Thread: Soooo....speculation time! (E3 topic)

Hybrid View

The cult of personality..... Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Soooo....speculation time! (E3 topic)

Well now that X/Y have been out for nearly four months I feel it's about time to get the speculation train rolling.

Who thinks we'll see some kind of Gen 6 related announcement at E3 this coming year? One way or another I think it goes without saying that we'll either be hearing about Pokémon Z as a special edition to the current games or we'll be hearing about a RSE remake that quite a few of us have expected for some time now.

I myself highly doubt we'll get an announcement for both of them but if anything I think Gen 3 remakes are extremely possible. It's possible to get Pokémon from those games onto X/Y but we're talking about something that requires an original DS/DS Lite, a Gen 4 game, a Gen 5 game and a second DS/3DS to do the transferring from 4 to 5. By this point I'd have to imagine there aren't too many people who have everything required or who would be willing to go through all the trouble to track everything needed down. There's also the fact that places like Gamestop no longer accept trades on anything GBA related and have been trying for awhile now to fully get rid of any remaining used stock on those items.

Bottom line: Gen 3 remakes make sense and we'll finally be hearing about plans for them this year.
    TPM's self proclaimed firearms expert, former RPG mod, occassional smartass and all around enigmatic wonder ^_~
    3DS Friend Code: 3196 4256 7846
    XBL: Enigma1985 NYJ
    Steam: enigmaticwonder
    FF.net: https://www.fanfiction.net/~enigmaticwonder85

Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent.
    Hide in plain sight.
    Never compromise the Brotherhood.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    -The Assassin's Creed

Cloyster Moderator

Default Re: Soooo....speculation time! (E3 topic)

I think remakes made sense with FR/LG and HG/SS, but I'm not so sure about RSE. Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, and the Gen 3 starters are obtainable in HG/SS, and Diamond and Pearl had virtually every Pokemon in existence up until that point, except for the starters and legendaries from older games.

If they do RSEmakes, I'd rather they have plenty of new content. Mix in some of the stuff from Emerald (battle frontier, for example), maybe expand the postgame even further with a Sevii Islands like area where other Pokemon can be obtained. Give us the chance to get Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina, because they're getting harder and harder to obtain.

As for E3, I'm not sure what kind of announcements we'll get, or if Nintendo will go back to a traditional presser or stick with the Nintendo Direct format from last year.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

RPG Dyke's Bitch Moderator

How are Dialga, Palkia and Giratina hard to obtain? You catch them in D/P/Pt through the story... And they gave them out recently as shinies in gen 5, in the weeks up until X&Y release. That defo wasn't UK only...

If you meant the Regi trio, then sure...

X-rated since April 2012!

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Crystal Tears: Shut. Up.
    Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

for all seasons Moderator

Gen 3 was probably my favourite, but I don't see the need for a remake. The first two gens were incompatible with the others, so remakes made sense, whereas I could pick up my Ruby version right now, train up a Breloom and then ship him on over to Pokemon Y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJigglypuff View Post
    Mortal Kombat
    Hey let's talk about Mortal Kombat in a Pokémon topic!

With all due respect I know the topic title reads "E3 topic" but keep in mind the topic itself is on the XY board and was solely speculation/discussion about potential future Gen 6 announcements. Bringing up Zelda and MK is about as off topic as you can get without venturing outside the realm of video game discussion.

Figured it was obvious.....guess it wasn't..... ~_~()

Anyway getting back on topic: it's interesting that Mega Evolutions for Latios and Latias were found within the coding for X and Y. On the one hand it could be something as simple as going to Gamestop, Best Buy, a Nintendo Zone location, ect. and downloading one of them with their ME stone. On the other hand this could potentially be another piece to suggest we'll see Gen 3 in some form. Keep in mind that back during DPP/Gen 4 that they found the coding for Pokémon caught in Johto long before the announcement of HGSS. There's already hints within Gen 6 to suggest we'll see Hoenn at some point.

That brings me to my next point....

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    Gen 3 was probably my favourite, but I don't see the need for a remake. The first two gens were incompatible with the others, so remakes made sense, whereas I could pick up my Ruby version right now, train up a Breloom and then ship him on over to Pokemon Y.
    While I can understand Drago's point of view I've got to disagree with it. It goes back to what I originally said in the first post of the topic:

It's possible to get Pokémon from those games onto X/Y but we're talking about something that requires an original DS/DS Lite, a Gen 4 game, a Gen 5 game and a second DS/3DS to do the transferring from 4 to 5. By this point I'd have to imagine there aren't too many people who have everything required or who would be willing to go through all the trouble to track everything needed down.
    It's entirely possible but it's something I don't see many people outside of long time players doing. Also keep in mind the age of the GBA games by now. The battery that operates the internal clock on my copy of Ruby is shot. Frankly that has me worried about the ability of the cart to keep data on it long term. It also goes back to the fact that some people may not have the required items to do a Gen 3>4>5>6 transfer. Honestly if it wasn't for the fact that I have Gen 3/4 games I would have likely traded in my DS Lite towards my 3DS XL.

