Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Epic Fourway Challenge! (Oslo vs. Cynder vs. BTPoke vs. Em) | Ref: Puma

Layout Madman Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default The Epic Fourway Challenge! (Oslo vs. Cynder vs. BTPoke vs. Em) | Ref: Puma

So it has finally come to this, aye?

I asked everyone, and got them to agree, so here we are! (I sacrificed a wizard! D: )

Let's explain the basic rules, shouldn't be too complicated.

=> Battle Royale, 2 v 2 v 2 v 2, 1 Pokemon out at the time.
    ==> The first Pokemon is restricted to it's Gen.3 and downward moveset.
    ==> The second one however, has no restrictions.
    ==> Abilities don't count, and everything can be used for both.
    => Attacks may target only one Pokémon.
    => DQ Time is set for 2 weeks. I really don't want to DQ anyone here (:
    => Damage Cap is set to 40%
    => The issue order will get randomised after every fainted Pokemon.
    ==> Until a Pokemon fainted, the order will switch as usual in a row.

Major Rule Change:
    => Both Pokemon will be known when the battle starts, however, switching to the other one manually is NOT possible.

The Arena is the Indigo Plateau, pretty standart and all of the combatants should know it pretty well. If not, we have indestructible surroundings, soft ground and a little lake in the middle.

Of course I will be reffing this battle of epic proportions, and I hope this is going to be a lot of fun!
    ( + I'm creating a completely new Layout, forged in the deeps of Photoshop, to make this battle even more memorable and visually appealing (: )

The battle will start after everyone sent me their two Pokemon in order, and Oslo gets a free slot! (I just felt like announcing it, so everyone has some time to prepare)

Pokemon sent:
    Everyone ready.

Oslo Status: Let's get rollin'!

Layout Status: [ Finally finished. Worked about 10-12 hours on it. I hope you'll shit bricks. ]
    Last edited by Puma; 7th July 2013 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Title Change, it looks cooler that way.
    Avatar drawn by the wonderful Cynder in reference to this! Go check her other art out! ^-^

Advanced Trainer

Default Re: The epic Fourway Challenge! (Oslo vs. Cynder vs. BTPoke vs. Em) | Ref: Puma

So, I've made a few major changes to the rules.
    I have to ask everyone to agree - once again -

Thanks in advance, I will announce the Pokémon used afterwards, the first commands will be given when Oslo gets his free spot.
    Avatar drawn by the wonderful Cynder in reference to this! Go check her other art out! ^-^

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: The epic Fourway Challenge! (Oslo vs. Cynder vs. BTPoke vs. Em) | Ref: Puma

I'm alright to battle. I agree

Does it look like I care? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I agree to it

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker
    Adventure, another Pokemon Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    I'm sorry, you're confusing me with someone who gives a shit.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

It's fine with me, I'm looking forwards to seeing this new template, too!

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Oslo in once he gets an empty slot. Oslo also cool with the rule change. Oslo also also intrigued by this crazy new reffing layout.

Advanced Trainer

I start by letting you take a look at the preview of my new Template, while also announcing the order for your first commands. These SHALL NOT be given, until Oslo get's a free spot. Thanks, and without further ado, let's reveal the Pokémon choices! Feel free to comment, but as I said, no commands yet!

Layout Notes:
    The sprite is a small preview, due to unknown reason. I'm going to ragequit soon >.>
    However, here is the pic in full size.

Also, thanks for your custom sprite Em, it took like 3 hours to color the Pic. D:
    I shall slaughter you if this is not appreciated :'D

Referee Notes:
    The gods of randomness demanded the following order for the first round:
    Emerald => Oslo => BTPoke => Cynder
    Last edited by Puma; 3rd July 2013 at 04:48 PM.

Master Trainer

oh my god what the frack that is so cool

like my eyes are stinging because of too much cool

Advanced Trainer

Glad you like it. I mean, it took like 12 hours, and if the forum presets ruin this for me, I shall go on a rampage and kill a few innocent wizardninjas of Narnia. >-<

Elite Trainer

Default Re: The Epic Fourway Challenge! (Oslo vs. Cynder vs. BTPoke vs. Em) | Ref: Puma

Horry Sheet, this looks amazing! Waaaaay better than I could've ever done xD

Advanced Trainer

Default Re: The Epic Fourway Challenge! (Oslo vs. Cynder vs. BTPoke vs. Em) | Ref: Puma

*Want's to drop the gym battle with Oslo just to see this works out* Seriously love this and the sprite thingy you made for Yin!

