Thread: MLG vs. Puma: Water War! [Ref: Cynder]

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default MLG vs. Puma: Water War! [Ref: Cynder]

I'm testing out Lizz Aloudor my new female Tympole! Who wants to have a go at her?

It'll be a plain one on one, and the arena is all up to you!

Layout Madman Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Lizz Aloudor wants you to fight her!

Yeah. I'll battle you (:
    Let's go with a cloud in the skies. Falling off results in loosing an action. Dive/Dig is not possible.
    Okay with you?

I'm also not going to be a dick here and choose Carlos, my male Slowpoke with Regenerator.
    It sucks to try a Pokemon out if your opponent picks one with type advantage in a one on one

DC: ~45%
    DQ: ~1 Week

(Gonna post commands when you accepted)
    Last edited by Puma; 3rd July 2013 at 04:16 AM.
    Avatar drawn by the wonderful Cynder in reference to this! Go check her other art out! ^-^

Master Trainer

Good, everything fine for me! Let's rumble!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Omfg I love that name! My name irl is Lizz, even spelled like that xD

Will ref!

What's Lizz's ability, by the way?
    Last edited by Cynder; 3rd July 2013 at 06:02 AM.

Advanced Trainer

Oh gawd, battling against a Lizz with Lizz as a ref. I'm so screwed.
    Nah just kidding, let's get going!

Carlos, I know you wanted to evolve, but I'm sure this will be a quick and fast paced battle.
    So, let's get to it! Start out by calming your mind, to derp even better then before, afterwards, use your charm to attract the lil' Tympole. Smile as charmingly as you can!
    Follow with the first psychic, to see how much it does.

Also, if she tries to inflict us with any major status ailments, Protect yourself against them at any given point. Also, if she tries to shield herself from the Attract, just calm your mind even further. You shall be the calmest, and derpiest (ist that even a word? xD) Slowpoke on this planet.

[Calm Mind ~ Attract ~ Psychic]
    Sub: Protect at any given time against major status ailments.
    Sub 2: In case she shields herself from attract, go with another Calm Mind instead of Attract.
    Avatar drawn by the wonderful Cynder in reference to this! Go check her other art out! ^-^

Master Trainer

Thanks a lot Cynder! Awesome! Her ability is Swift Swim btw.

Alright Lizz, let's go! Start with an Uproar so he can't calm his mind! Normally you should be too busy to fall for that attract I think, but we'll see! Use Uproar until it works out and then fire a Mud Shot in his eyes!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: MLG vs. Puma: Water War! [Ref: Cynder]

TEAM MELOVEGHOSTS vs. TEAM PUMA

Round 1
    Arena: Clouds

vs.

[Lizz Aloudor]

Female @ Swift Swim
    Hp: |||||||||||||||||||| 100pts
    Ep: |||||||||||||||||||| 100pts
    Uproar ~ Uproar ~ Uproar
    [Carlos]

Male @ Regenerator
    Hp: |||||||||||||||||||| 100pts
    Ep: |||||||||||||||||||| 100pts
    Calm Mind ~ Attract ~ Psychic

With a flash of red light, ASB veteran and moderator MeLoVeGhOsTs sends out his newest Pokemon, Lizz Aloudor the Tympole. She lands atop the cloudy arena, and readies herself for battle as newbie Puma sends out his Slowpoke, Carlos. The sprightly little Tympole begins the battle with a massively loud uproar, projecting her voice and doing her best to disturb Carlos. However, he's just a little too zen to be disturbed, and proceeds to calm himself.... At least I think he's doing it, either that or sleeping. Seems Carlos has laziness down to an art form! (not unlike myself |3)
    Lizz Aloudor: -8 Ep .:. Carlos: -9 Hp, -5 Ep, +1 SpA, +1 SpD

Entirely oblivious to what's going on around her, Lizz continues to shout and just generally hurt poor Carlos's ears. He tries to woo her, but with all of that racket, he finds himself off tempo and completely unable to catch her attention. He tries to calm himself once more, but with the burning rejection and noise alone on his mind, he's having a little difficulty.
    Lizz Aloudor: -9 Ep .:. Carlos: -7 Hp, -7 Ep

