Thread: Ampharos VS Darth_Jack (Ref: Puma)

heyheyhey Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default Ampharos VS Darth_Jack (Ref: Puma)

DQ: 3 days
    Direct healing moves banned (Moves such as Giga Drain and Aqua Ring are still legal)
    Damage Cap: 45%
    Arena: Floating Platform

A 10metre by 10metre platform floating on the endless ocean, rocking with the endless waves. As the platform is free-floating, moves like Earthquake and Dig will have... Unorthodox effects.

I'd like to send out first if you're OK with that (and everything else), Jack. I'll go with Charmander (Male, Blaze).

Any problems with that, speak up. Otherwise, good luck!
    Last edited by Ampharos; 19th July 2013 at 05:30 PM.

Layout Madman Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Ampharos VS Darth_Jack (Ref needed)

How many on how many? Depends if I have the time reffing it.
    Avatar drawn by the wonderful Cynder in reference to this! Go check her other art out! ^-^

Death the Kid Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

I think a simple 1v1 would be good. I'm ok with all of those, and I will be using Hawk Eye (my Starly (m) with keen eye)

Advanced Trainer

Will Ref. (:
    Avatar drawn by the wonderful Cynder in reference to this! Go check her other art out! ^-^

Beginning Trainer

Yay, so I make my moves first right? And it's a series of three moves right?

Advanced Trainer

Yes, indeed.
    I'm going to be a lazy ass and send you my explanation to CaptainJigglypuff here. (:

Beginning Trainer

Alright then, lets do this.
    Alright Hawkeye, lets start off with a double team. After that, use areal ace to knock them off balance and then toxic. If they use something that would give a status ailment, use protect as a substitution post double team.
    (Double team~areal ace~toxic. Sub protect.)
    Last edited by Darth_Jack; 19th July 2013 at 12:44 PM.

Beginning Trainer

Start with a Swords Dance. Then wait for the Starlys to attack you, and Counter the Aerial Ace. Try to attack back right as you're hit, so you hit the real Starly, and not a clone. On the last action wait until you're hit, then use Facade, assuming you still know which Starly is the real one. If you have no idea, spread out a Flamethrower over all the Starlys to make the clones dissipate.

Swords Dance ~ Counter ~ Facade/Flamethrower

Beginning Trainer

Just a suggestion, you moght wanna update the post so that people know we have a ref

Advanced Trainer

TEAM
    Ampharos vs. Darth_Jack
    These two eager combatants are duking it out under the following conditions! You might want to read them, as people are rumoring they contain helpful information!

Arena
    => The Floating Platform
    [ A weird construct, noone knows how it was build. However, the combatants fight on a floating plattform right above the sea! It is advisable to not use moves like Dig or Earthquake, as Pokémon that fall of the edge not only loose an action, but also get light damage! ]

DQ Time
    => 3 days. Don't start something time consuming!
    => Note that DQ Time only comes into effect, when one of the combatants call it.

Rules
    => A simple 1 on 1, as the first Pokémon of a traienr fainted, the battle's over.
    => Damage cap is set at 45%.

Additions
    => It seems like Darth_Jack got the upper hand with his choice, but we'll see!
    => Pokémon that fall off the plattform, loose an action and 5 HP, in addition to the damage done.

...Preparations...

------------------------------------------
    Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen! That's what I'd say when people were around at least. But you guys needed to choose a frickin' flying plattform above the sea with noone around. It looks like I'm reffing this one for myself again. Sigh. Anyway, let's take a look at our combatants nonetheless, shall we? We have Ampharos here, who just joined our lovely ASB here, and his opponent, Darth_Jack just got approved. Oh, this is going to get interesting, as the combatants release their Pokémon. A red weird lizard thingy, and a cute chubby little bird. I shouldn't waste so much time introducing them to... well. Myself. Let's get rolling!