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Advanced Trainer

As much as I would love to take Credit for the Espeon, I did screw up a lot and ended up letting Aura (New Member here) color the Espeon, while I continued working on the whole thing.

Glad to know you two enjoy it too. I seriously hope I'll find a solution, because this thing here is not adjustable in size at all. It's pretty much tailored to fit the forums.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Oh my gooooooood! I really wish I'd thought of this; then again, it'd give me all the more reason to procrastinate |3 Did you make that stadium sprite yourself?? WOW

Advanced Trainer

Mine's the only female! Woot Woot gurl power! *Is a guy in real life*

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Advanced Trainer

There we have it! Oslo has a free slot and this epic battle is finally able to start!
    Guys n' Girl, issue your commands!

Emerald _Gen.3 => Oslo => BTPoke => Cynder
    Enjoy!

Advanced Trainer

Ok Yin lets start off with three Psychic's at Karura

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Dude wtf? That's is seriously fantastic. The icon won't go any bigger because of the size limitations for pics on the forums, sorry :/

This is why I love new creative blood. That's seriously riduclouawesome!

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Advanced Trainer

Would have used Lloyd with his new moves but somebody decided to forget about the Move Tutor Shop

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

I Finnished last Moderator

I must give my kudos to Puma, too! Although I don't have as much power as others giving them.

But one warning/advice. Don't get a burnout like I do every four years.

Veteran Trainer

Em: wha?

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Advanced Trainer

Thanks everyone!
    Mikachu, haha, I'm really close to one actually I guess, but whatever, I'm going to handle Let's Plays, Fandubs, a few pupils, working on my Pokémon game and spriting some stuff for deviantart! Somehow this'll work out, or I'll have to stop with one of these.

Advanced Trainer

oopsnvm forgot that it took 7 days for Move Tutoring :/

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Master Trainer

Body Slam (Yin) ~ Surf (Karura) ~ Body Slam (Yin)

Sub: If at any point you take damage from Tybalt, spend the entire round spamming him with Brick Break.

Elite Trainer

Take damage, huh?

Swagger (Ragemuffin) ~ Attract (Yin) ~ Zap Cannon (Ragemuffin)

Master Trainer

I WAS BEING COOL WITH YOU, BRO

WHY YOU GOTTA BE LIKE THAT, BRO

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Swords Dance ~ Protect (if Surf works)/Swords Dance ~ Sky Uppercut@Tybalt

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    I WAS BEING COOL WITH YOU, BRO

WHY YOU GOTTA BE LIKE THAT, BRO
    I DIDN'T KNOW THAT! I'M SORRY!!!! D:
    Last edited by BTPoke; 7th July 2013 at 06:42 PM.

Advanced Trainer

Now seriously. Why am I unable to preview my post? I'm getting a fatal error everytime, and that sucks D:
    (Fatal Error: Maximum Execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in [folder] on line 1441.)

Oh, I guess you can't just center the whole thing with one center bb code. Fine. Fixed it. (:
    Last edited by Puma; 7th July 2013 at 05:53 PM.

Veteran Trainer

Still don't get why it auto-scaled down 15%

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer

And with that, let me welcome you, ladies and gentlemen! We are once again in for a battle that will not only try to continue the feelings everyone had in the threeway, but will also try to take it to a new, fast-paced level!
    We already know where and how we are fighting, so let me introduce you to the combatants, shall we?
    Three of them, still tired from the last one rest on one of the benches, talking about the last battle they all had.
    Let me see, we have Emerald here, who is eagerly waiting to give his luck another shot and win this round, BTPoke, who did win the last while pulling a Robirdo in great style and Cynder, who did a great job and even entered the final tie breaker. That sums up the previous battlers, but not everyone we have involved here. Even the referee, who enters just as I said these words, pulls out his Pokéball and releases his first Pokémon, a way too big tadpole with boxing gloves.
    The other three don't hesitate a second and release a few Pokémon of their own. Let's see, we have a bull, ready to stab everyone with his horns, a brilliantly colored cat (no seriously, it's awesome) and a chicken that also looks like it's about to punch someone in the face.
    Quite interesting! Even the referee, taking Oslo's place since he's fighting can't wait for the start of the battle.

