Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Epic Fourway Challenge! (Oslo vs. Cynder vs. BTPoke vs. Em) | Ref: Puma

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: The Epic Fourway Challenge! (Oslo vs. Cynder vs. BTPoke vs. Em) | Ref: Puma

The subref game is prolly a little dicey since we're not really operating at full reffing power. Cynder also hasn't poked her head in here in a couple of months. I'm fine with terminating.

Layout Madman Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: The Epic Fourway Challenge! (Oslo vs. Cynder vs. BTPoke vs. Em) | Ref: Puma

So, for everyone here, if it is okay with all of you, I'd be glad to finish this battle. It was supposed to be epic, and one does not simply terminate something epic.

Even though I lost my layout, I will just create an entirely new one, that should look even better. Is anyone here in? Parallel Fourways for the Win, haha x)
    Avatar drawn by the wonderful Cynder in reference to this! Go check her other art out! ^-^

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'd be happy to continue if everyone else is, I THINK I have enough slots left? Thing is I kinda gave Phasmid away in the tree already; so I'm not sure how that would work out here xD

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I would be cool with continuing this, I have a few slots open

Advanced Trainer

@Cynder
    I'll talk to DL, maybe we can make it work for the remainder of this battle at least. Would be sad to stop it because of that.

@BT
    Awesome! Glad you'd continue it! ^-^
    Avatar drawn by the wonderful Cynder in reference to this! Go check her other art out! ^-^

Master Trainer

Oslo's in if this match can continue!

Does it look like I care? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'm in too

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker
    Adventure, another Pokemon Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    I'm sorry, you're confusing me with someone who gives a shit.

Advanced Trainer

Awesome. I'll wait for an reply from DL, and then we're hopefully ready to continue this battle!

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

It's a go. I wanna make more memes about this battle

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Advanced Trainer

Then everything is ready for another round! I've already created most of the template, and I promise, it looks even better than the one before. A lot. A whole lot better. (:
    As for Pokémon, I might have to look the abilities/genders up in your VS. Seeker, so please make sure that these are up to date.

Advanced Trainer

Role Play @ Yin
    Leech Seed @ Phasmid
    Leech Seed @ Ike
    Fire Fang @ Plonkey
    Crunch @ Yin
    Protect
    Roost
    Protect
    X-Scissor @ Yin
    Protect
    Relax
    Relax
    INTENSE SUNLIGHT3 Actions left

♣Round Seven♣

Action 1
    Welcome back, ladies and gentlemen, to another smokin' hot round in the Indigo Plateau! All fighters, after I took a nap that took about one year, rejoice for the grand continuation of this battle of epic proportions! The Pokémon eagerly waited to FINALLY execute their commands, and now they start going immediately! Luxtra begins this round by baring his flaming red teeth and getting wound up in Plonkey's... body - region. Did anyone see the size of this Luxray's mouth?! It's huge and terrifying! Plonkey recovers from the blow eventually, and tries to swap abilities with Yin, however, the Espeon replies with a shining barrier of pure blockage. Denied! Finally, Phasmid searches for a nice place to rest a bit and watches the action.

[ -13 HP | -8 EP ]
    [ -0 HP | -7 EP | ~ ]
    [ +11 HP | -10 EP | Regeneration Exhaustion - Stage 1 ]
    [ -0 HP | -8 EP | ~ ]

Action 2
    The action continues, when Yin adds a lot of tension by... relaxing a bit. Boooh! Lame! Ike shares my negative opinion, and continues his biting-spree with a strong Crunch into Yin's everything. Did I mention how huge his teeth are? I probably did. Nevermind me. In the meantime, Plonkey tries his luck with another nasty attack in his repertoire, a Leech Seed that, just as his previous attacking attempt, gets rejected by a floating shiny barrier in front of Phasmid, who barely finds the strength to set it up. Daaaamn you, shiny things! However, not all is bad, as Phasmid regains full control of his body functions. His speed restored to his old glory, he now executes his moves faster than ever!

[ -0 HP | -9 EP ]
    [ -0 HP | -7 EP | ~ ]
    [ -2 HP (Exhaustion) | -4 EP | Paralysed ]
    [ -12 HP | +9 EP | Defense Down (-1) ]

Action 3
    The fight rages on. Yin feels safe enough to spend another turn simply relaxing, however, she soon realises how mistaken she was, as Phasmid charges at her and cuts her with his crossed-over scissors, completely knocking the poor Espeon out of consciousness. Ouch! It even hurt to just look at that! In the meantime, our failed little hero, Plonkey the Great, starts another assault with deadly leech seeds, but hits yet another shiny shield and jumps around so furiously, that he angers the great sungod, who doesn't seem to care about this battle any longer. Long story short, it stopped shining so bright I could feel myself dry out.