♣ROUND 1♣

I guess I continue to commentate this for my sake only, eh?
    The commands are issued, and the Pokémon get moving! Charmander, with the most creative nickname ever, Charmander, starts to dance. No seriously, I'm not joking you, me! What, really? Yeah! He does! And it looks pretty good! You are right me! These moves are sick! It even increases his attack a bit, don't ask me how that works, I guess these are dragon shenanigans I'll never understand. Starly in the meantime, duplicates itself, creating 5 more. Holy, that's a big number! They start talking about the weather for no explicible reason, but as long as they have fun, whatever!
    [ -0 HP | -6 EP | Attack (+2) ]
    [ -0 HP | -7 EP | Doppelganger (5) ]

Hey, me! Guess what! What? They actually start to attack! What? No way! Yes! Really! They do! Charmander starts standing in a weird fighting stance, while Hawk Eye prepares for a fast, and strong attack with all his doubles at once. That works pretty good, until Charmander decides to grab the right one and throw him on the ground in a rapid way. AW! As the right one was struck, the clones vanish. And Hawk wanted to discuss some more with them... He sheds a tear.
    [ -5 HP | -7 EP | ~ ]
    [ -10 HP | -7 EP | Doppelganger (Vanished!) ]

Once again, Charmander waits patiently for his opponent to act. And this act is more than just disgusting. Hawk starts to throw up. Was it because of all the pain he felt in the moment his clones vanished? We'll never know. What we do know is, that he hurled the purple-ish mass at the Charmander, knocking it over. But wait! There's more! Charmander grins, and abuses the poison for a rage induced barrage of melee hits all over Hawk's face. That had to hurt a lot!
    [ -0 HP | -7 EP | Badly Poisoned ]
    [ -14 HP | -6 EP | ~ ]

Also, The poison starts to take it's toll, almost not noticable though.

[ -1 HP ]

...Afterwards...

Referee Notes
    • Ampharos will issue his commands next!
    • The poison will grow more severe next round, dealing 3% damage.
    • If the Energy of a Pokémon happens to reach 0, it will lose 1 HP for every 2 EP consumed. Also, it's action pool is reduced to two per round. However, the effect of "Relax" is doubled.

Beginning Trainer

Default Re: Ampharos VS Darth_Jack (Ref: Puma)

Facade, Thunderpunch, Fire Punch. If he's out of reach, or you can't hit him for some other reason, Dragon Dance.

Facade/Dragon Dance ~ Thunderpunch/Dragon Dance ~ Fire Punch/Dragon Dance

Beginning Trainer

Use whirlwind and knock back Charmander. Then use double team followed up by sand attack.
    Whirlwind~Double team~sand attack

Beginning Trainer

Also, that was a great move on your part Ampharos, I feel like I've gotta play defensive now.

Advanced Trainer

Forgot to take the +2 Attack on Charmander last round into account. The first attack here will deal as much added damage as the Facade would have gotten, + the usual attack buff. Sorry, but it's easier that way.

TEAM
    Ampharos vs. Darth_Jack
    These two eager combatants are duking it out under the following conditions! You might want to read them, as people are rumoring they contain helpful information!

Arena
    => The Floating Platform
    [ A weird construct, noone knows how it was build. However, the combatants fight on a floating plattform right above the sea! It is advisable to not use moves like Dig or Earthquake, as Pokémon that fall of the edge not only loose an action, but also get light damage! ]

DQ Time
    => Note that DQ Time only comes into effect, when one of the combatants call it.

Rules
    => A simple 1 on 1, as the first Pokémon of a traienr fainted, the battle's over.

Additions
    => Pokémon that fall off the plattform, loose an action and 5 HP, in addition to the damage done.

...Preparations...