I'll say it again: Gen 3 remakes just seem to make a ton of sense at this point. Granted there's still original copies out there and you can eventually get Gen 3 Pokémon to the newer games. However it's a very involved and time consuming process and while I wouldn't put anything past someone who was determined enough I honestly believe that most people wouldn't go through the trouble if they didn't already have all the required items already floating around their home.

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Eeeeehh...I GUESS I could see reason to bother with an RSEmake these days. They could redo Hoenn in the new 3D style, make Brendan and May customizable and maybe give Mega Evolutions to some Gen-3 species. ...no, wait, they couldn't feasibly put Mega Evolutions in the RSEmakes that aren't coded in X/Y and still allow battling between the two games...I assume someone's already hacked into the X/Y code and confirmed that there aren't any Mega Evos in the code that we haven't already seen?

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

Cloyster Moderator

Well, that's where it gets interesting. There are two other mega evos locked away in X/Y's coding... Latios and Latias.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

The Jigglypuff Master! Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

My thoughts on E3 games to be announced and showcased this year I believe are more info on a new Mortal Kombat that was announced last year but no other info released, possibly the next Smash Bros game for the 3DS/Wii U, something with Pokemon in it, and a 3DS version of Majora's Mask. A Majora's Mask remake is basically a given due to all the hints and the presence of the Mask in Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. The next Mortal Kombat game I believe will most likely be including the fighters from the MK reboot and will most defiinitely have all the MK 4 characters and also include Havik, Bo Rai Cho, Li Mei, Mavaldo, Hsu Hao, Daegon, and possibly Kira and Kobra. My reasons for the fighters introduced AFTER MK 4 being announced included in the next game are as follows: Havik was in Noob Saibot's ending, Bo Rai Cho mentioned in the Story mode, and Lei Mei may appear because Kenshi was in the reboot as a DLC. Mavaldo, Hsu Hao, and Daegon I believe will be in it because the former were only in two games and Daegon was only in MK Armageddon and the Red Dragon COULD use more of a backstory. And then Kira and Kobra could possibly be recruited by Kano into the Black Dragon instead of Kabal.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your garbage on me!"
    ~Watchy Watchog

Helga: So I'm NOT Kate Moss.
    Milo: Kate Moss isn't stuck in a sewer.
    Helga: Gee. I don't know. When you really think about it, is there any sewer bigger than the world of professional modelling?
    ~The Oblongs

3DS FC: 1160-9737-9152
    PM me and I'll add you!

Elite Trainer

Called it!

I'm not normally one to say "I told you so!" but......I TOLD YOU SO!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I think Rudy wins the internet for today. Any objections?

This also explains why Pokemon Emerald wasn't one of the free titles during the 3DS Ambassador program despite all the speculation to the contrary. Its absence did seem a little odd, but they must have been planning ahead for this. I'm sure that the challenge of redesigning all of Hoenn (yet remaining faithful to the original layout) for the new camera perspective is taking a tremendous amount of time and preparation.

I, for one, can't wait to see how Hoenn looks in 3D. I'm also hoping that they implement Emerald's Battle Frontier -- aside from GSC, I would argue that Battle Frontier gave Emerald the best post-game value of all the main series Pokemon titles. Of course, they may do something totally new for the RS remakes, sort of like FRLG's Sevii Islands and the Pokeathlon in HGSS.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

...Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

I refer you back to Rudy's WWE image above.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Poryhedron View Post
    ...Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

I refer you back to Rudy's WWE image above.
    Yeah....personally expected Ruby Red and Sapphire Blue to be the remake names. Then again considering the general stupidity of people nowadays it's entirely possible that those names may have made people think they were Gen 1 remakes.

I guess I can understand them despite thinking that RR/SB just sound and flow better than OR/AS. Seems to me that Game Freak doesn't want to repeat Nintendo's recent mistakes in system naming. Plenty of stupid people still have no clue the Wii U is a new system as opposed to an accessory for the original Wii. While it's not nearly as bad with the 3DS it happens there as well. It's especially bad with the non-3D, 2DS since there's folks that honestly think the 2DS is in the same product line as the original DS/Lite/DSi.

Oh well.....at least it should be clear what they are I guess.