Thread: Turtleshotz vs. Underscore (Ref: Puma)

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default Turtleshotz vs. Underscore (Ref: Puma)

Who wants to be my first?
    I challenge anybody to a 2v2
    The arena you ask?
    How about an abandoned cellar. Rusty chains hang from the ceiling and shattered glass litters the floor. Pokemon who need to stand on the ground take a small amount of damage from the broken glass each round. Those Pokemon that can fly/levitate or hang from the chains in the ceiling will have an advantage here.

Who is up to the task?
    Last edited by Turtleshotz; 15th June 2013 at 10:26 PM.

Layout Madman Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: First Battle 2v2

I shall be reffing this if you're okay with that. Sounds fun! (:

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default Re: First Battle 2v2

Sounds great man thanks. Now we just await a challenger.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Default Re: Turtleshotz vs. ??? (Ref: Puma)

I'll fight you. So who sends/attacks first, then?

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default Re: Turtleshotz vs. ??? (Ref: Puma)

Awesome looking forward to it
    I'll send first, then you choose and attack
    I choose Spectre the shiny Male Duskull with Levitate
    Last edited by Turtleshotz; 15th June 2013 at 10:26 PM. Reason: added ability

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Default Re: Turtleshotz vs. Underscore (Ref: Puma)

I choose Ralts M Trace.
    Taunt~Thunderwave~Shadow Ball

Taunt again if it fails the first time, then proceed with Thunderwave.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Ok Spectre, see if you can get a confuse ray off before the taunt then follow up with shadowball x2

If you can't confuse ray then just shadowball x3

Advanced Trainer

Trying to get this up tomorrow (:

Advanced Trainer

TEAM
    Turtleshotz vs. Underscore
    These two passionate combatants duke it out under the following conditions! You might want to read them, people are rumoring they contain helpful information!

Arena
    => Abandoned Cellar
    [A room beneath a big mansion. Since noone cared about it anymore, trash and shards of glass started to gather all around the ground.
    The use of ground-moving abilities is not advised, also, Pokémon that are not levitating/flying will take damage each round.]

DQ Time
    => 7 days! Since not specified, I shall reward you with plenty of time! Harhar!
    => Note that DQ Time only comes into effect, when one of the combatants call it.

Rules
    => Banned Moves: None.
    => Two Pokemon are in use, the battle is over when both Pokémon of a trainer fainted.
    => The damage cap is set to 45% by default.

Additions
    => Turtleshotz seems to have the upperhand with his choice. Let's see if Underscore is able to turn the odds to his favor!
    => Direct influence on the cellar might cause it to give in.
    => Moves that throw the target into the shards cause additional damage.

...Preparations...

------------------------------------------
    Uhm... Hello, ladies and gentlemen, well, actually we are comepletely on our own. Who the hell would join us in a freakin' haunted mansion? if that's not enough, we even get to fight down in the cellar. Amazing. I love it. It's not scary at all. Turtleshotz, our newcomer, doesn't seem to be bothered though. He is just chilling with his Duskull and waits for his opponent to get into the room. Aw, great. Now Ghosts get involved too.
    Suddenly, a red flash lightens the room, leaving me and my pants in total shock. AAALLLRIGHT, this is going to suck so hard. Anyway, Ralts without a nickname appears on the battlefield, starting to fly as it sees the Duskull.
    Uhm, does this work for real? I should take a closer look at levitating Pokémon more often.

Anyway, let's get this over with! I don't want to wet my pants anymore.
    ♣ROUND 1♣

Psycho versus Ghost, eh? The mental counterpart to Duskull starts out with... Wait. Are these noises supposed to anger the Duskull? Seriously, it sounds like a bee rampaging. Duskull seems to fall for the "taunt" and starts to fling a ball of shadows into Ralts direction. That is absolutely not working out as much as Ralts thought. At least I suppose it doesn't, since he gets launched across the whole room, directly into the sharp shards. In addition, we have a pissed off ghost here. Great.
    [ Spectre | -0 HP |- 9 EP | Taunted ] - [ Ralts | -14 HP; -2 HP due to crashing into shards | -5 EP | ~ ]

