Thread: White 2 Playthrough Team Help

Does it look like I care? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default White 2 Playthrough Team Help

So I decided to play my White 2 game (finally) and I'm already at Opelucid City. I want to make my final team for the game but not sure which Pokemon I should use. The team I'm using as of now are Samurott, Probopass, Reuniclus, Krookidile, Scolipede and I'm training up a Joltik as I write this.
    Samurott has Aqua Jet, Tail Whip, Water Pulse, and Razor Shell. Probopass has Power Gem, Rock Slide, Rest, and Discharge. Reuniclus has Snatch, Psychic, Light Screen, and Dizzy Punch. Krookidile has Dig, Scary Face, Crunch, and Mud-Slap. Scolipede has Venoshock, Baton Pass, Poison Tail, Bug Bite. Joltik has Electroweb, Bug Bite, Gastro Acid, and Slash. I have Light Clay on Reuniclus. Mystic Water on Samurott. Scope Lens on Scolipede.
    Are there any moves or items that I should put on these pokemon? Or any Pokemon I should put on my team? If you could help that would be great. Thanks! ^_^
    Last edited by Emerald_Gen.3; 3rd August 2013 at 01:47 PM.

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker
    Adventure, another Pokemon Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    I'm sorry, you're confusing me with someone who gives a shit.

Smell ya later! Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default Re: White 2 Playthrough Team Help

Put Revenge on Samurott. It'll help with coverage.

Vs. Seeker
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkestLight View Post
    I took some time and thought about getting you another Magnemite, but that would be hilariously redundant.

Advanced Trainer

Which move should I get rid of?

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Is your samurott's attack more or less than its Sp. Attack?

Advanced Trainer

It's attack is higher than his Sp. Attack

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Since you're playing the main game, pick 6 Pokemon that don't repeat types.

You can now beat the main game. Put strong moves onto your Pokemon and you'll be fine. The team you have is varied, though you do have two Bug types, it shouldn't matter, since Galvantula and Scolipede are good choices, Galvantula should be special and Scolipede physical. However, a Flying type could be really helpful for Fly, extra coverage, etc., so have a look through your Pokedex, see if there are any that interest you. Since if you're training up a Joltik, you can just switch it for something else, or decide between Galvantula and Scolipede.

Movsets should have a variety of types, most of which are Move Tutor, either by Shards or the Move Relearner and TMs/HMs. Surf, Fly, Strength and Waterfall are the good ones, so have them on your team. If you want to fully explore then have Cut and Flash if you really want.

As for movesets, having three water type moves on Samurott does nothing for you, it should have Surf. Then get Megahorn and maybe Ice Beam for coverage and then finally Watefall. My Samurott ended up having more special so it can easily go mixed. Probopass seems okay, but it doesn't have a huge amount, but it's better special, so Power Gem instead of Rock Slide, it'll also learn Earth Power soon too. Discharge is a fine move and it can even have a Steel type move if you want, though it can only learn Magnet Bomb until after the E4 when you can get Flash Cannon.

Reuniclus is a slow special attacker, so the moveset's fine. Give it Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Focus Blast, something to use its good stength. Krookodile should have Bulldoze since Dig technically does 40 Base Power per turn, but keeping Dig will be fine to get out of caves, etc. It will learn Earthquake later, but Bulldoze is fine. Foul Play is also an option, but Crunch is still an excellent STAB.

Scolipede is also physical, so Poison Tail will help you more than Venoshock, unless you poison the opponent, but it doesn't have much options until after the E4 when you can get Poison Jab. Megahorn is a must, so Move Relearner. And then Earthquake/Bulldoze to get around Steel types. Galvantula, conversely, is special, so give it Signal Beam, later learning Bug Buzz, then Electro Ball, later learning Discharge. Thunder from the TM is also an option if it has Compoundeyes, making it more accurate.

You might notice I'm not saying anything about defensive moves, or stat lowering ones. You don't need them, it's just the main game. My preferably strategy is attack, attack, attack, so my movesets usually have 4 attacks, but you might be different. Just use attacking moves, pick some Pokemon you like. And that should easily get you through the main game.

Advanced Trainer

I can't get Focus Blast till post game so what other move should i get on my reuniclus?

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Renuculus: Pure offensive set? Psychic/Psyshock, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball and well, hell it 's only the main game, so give it strength if you don't have a HM slave already. :/

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Advanced Trainer

Ok update: Got rid of Scolipede. Samurott has X-scissor replacing Tail Whip. Put Earth Power on Probopass. Reuniclus now has Shadow Ball and Energy Ball. Looking for a last move to replace Snatch. Bulldoze is on Krookidile. Samurott also has Surf. Picked up a Zubat for Flying type. Joltik is also close to evolving.

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Elite Trainer

For Reuniclus, you can use a Heart Scale to reteach it Recover. That's a fine move to keep it alive. Crobat is an excellent Pokemon, high speed, good attack, can't go wrong. Overall, when your team's complete, you'll be set to finish the rest of the game with ease. For the record, my team was Samurott, Ampharos, Muk, Volcarona, Aggron and Tangrowth. They got me through easily, you can use almost anything if you set your mind to it.

Advanced Trainer

Do you guys know any places to train my team up to atleast level 50?

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Emerald_Gen.3, how far into the game are you?

I think the Big Stadium and Small Court in Nimbasa are good places to train. There's also the Royal Unova in Castelia, which has rather annoying schedules but can give you some good training everyday.

Once you beat the Elite 4 for the first time there will be many more options. Until then, I'd say those 2 places and wild pokemon. Breeders rematch you every time you pass by them, but their Pokemon's levels are rather low.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

Advanced Trainer

OK so I'm post game right now. I've dropped Reuniclus, Crobat, and Probopass for Woobat, Darmanitan, and Lileep. I'm trying to get everyone to level 70 and Woobat to love me (Woobat why you no love me ) I'm gonna use the Big and Small Courts to train them up then I'll try and figure out the schedule for Royal Unova, *hates that thing's schedule so much*. Also does anybody know a good pokemon to breed the eeveelutions with? Ditto isn't as good at breeding as I thought it was

Are you ready for this?
    Vs Seeker

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

If you want baby Eevees, you'll need either Ditto, or a female Eevee/Eeveelution.

The schedule for the Royal Unova is the following:

Winter: 5 PM to 7 PM.
    Spring and Autumn: 5 PM to 8 PM.
    Summer: 7 PM to 9 PM.

If you're post-game, then you can also battle Hugh once a day in Driftveil (at the house with the former Team Plasma members).

You can also battle Morimoto and Nishino at the GameFreak building in Castellia.

Also, during spring, you can battle Cynthia in Undella Town.

There is also the White Treehollow, which can give your Pokemon some good training even at high levels (if you can put up with not healing while you're in there).

And you can go to the restaurant in Striaton, where you can Side with either Chili, Cilan or Cress for a double-battle against the other 2 brothers.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

Elite Trainer

Ditto's fine as a breeder, there's only a certain chance of an Egg spawning every 256 steps anyway, so just busy yourself with other stuff. If you want things faster, here's everything that can breed with Eevee.

White Treehollow is excellent to train, my Pokemon grew from 75 to 85 in that place, just by going through it once. It's time consuming, but beating down level 70 Blissey is so worth it. The courts are still useful as hell, especially if you change your DS clock to a minute before the next day and letting the time roll over ingame. If you keep leveling up, Woobat will eventually evolve, but gaining a level only gives it 5 points I think, decreasing as it becomes more happy to around 2 and you need to get 220 from 70 to evolve it, so keep at it, it'll evolve eventually.