[ -0 HP | -9 EP ]
    [ -0 HP | -8 EP ]
    [ -3 HP (Exhaustion) | -0 EP ] ]
    [ -23 HP | +7 EP | Fainted! ]

Referee Notes
    • Once more, a Pokémon leaves the field, exhausted, but is replaced with a fresh fighter! Say hello to Amaterasu! (Darumaka, Female, @Inner Focus) The next set of commands will be issued in the following order:
      BTPoke => Emerald_Gen.3 => Cynder (limited to 2 moves) => Oslo
    • Regeneration Exhaustion raises the EP costs of any Non-Damaging Healing move by 20 per Stack, excluding "Rest". Phasmid will have a raised cost of 20 EP for 2 more rounds.
    • Also, if anything is to be questioned, feel free to ask me, even in advance. (How I ref a certain status infliction or move for example.)
    Last edited by Puma; 31st December 2014 at 04:31 PM.

Elite Trainer

relax for a turn, then thunderbolt phasmid, then relax again.

Advanced Trainer

Alright lets go for Fire Punch on Plonkey and Rollout on Phasmid

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Relax ~ Protect (first and second actions)

If I get a third move because of that first relax, I'll just relax again.

Master Trainer

Leech Seed (Amaterasu) ~ Leech Seed (Ike) ~ Leech Seed (Phasmid)

Advanced Trainer

@Oslo

Advanced Trainer

@ Oslo

to quote Puma from the other fourway

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Master Trainer

sry i can't hear you over all the hp i'm guzzling :U

Advanced Trainer

Any comments about the new layout? I'd be interested in some feedback ^-^ It did take a bit of work and I might use it in normal battles.. :'D

Leech Seed @ Amaterasu
    Leech Seed @ Ike
    Leech Seed @ Phasmid
    Relax
    Thunderbolt @ Phasmid
    Relax
    Relax
    Protect
    ~
    Fire Punch @ Plonkey
    Rollout @ Phasmid
    Rollout @ Phasmid

♣Round Eight♣

Action 1
    One would think that a round would execute faster nowadays, but I'm here now, alright?! All Pokémon start moving, and unleash their explosive moves! Like... sleeping! Resting! Super chillaxing! Ultra couch-potatoeing! Or something like that. At least that's what Phasmid and Ike seem to prefer. Plonkey and Amaterasu fight for monkey bragging rights and punch each other in the face. Well, Amaterasu punches, Plonkey retaliates with a few draining seeds he oh-so-desperately tried to place before. A winner is you!

[ -14 HP | -9 EP ]
    [ -0 HP | +5 EP | ~ ]
    [ -0 HP | +13 EP | Regeneration Exhaustion - Stage 1 ]
    [ -0 HP | -8 EP | Seeded! ]

Action 2
    Now everyone suddenly seems to develope a severe hate of bug type Pokémon, and charges at Phasmid, who blocks all the attacks last second. Amaterasu, who gave it her all to build up some speed, faceplants against the shield and looses everything she worked for immediately. Dang it! Plonkey in the meantime is even sneakier than before, and hurls another batch of seeds at Ike. What's this little bugger up to?

[ -0 HP | -10 EP ]
    [ -0 HP | -7 EP | Seeded! ]
    [ -0 HP | -8 EP | ~ ]
    [ -0 HP | -4 EP | Rollout! (1) | Rollout! ]

Action 3
    Phasmid, just standing around, watches powerless as Plonkey walks right up to him, and hands him some seeds. It would be a nice gesture, if those wouldn't hurt so much! Ike spends another turn just relaxing, while Amaterasu starts her spinning yet again and rams Phasmid for the first time. Suck it, bugger!

[ -0 HP | -10 EP | ~ ]
    [ -0 HP | +9 EP | ~ ]
    [ -6 HP | -0 EP | Seeded! ] ]
    [ -0 HP | -4 EP | Rollout! (1) ]

Post Round
    Suddenly, each Pokémon gets a dose of Plonkey's Leech Seeds, who just sits down on the ground and enjoys all the energy he's sapping away from everyone!

