Thread: X/Y Discussion thread (possibly some spoilers eventually!!)

Hybrid View

Cloyster Moderator

Default Re: X/Y Discussion thread (possibly some spoilers eventually!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cynder View Post
    I'm really not a fan of the new 'mega' pokemon, their designs are incredibly bland and half of them look like they're about to feature in a L'Oreal commercial; but one thing that is interesting is that they all seem to have the motifs of Xerneas and Yveltal. Blaziken has X shaped chest hair, Lucario has the same markings as Yveltal, Absol's fur looks vaguely Y shaped, Ampharos has Yveltal's cloudy fur, Mawile's mouths could be held up in and X shape. Maybe the legendaries are involved with their form change? Makes sense considering they're linked to genetics and stuff.
    I think you might be on to something. Remember how the image of Mewtwo's new form was called m2x.jpg or something like that on one of the official sites, and everyone thought that meant there'd be a Mewtwo Y form. Maybe there are X forms of certain Pokemon and Y forms of others and those forms have something to do with Xerneas and Yveltal respectively.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: X/Y Discussion thread (possibly some spoilers eventually!!)

When I read about the 'mega evolutions' I felt like the whole franchise had tripped and fallen down a toilet.

But maybe it's just the way they've phrased it; if it's an in-game effect, akin to a 'final smash' on SSB then I can see why it might work.

Even if they had done regional form changes for older Pokemon, so a Venusaur in the X/Y region looks slightly different to reflect the fact it's adapted to a new environment or something. I could get that.

It's also kind of weird they didn't just give Absol or Mawile evolutions, but maybe I'm still not grasping what all this mega stuff actually IS.

This does feel like a generation that I'm not *desperate* to be getting involved in, though.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013