Thread: Lumiose Ghost Girl Theories?

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Lightbulb Lumiose Ghost Girl Theories?

Ever since experiencing the Lumiose ghost girl's first and last appearance, lots of people including me have been searching all over Kalos and the internet for theories on what her appearance means. I have heard of many theories and have actually started to come up with one. Post your theories/thoughts here.

Here is my theory. I have searched all over the internet and no one has pointed out what I think is a huge possibility for the ghost girl.
    So, as you all know, the ghost girl shows up once, on the second floor of a building in Lumiose. She has the appearance of the hex girl NPC. There is a blackout, the music goes away, and the girl appears behind you. She moves, legs strangely positioned and not moving, and says, "No, you're not the one..." After that she never shows up again, and the room is just a normal room. On the 4th floor of Hotel Richissime there is a girl (once again hex girl NPC) in the room. She is in the left side of the room, and across the wall is the elevator. She says, "... ... ... ...Don't talk to me... ...If you do, I won't... ...hear the elevator..." This is strange because the girl in the other building seemed to be waiting by an elevator, too, but it's strange because this girl is...alive. Is she possessed? A completely different person? No one knows.

In the Lumiose Station, there are two billboards; go to the one in the back. Press A while standing behind it and you will be told that "Something is written on the back of the timetable: I'm going to go for help. Wait in the usual place". What does the message mean, and why is it here? Obviously whoever wrote it didn't want just anyone to see, so it was put somewhere where people wouldn't normally look. But who's the message from or for, and why do these people need help? Where is the usual place? It makes no sense. Nearby a little boy says, "It should be someplace right around here, right?" Lots of people believe that the little boy saw the note and is also looking around. But...I still wonder what "help" was needed. What if the help didn't get there in time? Did this cause the girl to die, and is she still waiting for that person? Waiting by an elevator...is a certain elevator the usual waiting place? And why where there two girls waiting by two different elevators? Was the message unclear and she didn't know which one? Hmmmmmmm.......

HERE IS THE PART THAT I THINK NO ONE HAS FOUND OUT YET!!!!!!!!
    Why is the message at Lumoise Station, of all places? This made me think. I concluded a theory of my own: The girl lived in Kiloude City. This ghost story has to do with Hoopa.
    A bit out there, yes, BUT!!! Go to Kiloude City and enter the first house after the station. Seriously, I flinched when I saw yet another hex girl NPC. She gives you the move Petal Blizzard and seems really cheery. But it's weird because all the other hex girls in the game aren't usually so happy, and instead more on the strange side. This girl is the only person in the house. There are two beds. Who slept in the other bed? I know that all the houses in Kiloude City have this same layout and furniture, but the game designers could have simply put another NPC in the house, saying whatever random quote. But no, this girl is all alone in the house; did the ghost girl use to live there, too? In this house? Again, I know that this is really out there, but it's a good step further into the mystery!
    The reason for the message being at Lumiose Station is possibly because the girl was traveling from Kiloude City by train; trying to investigate or solve whatever this other person went to get help for. After (somehow, lol) finding the note, she went to "wait at the usual place" for the person to arrive with help. But as I said earlier, why are there two girls waiting at two different elevators? The help and the other person obviously never came back if she's still waiting...and everything seems normal. What is she so concerned about that she needs to wait for all this time? I believe this all has to do with Hoopa. I know that this is a bit out there too. But Hoopa is a Ghost/Psychic-type and hex girls usually use Ghost-type and/or Psychic-type Pokémon. Hoopa may be the "help" needed, and because it is a mysterious and (apparently) legendary Pokémon, the hex girl decided to wait, even after she had died, for it to come to her. Whatever the problem, this is obviously a big deal for her and the other person.

Well, there's my theory! I'm sorry if it's stupid...I don't usually explore this much into the game's possibilities. xD
    But I believe everyone's theories are important, for any one of them could be true. Every idea is a step closer to figuring this all out!
    Thank you everyone, please comment your thoughts or theories below!

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Lumiose Ghost Girl Theories?

Placing her in the game only for her to amount to nothing would be very silly on Nintendo's part, especially considering Mew was an Easter egg in its origins and Mew is what got the game so much initial attention!

I'm thinking there's going to be a pokemon Z or something where they'll address what's going on with her, and she's probably tied to Zygarde (sp?) in some capacity.
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

I came up with a Hoopa-based theory too. I was discussing the ghost girl with a friend on FB and he thought that it could become a creepypasta. That got me thinking about Halloween, which is less than half a month away now. Ghosts? Halloween?

MAYBE an event will be released on Halloween that tells the story of the ghost girl. My own theory is that the ghost girl IS Hoopa, and her "you're not the one" dialogue may refer to the fact that the player is unable to catch Hoopa at that point. Maybe the girl will confront the player in a possible Halloween event and reveal herself to be Hoopa, at which point you can catch it.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

I came up with a Hoopa-based theory too. I was discussing the ghost girl with a friend on FB and he thought that it could become a creepypasta. That got me thinking about Halloween, which is less than half a month away now. Ghosts? Halloween?

MAYBE an event will be released on Halloween that tells the story of the ghost girl. My own theory is that the ghost girl IS Hoopa, and her "you're not the one" dialogue may refer to the fact that the player is unable to catch Hoopa at that point. Maybe the girl will confront the player in a possible Halloween event and reveal herself to be Hoopa, at which point you can catch it.

Cloyster Moderator

There are other Hoopa-related theories out there now. Some people believe that those areas where you catch past legendaries in OR/AS are portals created by Hoopa.

As for the ghost girl, I'm not sure. I do know that they like to put ghosts in Pokemon games without much explanation, such as with the old chateau in DPP.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I do know that they like to put ghosts in Pokemon games without much explanation, such as with the old chateau in DPP.
    True, nothing ever happened with her. You'd just talk and she'd disappear, just like the one on Marvelous Bridge in B/W. But this one has actual cryptic dialogue. That can't just amount to nothing, and there's lots of evidence that seems to point to the X/Y Ghost Girl. I don't think they'd build up a mystery this big and then abandon it.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I do know that they like to put ghosts in Pokemon games without much explanation, such as with the old chateau in DPP.
    True, nothing ever happened with her. You'd just talk and she'd disappear, just like the one on Marvelous Bridge in B/W. But this one has actual cryptic dialogue. That can't just amount to nothing, and there's lots of evidence that seems to point to the X/Y Ghost Girl. I don't think they'd build up a mystery this big and then abandon it.

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Maybe they were planning something, but the release date came before they could program the end of the story. Either that, or they wanted to leave people wondering.

Or maybe the answer can be unlocked with a special event, like the Zorua boy in BW.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