So, let's get going, shall we?
    (Click for bigger image)

♣Round One♣

Turn 1
    With the Pokémon out, nothing stands between the start of the battle and the shout of the commands. Oh well, there you go! The commands are given and the Pokémon start moving. Except for Tybalt, who pretty much just starts to stand on his back hooves and executes extremely stupid looking poses, while also boasting about how he sat on a few tadpoles the other day. Now seriously. What the hell. Ragemuffing shares my thoughts and gets angry, unfortunately also confused who to attack. While I was watching this interesting dispute, Yin also gets the fight started. As the only female on the field, she picks up Karura with her telekinetic abilities and slams her a few times against the arena floor. Oh, you don't need to be so mean! Peace man! The Combusken starts to show of some sick dance moves, not only impressing the referee and combatants, but also raising his attack sharply. Back to the Swag, we see Ragemuffin trying to forget the stupid taunting, and wow! With great sucess it seems, as he charges into Yin at great speed, knocking the Espeon over and paralysing her in the process. Oh no, bad luck returns!

[ -0 HP | -8 EP | Swagfusion | Attack (+2) ]
    [ -0 HP | -5 EP | ~ ]
    [ -15 HP | -6 EP | Attack (+2) ]
    [ -9 HP | -10 EP | Weak Paralysis ]

Turn 2
    Yin shakes her head... God, that stupid tadpole doesn't know how to treat a lady. However, Tybalt slowly approaches her, with an incredible smile on his face, his flowing mane in the wind. Yin wasn't too impressed, reflecting the charming smile back to him, and Tybalt instantly falls in love with the Espeon. Isn't she beautiful? Uhm. Yeah. Okay, that creeps me out a bit. Better watch someone else. For example Ragemuffin, who is fighting with himself again. However, he manages to keep his cool and unleashes a gigantic wave into Karura's direction. He turns around in an instant, prepared for the attack and raises a purple shield. The water slowly runs down the surface of her shield like rain while driving a car. Uh, that sure as hell brings back some memories. Yes. Of driving in a car while it rains. You've got a problem with that? Anyway, Yin, inflicted by Paralysis is still able to fling Karura around, who didn't think of a defense plan for THIS.

[ -0 HP | -7 EP | ~ ]
    [ -0 HP | -6 EP | Attracted to Yin (Magic Bounce) ]
    [ -14 HP | -8 EP | ~ ]
    [ -0 HP | -9 EP | ~ ]

Turn 3
    Finally thinking about attacking for once, Tybalt charges himself up by dragging his feet across the ground a few times, and unleashes a yellow blob of pure electricity, while shooting it into the general direction of Ragemuffin since it's insanely difficult to aim. Speaking of difficult to aim, the ball just vanishes into the sky. Well, it was an attack at least. Close enough.
    Taking this as a break of trust, the Poliwhirl finally looses his cool and redirects the orders his trainer gave him into a barrage of melee hits, some weak, some strong, resulting into complete frustration. Calm down, holy.
    The punishment isn't over at all, as Karura starts an airborne punch with extreme force into the beaten up Tauros, completely knocking him into the arena walls. But before he's able to land on the ground again, Yin picks him up and flings him right next to Tybalt.

[ -0 HP | -6 EP | Frustrated! ]
    [ -6 HP; -18 HP | -13 EP | ~ ]
    [ -11 HP capped | -8 EP | ~ ]
    [ -0 HP | -10 EP | ~ ]

