Don't get me wrong. Marlon is a pretty cool Gym Leader in theory and his Pokemon in both the Easy/Normal and Challenging difficulty settings are good but I think he's too easy for a final Leader. In the first gen, Giovanni could be difficult if Fissure hit your team as it caused an instant KO and if you had bad luck, I'm sure it would be easy to lose to him. The Second Gen I think was the most difficult as Dragon type Pokemon were quite rare and hard to get and Ice Pokemon weren't exactly all the powerhouses many are today (i.e. Piloswine not having Ancient Power and no Hail TM for 100% accurate Blizzard) and if you were like me, had no one to trade to get a Dragonite or Kingdra to beat Clair's Kingdra. That Pokemon made me lose so many times on the GB. Blue was alwaysdifficult as none of his Pokemon had a common weakness among them. Wallace/Juan were somewhat easy but then again Water Pulse could easily render your attacks useless when it caused Confusion and I believe that Luvdisc had Sweet Kiss which made things worse. Volkner was tough because of CHarge Beam's occasional Sp. Attack boost and Raichu. Drayden and Iris were hard because of Dragon Tail and Haxorus. But Marlon, I swear I beat him without even trying hard. I seriously just beat him with a Gavantula at Lv. 38 with Thunderbolt and Volt Switch. Took out three of his Pokemon with it. The Virizion took out Carracosta with two hits and Dragonite just used two Dragon Rush to take out Jellicent. I always beat him in one shot. And I restarted my game three times. Anyone else think Marlon is a bit weak for the eighth Gym Leader?