Duskull starts grunting angrily, preparing to attack again, Ralts in the meantime, conjures a wave of electricity to piss Spectre even more off. He flung another Shadowball, except this time, he doesn't, since his body just won't respond to his actions. At least it is able to continue looking like a mad scientist, seeing someone in his way. Shivering over here!
    [ Spectre | -0 HP |-8 EP | + Paralyzed | Can't move! ] - [ Ralts | -0 HP | -6 EP | ~ ]

Ralts finally decides to attack. Just as I thought it couldn't get any more passive, the little psycho typeling starts to form a ball of shadows. Spectre, seeing his enemy copying his trick gets even angrier at him and conjures a shadow ball of his own. Both Pokémon release them at once, maneuvering around the battlefield as it crashes exactly into both Pokémon. Duskull seems to take it a bit better though, since it doesn't seem like Ralts is used to mean ghost attack-shenanigans.
    [ Spectre | -12 HP | -8 EP | ~ ] - [ Ralts | -14 HP | -9 EP | ~]

...Afterwards...
    Referee Notes
    • Nice start, remember, switching is possible at any given time, but it takes away an action.
    • Turtleshotz will issue his commands next!
    • Unless overcome, the effect of paralyzis will slowly decay over the next 4 actions. Taunt will end after the next 6 actions, unless somehow stopped.
    • If the Energy of a Pokémon happens to reach 0, it will lose 1 HP for every 2 EP consumed. Also, it's action pool is reduced to two per round. However, the effect of "Relax" is doubled.

Last edited by Puma; 18th June 2013 at 02:43 PM.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Great Reffing Puma, but just wanted to mention that I'm pretty sure I command next

Advanced Trainer

Shhh... You saw nothing. (:

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Great job Spectre keep it up!
    Lets change it up a little bit
    Dark Pulse~Shadow Ball~Dark Pulse
    If your paralyzed during the second action change the third to Shadow Ball

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Swagger~Shadow Ball 2x

Advanced Trainer

Well, once again, I see if I can bring it up today (that's here like, for 3 more hours), if not, tomorrow for sure!

Advanced Trainer

TEAM
    These two passionate combatants duke it out under the following conditions! You might want to read them, people are rumoring they contain helpful information!

Arena
    => Abandoned Cellar
    [A room beneath a big mansion. Since noone cared about it anymore, trash and shards of glass started to gather all around the ground.
    The use of ground-moving abilities is not advised, also, Pokémon that are not levitating/flying will take damage each round.]

DQ Time
    => Note that DQ Time only comes into effect, when one of the combatants call it.

Rules
    => Two Pokemon are in use, the battle is over when both Pokémon of a trainer fainted.

Additions
    => Turtleshotz seems to have the upperhand with his choice. Let's see if Underscore is able to turn the odds to his favor!

...Preparations...

Yo, you ready for some more?
    ♣ROUND 2♣

And we are back in the mansion. For my pants sake, I don't want to stay here any longer. It is eerie, scary and there is some kind of little psycho dude, showing off his moves. Aaaalright, did he really just started dancing? This does make me feel even more uncomfortable. Spectre, still in anger, watches the dancesteps. Confused by the sudden stop of fighting, his dark pulse explodes right into it's own face. Ouch, that was quite painful to watch!
    [ Spectre | -6 HP due to hurting itself super effectively | -8 EP | + Confused ] - [ Ralts | -0 HP | -6 EP | ~ ]

Aww, at least it didn't hit itself, that would've done way more damage. Don't even want to think about it. Spectre, having mixed feelings, starts to conjure a shadow ball, however, Ralts takes the upper hand and hurls a ball of it's own into Spectre's direction. Ouch! Payback time! His Ball directly hits Ralts head, leaving it so disturbed that even it's Special Defense seems to go down a bit! Spectre starts giggling silently.
    [ Spectre | -13 HP |-9 EP | ~ ] - [ Ralts | -14 HP | -8 EP | Sp. Defense down! ]