♣ROUND 2♣

Maybe if I scream loud enough, someone will actually hear me.. Oh? We are back? Well, uhm, forget that! Welcome back the to the flying plattform of complete isolation, or how I like to call it, Bertha. Things are issued, Pokémon are executin'. Charmander starts another frustrated looking melee attack, hitting the Starly for a good amount of damage. However, Hawk decides to put an end to this early and unleashes a whirlwind, throwing the Charmander off the plattform. Uh... It's not able to fly, is it? Urgh. Altaria, would you please pick this drowning Charmander up and bring him back? Thanks!
    [ -5 HP; -5 HP due to the arena | -7 EP | Fell off ]
    [ -20 HP | -6 EP | ~ ]

While Charmander rolls around the ground to get himself dry again, Hawk Eye sees the perfect opportunity to set his whole gang back up. It seems a few members didn't want to join the party, as 2 is a really small number. Hawk looks disappointed. Aw.
    [ -0 HP | -0 EP | Can't move! (Arena) ]
    [ -0 HP | -6 EP | Doppelganger (2) ]

Charmander finally finished his "roll-around-to-dry-so-I-can-slap-Hawk-in-the-face-again-action", and gets back up. What. 3 Starly? Charmander looks a bit confused, but goes for an eletric induced punch anyway. The hit Starly vanished, while the other two go for a synchronous dick move, and hurl sand from wherever they got it on this flying plattform into the Charmander's face, lowering it's accuracy in the process.
    [ -0 HP | -7 EP | Accuracy (-1) removable ]
    [ -0 HP | -4 EP | Doppelganger (-1) ]

And if that was not enough yet, Charmander's poison flares up once more, damaging him with tripled power, which isn't very much at all.

[ -3 HP ]

...Afterwards...

Referee Notes
    • Darth_Jack will issue his commands next!
    • The poison will grow more severe next round, dealing 5% damage.
    • If the Energy of a Pokémon happens to reach 0, it will lose 1 HP for every 2 EP consumed. Also, it's action pool is reduced to two per round. However, the effect of "Relax" is doubled.

Beginning Trainer

Ok, we gotta pull this off right here right now. Use agility plus quick attack to hit it hard and try to get out of there quickly, then pull another "dick move" and use sand attack again.
    Agility+quick attack~sand attack
    (Quick question, when one gets knocked off, will its last move get skipped, or the next move be skipped?)

Beginning Trainer

Just Protect against the combo, sweep a Flamethrower to eliminate the clone, then Facade once more.

Protect ~ Flamethrower ~ Facade

Advanced Trainer

Depends. If you get thrown off before you execute your move, that will be skipped. If you fall off afterwards, the next move gets skipped.
    If I don't end up procrastinating, I'm getting this up soon.

Beginning Trainer

Dang, completely forgot about your protect XD. Also, thanks Puma

Advanced Trainer

TEAM
    Ampharos vs. Darth_Jack

Arena
    => The Floating Platform

DQ Time

Rules

Additions

...Preparations...

♣ROUND 3♣

Hawk Eye turns up the speed now. He starts flying in a fast pace, and even boosts his velocity by mixing the agility with the movement of quick attack. Charmander is slightly confused and watches closely. As Hawk charges down all of a sudden, Charmander is barely able to set his shield up, and the Starly bounces off like a ball thrown against the wall. He continues with his enormous speed though.
    [ -0 HP | -8 EP | ~ ]
    [ -0 HP | -16 EP | Agility Stage One ]

Charmander grins. BLOCKED DAT. He proceeds with unleashing a giant flame-beam like thing, but hits the clone again. D'aww. The remaining Starly takes revenge for his fallen comrade and throws even more dirt into the Charmander's eyes. STOP THAT COME ON.
    [ -0 HP | -8 EP | Accuracy (-1) ]
    [ -0 HP | -6 EP | Doppelganger (-1) ]

Charmander tries to hit his super fast moving opponent half-blind, but ends up punching the Arena Floor. TAKE THIS! AND THAAAAT! He's completely annihilating the Arena. A bit more effort and it will go down eventually! Also, Hawk's speed boost fades again. It was nice while it lasted!
    [ -0 HP | -7 EP | ~ ]
    [ -0 HP | -0 EP | Agility no more ]

Charmander's poison continues to suck his life force out of him. God, that sounds brutal this way! It's still bearable though.