Lizz Aloudor remains loud and proud and continues to shout at the top of her voice, but she can feel herself really getting a little hoarse now. Carlos is starting to lose the Zen image he maintained so well at the start of the round and is full on clutching his ears, when he suddenly decides to take matters into his own hands. With increased special prowess, he uses his Psychic ability to shut her up and throw her around a little while he's at it.
    Lizz Aloudor: -11 Hp, -9 Ep .:. Carlos: -7 Hp, -6 Ep

End of Round 1

[Lizz Aloudor]

Female @ Swift Swim
    Hp: |||||||||||||||||||| 89pts
    Ep: |||||||||||||||||||| 74pts
    [Carlos]

Male @ Regenerator
    Hp: |||||||||||||||||||| 77pts
    Ep: |||||||||||||||||||| 82pts
    +1 SpA, +1 SpD

MeLoVeGhOsTs to attack next!
    Last edited by Cynder; 27th December 2014 at 12:38 PM.

Master Trainer

I think Carlos stat increases should be at the end result? Just so I can keep track:p

Mudbomb! Hypervoice! Earthpower!

Advanced Trainer

Even though I love little advantages, Lizz should be at 89 HP, no 88
    Also, I thought Uproar is only good against sleeping, but I guess you'll learn a new trick everyday. did carlos loose the stat boosts from calm mind in the last action there?
    Good Job Carlos! Kinda! I have a masterplan on how to deal with this situation, first, direct a surf right into the Mudbomb, since Water should be Superior to Ground typing, our attack should come through, even if it's weakened, while the Mudbomb should get destroyed completely.
    Second, go for a thunderwave and use future sight after you took the hit from Earthpower! Unleash the blast of future sight at whatever time seems best for you! Afterall, it's you who use it, not me.

[ Surf (against Mud Bomb) ~ Thunderwave ~ Low Priority: Future Sight ]

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Round 2

vs.

Now with a slightly sore throat, Lizz decides to change tactics and fires a thick, hardened glob of mud at Carlos. It sails through the air until it's intercepted by a massive wave of water, which slows its progress and wears away some of the mud, but it's still travelling with enough force to do some damage. Lizz takes the full brunt of the surf now, but the resistance her typing allows for a little respite even with the special attack boost.
    Lizz Aloudor: -8 Hp, -6 Ep .:. Carlos: -3 Hp, -9 Ep

Annoyed that her last attack was practically nullified, Lizz fires off a powerful shockwave of sound, which starts to hurt Carlos's already raw ears once again. Clutching at the sides of his head, Carlos summons a weak jolt of electricity that courses through Lizz's body, and leaves her feeling a little less mobile than before.
    Lizz Aloudor: -9 Ep, Paralysed .:. Carlos: -8 Hp, -5 Ep

Even though the paralysis slows her down, Lizz is still considerably faster than her opponent and uses this advantage to get in a strong attack before he has time to react. A fast eruption of ground type energy rises from the surface of the cloud and strikes Carlos from beneath, sending him flying towards the edge. He's still on the cloud, though, but makes no attempt to move himself to safer ground. Instead, he uses his psychic abilities to forsee the most opprtune time to attack in the future.
    Lizz Aloudor: -9 Ep .:. Carlos: -8 Hp, -7 Ep

End of Round 2

Puma to attack next!

Forgot to note down the calm mind boosts, but I've edited that in now. :3

Advanced Trainer

Alright Carlos, we didn't have luck with the Paralysis there, but that's alright! With future sight in effect we might get 4 attacks through in single round. Start things out easily, and calm your mind once more. Afterwards, Slack off once and start another Psychic.

3 Bazillion Subs incoming!
    Protect at any time against major Status ailments.
    If she tries to overcome my calming with more noisy shenanigans, go with Psychic instead of Calm Mind.
    If she happens to get paralyzed before you used Slack off, go for another Calm Mind again!

[ Calm Mind/Psychic ~ Slack off/Calm Mind/Psychic ~ Psychic ]
    Sub: Protect at any given time against status ailments.

Master Trainer

Disturb the calm mind again, but this time with Supersonic! Then Mud Bomb and Hypervoice!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Round 3

vs.