Time for the little Ralts to strike back! Once again, which is quite a bit repetitive, it hurls ANOTHER shadow ball. Damn, I don't even get scared anymore. Now seriously, you need to be a tad more creative, even Spectre is not impressed, right? What? You can't move? Oh. Might be just me then.
    KAWOOM! Making special sound effects, because there's not much to hear from a ghost getting hit by a, well ghostly ball as it's trainer shouts commands it just can't fulfill at the given time. Well, yeah. Spectre is even angrier now, as it seems to forget how to ward himself from these kind of attacks, since, as randomness declares, also Duskulls Special Defense goes down! That is unfortunate, we are right at where we were.
    [ Spectre | -12 HP | -8 EP | Can't move! | Sp. Defense down! ] - [ Ralts | -0 HP | -9 EP | ~]

...Afterwards...
    Referee Notes
    • Underscore will issue his commands next!
    • The effect of paralyzis will end next action. Taunt will end after the next 3 actions, unless somehow stopped.
    • Unless overcome, Spectre will remain under the effect of Confusion for 3 more actions.
    • If the Energy of a Pokémon happens to reach 0, it will lose 1 HP for every 2 EP consumed. Also, it's action pool is reduced to two per round. However, the effect of "Relax" is doubled.

Last edited by Puma; 18th June 2013 at 02:43 PM.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

I like how you ref confusion

Hypnosis~Dream Eater 2x

If Hypnosis fails, Charge Beam on the 2nd and 3rd turn.

Advanced Trainer

By the way, if anything seems obscure or needs explanation, feel free to ask, even in advance. (Like, if you want to know how I ref a certain status infliction for example)

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Shadow Ball x3
    If you are asleep then sleep talk

Advanced Trainer

TEAM

Arena
    => Abandoned Cellar
    [A room beneath a big mansion. Since noone cared about it anymore, trash and shards of glass started to gather all around the ground. The use of ground-moving abilities is not advised, also, Pokémon that are not levitating/flying will take damage each round.]

DQ Time

Rules

Additions

...Preparations...

Aw man, let's continue this!
    ♣ROUND 3♣

Oh god. I'd be extremely angry on Ralts if I were Spectre. The treatment it has to go through, for real now. Paralyzed, Taunted, Confused and Special Defense reduction. What a dickish move! Anyway, as if that was not enough, Ralts slowly approaches and stares into Spectre's eyes. We'll never know if it closed his eyes due to feeling uncomfortable, but it looks like he just fell asleep in an instant. Still, it is able to talk a few syllables in it's sleep. Suddenly, a strong feeling of vengeance overcomes Spectre, and it slaps Ralts face. However, since it wasn't hit before, the damage is bearable.
    [ Spectre | -0 HP | -10 EP | + Asleep (Deep Slumber) | Sleep Talk: Payback ] - [ Ralts | -8 HP | -6 EP | ~ ]

Oh, what a beautiful day to be a Duskull! The air in the graveyard smells rotten in a wonderful way, and a few corpses just lie there on the ground. Oh, nothing could nullify this entirely-happy moment. What is that in the Sky? A giant vacuum cleaner? What the? A bright light interrupts it's imagination and the graveyard disappears, leaving Spectre behind in a bright light. It feels like it's dream just vanished, got sucked away. NOOOOO! It mumbles a few words, trying to get it's dreams back, but Spectre's efforts are useless. The bright light continues to shine right at it's face, almost hurting.
    [ Spectre | -17 HP |-10 EP | Sleep Talk: Rest ] - [ Ralts | +5 HP | -12 EP | ~ ]

Spectre managed to get back to the Graveyard. It's so wonderful! This time nothing can tear him apart from his treasure! Oh, nevermind. Ralts starts to destroy his dreams once more... but wait? What is this? A purple-ish barrier raised in front of Spectre, rendering the dream-eating attempt useless.
    Spectre is able to enjoy the graveyard for a longer period this time around it seems!
    [ Spectre | -0 HP | -10 EP | Sleep Talk: Protect ] - [ Ralts | -0 HP | -12 EP | ~]

