Thread: Duel with the Princess! (PC vs. Ayuen) (Ref: Puma)

Thread Killer Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Duel with the Princess! (PC vs. Ayuen) (Ref: Puma)

Yup, I'm set out to challenge our resident princess, Ayuen, for a battle!

Feel free to set the rules (I prefer 1 on 1 with however many Pokemon) and arena and whatever other stipulations that'd you like.

I'll send out first and you attack first is the only one I'd like to throw in.

Do ye accept, fair maiden?
    Last edited by Perfect Chaos; 12th July 2013 at 08:11 AM.

The Damsel of Disaster! Moderator

Default Re: Duel with the Princess! (Ref: Needed)

I accecpt... And I want to fight you in...

MY CASTLE! (I made it myself...)

My Throneroom will suffice for the battle!

1 v 1.

No banned moves, no Damage cap, no special rules... Save one... If your pokemon is thrown in to one of the five (5) fires, they will take 10 damage, even if normally immune to such damage. This also does not cause weak to fire types to take extra damage (environmental hazard).

Lets roll with... My Umbreon, Midnight. She has Synchronize and is shiny.

Vs Seeker - 99% complete. Click here.

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Ayeun's Safari adventures.

Elite Trainer

Default Re: Duel with the Princess! (Ref: Needed)

Interesting arena choice

Technically I was supposed to send out first, but since you've already chosen your Pokemon, that's fine

I choose Regal, my male Tyrogue with the Guts ability

Regal [M]
    @Guts

Your turn to call moves out first Ay.

Default Re: Duel with the Princess! (PC vs. Ayuen) (Ref: Needed)

I sent out first... So you attack first... hehe.

And yes, that is MY throne room... In MY Minecraft castle. I might do an upload of the screenshots later.

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Does it look like I care? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I like that texture pack Aye, won't be reffing but I'll be watching

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker
    Adventure, another Pokemon Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    I'm sorry, you're confusing me with someone who gives a shit.

Elite Trainer

OK then...

First battle for you Regal, so let's make a strong showing. Start things off by getting in a quick, speedy strike, follow up with a wall-shattering punch and finish off with a quick vacuum of energy to keep Midnight off-balance.

Mach Punch ~ Brick Break ~ Vacuum Wave

Default Re: Duel with the Princess! (PC vs. Ayuen) (Ref: Emerald_Gen.3)

Take that first hit... And respond with a Psychic... Throwing him in to the fire pit. Then make him regret it, use Attract. Finish out with a Yawn. Yeah... It's gonna hurt, but it will be worth it.

Layout Madman Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

A fast paced 1 v 1, aye?
    Since Emerald said he won't be reffing this, I guess I'll take it if you two agree. (;
    Avatar drawn by the wonderful Cynder in reference to this! Go check her other art out! ^-^

Elite Trainer

Derp, I don't know why I read that wrong. Go right ahead Puma!

Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Duel with the Princess! (PC vs. Ayuen) (Ref: Puma)

TEAM
    Princess Ayeun vs. Perfect Chaos
    These two noble-hearted combatants started a duel under the following conditions! It would be advisable to read them, as people rumor they contain helpful information!

Arena
    => The Princess' Throne Room

[My Lord? We have a situation here! The princess herself was challenged to battle, and it already started in her throne room. The Pokémon stand on even grounds, however, pillars of flame damage those who dare to touch them. ]

DQ Time
    => 7 days by default. Are these conditions acceptable my lady?
    => Note that DQ Time only comes into effect, when one of the combatants call it.

Rules
    => One Pokémon is out on the battlefield. If it faints, the battle is over.
    => There's no damage cap. Get rolling!

Additions
    => I'm definitely not able to distinguish, who of the noble combatants has the upper hand. I shall cheer for the both of you.
    => Getting thrown into the Pillars result in 8 damage, touching them in 5. However, getting thrown into them causes the pillar to die out.
    => And that could result in lowering the accuracy of the Pokémon.