Continuing her 'noisy shenanigans', Lizz Aloudor ignores the paralysis and makes a high pitched noise, which leaves Carlos's barins feeling a little scrambled. As a result, rather than pulling off a psychic like his trainer requested, he starts to hit himself in the head with one paw to attempt to clear it.
    Lizz Aloudor: -8 Hp, -6 Ep .:. Carlos: -4 Hp, -1 Ep, confused

Once again Lizz attempts to attack, but this time the paralysis that ails her stops her in her tracks. However, Carlos's mind is feeling a little clearer so he focuses on calming himself once again, which raises his stats further and causes the confusion to abate slightly.
    Lizz Aloudor: N/A .:. Carlos: -5 Ep, +1 SpA, +1 SpD, -25% confusion chance

With her muscles now free of paralysis, Lizz Aloudor does what she does best and makes an absolute racket, which almost makes Carlos wish he has the soundproof ability. In his confused anguish, he starts to hit himself again, which causes his confusion to disappear entirely.
    Lizz Aloudor: -9 Ep .:. Carlos: -7 Hp, -4 Hp, -1 Ep

End of Round 3

Quick note: there's a 50% chance of hitting yourself with confusion, and calm mind reduced that to 25%. However, Puma, you got unlucky and the RNG dictated you were hit by confusion anyway xD

Advanced Trainer

Just to throw that in there, SCREW YOUR RNG! So, I feel relieved now, I can go back punching my own RNG in the face.
    EDIT: Also, isn't the damage of Hyper Voice a little high taking into account I have +2 Sp.D now?
    Last edited by Puma; 23rd July 2013 at 10:23 AM.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Rounding's to blame for the damage, my calcs for increased SpD are divided by 1.2 for every single increase, so that means that the number came out at 6.25 after calculating from a base power of nine. Then, after rounding up like I always do (purely because that's how it happens in the game), you took 7 hp damage. Hope that clarifies for you!

Master Trainer

Attack with a barrage of Facade's! If she tries Double Team, use a widespread Surf.

Advanced Trainer

Well, well, well. Double Team is overrated anyway!
    Carlos, take the first facade, and Amnesia her Facade away, so we get two free rounds of complete Psychic Shenanigans! First, a last calm mind to raise damage and sp.def into the skies, and then start the Psychic!

[Amnesia@Facade ~ Calm Mind ~ Psychic]

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Round 4

vs.

In an attempt to turn the paralysis she suffers to her favour, Lizz works herself up and whacks Carlos, the paralysis seizing up her bones acting to her advantage. However, this quick advantage doesn't last long as Carlos yawns, and the sheer nerve of it makes her forget what she was doing.
    Lizz Aloudor: -7 Ep, *facade forgotten* .:. Carlos: -14 Hp, -7 Ep, confused

Facade? Fass-ahd? Fake-ade? Face-aid? Lizz sits around, contemplating what exactly she's meant to do, while Carlos once again does a big load of nothing at all. Or it seems like nothing at all, because he's so calm with closed eyes and a natural lazy demeanour that his meditation looks an awful lot like sleeping. However, it causes his already boosted special stats to rise further.
    Lizz Aloudor: N/A .:. Carlos: -5 Ep, +1 SpA, +1 SpD

Now feeling a heck of a lot stronger, Carlos's eyes open and begin to glow with a bright pink aura. An identical aura appears around Lizz, and she's thrown around unceremoniously, cringing from the headache he's giving her. She's still unable to attack, the technique escapes her.
    Lizz Aloudor: -19 Hp .:. Carlos: -9 Ep

End of Round 4

Puma to attack next!

Advanced Trainer

Well, now it's time to finally do some damage! And for real, if the paralysis fairy doesn't pay her a visit I'm going to throw my computer and your rng out of the window!

Psychic all the way! If you forget how to use it or not able to move the same move twice in a row, replace/mix it with Psyshock! If she sets a lightscreen up, go for Zen Headbutt/Grass Knot mix instead.

[Psychic ~ Psychic ~ Psychic]
    Sub: Torment: [Psychic ~ Psyshock ~ Psychic]
    Sub: Amnesia@Psychic [Psyshock ~ Psyshock ~ Psyshock]
    Sub: Light Screen [Zen Heatbutt ~ Grass Knot ~ Zen Headbutt]

Master Trainer

Double Team, Refresh, Return!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Round 5

vs.