It was a relieving round! Spectre recovered from all his status ailments.
    [ Spectre | No longer Paralyzed, Taunted, Confused]

...Afterwards...
    Referee Notes
    • Turtleshotz will issue his commands next!
    • Taunt did not come into effect, because Duskull was asleep. Just in case you are wondering.
    • Unless overcome, Spectre will remain under the effect of being asleep for 7 more actions!
      (Deep Slumber: 15 Actions asleep, this number is being reduced for hits the pokemon get. -1 per weak attack, -3 for a strong one, and -5 for dream eater.)

Last edited by Puma; 21st June 2013 at 04:05 AM.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Sleep Talk x3
    If you wake up throw some shadow balls

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Shadow Ball 3x

Advanced Trainer

Whoopsiedoodelz, forgot about the Sp.Def. Reduction for Dream Eater. Shouldn't change anything about your commands though. I'll try to get this up in like, a few hours.

Advanced Trainer

TEAM

Arena
    => Abandoned Cellar
    [A room beneath a big mansion. Since noone cared about it anymore, trash and shards of glass started to gather all around the ground. The use of ground-moving abilities is not advised, also, Pokémon that are not levitating/flying will take damage each round.]

DQ Time

Rules

Additions

...Preparations...

I'm the biggest liar to myself, but the site was unavailable, forgive me >_<
    ♣ROUND 4♣

Back in the eerie mansion, great. At least the ghost is sleeping, so my soul will probably stay where it is for a little longer. Ralts does approve of the immobility of it's opponent and hurls a strong shadowball in Spectre's direction. It sends the Duskull flying... Oh, wait, no. It flew before, right?
    Spectre once again mutters in his sleep and starts singing a song. Pretty effective at that, causing a fair bit of damage to Ralts. It was not the best song, but it had it's... uhm... charm?
    [ Spectre | -14 HP | -10 EP | Slumbercounter: -3 | Sleep Talk: Round ] - [ Ralts | -6 HP | -8 EP | ~ ]

Ralts starts thinking about it's next move. Something creative? Nah, just going to spam more shadowballs. Never change a working system, ey?
    Spectre got knocked into the shards, resulting in him waking up. Uh-oh.
    The Ghost unleashes a Shadow Ball of it's own, tossing the now a bit uncomfortable Ralts right at the walls of the cellar. Ouch.
    [ Spectre | -13 HP |-8 EP | Woke up! ] - [ Ralts | -18 HP | -9 EP | ~ ]

Seems like this battle is going to get interesting now!
    Oh wait, no it doesn't. Both Pokémon create ANOTHER ball made out of shadows, and fling it at each other. I'm going to sit down in the corner and wait for something amazing... Nevermind! After both Pokémon got knocked back again, Spectre doesn't seem to levitate back into battle anymore. Now that was exciting! In addition, I don't have to worry about the Ghostproblem any longer.
    [ Spectre | -13 HP | -9 EP | Knocked out! ] - [ Ralts | -17 HP | -9 EP | ~]

...Afterwards...
    Referee Notes
    • Turtleshotz will release his Pokémon next! Underscore will issue his commands afterwards.

Last edited by Puma; 22nd June 2013 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Flavour text
    Avatar drawn by the wonderful Cynder in reference to this! Go check her other art out! ^-^

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Nice work out there Spectre, we'll get him next time. Next up I choose Anura my F Croagunk. Anura make sure you use your sticky frog legs to cling to the ceiling.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

I expected you woulld use those Pokemon

Anyways, Gravity~Psychic 2x

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Ok Croagunk finish off Ralts with a sludge bomb and two poison jabs

Advanced Trainer

Thanks for letting me search for your Croagunk's ability. JERK! (jk. it's cool)

TEAM

Arena
    => Abandoned Cellar

DQ Time

Rules

Additions

...Preparations...