[ -5 HP ]

...Afterwards...

Referee Notes
    • Ampharos will issue his commands next!
    • The poison will grow more severe next round, dealing 8% damage.

Last edited by Puma; 21st July 2013 at 04:35 PM.

Beginning Trainer

I was hoping to hit both Starlys with the Flamethrower, but it doesn't matter. Hone Claws twice to get rid of that pesky accuracy drop, then one more Facade.

Hone Claws x2 ~ Facade

Beginning Trainer

Use Team Nice Dynamite Combo!!!!!
    Agility+quick attack~double team

Advanced Trainer

TEAM
    Ampharos vs. Darth_Jack

Arena
    => The Floating Platform

DQ Time

Rules

Additions

...Preparations...

♣ROUND 4♣

While Charmander starts sitting on the ground and sharpens his claws, Hawk decides to interrupt this peaceful carving practice by starting to fly around fast and crashing into the poor fire lizard when he least expects it. Which is pretty much at any time, as the sharpening requires Charmander to pay full attention.
    [ -8 HP | -7 EP | Attack and Accuracy (+1) ]
    [ -0 HP | -15 EP | Agility Stage One ]

Things start repeating. Charmander continues to sharpen his claws, while Hawk Eye decides to bring his companions back to life, as the full party of five arises once more.
    [ -0 HP | -8 EP | Attack and Accuracy (+1) ]
    [ -0 HP | -6 EP | Doppelganger (+5) ]

Finally finished! Charmander looks back up and seems surprised by the sudden amount of birds flying around. Come on like. What the hell man? He goes for another frustraded barrage, but ends up hitting a clone. Will this madness ever stop? It does indeed, as the birds fly a lot slower at least.
    [ -0 HP | -7 EP | ~ ]
    [ -0 HP | -0 EP | Agility no more | Doppelganger (-1) ]

The poison really hurts this time, and takes away a fair bit of health from the Charmander.

[ -8 HP ]

...Afterwards...

Referee Notes
    • Darth_Jack will issue his commands next!
    • The poison will grow more severe next round, dealing 13% damage.

Last edited by Puma; 23rd July 2013 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Fixed Hearts.

Beginning Trainer

Hmm, lets start off with agility once more. Then, go right into a quick attack. Finish off with whirlwind. If he uses any move that's super effective, use protect instead.
    Agility~quick attack~whirlwind (sub protect)

Advanced Trainer

Just to throw that in, you know you are not limited to a movepool, right? You can use every move your Pokémon is able to learn. Including TM, Breeding and everything.
    Just wondering, because Quick Attack doesn't seem to be the strongest choice.

Beginning Trainer

I know, but I feel like its a better move cause I can get in before his move and get out. As Charmander can use thunder punch, I feel I gotta play defensively, and I don't see wing attack as having the same effect and I don't wanna use brave bird quite yet because of its stat decrease.

Beginning Trainer

Flame Burst, which upon explosion should dissolve all the clones. Then Facade, finally Protect against the Whirlwind.

Flame Burst ~ Facade ~ Protect

Advanced Trainer

TEAM
    Ampharos vs. Darth_Jack

Arena
    => The Floating Platform

DQ Time

Rules

Additions

...Preparations...