[+6 HP] [-2 HP] [-2 HP] [-2 HP]

Referee Notes
    • Another new round! Commands will be issued in the following order:
      Emerald_Gen.3 => Cynder => Oslo => BTPoke
    • Unless overcome, Leech Seed will keep sapping away health from each combatant every round.
    • Amaterasu will keep building up speed as long as she uses Rollout, capped at 5 times, making the move stronger every single time. She may cancel the move to put the built up speed and force into something else. However, while building up Rollout, she's more vulnerable to stronger attacks than before.
    • Regeneration Exhaustion raises the EP costs of any Non-Damaging Healing move by 20 per Stack, excluding "Rest". Phasmid will have a raised cost of 20 EP for 1 more round.
    • If the Energy of a Pokémon happens to reach 0, it will lose 1 HP for every 2 EP consumed. Also, its action pool is reduced to two per round. However, the effect of "Relax" is doubled.
    • Also, if anything is to be questioned, feel free to ask me, even in advance. (How I ref a certain status infliction or move for example.)

Advanced Trainer

Rollout twice on Phasmid then stop and use Fire Punch on Plonkey if they protect then switch targets between who's weaker to the move your using if all of them use protect then use Work Up and continue with the other actions

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Okay Phasmid, at this point I'll consider it a victory as long as we're not the first to go xD With that in mind, relax to gain back a little energy, then use quick attack to dodge the second rollout and hit Plonkey. Then finish up with a Reversal at Ike; move this action forwards if at any point you reach below 20HP, and repeat for as many actions as are left.

Master Trainer

Dig (down) ~ Nasty Plot ~ Nasty Plot

If Ike directs any moves at you while you're above ground, spend the entire round spamming Giga Drain at him.

(9/10 EP is a little high for Leech Seed, innit? The Movelist says it should only result in Light fatigue.)
    Last edited by Oslo; 17th January 2015 at 02:33 PM.

Advanced Trainer

I'm not calculating after the move list, I'm usually taking the PP-Amount of the games into account. And it just so happens that I randomise from 8 to 10 EP. (:
    And really, from the boosts you get, I believe that is justified.

Advanced Trainer

Bump for BTPoke! Don't really want to DQ anyone now that it just started again... xD

Elite Trainer

cough cough

hmmm... eh, you know what? yolo.

Hyper beam the ground. Twice.

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by BTPoke View Post
    MY NAME IS BTPOKE AND MY FACE RESEMBLES A BUTTOCKS 8D
    I see.

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    I see.
    you know that makes me realize that the initials "BT" also looks like a tongue-in-cheek kind of face

BT

Elite Trainer

b-bump

#Iamahypocrite

Advanced Trainer

I know that I need to post here, as well as in the "Feeling Lucky" Battle, I just didn't get around to do so, been pretty... "barfy" lately? (I guess that's what you'd call it?) That makes it really hard to focus on something for longer periods of time. ^-^

Advanced Trainer

I DIDN'T WANT COMMENTS ANYWAY SCREW YOU SUCKERZ leljkuguysrdabomb

Dig(Down)
    Nasty Plot
    Nasty Plot
    Hyper Beam
    Hyper Beam
    Relax
    Relax
    Quick Attack @ Plonkey
    Reversal @ Ike
    Rollout @ Phasmid
    Rollout @ Phasmid
    Fire Punch @ Plonkey

♣Round Nine♣

Action 1
    Another batch of commands, another round. Phasmid starts by going extremely fa- no, wait, he's taking a nap. In the meantime, Ike charges a blast of extreme power, while Plonkey digs down for some quality time with herself underneath the ground and Amaterasu shows just how much she despises sleeping on the job by crashing into Phasmid with extreme force. After Ike finished his charging, he directs all his power... towards the ground?! What kind of plan is that? He didn't even hit anything... Well. I suppose he's going for a lucky shot. That ain't happenin' buddy.

[ -0 HP | -4 EP | Underground! ]
    [ -0 HP | -12 EP | ~ ]
    [ -12 HP | +9 EP | ~ ]
    [ -0 HP | -6 EP | Rollout! (2) ]

Action 2
    Time for some action! While Ike charges up yet another load of sweet hyper beam action, Phasmid and Amaterasu get it on! Amaterasu charges full force once more, but Phasmid evades the attack effortlessly, leading to Amaterasu face planting the wall instead of her target, while Phasmid, trying to strike the underground Plonkey does the same with the floor. Well, that didn't look too professional, but who am I to judge. While all this action is taking place, Plonkey is scheming her evil plan for world domination, but immediately regrets that decision as she gets blasted to bits by a beam of pure power. Foiled again! Ike seriously hit, I'm impressed. These 20 bucks go to the man in the audience then I suppose...