...Prearrangements ಠ_ರೃ...

------------------------------------------
    I shall welcome you, ladies and gentlemen, to this exclusive visit to the Princess' Castle. You might want to tone down your voice a bit, as a breathtaking battle is in the making. Would you follow me? Yes, that way. Here we have the enormous and beautiful corridor, that leads to the throne of the princess herself. Let's take a look, shall we? . . .
    Oh, what's that? The princess is having a battle I see! Right at that moment, Perfect Chaos enters the hall. Pleased to make your acquaintance! He releases his Pokémon, the bulky looking Tyrogue answering to the name of Regal. The Princess has already released her Pokémon, the glowing Umbreon Midnight, which is said to be the fiercest battler around these lands.
    Anyway, sit down, drink a cup of tea, and I shall start the battle between these combatants!

♣ROUND 1♣

The light is a bit dim, even with the fire pillars lighting the place. I feel a bit uncomfortable, I have to say. But this battle is not about my well-being, it's about the fight between Sir Chaos and Princess Ayeun!
    The commands are given, and the Pokémon start moving. Regal suddenly vanishes, or wait, no, he just moves at an incredible fast pace! He strikes from the side, not knocking Midnight over since she just waited for her perfect moment to strike. She picks him up and throws him into one of the pillars, dealing intense damage while also shading the area into a darker tone of black. This is going to get deeply interesting!
    [ -8 HP | -9 EP | ~ ]
    [ -13 HP; -8 HP due to the pillar | -4 EP | ~ ]

Regal barely stands after that attack. Midnight slowly approaches, winking a few times. He instantly forgets about fighting and follows her around a bit. Not able to fight against his never-ending love, he decides to not break bricks and watch her walking gracefully around the battlefield. Such a beautiful Umbreon...
    [ -0 HP | -5 EP | ~ ]
    [ -0 HP | -5 EP | Attracted | Can't move! ]

Regal channels his powers once more, trying to execute a swipe of extreme speed, but stops at the last moment. What was he thinking? He can't just go around and start hurting the lady of his dreams. Obiously not impressed, Midnight let's out a yawn, rendering the love-struck Regal sleepy. Is it bed time already?
    [ -0 HP | -8 EP | ~ ]
    [ -0 HP | -4 EP | Sleepy | Can't move! ]

Also, since one of the Pillars died out, we still have 4 left. From now on, they will affect accuracy if somehow "turned off".
    (Also, someone stop me when I try to sprite something without reference that I never sprited before)

...Afterwards...

Referee Notes
    • Princess Ayeun will issue her commands next!
    • I toned down the damage of the pillars a bit, so the battle won't be over too quickly, regarding it's a 1 v 1 situation, and it's stated nowhere that you use more than one. (:
    • Unless overcome, Regal will fall asleep in 2 actions, and he will remain under the effect of attract for 7 actions!
    • If the Energy of a Pokémon happens to reach 0, it will lose 1 HP for every 2 EP consumed. Also, it's action pool is reduced to two per round. However, the effect of "Relax" is doubled.

Last edited by Puma; 12th July 2013 at 10:30 AM.
    Avatar drawn by the wonderful Cynder in reference to this! Go check her other art out! ^-^

Good opener...

Another Psychic, then a Shadow Ball, and finish off with a Dream Eater if he falls asleep, or a Giga Impact if not.

Elite Trainer

Start making a huge uproar to clear off any sleepiness and get rid of that stupid infatuation, then get in close with a speedy punch and finish off by countering that large attack to really make a huge dent in her.

Uproar ~ Mach Punch ~ Counter

Advanced Trainer

TEAM
    These two noble-hearted combatants started a duel under the following conditions! It would be advisable to read them, as people rumor they contain helpful information!

Arena

[My Lord? We have a situation here! The princess herself was challenged to battle, and it already started in her throne room. The Pokémon stand on even grounds, however, pillars of flame damage those who dare to touch them. ]

DQ Time
    => Note that DQ Time only comes into effect, when one of the combatants call it.