Without even releasing Lizz from his mental grip, Carlos throws the tympole around once again. She lands on the cloud with a soft thump, shakes off the feeling of entrapment, and begins to flop around incredibly quickly. This display produces three exact clones of herself, and they all leap to different areas of the cloud.
    Lizz Aloudor: -19 Hp, -6 Ep, +3 clones .:. Carlos: -9 Ep

Now with three clones covering her back, Lizz sits back and takes a moment to rest. She feels the paralysis locking her muscles slowly dissipating and takes advantage, shaking her tail fin just a little now that feeling has returned to it. Carlos, unsure of which tympole's which, just takes a random guess and directs his mental energy at one of them. However, when he does, it just vanishes.
    Lizz Aloudor: -5 Ep, -1 clone, no longer paralysed .:. Carlos: -9 Ep

With a boost of confidence from her new found flexibility and clone friends, Lizz takes a great leap at Carlos and slaps him across the head with her tail. Now with the real Lizz in his grips, however, Carlos has no difficulty aiming and grasps her with strong psychic energy. She cringes, lying back on the soft surface of the cloud for a quick breather.
    Lizz Aloudor: -19 Hp, -5 Ep .:. Carlos: -9 Hp, -9 Ep, -2 Hp (exhaustion)

End of Round 5

Note: When a Pokemon runs out of energy they lose 1 Hp for every 2 Ep consumed, and Return did so much damage because Lizz was pretty lucky the turn before so she felt rather happy about it, which is of course an influence on the power of the attack.

Master Trainer

Double Team - Flail until you pass out.

Good match Puma! Good challenge, lizz is gonna want a rematch!

Master Trainer

Double Team - Flail until you pass out.

Good match Puma! Good challenge, lizz is gonna want a rematch!

Advanced Trainer

I'm not going to let this battle end in a loose without trying!

Carlos, I have trust in ye, wait till she created the clones, then let them vanish all at once with Earthquake, afterwards, follow up with a Psychic, except you can't handle a Psychic anymore because of your exhaustion, in that case follow with a confusion.

[LP: Earthquake ~ Psychic ~ Psychic]
    Sub: [LP: Earthquake ~ Confusion ~ Confusion]

Urgh, I did not edit the commands, just pointin out that it is meant to be a combo of two, don't now why I screwed up the string so badly. I think I made that clear in the text though D:
    Last edited by Puma; 22nd August 2013 at 05:24 AM.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Round 6

vs.

[Lizz Aloudor]

Female @ Swift Swim
    Hp: |||||||||||||||||||| 16pts
    Ep: |||||||||||||||||||| 12pts
    Double Team ~ Flail ~ Flail
    [Carlos]

Male @ Regenerator
    Hp: |||||||||||||||||||| 18pts
    Ep: |||||||||||||||||||| 0pts
    +3 SpA, +3 SpD
    Earthquake ~ Confusion ~ Confusion

Dissatisfied with her remaining three clones, Lizz once again performs a double team. After splashing around furiously, three more clones spring to life and now 6 Lizzs stare Carlos down. He slaps the surface of the cloud strongly with his tail in an attempt to create strong siesmic waves, but because they're on a cloud, this tactic doesn't work. Carlos really feels the strain of low energy kicking in now.
    Lizz Aloudor: -6 Ep, +3 clones .:. Carlos: -5 Hp

Lizz and her five clones continue to flop around, but this time they're a lot less benign and they start to hit Carlos repeatedly. Carlos cringes but somehow manages to hold on to conciousness, but he finally falls after an attempted confusion fails on one of Lizz's clones.
    Lizz Aloudor: -5 Ep, -1 clone.:. Carlos: -10 Hp, -3 Hp

End of Round 6

[Lizz Aloudor]

Female @ Swift Swim
    Hp: |||||||||||||||||||| 16pts
    Ep: |||||||||||||||||||| 1pts
    [Carlos]

Male @ Regenerator
    Hp: |||||||||||||||||||| 0pts
    Ep: |||||||||||||||||||| 0pts
    +3 SpA, +3 SpD

MeLoVeGhOsTs wins!

Good job you two, this turned out to be a really close battle! Puma, your strategy probably would have worked if it wasn't for the arena; it doesn't seem plausible to be able to use Earthquake while sat on a cloud, unfortunately. Anyway, MLG and I get 2 points, while Puma gets 1. :3
    Last edited by Cynder; 10th February 2015 at 02:27 PM.

Advanced Trainer

I prepared... so long... for this finisher... and I forgot the arena... excuse me while I go cry in the corner for a year or something.

Good Match though!

Master Trainer

Good match Puma, you're a worthy opponent, we'll be having a re-match soon! Thanks a ton for reffing Cynder, much appreciated!

Good job Lizz, let's go get you some feet!