time, except you tuned the chance to hit yourself a bit down (:
    Last edited by Puma; 1st August 2013 at 07:15 AM.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

WHEW that really was pretty close! Just how I like my battles. Thanks for reffing Techy, and thanks for a great battle Puma!