[ -15 HP | -6 EP | Sp.ATK (+2) ]
    [ -6 HP due to exhaustion | -1 EP | ~ ]
    [ -0 HP | -4 EP | ~ ]
    [ -0 HP | -8 EP | Rollout (3) | Rollout! ]

Action 3
    While Ike contemplates about life, as he has nothing better to do at the moment without commands, Phasmid decides to help him out his misery with a hug... Awww... uuuhh... Oh god! That's not hug at all! This throw had to hurt quite a bit, regarding Scyther's technical prowess (so proud of that one. kill me.). Plonkey has gathered all the destroyed parts of her genius plan and tries to improve on it a little more with a bit of fine tuning. Amaterasu, enraged about her loss of speed, punches the ground. Literally. That's all she does. Cool move, bro!

[ -0 HP | -6 EP; -5 EP for staying underground | Sp.ATK (+2) ]
    [ -8 HP | +16 EP | ~ ]
    [ -0 HP | -7 EP | Regeneration Exhaustion ]
    [ -0 HP | -8 EP | ~ ]

Post Round
    Every evil genius needs a little rest every once in a while. Plonkey sips a bit of her opponent's life juice, with yet another dose of leech seeds.

[+6 HP] [-2 HP] [-2 HP] [-2 HP]

Referee Notes
    • Commands will be issued in the following order:
      Cynder => Oslo => BTPoke => Emerald_Gen.3
    • Unless overcome, Leech Seed will keep sapping away health from each combatant every round.
    • Plonkey will receive stronger suffocation penalties for staying underground every action now. (-3 HP, -10 EP) next action, raising by -3 HP and -5 EP each action respectively.
    • I got a bit confused with Reversal. At first I thought Phasmid didn't reach the threshold for dealing ~8 points of damage, so I calculated with 4, however, technician and her added attack bonus, resulted in 8 anyway, so who cares? (:
    • Hyper Beam at the ground was a tricky one. First of all, yes, Hyper Beam does not have a recharge action. However, it's always low priority, and according to the movelist, its downsides justify that. Second of all, I rolled a 50% for hitting Plonkey at all, and another 50% for a partial/full hit. It just so happened that Ike actually hit with the second Hyper Beam (it did reduced damage through the ground though.) As no third move was specified, I went for a Relax.
    • Regeneration Exhaustion raises the EP costs of any Non-Damaging Healing move by 20 per Stack, excluding "Rest". Phasmid will have a raised cost of 20 EP for 1 more round.
    • If the Energy of a Pokémon happens to reach 0, it will lose 1 HP for every 2 EP consumed. Also, its action pool is reduced to two per round. However, the effect of "Relax" is doubled.
    Last edited by Puma; 10th February 2015 at 07:44 AM.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Hmm...

Relax ~ Bug Bite @ Plonkey (assuming she's not underground, if she is then use Double Hit on Ike) ~ Bug Bite @ Plonkey (again, if she's above ground, otherwise go for an x-scissor on Amaterasu.)

If you're ever about to faint, use a combination of endure and reversal on whoever deals the blow.

Master Trainer

Cynder and BT: You know that little red jellybean monkey thing? The one with the type advantage over two of us? That has has only lost 4 HP the whole time she's been on the field? And has more EP than the rest of us put together? She is your threat. Not Plonkey.

Dig (up) at Amaterasu ~ Dig (down) ~ Nasty Plot

Advanced Trainer

Bump for BTP, seeing that he's online.

Elite Trainer

ugh, spam thunder fang on the red jellybean oslo speaks of. take relax breaks when necessary

Advanced Trainer

Dig down then work up underground followed by dig up on Ike but after everyone stops moving

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Advanced Trainer

Bump for myself. I'll be reffing this today or tomorrow. (:

EDIT: (8.3.15)
    Yeah, I know that nothing came. I'm terribly sorry but I'm writing on several applications for university, as well as my résumé.
    Last edited by Puma; 8th March 2015 at 07:24 AM.