Rules

Additions
    => I'm definitely not able to distinguish, who of the noble combatants has the upper hand. I shall cheer for the both of you.
    => Getting thrown into the Pillars result in 8 damage, touching them in 5. However, getting thrown into them causes the pillar to die out.

♣ROUND 2♣

Midnight, starts focussing for another round of psychic shenanigans, lifting Regal in the air who suddenly starts to... Scream? Seriously, what the hell? Surprised by the sudden loud noises, Midnight looses focus and drops Regal, while still dealing a fair bit of damage. But seriously? Screaming? Come on! As soon as he hits the ground, he adds stomping to his repertoire of loud noise creation. This starts to hurt my ears!
    Also, he seems to be wiping off the sleep, by creating these sound effects, but his love to Midnight won't alter, just because he joined a 1-man band!
    [ -5 HP | -9 EP | ~ ]
    [ -9 HP | -8 EP | Sleepy no more ]

The Tyrogue vanishes in the shadows once more, only to reappear behind Midnight and executing a mighty... hug? Okay, that was a bit weird. Midnight responds with a ball of pure shadow, that darkens the environment even more, and carrying him of his feet.
    [ -0 HP | -8 EP | ~ ]
    [ -8 HP | -4 EP | Can't move! ]

Noticing that Regal won't go to sleep anytime soon, Midnight starts glowing, while Regal starts standing in a weird pose. She charges with full force at Regal, who waited just for the right moment to pick her up and throw her against the walls with high speed. This had to hurt quite a lot! Midnight barely stands and needs to recover for a few seconds...
    [ -23 HP | -10 EP | Exhausted ]
    [ -13 HP | -8 EP | ~ ]

4 Pillars remain...

...Afterwards...

Referee Notes
    • Perfect Chaos will issue his commands next!
    • Unless overcome, Regal will remain under the effect of attract for 4 more actions!
    • Midnight needs to recover for the next action, so you are limited to 2 commands my Lady!
    • If the Energy of a Pokémon happens to reach 0, it will lose 1 HP for every 2 EP consumed. Also, it's action pool is reduced to two per round. However, the effect of "Relax" is doubled.

Last edited by Puma; 13th July 2013 at 06:35 PM. Reason: "Lifting Regal in the Round". What? ._.

Elite Trainer

While she's trying to recover from that last attack, go for a jumping kick to really lay the smackdown on her, then follow through with a wall-shattering punch and finish with another speedy fist to her jaw.

Hi Jump Kick ~ Brick Break ~ Mach Punch

Yawn again, then Psychic into more fire!

Advanced Trainer

TEAM

Arena

DQ Time

Rules

Additions

♣ROUND 3♣

This fight is reaching it's climax soon.
    Tyrogue jumps high into the air and starts to spin, only to crash down on Midnight who happens to recharge right at the wrong spot. The kick completely knocked her over, dealing serious damage.
    [ -22 HP | -0 EP | Exhausted no more ]
    [ -0 HP | -9 EP | ~ ]

Tyrogue's revenge streak isn't over yet. While Midnight releases a yawn, as she's obviously bored by the incoming attack, Tyrogue starts focussing and starts a series of punches and kicks at vital points in Midnight's defense. Surprised by the strong attack, Midnight stumbles over and facepalms the ground. Yawning is dangerous. But effective, as Regal gets sleepy once more.
    [ -14 HP | -7 EP | ~ ]
    [ -0 HP | -9 EP | Sleepy ]

That's it! Midnight had enough! She is going to destroy this lit... Wait a second... Where is he? Regal vanished into extreme speed once more, only to appear from the side and... hugging her again. Ninja Regal Hugger Tyrogue's job is done here. Well, not quite. Midnight picks him up and throws the Tyrogue into the next pillar. Is it just me or did the room get a lot darker?
    [ -0 HP | -9 EP | ~ ]
    [ -13 HP; -8 HP due to pillars | -5 EP | ~ ]

Another Pillar down. Accuracy starts to get worse! (-10%)

...Afterwards...