Time to continue this battle! Yo' all ready?
    ♣ROUND 5♣

I.. don't... wanna.. be here anymore. It's dark, cold, eeriee, scary, and what not. Anyway, another flash or red light and a poisonous frog joins the battle. ALRIGHT. I'M OUT.
    Nevermind, the door is locked. Anura, following her trainer's commands, starts walking on the wall and hurls a purple-ish blob at Ralts, who unfortunately happens to survive the hit and focuses on re-arranging gravity. Whoops, Anura's not-standing-on-the-shards-plan that needs a major shortage seems to have failed right there. She crashes right into the shards, getting double damage by the sharp glass. Unfortunate for Ralts, his levitate doesn't seem to work anymore either, and he facepalms into the shards, next to Anura. What a brilliant way to get knocked out.
    [ Anura | -2 HP due to shards | -9 EP | ~ ] - [ Ralts | -11 HP; -2 HP due to shards; -6 HP due to fatigue | -13 EP | ~ ]

...Afterwards...
    Referee Notes
    • Underscore will release his Pokémon next! Turtleshotz will issue his commands afterwards.

Last edited by Puma; 5th July 2013 at 03:22 AM.
    Avatar drawn by the wonderful Cynder in reference to this! Go check her other art out! ^-^

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Rufflet M Sheer Force.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Ok Anura lets go with
    Toxic~Bulk Up~Rock Slide

Advanced Trainer

Underscore?
    You know, the DQ Time is a week, and I don't want this battle to end too early (:

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Oh, sorry about that. I must have missed this one XD
    Attract~Double Team~Brave Bird

Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Underscore View Post
    Oh, sorry about that. I must have missed this one XD
    Wow, that was like, extremely fast and unexpected x)

TEAM

Arena
    => Abandoned Cellar

DQ Time

Rules

Additions

...Preparations...

Finally a bit of progress!
    ♣ROUND 6♣

Another red of flash light, and I'm eagerly waiting for the next monstrosity to screw my sanity over. OH GOD IT'S... actually it's quite adowable!
    At least it's a lot more calming than this frog over there, trying to throw up some poisonous goo. Ew, this stuff is all over the little bird's face now. However, Anura seems to like the Rufflet with his new color a lot, and starts hugging him.
    Due to gravity, that's quite possible I guess.
    [ Anura | -0 HP | -9 EP | Attracted! ] - [ Rufflet | -11 HP | -6 EP | ~ ]

But wait, there's more!
    Quite literally, since Rufflet decided to create a few copies of himself. Making a backup for later, eh? Croagunk meanwhile toughens up, ready to take the little bird on.
    [ Anura | -0 HP | -5 EP | Attack and Defense (+1) ] - [ Rufflet | -0 HP | -6 EP | Doppelgangers (+3) ]

Rufflet and his company of not-so-tall birds, decide to get serious now. They want to charge in union, however, Gravity keeps them down at the ground, resulting in a weak gangbang attack. Well, at least there's no recoil due to the loss of speed. It's something!
    Anura, dazzled by the possibility of having 4 Rufflets to cuddle, ignores her trainer's commands and proceeds to hug one of the them. However, it was only a clone, and it vanishes due to Anura's contact. She sheds a tear. Sad Face.
    [ Anura | -9 HP | -4 EP | Can't Move! ] - [ Rufflet | -0 HP | -7 EP | Doppelgangers (-1) ]

...Afterwards...
    Referee Notes
    • Underscore will issue his commands next!
    • Yeah, Gravity and flying types/fast paced moves don't fit together.
    • Gravity will stay in effect for 5 more actions!

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Swagger~Air Slash~Brave Bird

Advanced Trainer

Bumpin' this back to the front page.

Advanced Trainer

Alright Underscore, we've hit the DQ Time.
    Do you wish to DQ your opponent in this battle? (Also, sorry for Doublepost)

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Yeah, it's been a long time since logged in.

Advanced Trainer

Good! This battle is finished!
    You and me get 2 points, while Turtleshotz, if he happens to come back gets 1.