♣ROUND 5♣

You can't really focus in complete isolation. Goood. Charmander is having troubles focussing as well, and decides to just flame burst ALL THE THINGS.
    It seems like ALL THE THINGS is defined as Hawk Eye, as he hit the right one directly in the face while he speeds up once more. As a result, his clones vanish again. Just when he started a race against them! That's just rude!
    [ -0 HP | -8 EP | ~ ]
    [ -9 HP | -6 EP | Agility Stage One | Doppelganger (Vanished) ]

Hawk Eye uses the gained momentum for a full speed Quick Attack, but just when he hit the Charmander, he get's damaged by another frustrating barrage, completely knocking him into the ground.
    [ -6 HP | -7 EP | ~ ]
    [ -27 HP | -4 EP | ~ ]

Hawk Eye decides that ramming his opponent at high speed levels over and over again isn't the best way to win the fight, so he begins blowing him off the arena again. This time however, the Charmander sets up a shield to protect himself from the wind. D'aww.
    [ -0 HP; -1 HP due to fatigue | -8 EP | ~ ]
    [ -0 HP | -6 EP | Agility no more ]

Charmander let's out a loud cry, as the Toxic inflicts enormous pain.
    [ -13 HP ]

...Afterwards...

Referee Notes
    • Ampharos will issue his commands next, but is limited to 2 due to fatigue!
    • The poison will grow more severe next round, dealing 21% damage.
    • Let me explain this for a second. I usually add 1-3 damage per Attack up. So it differs a lot everytime you use an attack.
    • Also Jack, I don't know why, but my RNG hates you for some un-explicible reason. >->

Beginning Trainer

Facade twice. If you can't hit him for some reason, Relax.

Facade/Relax x2

Beginning Trainer

Quickly, use protect. Next, use brave bird. Finally, use wing attack.
    Protect~brave bird~wing attack

Advanced Trainer

This will take some time, regarding that Ampharos commands need to be interpreted correctly. Seriously, this could mean either that you want to Relax after your hit failed, or Relax before your hit is going to fail, which is impossible as your Pokémon can't predict the Protect beforehand. So I'll take my time and do this tomorrow, aye?

Beginning Trainer

I know he can't predict Protect. Before the action, if Charmander knows he can't hit Hawk Eye (it flew up, for example), I want him to Relax. For the first action, I'd want him to Facade, as he thinks he can attack normally.

Advanced Trainer

Alright, that makes sense, whoops. Misread that a bit. Getting this up soon.

Beginning Trainer

I think I've either won this round, or I loose next round.

Advanced Trainer

TEAM
    Ampharos vs. Darth_Jack

Arena
    => The Floating Platform

DQ Time

Rules

Additions

...Preparations...

♣ROUND 6♣

This fight is approaching the end almost as fast as a agility-quick Starly. Whatever, let's get goin! Charmander decides to Facade Hawk Eye again, but the attack gets blocked by a purple protective barrier.
    [ -4 HP due to fatigue | -0 EP | ~ ]
    [ -9 HP | -6 EP | Agility Stage One | Doppelganger (Vanished) ]

Hawk Eye prepares his strongest move yet, and flies up into the skies, only to dash down a few seconds after that high speed, charging at Charmander. However, the Charmander unleashes his frustration once more and punches Hawk Eye a few times before he could even land the hit.
    [ -3 HP due to fatigue | -7 EP | ~ ]
    [ -20 HP | -5 EP | Fainted! ]

The Toxic goes on, but Charmander is way too busy looking victorios to notice the extreme pain.
    [ -21 HP ]

...Afterwards...

And that concludes this battle! It did get interesting in the last round, because the poison could've lead to Jack's victory, as well as to an tie. Glad I was reffing this one, and with this I shall fly away on my Pidgey! See you later!

Also, Ampharos gets 2 points, while Darth_Jack gets 1. I get to take off with 2 as well. Bye!

Referee Notes
    • You pretty much had a 5-10% chance to survive this attack Jack. (:

Beginning Trainer

Good game, Darth_Jack, it was fun, and I think we'll both earn our stripes in this league eventually.

EDIT: And thanks Puma! Can't believe I forgot that!
    Last edited by Ampharos; 23rd July 2013 at 04:13 PM.

Beginning Trainer

Thanks, you two. I knew i wasn't gonna live to see another round afterwards, so I took the chance. Oh well. Well played and peace out.