Referee Notes
    • Princess Ayeun will issue her commands next!
    • Unless overcome, Regal will remain under the effect of attract for one more action!

Last edited by Puma; 15th July 2013 at 02:31 PM.

Well damn...

If he falls asleep from the Yawn, use Dream Eater x 3. If not, Psychic x 3. And keep bashing him in to the last pillars.

Elite Trainer

Don't you fail on me now Regal, make some more ruckus to keep yourself awake, then create some clones so she won't know which one to focus her psychic power on, and finish off with a combined kick barrage on her.

Uproar ~ Double Team ~ Hi Jump Kick

Advanced Trainer

TEAM

Arena

DQ Time

Rules

Additions

♣ROUND 4♣

Never thought I'd actually witness a battle that could end after 4 rounds! Splendid job so far you two, let's see who comes out victorious. Midnight doesn't hesitate a second and lifts Regal into the air, throwing him into another pillar, making this whole fight even harder to watch. Regal joins his 1-man band once more, keeping himself awake with the noises created. Also, he seems to suceed with shaking off the attract. IT'S ON NOW!
    [ -5 HP | -9 EP | ~ ]
    [ -13 HP; -8 due to pillar | -7 EP | Sleepy no more ]

Midnight is putting her speed to test. She starts focussing and Regal barely manages to set the double team up. Also, the darkness seems to completely irritate her, and she's not able to hit anything. Not even a clone. That's bitter.
    [ -0 HP | -9 EP | ~ ]
    [ -0 HP | -10 EP | Doppelgangers (3) ]

Midnight knows that this is it. It's all or nothing now. She starts focussing once more, while all Regals charge at her, jumping into the air. She picks one, and looks frightened as the Regal she threw around vanished. Oh god. The kick hits hard, but doesn't knock her out. It looks like we'll have one last round to go!
    [ -22 HP | -9 EP | ~ ]
    [ -0 HP | -9 EP | Doppelgangers (-1) ]

Two left, accuracy takes quite a hit! (-30%)

...Afterwards...

Referee Notes
    • Sir Chaos will issue his commands next!

Last edited by Puma; 17th July 2013 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Regal's not attracted anymore.

Elite Trainer

In it to win it Regal! Game-winning combo commence!

Fake Out + Feint + Mach Punch

Well... Fuck...

Protect ~ Quick attack.... Don't think you'll make it tho.

Advanced Trainer

TEAM

Arena

DQ Time

Rules

Additions

♣ROUND 5♣

As Princess Ayeun starts loosing hope in her Pokémon, Chaos is confident to win this. But is he going to pull this combo off? Regal doesn't doubt his trainer a second, and charges into battle, with an extreme speed fake out.
    Midnight's barely able to set the protect up and blocks the vicious strike. What Midnight and Ayeun didn't expect is, that the Protect was highly anticipated, as Regal's fist glow black and he cuts through the shield, knocking Midnight out in the process. And with that, we have a winner! Regal celebrates with executing the Machpunch in a contest like way, running around the walls and fulfills an impressive sommersault in the process. Ey, no boasting!
    [ -1 HP | -8 EP | Fainted! ]
    [ -0 HP; -8 due to pillar | -15 EP | ~ ]

...Afterwards...

Woaaaah! May someone light the pillars please? I want to see the people I pronounce my congratulations to.
    Anyway, good job you two! That was a fast-paced battle indeed! As for points, Chaos will get 2, and Ayeun gets 1, while I dig away on my monocle and top-hat wearing Diglett. SEE YOU LATER!

Referee Notes
    • I still don't get why you used the two moves consecutively Ayeun. You COULD have made it with a well-aimed combo there.

Elite Trainer

Thanks for the quick reffing Puma. GG Ayuen, definitely a close battle. Definitely would like to battle again in the future!