Referee Notes
    • The next set of commands will be issued in the following order:
      Oslo => BTPoke => Cynder => Emerald_Gen.3
    • Every status affliction was rolled by an RNG, and it seems like you are completely lucky everyone. (:
    • Swagfusion works like that, you only have a 50% to unleash the planned attack at the opponent chosen, with another chance of 50% just using Frustration.
    • Protect did not work against Psychic, since it was directed at the Surf and Karura got kind of outmaneuvered.
    • Unless overcome, Paralyzis will slowly decay over the next two actions and Attract will remain for 7 more actions.
    • Unless overcome, Swagfusion and the attack boost that comes with it will remain in effect for 6 more actions.
    • Karura's speed boost comes into effect next action, raising the priority she moves in. Also, attacks that need high speed have a bit higher damage and accuracy.
    • Also, you are allowed to measure if I've depleted the bars correctly, and the results will be: Nope. I did deplete them by touch, so they might not be 100% correctly. However, the percentage numbers are correct. Hopefully.
    • Feel free to provide me with some feedback with this new complete template if you want to. It makes my belly warm. That sounded stupid. Actually, it's enough if I put at least a grin on your face x)
    • Also, if anything is to be questioned, feel free to ask me, even in advance. (How I ref a certain status infliction or move for example.)

A little note on the layout, beginning from the next turn, the position of every Pokémon will appear at the Indigo Plateau sprite up there. However, only at the beginning of the next round, so can "kinda" say where your opponents stand, but not really. This will effect damage and energy costs of certain moves.
    Last edited by Puma; 9th July 2013 at 12:06 PM. Reason: -Capped Tag added.

Advanced Trainer

I just want to throw in that Magic Bounce woud have deflected attract but otherwise i loved this!

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Advanced Trainer

Oh, yeah, I knew I forgot something. It doesn't change a thing hp wise though.
    Correcting this tomorrow.

However, you guys could still order your commands, since it's only a visual change.

EDIT: Done. Everything's up to date now. Also edited the flavour text a little now.
    Last edited by Puma; 8th July 2013 at 06:25 AM.

Elite Trainer

oh, shoot, I forgot about magic bounce D:

Advanced Trainer

Cynder, I'm aware that you hit the damage cap, it's just a pain to correct little things in this template. I'll correct it tomorrow.
    Still, feel free to command everyone!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Looks good! Although I know you've given justification, Protect does last a whole action to my knowledge, and affects all attacks, not just the one that it's targeted at. That, and his speed boost ability should have taken effect! :3

Advanced Trainer

I don't write speed boost down, but it does come into effect. While it is right, that Protect will guard you against any incoming attack, it's also possible to get outmaneuvered by certain attacks and combos, which probably also is the reason for explosion to still take effect on a protected target, as there are multiple kabooms.
    So, Protect for me is a shield your raise in front of yourself, which is the reason why you could get damage by faint attack for example, or combos that result in you vanishing and reappearing behind your opponent. Since Yin stood behind Karura at the time, there was no way to turn around so quickly. I'm sorry if that caused you any troubles (;

Speed Boost will take effect next round, raising the priority you move in. For now it's
    Tybalt => Yin (Moved down due to paralysis) => Ragemuffin => Karura, Next round, you will move before Ragemuffin.
    I added it in the referee notes, since it will also raise damage to speedy moves.

I hope everything is clear now, I'll make sure to make everything visible in the reffing and the notes, if any questions remain, I'm happy to answer them.
    Last edited by Puma; 9th July 2013 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Spelling

Master Trainer

Sub: If at any point Tybalt directs any move at you, spend the entire round spamming him with Brick Break.

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post

Sub: If at any point you take damage from Tybalt, spend the entire round spamming him with Brick Break.
    Do I detect a usage of copy/paste, Ozzy? xD

Alright, let's take the hint this time, my appropriately-named Shakespearean friend. Don't really feel like getting wailed on by brick breaks

Rain Dance ~ Zap cannon@Yin ~ Curse

If you're taunted out of rain dance and Curse, use Earthquake on Karura instead of those two moves

If Yin does something to make hitting her more difficult during zap cannon, use shock wave instead

If you get hit with a status move ever, spam Facade on whoever sent it

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Focus Punch@Tybalt ~ Thunderpunch@Ragemuffin ~ Sky Uppercut@Tybalt

If Yin decides to interrupt that focus punch (which would be a stupid idea :U) spam Mega Kick at her for the rest of the round.

Advanced Trainer

Ok Toxic on all three in this order, Ragemuffin then Karura and wait till after Tybalt makes his last move and then do it if we do this correctly then we should only take damage from Ragemuffin and Tybalt which I am fine with.

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker